General Sports Discussion > NFL Board

Anyone watching Chiefs?

(1/1)

BeaverHog:
Can we post about the chiefs here?  If we can, dumb play call to have a qb like Mahomes with an ankle injury to rush it on 4th and 1 inside the 10.

farmhawg:
More crap.

BeaverHog:

--- Quote from: farmhawg on October 17, 2019, 08:50:57 pm ---More crap.

--- End quote ---
Sorry?

PigPusher:
That's okay. But, there is a forum for sports posting that are not Razorback posts. And your post is not crap.

SeldomHere:

--- Quote from: BeaverHog on October 17, 2019, 08:47:07 pm ---Can we post about the chiefs here?  If we can, dumb play call to have a qb like Mahomes with an ankle injury to rush it on 4th and 1 inside the 10.

--- End quote ---
They will send you to the NFL board.
I agree with your assessment, but I am one of the dreaded Patriots fan starting from 1975. Not a bandwagon fan, been though some rough stretches and that first Super Bowl was a beat down of epic proportion.

BeaverHog:

--- Quote from: PigPusher on October 17, 2019, 09:10:01 pm ---That's okay. But, there is a forum for sports posting that are not Razorback posts. And your post is not crap.

--- End quote ---

Gotcha. Thanks.

BeaverHog:

--- Quote from: SeldomHere on October 17, 2019, 09:11:48 pm ---They will send you to the NFL board.
I agree with your assessment, but I am one of the dreaded Patriots fan starting from 1975. Not a bandwagon fan, been though some rough stretches and that first Super Bowl was a beat down of epic proportion.

--- End quote ---

Funny and sad the more the hogs have sucked the more Iíve gotten into the nfl and watching chiefs.  I am a bandwagon fan.

razCzar:

--- Quote from: BeaverHog on October 17, 2019, 09:17:14 pm ---Funny and sad the more the hogs have sucked the more Iíve gotten into the nfl and watching chiefs.  I am a bandwagon fan.

--- End quote ---
Yeah, lately I'm feeling the same way about KC.  Easy team to like - with that stout defense and Mahommes at the helm.  Hope the knee doesn't knock him out for the season.

hogsanity:
There is a reason that Brady has only been injured enough to not play once, and that was on a hit that never should have happened almost a decade ago. The Pats do not ask Brady to be a running back. Mahomes will be lucky to have a 7 yr career if he keeps taking hits.

k.c.hawg:

--- Quote from: hogsanity on October 18, 2019, 01:08:56 pm ---There is a reason that Brady has only been injured enough to not play once, and that was on a hit that never should have happened almost a decade ago. The Pats do not ask Brady to be a running back. Mahomes will be lucky to have a 7 yr career if he keeps taking hits.

--- End quote ---

Tom Brady has run more QB sneaks than any other team in the NFL during his tenure. They have a 91.3% rate of picking up first downs on 3rd or 4th and short....almost 30% higher than other plays they run on 3rd or 4th and short. Brady actually had 7 carries in his last game. Mahomes rarely is "asked" to run the ball, he runs to extend plays, he runs to get outside of a pocket collapsing, he will run to the boundry when he can pick up first downs. The Chiefs actually have tried to get him to avoid running the ball when possible. Currently thru 6 games Mahomes has 3 more carries than Brady, last year Brady at 41 years old had 23 rushing attempts, Mahomes at 23 had 60. I don't think that points to KC making for a short career for Mahomes.

hogsanity:

--- Quote from: k.c.hawg on October 21, 2019, 10:11:49 am ---Tom Brady has run more QB sneaks than any other team in the NFL during his tenure. They have a 91.3% rate of picking up first downs on 3rd or 4th and short....almost 30% higher than other plays they run on 3rd or 4th and short. Brady actually had 7 carries in his last game. Mahomes rarely is "asked" to run the ball, he runs to extend plays, he runs to get outside of a pocket collapsing, he will run to the boundry when he can pick up first downs. The Chiefs actually have tried to get him to avoid running the ball when possible. Currently thru 6 games Mahomes has 3 more carries than Brady, last year Brady at 41 years old had 23 rushing attempts, Mahomes at 23 had 60. I don't think that points to KC making for a short career for Mahomes.

--- End quote ---

What type of runs were they? Qb sneaks where he is not getting hit by guys running full speed, not making cuts and not having his legs taken out. Most of TB runs are the Tebow type snap and lean into the line.

EastexHawg:
There is no play that puts more strain on a QB's ankle than trying to push for yardage on a sneak.  That's not the part of his leg, or even the same leg that got hurt, but it was still a dumb play call.

EastexHawg:
I can't believe there is a possibility that Mahomes might play against the Packers.  While I think it is pretty much a foregone conclusion that the Chiefs will lose the game if Mahomes doesn't play, that has to be weighed against the possibility that he gets hit again Sunday and is lost for a much longer time.  That said, I'm not a doctor and I don't know if the risk if dislocating the same kneecap will be any more or less if he plays Sunday or waits three weeks until after the bye.

The silver lining to sitting out for a while with the kneecap was that it might give his left ankle a chance to improve, too.

If you go 0-3 without Mahomes you're going into the last six at 5-5 and obviously in danger of missing the playoffs if you don't make a late season run.  Of course that depends on what the rest of the division does since winning the West gets you in no matter what your record is.

There's a lot to consider here.  I still can't comprehend how that dislocation could have happened without at least stretching ligaments.

EastexHawg:
Mahomes is out for at least this week against the Packers.  I'm glad.  If nothing else another week off might give his ankle a chance to improve.

#1 STUNNA:

--- Quote from: EastexHawg on October 25, 2019, 03:50:14 pm ---Mahomes is out for at least this week against the Packers.  I'm glad.  If nothing else another week off might give his ankle a chance to improve.

--- End quote ---
Bet hes back next weekend

RebelliousHog:
As bad as the KC defense is I'm not sure Mahomes would matter in the Packer game.

Pigsknuckles:
Most memorable play...Tyreek Hill clocked at 22.6 mph trying to provide block for Damien Williams 91 yard touchdown run. Man, that was a gear I have never seen before. Of course that was a different game...but still.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version
Mobile View