• 10,567,081 Posts
• 416,038 Topics
• 23,878 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Watch: "Ask Mike" Segment 11-4-19  (Read 777 times)

Jason Carroll

• Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
Re: Watch: "Ask Mike" Segment 11-4-19
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2019, 04:14:02 pm »

Great segment

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
  • RIP LILY, WE MISS YOU DEARLY
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2019, 04:48:33 pm »

great job.

hogbbq

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2019, 05:03:29 pm »

https://www.nwahomepage.com/sports/pig-trail-nation/ptns-ask-mike-segment-11-4-19/

Pretty good answers to some pretty good questions.
Only thing I would say I disagree with is his take on Morris' post game press conferences and and Morris' attitude and tone.  Of course I have thought Morris was smug, arrogant and aloof pretty much from the beginning.

Dr. Starcs

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Tell me what you don't like about yourself.
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2019, 05:11:00 pm »

Outstanding segment again.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 05:49:13 pm by Dr. Starcs »

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2019, 05:17:34 pm »

Outstanding as always Mike. I agree make the change now. Deal with any consequences down the road. That's what leaders do. They fire underperforming employees. They aren't afraid of unknowns in the future. They trust in their judgement to be able to move things forward when things are not what they should be. A leader is never paralyzed by fear. They may have some fear but they don't let it affect the obvious changes that have to be made. They know what their responsibilities are.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 05:37:58 pm by Inhogswetrust »

Snouty

• Hogvillian
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2019, 06:28:43 pm »

Thanks, Mikel  Appreciate your straight answers. 

I always believed the '77 Hogs were one of the best Razorback teams ever.  What they did to Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl was amazing.

HotlantaHog

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2019, 09:43:45 am »

This is excellent. Mike is terrific.

Mike Irwin

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2019, 03:25:47 pm »

Pretty good answers to some pretty good questions.
Only thing I would say I disagree with is his take on Morris' post game press conferences and and Morris' attitude and tone.  Of course I have thought Morris was smug, arrogant and aloof pretty much from the beginning.
Maybe he comes across like that on video but trust me, not in person. He's gotten asked tougher questions (for good reason) than any Hog coach I can remember and he's never appeared angry. I mean one member of the media (Internet) wrote a story claiming that he ran off O'Grady because O'Grady wanted Jefferson to start. It appears that story was false but Morris never said one word to the guy on Monday during that presser.

Petrino would have kicked his ass for that. Nutt would have pissed and moaned. Ford would have said something like, "Man you don't not know what you're talking about with that stuff. You need to get some facts." Bielema would have joked about it but made it clear he was pissed.

Look the dude is in over his head. His coaching is bad. But he's not a jerk.

seasonhog

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2019, 11:54:25 am »

Maybe he comes across like that on video but trust me, not in person. He's gotten asked tougher questions (for good reason) than any Hog coach I can remember and he's never appeared angry. I mean one member of the media (Internet) wrote a story claiming that he ran off O'Grady because O'Grady wanted Jefferson to start. It appears that story was false but Morris never said one word to the guy on Monday during that presser.

Petrino would have kicked his ass for that. Nutt would have pissed and moaned. Ford would have said something like, "Man you don't not know what you're talking about with that stuff. You need to get some facts." Bielema would have joked about it but made it clear he was pissed.

Look the dude is in over his head. His coaching is bad. But he's not a jerk.

Like,  'good guys finish last...'

wachhog

• Hogvillian
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2019, 06:51:23 pm »

When I tho I about it, I really can’t blame the GOBN for this particular hire that went w9ng. How galling it is to me —and must be to some of them—that we had Gus  on staff at the beginning of an epic change in football and—instead of allowing him to get us out in front of the pack, we let a sniveling Houston Nutt chase him and five-star Arkansas players away.They,Ike I, must have asked themselves a jillion tknesx, “What if?” So when the possibility of gettongv Gus—however late, however remote, to correct what now was obviously a huge wrong. My animus is reserved for the supporters of Houston Nutt,  the adversaries of Petrino and those who flew the banner over Razorback Road proclaiming “Jett Long for President!”

seasonhog

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2019, 11:58:48 am »

When I tho I about it, I really can’t blame the GOBN for this particular hire that went w9ng. How galling it is to me —and must be to some of them—that we had Gus  on staff at the beginning of an epic change in football and—instead of allowing him to get us out in front of the pack, we let a sniveling Houston Nutt chase him and five-star Arkansas players away.They,Ike I, must have asked themselves a jillion tknesx, “What if?” So when the possibility of gettongv Gus—however late, however remote, to correct what now was obviously a huge wrong. My animus is reserved for the supporters of Houston Nutt,  the adversaries of Petrino and those who flew the banner over Razorback Road proclaiming “Jett Long for President!”

When Frank let Nutt run off a 5-star QB and Gus, started the down-fall of this program...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas