• 10,784,054 Posts
• 421,035 Topics
• 24,733 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Chad was  (Read 32089 times)

justin2000m80

• Hogvillian
Re: Chad was
« Reply #200 on: November 09, 2019, 07:44:42 pm »

I know Iím losing wondering what is really going on.

RebelliousHog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Razorbacks: Hostile and mobile
« Reply #201 on: November 09, 2019, 07:46:03 pm »

LMAO!! This is the internet, dude. It's entirely opinion based. And being told something does NOT guarantee anything, but, many WANT to hear it. If YOU dont, why are ya in here?

Granted, but no one posts it as speculation. They post as if it is FACT. If it is FACT post a damn link. If not say "This is speculation, but I think CM cut a fart during the coaches handshake after the game."

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

rhames

« Reply #202 on: November 09, 2019, 07:47:05 pm »

hawginbigd1

• Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #203 on: November 09, 2019, 07:47:23 pm »

Id pay attention to this
which? and did you lock the "done" thread?

Grag T

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #204 on: November 09, 2019, 07:48:12 pm »

Granted, but no one posts it as speculation. They post as if it is FACT. If it is FACT post a damn link. If not say "This is speculation, but I think CM cut a fart during the coaches handshake after the game."

That is very likely factual.

dmaxfan

• Varsity
  • "We got that wood rot her"
« Reply #205 on: November 09, 2019, 07:50:07 pm »

What part of you lose to directional Kentucky, by a lot and oh by the way they lost to UCA that might just change a few things.  If your feeble mind can't grasp that...I can't help you.

Are you off your meds? Where did I ever disagree with this?
What I stated was prj was told what he told us then I was questioning on why people are mad at him for giving an update that the program changed their minds when prj has nothing to do with the program's decisions. All he's doing is being the messenger and people are trying to send him to the firing squad.

SquidBiily

« Reply #206 on: November 09, 2019, 07:50:12 pm »

It is if he thinks there's a chance he could lose the whole thing in court... and with his conduct there's definitely a chance.

If there was a conduct issue, which there may or may not be, then you donít wait to let him lose another football game before you handle it.  You would need to fire him when the conduct occurred or shortly thereafter.  It would be hard to go to court and argue a conduct issue when itís clear to everyone he was fired for losing.

PearlHarbor

• Senior
« Reply #207 on: November 09, 2019, 07:58:07 pm »

OP doesn't know 💩.  I imagine his a$$ is jealous about the amount of $hit that comes out of his mouth.

OP is always right. Hell, give him 24 hrs, and he'll hit every point on the circle.

RGRHog

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #208 on: November 09, 2019, 07:58:27 pm »

Says the new guy who can't give anything to this forum but can bash others who rry to give.
Wow, you are exactly right.  You are the old timer with you 300 and something post.  You are the expert and the rest of us are suppose to just shut up.  Reading comprehension is really cool and you should try it.  I am just saying that things change often in business, but you probably wouldn't know a damn thing about anything outside of your trailer.

PigInTheHole

• Varsity
  • love that helmet
« Reply #209 on: November 09, 2019, 07:59:20 pm »

Donít doubt this, but, to me , itís crazy to tell a guy heís safe before heís about to walk across a minefield.

This is standard procedure.

Justagp

• Senior
« Reply #210 on: November 09, 2019, 07:59:47 pm »

Told yesterday he was safe.....

Then Hunter pulled his card.

Word is Morris is legit melting down.

Announcement tomorrow.

PRJ
Explain to me how anyone could tell Morris he was safe after the debacle with SJS then Miss State. Do these people have more money than sense? Quite frankly I was surprised he was permitted to coach this game - the man has no earthly idea what he is doing.

Muleriderhog

• Hogvillian
  • For the love of God, please hire Drinkwitz
« Reply #211 on: November 09, 2019, 08:02:08 pm »

Explain to me how anyone could tell Morris he was safe after the debacle with SJS then Miss State. Do these people have more money than sense? Quite frankly I was surprised he was permitted to coach this game - the man has no earthly idea what he is doing.
People are always told they are safe, up until the second they are fired.

Boardon Hamsay

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Eponymous Keeper of the War Damn Mockingbird Unis
« Reply #212 on: November 09, 2019, 08:02:51 pm »

no one said Hunter told him he was safe

my guess is some drunken fatcat told him that

Iím not so sure we can blame drunkenness on some of the money faction stupidity.  Iíd characterize it as sober, seven digit income, single digit football IQ folk that feel like they deserve a say all of a sudden. Iím aligned with the drunk ones Iíve talked to.

jkstock04

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #213 on: November 09, 2019, 08:03:19 pm »

Nobody up there thought we were gonna get beat today.

Nobody.

Think the players had something to say about Chad after the game....

They said it to Hunter.

PRJ
This is what I've been saying all along...these people telling you he was getting another year had in their minds we were gonna win a game or two to finish the year. That blind faith "because thats the way it's supposed to go" BS.

Problem is Hog fans..all the way from upper echelon who make decisions/connected to trailer trash have one thing in common....eternal optimists. Always assume everything is going to work out rosy in the end regardless.

It's just wild to me that people couldn't see this as a serious possibility...but I 100% believe this scenario.

chortle

• A little Sooie now and then...
« Reply #214 on: November 09, 2019, 08:04:18 pm »

There is just no reason for him to do that. No one would make more than 50% return over 5 years investing themselves with 0 risk. The risk free rate is like 2-4%.

And he's been getting paid plenty of money as is that he doesn't need money today. The more money you have, the lower your discount rate (ie the less valuable money is to you today).

Hmmm. Someone showing of what they learned in their finance class this week.

dmaxfan

• Varsity
« Reply #215 on: November 09, 2019, 08:05:52 pm »

Wow, you are exactly right.  You are the old timer with you 300 and something post.  You are the expert and the rest of us are suppose to just shut up.  Reading comprehension is really cool and you should try it.  I am just saying that things change often in business, but you probably wouldn't know a damn thing about anything outside of your trailer.
Where in my post did I say I was an expert? I'm trying to figure out why everyone keeps trying to shoot the messengers. Neither you nor I have given this forum anymore than the people you are bashing.

thebignasty

• This one goes to 11.
« Reply #216 on: November 09, 2019, 08:07:13 pm »

Iím not so sure we can blame drunkenness on some of the money faction stupidity.  Iíd characterize it as sober, seven digit income, single digit football IQ folk that feel like they deserve a say all of a sudden. Iím aligned with the drunk ones Iíve talked to.

I think the fallout is that folks are going to find that the reported toxic locker room issues he inherited never went away- and he never found the team.

And I think its been worse than folks realize.

Sivad

« Reply #217 on: November 09, 2019, 08:07:56 pm »

Told yesterday he was safe.....

Then Hunter pulled his card.

Word is Morris is legit melting down.

Announcement tomorrow.

PRJ
Get the straightjacket ready for that lunatic Morris. He wonít be able to handle it.

dmaxfan

• Varsity
« Reply #218 on: November 09, 2019, 08:09:10 pm »

I think the fallout is that folks are going to find that the reported toxic locker room issues he inherited never went away- and he never found the team.

And I think its been worse than folks realize.

I've read and heard the same thing and it's evident on the field.

Rudy Baylor

• Naked STP Girl loves Sam Pittman
« Reply #219 on: November 09, 2019, 08:12:34 pm »

And the bottles with poppeth as the prophecy was foretold.  The seers just got it wrong by 2 years.

RGRHog

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #220 on: November 09, 2019, 08:12:59 pm »

Are you off your meds? Where did I ever disagree with this?
What I stated was prj was told what he told us then I was questioning on why people are mad at him for giving an update that the program changed their minds when prj has nothing to do with the program's decisions. All he's doing is being the messenger and people are trying to send him to the firing squad.
I ain't mad bro.  i don't take meds bro. PRJ may not have any REAL insight into what is really happening with the new regime in place.  That is probably a hard concept for you to understand.  I don't have any problem with you or PRJ.  Dude we suck really, really bad.  That changes things.   

thebignasty

• This one goes to 11.
« Reply #221 on: November 09, 2019, 08:13:34 pm »

Not to make excuses here, because its the dudes job to figure this stuff out and he failed miserably, but as a post mortem, a few considerations:

-there were locker room issues at the end of Bielema, but he was still fairly popular among the players
-the way his exit went down was tough on the kids
-Morris did not ingratiate himself when he took over a team that wasn't feeling particularly receptive anyway. Either misread the room, or stupid. 

jrulz83

• Lenin lived, Lenin lives, Lenin will live forever!
« Reply #222 on: November 09, 2019, 08:14:55 pm »

Not to make excuses here, because its the dudes job to figure this stuff out and he failed miserably, but as a post mortem, a few considerations:

-there were locker room issues at the end of Bielema, but he was still fairly popular among the players
-Morris did not ingratiate himself when he took over a team that wasn't feeling particularly receptive anyway. Either misread the room, or stupid.

Stupid

Justagp

• Senior
« Reply #223 on: November 09, 2019, 08:15:44 pm »

Nobody.

They said it to Hunter.

PRJ
With our record, no one thought we would get beat. Really?

Hogs-n-Roses

• Coming to a Stadium Near You!
« Reply #224 on: November 09, 2019, 08:15:52 pm »

Whats happening up in here? Doubt something that was a probably yesterday could change over night with a blowout at home to a non-P5 school? What if, a large contingent of good football players told the AD or got word to him that "They Gone". You think it can't get any worse, wrong. We have the nucleus of a team that with the proper leadership could win 5-6 games next year. We don't have to go any lower. It may take 4-5 years before we're competitive with most SEC teams but we don't have to go O fer every year. Folks saw today that there was no hope. the 1 cat was brought on board and here we are. Thank you to the others with inside info. Keep posting it.

Rudy Baylor

« Reply #225 on: November 09, 2019, 08:17:34 pm »

Get the straightjacket ready for that lunatic Morris. He wonít be able to handle it.

underrated post

snoblind

« Reply #226 on: November 09, 2019, 08:19:05 pm »

woo.pig

• Senior
« Reply #227 on: November 09, 2019, 08:20:12 pm »

Just watched the post-game press conference. There is no doubt in my mind he thought he was safe.

razorbrass

• You stay classy, Hogville!
« Reply #228 on: November 09, 2019, 08:23:44 pm »

Does South Carolina beat us to the punch and dump Boom after tonightís game?

EconHawg

« Reply #229 on: November 09, 2019, 08:25:55 pm »

Bird signs?!

Ironically enough I watched that movie just last night.

TNRazorbacker

« Reply #230 on: November 09, 2019, 08:26:04 pm »

Nobody.

They said it to Hunter.

PRJ

NOBODY?? thought they were going to get beat today? 

Nobody? Seriously?

Have they been watching the same team we have?  When I hear this and know the same blind arse people will be pulling the strings on the next hire I have absolutely no confidence a good decision is going to be made.  None.

Unbelievable.

ThisTeetsTaken

• He is not here, for He has risen, just as He said
« Reply #231 on: November 09, 2019, 08:26:41 pm »

The thought that TPTB would consider beating WKU is worthy of him keeping hos job is sickening.   

RGRHog

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #232 on: November 09, 2019, 08:27:10 pm »

I ain't mad bro.  i don't take meds bro. PRJ may not have any REAL insight into what is really happening with the new regime in place.  That is probably a hard concept for you to understand.  I don't have any problem with you or PRJ.  Dude we suck really, really bad.  That changes things.   
So, the source didn't think we MIGHT lose to WKU?  Really?  I understand you fanatical retardism.  But, we are a really bad coached team and if people in power can't see that yesterday then maybe they need to be replaced too. 

Arkansas Fan

« Reply #233 on: November 09, 2019, 08:27:36 pm »

Can anyone go into more detail about this "breakdown" Morris is said to have had?

TebowHater

• DMAC > teBLOW
« Reply #234 on: November 09, 2019, 08:29:07 pm »

Can anyone go into more detail about this "breakdown" Morris is said to have had?

Curious as well. Seems a bit hyperbolic and haven't heard anything about it.

hoglady

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #235 on: November 09, 2019, 08:31:37 pm »

I heard he came in pretty arrogant, somewhat disrespectful and the players just got a BS vibe from him.
Was told he handled the situation pretty bad from the start and the players felt he came in with the intent of clearing them out.

haystack

• Bench Warmer
  • #WPS and stuff
« Reply #236 on: November 09, 2019, 08:32:29 pm »

You got to remember. 5 MM to you or me is not the same as someone who has been a millionaire and living like one. A settlement only benefits the UofA
I don't think that's completely true. I know I'll sound crazy here, but I think he's got to show potential future employers that he's reasonable. It's obvious he wasn't getting it done. Everyone knows this, including him. If he takes a negotiated buyout, it makes him appear reasonable to future employees, and he might not be seen as big of a risk as he will otherwise seem.

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Eric Musselman!
« Reply #237 on: November 09, 2019, 08:32:49 pm »

Donít doubt this, but, to me , itís crazy to tell a guy heís safe before heís about to walk across a minefield.
You're safe, but watch your step...

RGRHog

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #238 on: November 09, 2019, 08:33:21 pm »

Where in my post did I say I was an expert? I'm trying to figure out why everyone keeps trying to shoot the messengers. Neither you nor I have given this forum anymore than the people you are bashing.
  Sorry I quoted myself.

So, the source didn't think we MIGHT lose to WKU?  Really?  I understand you fanatical retardism.  But, we are a really bad coached team and if people in power can't see that yesterday then maybe they need to be replaced too.

jkstock04

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #239 on: November 09, 2019, 08:33:22 pm »

NOBODY?? thought they were going to get beat today? 

Nobody? Seriously?

Have they been watching the same team we have?  When I hear this and know the same blind arse people will be pulling the strings on the next hire I have absolutely no confidence a good decision is going to be made.  None.

Unbelievable.
THIS times ten million. This is why we are where we are.

Not only does Chad Morris need to go...but basically everyone who has been involved in upper level admin/decisions for the past 8-10 years need to be kicked the **** to the curb. And I mean that from the bottom of my heart. These people live in a fantasy world.

SooieGeneris

• Put On The Ol' Feedbag Boys, 270 lbers are passe!
« Reply #240 on: November 09, 2019, 08:35:32 pm »

Some people just don't "get it." Regardless of how much it costs or how much less it might cost after Jan. 1 or Jan. 1 2021, desperate times call for desperate measures.

When you lose to a C-USA team with a 5-4 record coming in and a 2 game losing streak who has a season high of 28 points in an ENTIRE game and they ring you up for 35 in the FIRST HALF, ALL BETS ARE OFF!!!!

Forget the fact that WKU LOST TO UCA and were QBed by a guy the HC deemed expendable and all but packed his bags for him..

Regardless of the buyout, regardless of who told who what when, those are deal breakers!

PRJ has brought a lot of info to this board over the years. Some accurate, some not as much, but the fact is, especially when it comes to a multi-million dollar entity, things can change in the blink of an eye.

Therefore, info that may be accurate as of one moment may be BS in a flash. Or seem like BS due to how volatile a situation is. Things can change that fast.

In the old show Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, you could answer every question correctly without even having to use any of your 3 bailouts. Sorry, I don't remember what they were called.

I DO recall that if you didn't fold and take the amount you had and chose to risk another question and got it wrong... you were screwed.

You could wrap up a big sale with a customer and shake on it. Then you go to their home to sign the papers. Let's say you then climbed up on the dinner table and exposed yourself or took a dump on the dinner table. Do you REALLY think that the customer won't "change their mind?"

That is in effect what Chadwick did today regardless of what was said yesterday or 6 months ago or when he was hired.

When you are 2-20 vs FBS teams, 2 of his 4 wins were vs FCS E. ILL. and Portland St, you had the worst season in school history last season and are a good bet to tie that record this season, you damn well better beat a middle of the pack C-USA team no matter who their QB is!!!

Hanging Chad had NO MARGIN for error with any more such defeats and he couldn't even field a competitive team, not even for a HALF vs a team that lost to UCA!

You could combine all the football budgets at the other state schools and they wouldn't equal ours. The coach makes $4 mil a year, we are in the 2nd year of a big stadium expansion of suites and club seats and you have the 3rd best program in the state?

UCA beat WKU! Do some of you not get that? We were punked at home by a team that lost to UCA. Oh, a coach in his 2nd year needs time to get his guys? The coach at WKU is in his FIRST SEASON! The QB is in his FIRST season there!

Had we been competitive today, IMO Morris would have had a chance to come back in spite of everything even though he doesn't deserve another year.

Down 35-7 at half vs a C-USA team with a 5-4 record and a loss to UCA CHANGES EVERYTHING. I have no doubt there were some big muckety-mucks who as of 11:00 AM this morning to noonish were leaning or committed to giving Morris another season.

After that "performance" no PTB minds are likely to change? Don't shoot the messenger whether it's PRJ or whoever. The message changed today!

Bruce Feldman, Dan Wolken and other influential CFB media members were on twitter talking about how terrible we looked and saying things like Morris was possibly the worst SEC coach ever.. It's not easy to cut a guy loose after 2 seasons, but consider the alternative.

Bringing Morris back in 2020 would just set us back even further as the guy has proven he is out of his depth. The hole would get that much deeper for the next coach. How could anyone justify bringing him back after this debacle? The guy now owns 3-4 losses that are among the 5 worst in the history of the program.

Things change and regardless of how bad most of us felt about this staff before today, some going back to Sept. 2018, it sometimes takes hitting rock bottom for some to see how low we have sunk.

Men like Jerruh are stubborn and Morris was their boy. It hurts their pride to have to admit they were wrong to hire this guy in the 1st place. There were better options then but we can't climb in the DeLorean and undo that, just move on and do better this time. MUCH better hopefully.

HoggieStyle

« Reply #241 on: November 09, 2019, 08:37:22 pm »

THIS times ten million. This is why we are where we are.

Not only does Chad Morris need to go...but basically everyone who has been involved in upper level admin/decisions for the past 8-10 years need to be kicked the **** to the curb. And I mean that from the bottom of my heart. These people live in a fantasy world.

That's a bingo.

tophawg19

• Gold Hogvillian
  • She thinks my hawgs are sexy
« Reply #242 on: November 09, 2019, 08:39:25 pm »

There isn't always a Damn Link to post . You really think the texts between people comes with a link? how the hell do you post a link to a phone call. A lot depends on what the players said to HY

RGRHog

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #243 on: November 09, 2019, 08:41:16 pm »

Nobody.

They said it to Hunter.

PRJ
What would lead anyone to think that we would walk away with this game.  LV said it was a 2 point game.  Guess they missed that by just a little bit.  Nobody in  their right mind thought this was an easy win.  So, what were they thinking?

Hawgphat

« Reply #244 on: November 09, 2019, 08:43:10 pm »

I will be lambasted and roasted for this post, but I don't care.  I truly feel sorry for Chad Morris, if reports of his  extreme emotional distress are indeed factual.  I want him gone from our program; he has been a complete disaster at the helm of The Razorbacks. - - But I certainly would take no joy in a mental breakdown on his part.  I am not sadistically turned, and I would consider that personal tragedy to poignantly top off an extremely sad period in Arkansas Razorbacks history.

I wish him gone; - - - but I do not wish him ill.

tophawg19

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #245 on: November 09, 2019, 08:43:23 pm »

which Booster was at the game with family playing and not named Lindsey

tophawg19

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #246 on: November 09, 2019, 08:45:10 pm »

you got the money to be the one to replace them? money brings power

tophawg19

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #247 on: November 09, 2019, 08:50:58 pm »

keep this in mind UCA has bragging rights over Arkansas . Yes UCA . And the national Medis is making jokes and feeling sorry for the hogs

Rudy Baylor

« Reply #248 on: November 09, 2019, 08:51:20 pm »

I heard he came in pretty arrogant, somewhat disrespectful and the players just got a BS vibe from him.
Was told he handled the situation pretty bad from the start and the players felt he came in with the intent of clearing them out.

yep, he walked in with "TEXAS" printed in big letters on his dork chest, and he'd never even played any sport even at a small college

big TEXAS man

he's gonna tell these D1 players how it is back on the ranch where he learned how to dance like Goober from Andy Griffin

hoglady

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #249 on: November 09, 2019, 08:51:53 pm »

I will be lambasted and roasted for this post, but I don't care.  I truly feel sorry for Chad Morris, if reports of his  extreme emotional distress are indeed factual.  I want him gone from our program; he has been a complete disaster at the helm of The Razorbacks. - - But I certainly would take no joy in a mental breakdown on his part.  I am not sadistically turned, and I would consider that personal tragedy to poignantly top off an extremely sad period in Arkansas Razorbacks history.

I wish him gone; - - - but I do not wish him ill.

I don't wish him ill, either.
But this is big boy SEC coaching.
I find it hard to believe with his record, lack of on field improvement and no butts in the seats - that he hadn't prepared for the possibility of being fired.
He and his family are financially secure for the rest of their lives / most people lose their jobs and don't have that golden parachute we are giving him.
He should get some perspective.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas