RB Sports Discussion > SEC Sports

Harvey Updyke calls in to Paul Finebaum’s show

(1/1)

jbcarol:

--- Quote ---“Paul, they’re only trees,” Updyke replied to some cheers from the Alabama fans attending the live taping of the show in Tuscaloosa. “I didn’t try to kill those crows that fly around. I didn’t try to kill LSU’s tiger.”

“Harvey, we’ve had this conversation privately, but we’re going to have it publically,” Finebaum responded. “You still don’t get it, do you?”

“It was supposed to be a joke,” Updyke replied. “I’m not as dumb as I look. I get it very much. I know exactly what’s going on.”

“You broke a lot of people’s hearts when you poisoned those trees. I don’t know that many Alabama fans, I don’t know frankly any Alabama fans that thought it was a good idea, either,” Finebaum responded.

--- End quote ---

jbcarol:
Finebaum explains how Harvey Updyke call got on-air, finally expresses regret

--- Quote ---“Paul, they’re only trees,” Updyke replied to some cheers from the Alabama fans attending the live taping of the show in Tuscaloosa. “I didn’t try to kill those crows that fly around. I didn’t try to kill LSU’s tiger.”

On Monday, Finebaum responded: “I just want to address that and then we’ll move on. Listen, we take phone calls here, we don’t often know what’s going on. When the tree poisoner called in, we didn’t know it was him until we were talking to him. I think if we had to do this over again, we probably would have moved on without any rancor. But he was on the air, he said some idiotic things, which I tried to point out and I personally regret having to subject some of our friends out there to listening to this raving idiot.”
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version
Mobile View