• 10,678,995 Posts
• 418,412 Topics
• 24,560 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dearmon...  (Read 2384 times)

#1 STUNNA

Dearmon...
« on: October 29, 2019, 11:38:53 am »

Get him on campus somehow before he gets to good for us... perfect replacement for craddock... all he knows is touchdowns at every level....    https://kuathletics.com/coach/brent-dearmon/    https://247sports.com/college/kansas/LongFormArticle/Analysis-KU-football-has-found-a-star-in-offensive-coordinator-Brent-Dearmon-137594918/

#1 STUNNA

Re: Dearmon...
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 11:47:52 am »

Put 48 on Texas his first game... put 37 on tech his second game... trailed by a couple tds in each...

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Killean

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Chaos From Order
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 11:49:37 am »

Get him on campus somehow before he gets to good for us... perfect replacement for craddock... all he knows is touchdowns at every level....    https://kuathletics.com/coach/brent-dearmon/    https://247sports.com/college/kansas/LongFormArticle/Analysis-KU-football-has-found-a-star-in-offensive-coordinator-Brent-Dearmon-137594918/

Why we he move to a lesser program for the same job under a coach who has at maximum one remaining season?

wildturkey8

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2019, 11:50:48 am »

Why we he move to a lesser program for the same job under a coach who has at maximum one remaining season?
Arkansas is not a lesser program than Kansas.  You lose all credibility with that statement.

Wildhog

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2019, 11:51:42 am »

Arkansas is not a lesser program than Kansas.  You lose all credibility with that statement.

Although he might hold out for a better option.  Not like we're the only people that see what he's doing.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2019, 11:52:23 am »

because he isnít making any money at Kansas right now... and heís got the potential to be a really good head coach.

Killean

• Chaos From Order
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2019, 11:53:39 am »

Under our current boosters it is.  This isn't the 1960's.  Until those idiots figure that out we will not be better than Kansas. 

Head to head right now.. do you think that Arkansas and Chad Morris has a shot against Kansas and Les Miles?

wildturkey8

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2019, 11:53:42 am »

Although he might hold out for a better option.  Not like we're the only people that see what he's doing.
No but I thought the comparison was with KU.  I agree we would face stiff competition for his services not from KU though.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2019, 11:53:48 am »

gotta be the first to take a chance.

Hawginj

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2019, 11:55:15 am »

because he isnít making any money at Kansas right now... and heís got the potential to be a really good head coach.
why would he be hes only coached high school and div III. Lunney has way more experience than that

wildturkey8

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2019, 11:55:33 am »

Under our current boosters it is.  This isn't the 1960's.  Until those idiots figure that out we will not be better than Kansas. 

Head to head right now.. do you think that Arkansas and Chad Morris has a shot against Kansas and Les Miles?
We have historically been a better program than Kansas.  Our upside is much higher.  No it isn't the 60's and it is not the 50's, Jack Mitchell is not going leave Fayetteville for Lawrence again.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2019, 11:57:27 am »

why would he be hes only coached high school and div III. Lunney has way more experience than that
hes coached high school, D2, NAIA.. and now is putting up points at Kansas freaking university.. lmao

Hawginj

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2019, 12:03:29 pm »

hes coached high school, D2, NAIA.. and now is putting up points at Kansas freaking university.. lmao
they have put up points before they have beaten Texas recently lost by 7 last year. They are doing no better than the previous 5 years don't believe me take a look

Killean

• Chaos From Order
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2019, 12:03:41 pm »

We have historically been a better program than Kansas.  Our upside is much higher.  No it isn't the 60's and it is not the 50's, Jack Mitchell is not going leave Fayetteville for Lawrence again.

Yes, we have been.. but now we're being run by our boosters.. and well.. we're setting records for failure.

No Power 5 football team has gone longer without a win against another Power 5 football team (October 28, 2017).  We're in the midst of a 16 game conference losing streak.  The SEC record is 23.

The Arkansas single coach Conference losing streak record is 13, held by Bret Bielema and Chad Morris.  If Chad loses this weekend he'll be the sole owner of that streak.  He's got an easier time of it.. facing a terrible Miss St. team instead of a ranked LSU team like Bret.

No Arkansas coach has ever failed to post at least a .500 record in their first two season.   Chad's next loss guarantees he won't.

No Arkansas coach until Chad lost 10 games in a season.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2019, 12:05:01 pm »

they have put up points before they have beaten Texas recently lost by 7 last year. They are doing no better than the previous 5 years don't believe me take a look
they averaged 22 points a game before Dearmon... they scored 7 points against coastal Carolina lmao.. what are you talking about... 42 ppg since a heís taken over...

Ironhawg

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2019, 12:11:04 pm »

Yes, we have been.. but now we're being run by our boosters.. and well.. we're setting records for failure.

No Power 5 football team has gone longer without a win against another Power 5 football team (October 28, 2017).  We're in the midst of a 16 game conference losing streak.  The SEC record is 23.

The Arkansas single coach Conference losing streak record is 13, held by Bret Bielema and Chad Morris.  If Chad loses this weekend he'll be the sole owner of that streak.  He's got an easier time of it.. facing a terrible Miss St. team instead of a ranked LSU team like Bret.

No Arkansas coach has ever failed to post at least a .500 record in their first two season.   Chad's next loss guarantees he won't.

No Arkansas coach until Chad lost 10 games in a season.

If this data isn't frightening enough, I am beginning to greatly fear that despite the historic level of losing, Chad is going to get year 3. 

Hawginj

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2019, 12:14:17 pm »

they averaged 22 points a game before Dearmon... they scored 7 points against coastal Carolina lmao.. what are you talking about... 42 ppg since a heís taken over...
they averaged more than 22 pts a game over the past 5 years. Let's see where the average is when  the season is over

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2019, 12:17:25 pm »

they averaged more than 22 pts a game over the past 5 years. Let's see where the average is when  the season is over
what does the past 5 years have to do with the current OC?? Kansas hasnít won more than 3 games in a season this decade...

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
    • Missing your favorite thread?  It's probably in Vents and Rumors
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2019, 12:20:46 pm »

Stop trying to save Chad's job with this assistant or that.  That time has passed. 

Here's a good compare and contrast. 

Nutt good 10 year run but needed to modernize his offense, focus on recruiting and overall program.  Could have done that except for his ego.

Morris, horrible from the jump and not much redeeming as a leader/coach.  It's not like he peaked out and just needs a refresh. He's an example of what happens when someone is hired to a position he has no business holding.  Why keep trying to make it work with this band-aid or that. 

LRRandy

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2019, 12:21:43 pm »

Jeff Long is making things happen in Lawrence.

SeldomHere

• My all-time favorite gender.
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2019, 12:26:17 pm »

Jeff Long is making things happen in Lawrence.

He did Snoop Dog that place up!!!

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2019, 12:26:30 pm »

Stop trying to save Chad's job with this assistant or that.  That time has passed. 

Here's a good compare and contrast. 

Nutt good 10 year run but needed to modernize his offense, focus on recruiting and overall program.  Could have done that except for his ego.

Morris, horrible from the jump and not much redeeming as a leader/coach.  It's not like he peaked out and just needs a refresh. He's an example of what happens when someone is hired to a position he has no business holding.  Why keep trying to make it work with this band-aid or that. 
who cares about Morris.. get the guy on staff one way or the other regardless... if morris stays or is gone...

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2019, 12:42:49 pm »

2009 is the last time KU has scored 35 points twice in big 12 play... Dearmon did it in his first 2 games... during that same time they have had 3 500 yard performances... itís now happened in back to back weeks.

Wildhog

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2019, 12:43:26 pm »

We might be able to get him as HC, lol.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2019, 12:47:38 pm »

We might be able to get him as HC, lol.
he wonít be at Kansas long..

SooieGeneris

• I'm Not From Missouri, But Don't Tell Me, Show Me
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2019, 12:55:10 pm »

And our current HC has more cred than that. He put up points at Clemson freaking University as OC. Yes, I realize OC is different than HC, but Morris has a heavy hand in this offense.

Everybody puts up points in the Little 12 conference. He's not going against SEC defenses. We could do better maybe and chemistry is important on a staff.

If Morris thought this guy was trying to get his job, I'm sure that would put a bit of a damper on things.

Wildhog

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2019, 12:58:20 pm »

And our current HC has more cred than that. He put up points at Clemson freaking University as OC. Yes, I realize OC is different than HC, but Morris has a heavy hand in this offense.

Everybody puts up points in the Little 12 conference. He's not going against SEC defenses. We could do better maybe and chemistry is important on a staff.

If Morris thought this guy was trying to get his job, I'm sure that would put a bit of a damper on things.

I'm not stumping for Dearmon, but putting up points at Kansas is way more impressive than putting up points at Clemson.

You could put up points at Clemson.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2019, 12:59:50 pm »

lets focus on putting points up against the blind and the deaf on our schedule first...big 12 isnít know for defense but would we put up 30 plus against texas or tech?

SeldomHere

• My all-time favorite gender.
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2019, 02:33:08 pm »

Not this staff, here the math has to add up.

Well, he could always send him to Tulsa if he got uncomfortable.

RedRock

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2019, 05:24:56 pm »

Does it matter anymore? Settle in for another year

jj202020

« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2019, 08:56:48 pm »

Stunnaósome people canít think for themselves and just regurgitate what they hear on DriveTime.  They will never settle for anything less than Morrisí head, even if he is the best option, because they heard Jerry from Hognuts say so.  Itís laughable.  I totally get the frustration and Morris HAS done a terrible job, so faró-thatís undeniable.  I donít get why people canít understand that the UA is not a desirable job for an established head coach right now.  Itís not.  It can become one, but right now, our only option would be to take a morally questionable guy or find the right up and coming coordinatorówhich I think is exactly what you are saying.  Itís a legit thought and I donít get why some folks look down their noses at logic.

LumberBacks

« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2019, 08:59:48 pm »

We are with Chaggie bruh

jgphillips3

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Where are they now the little people of Stonehenge
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2019, 09:02:47 pm »

I remember how truly awful Les Milesí offenses were at LSU with ALL the talent in the world.  So, if a guy working for Les is lighting the world on fire anywhere, Iím down.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2019, 09:16:20 pm »

I remember how truly awful Les Milesí offenses were at LSU with ALL the talent in the world.  So, if a guy working for Les is lighting the world on fire anywhere, Iím down.
hes lit up scoreboards everywhere he has been. Also connections in Arkansas. And no i donít think we give him the time of day... but i like thinking outside the box every once in a while... and someone is gonna end up with a very good young offensive genius.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2019, 07:07:50 am »

Be interesting to see what kind of points Kansas can score in the next 4 games... they have Kansas state, Oklahoma state, Iowa state, and Baylor... all coached by guys that most on here have mentioned about loving to have as our head coach...

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2019, 09:23:31 am »

Stunnaósome people canít think for themselves and just regurgitate what they hear on DriveTime.  They will never settle for anything less than Morrisí head, even if he is the best option, because they heard Jerry from Hognuts say so.  Itís laughable.  I totally get the frustration and Morris HAS done a terrible job, so faró-thatís undeniable.  I donít get why people canít understand that the UA is not a desirable job for an established head coach right now.  Itís not.  It can become one, but right now, our only option would be to take a morally questionable guy or find the right up and coming coordinatorówhich I think is exactly what you are saying.  Itís a legit thought and I donít get why some folks look down their noses at logic.
yep... funny most think we are gonna get an established winner...lmao

Rocket23

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2019, 11:30:14 am »

He was also OC at Arkansas Tech. 

Lunney might be a good OC, who knows.  But I donít understand all the love for him, is it just because he is from Arkansas and been a long-time assistant here.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2019, 11:52:25 am »

He was also OC at Arkansas Tech. 

Lunney might be a good OC, who knows.  But I donít understand all the love for him, is it just because he is from Arkansas and been a long-time assistant here.
His girst year at tech... they had a 360% increase in offensive yardage... they guy knows offense.

The Kig

• Hogville Heroes
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2019, 12:08:00 pm »

Ummmm.... NM.  Keep your head firmly planted in the past. 

hvsupastar

« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2019, 12:16:37 pm »

He wrote a book

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2019, 01:20:57 pm »

He wrote a book
Maybe Morris should read it.

justin2000m80

« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2019, 02:11:18 pm »

They donít play much defense in the Big12. But neither does Arkansas.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2019, 02:22:20 pm »

They donít play much defense in the Big12. But neither does Arkansas.
still gotta score points... if you can score 48 on Texas... he should at least not have any issues scoring points against our cupcakes... and hes scored points everywhere he has been.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2019, 02:43:53 pm »

Arkansas is not a lesser program. We just have a lesser coach right now than they do.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2019, 12:29:36 pm »

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2019, 09:21:57 am »

https://twitter.com/jifhawk/status/1190256969220796416?s=21 wish we had someone on our staff with this kind of fire and energy..

Hawginj

« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2019, 06:26:56 pm »

10pts against KSt. Wow offensive innovation!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas