• 10,646,940 Posts
• 417,457 Topics
• 24,452 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]   Go Down

Author Topic: I saw Bobby  (Read 15778 times)

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Eric Musselman!
Re: I saw Bobby
« Reply #650 on: October 18, 2019, 08:08:26 am »

I don't remember this event.What were the circumstances?
Looks like he may have lost to Kentucky.

ricepig

« Reply #651 on: October 18, 2019, 08:12:56 am »

Looks like he may have lost to Kentucky.

Someone didn’t take kind to hearing FUMFer.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Eric Musselman!
« Reply #652 on: October 18, 2019, 08:14:51 am »

"Find Ur Mink Fur!"

Hog_Swanson

« Reply #653 on: October 18, 2019, 08:17:32 am »

She went to South Carolina with her finance and they were married the following February, oh by he way she received a financial agreement with the UofA.

https://larrybrownsports.com/gossip/jessica-dorrell-josh-morgan-married-bobby-petrino-scandal/211249
Love this.

Hog_Swanson

« Reply #654 on: October 18, 2019, 08:20:50 am »

I believe they crashed but I think Bobby had someone come up in his rearview and pull one of those Dale Earnhardt swipe jobs on him.

Got em loose...off the road, Bobby, dazed, confused, took a Alabama ass whupping. You know, one of those whuppings where they tell you with every punch, every drag, why exactly they are beating you...

If I was a betting man, I would say that's exactly how it went down.

PRJ
This is closer to the rumors I have always heard.

Blumpkin

« Reply #655 on: October 18, 2019, 08:53:03 am »

Chicks today want a guy who will read them poetry and cry with them watching lifetime channel stalker movies.

Bobby don't read Poetry.

PRJ

Or paint.

Hoggish1

« Reply #656 on: October 18, 2019, 08:55:16 am »

Bobby is advising somebody.

PRJ

Well, that's probably true but he should have advised himself first.

Hoggish1

« Reply #657 on: October 18, 2019, 08:59:15 am »

I believe they crashed but I think Bobby had someone come up in his rearview and pull one of those Dale Earnhardt swipe jobs on him.

Got em loose...off the road, Bobby, dazed, confused, took a Alabama ass whupping. You know, one of those whuppings where they tell you with every punch, every drag, why exactly they are beating you...

If I was a betting man, I would say that's exactly how it went down.

PRJ

You don't have to be a betting man to know that.  Just look at the photo.

Grizzlyfan

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #658 on: October 18, 2019, 09:00:01 am »

Our coaches did Starkel no favors that day by leaving him in and letting him continue to pass down the field.

Sometimes a coach should step in for a player's own good when they are having an off day.
They at least could have called only safe, short pass plays to settle him down.

It appears to have had a lingering affect in his confidence.
Morris did the same thing last year rolling Cole Kelly out in the 2nd half after a horrendous 1st half.  I can't remember the game.  Doesn't matter.  Then the booing started.  And of course the reaction to that is "don't boo the players".  No one at that game was booing Cole Kelly.  they were booing Chad Morris.  As a major college football coach you have to have enough self awareness to know when to get a guy off the field.

Hoggish1

« Reply #659 on: October 18, 2019, 09:01:28 am »

But we can always hope that if he hadn't of screwed up, maybe we were Bobby's Mexican home.

PRJ

The point is he WILL screw up.  It hasn't failed yet.

porque

« Reply #660 on: October 18, 2019, 09:57:06 am »

You don't have to be a betting man to know that.  Just look at the photo.

Always amazes me how many conspiracy theorists there are.  One of the smartest people I know doesn't think OJ did it. 

Ex-Trumpet

• Gold Hogvillian
  • When life gives you lemons, get a boob job!
« Reply #661 on: October 18, 2019, 10:01:36 am »

Always amazes me how many conspiracy theorists there are.  One of the smartest people I know doesn't think OJ did it. 

Well, exactly where WAS OJ when Bobby crashed?  He may be on to something...

The OTR

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Odell just threw his name into the hat.
« Reply #662 on: October 18, 2019, 10:44:00 am »

Intriguing thread title.

PRJ knows how to bring in the crowds during a coaching change.

When I saw this I thought hmmm...wonder what he saw Bobby doing?  Could have been any number of things.  In an effort to keep this thread alive why don't we finish the line for PRJ..things he could have said.

I'll start:

I saw Bobby....

kissing Santa Claus.

Better than someone on the volleyball team. 

Good work here, Jimmy.

oldman1015

« Reply #663 on: October 18, 2019, 12:24:16 pm »

Chicks today want a guy who will read them poetry and cry with them watching lifetime channel stalker movies.

Bobby don't read Poetry.

PRJ
Chicks love money. Ever seen a young hottie with an old broke guy?

SooieGeneris

• How low can we go? Give the GOBs more time!
« Reply #664 on: October 18, 2019, 01:00:24 pm »

When I first saw that pic, I thought that was Hugh Freeze wearing blue and I didn't think he had ever been at UK in any capacity.. The two could be "twins separated at birth."

I looked it up and it was the UK Director of Football Ops in 2014.. Dan Berezowitz and he is still there.

rogersvillemohog

« Reply #665 on: October 18, 2019, 01:07:03 pm »

"Find Ur Mink Fur!"

Underrated reply.

Everybody knows that Bobby was telling Les to find his mink fur that was gifted to him by Joe Namath.

Or was if "for you my friend?"

SooieGeneris

• How low can we go? Give the GOBs more time!
« Reply #666 on: October 18, 2019, 01:15:46 pm »

Can't really disagree with any of that.

Good post.

But we can always hope that if he hadn't of screwed up, maybe we were Bobby's Mexican home.

PRJ

Thanks, Jimmy. We don't always agree but I like to read your take on things and I think you're batting avg. on stuff Hog related is higher than most on here, way better than Pork's.

I hoped Bobby had found his home here, Mexican or otherwise and I was sick about what happened for days after April 1, 2012.

If he hadn't hired Pookie for that job over hundreds of more qualified applicants and lied about the whole thing, IMO he MIGHT have had that home.

People who are that brilliant at what they do often or usually have a flaw that they just can't overcome. They just can't help it or get out of their own way, they will screw up in a big way sooner or later..

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #667 on: October 18, 2019, 01:19:34 pm »

I just want to see what Petrino would do with KJ Jefferson running the Lamar Jackson/ Michael Vick playbook.

jgcat4

• Hogvillian
  • If you ain't first, you're last
« Reply #668 on: October 18, 2019, 01:22:52 pm »

I just want to see what Petrino would do with KJ Jefferson running the Lamar Jackson/ Michael Vick playbook.

Bro...that would be EPIC

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #669 on: October 18, 2019, 01:24:43 pm »

Bro...that would be EPIC
with all these WRs... yup!

alohawg

« Reply #670 on: October 18, 2019, 01:27:30 pm »

Most old guys are broke somewhere, but not necessarily poor.  ;)

rogersvillemohog

« Reply #671 on: October 18, 2019, 01:33:53 pm »

The way I look at things right now, Chad has a staff full of recruiters but nobody is the tactical genius type. I wouldn't mind bringing Bobby back and keeping a few of the recruiters on staff. Have something that looks like this:

HC - Petrino

OC/QB - Garrick McGee
WR - Justin Stepp (retained)
OL -  ??? Klenakis is probably out due to the DWI he got while at Louisville
RB - Jeff Traylor (retained)
TE - Tim Horton

I like Barry Lunney too, but I think I'd move him to an administrative position. I don't see anybody breaking down our door to go out and hire him away from us.

The only two who I'd even entertain retaining on the defensive staff would be Caldwell and MAYBE Mark Smith. Caldwell is a good coach and an ace recruiter. I don't know how good of a coach Smith actually is, but he's a pretty darned good recruiter.

You can't have all of one thing. You can't have a staff full of technicians who don't like to recruit and you can't have a staff full of recruiters who can't coach. A good staff finds balance in the two and preferably has coaches who are able to do both.

oldman1015

« Reply #672 on: October 18, 2019, 01:37:34 pm »

Most old guys are broke somewhere, but not necessarily poor.  ;)
Lol change it to poor then.

Ironhawg

« Reply #673 on: October 18, 2019, 01:38:29 pm »

The way I look at things right now, Chad has a staff full of recruiters but nobody is the tactical genius type. I wouldn't mind bringing Bobby back and keeping a few of the recruiters on staff. Have something that looks like this:

HC - Petrino

OC/QB - Garrick McGee
WR - Justin Stepp (retained)
OL -  ??? Klenakis is probably out due to the DWI he got while at Louisville
RB - Jeff Traylor (retained)
TE - Tim Horton

I like Barry Lunney too, but I think I'd move him to an administrative position. I don't see anybody breaking down our door to go out and hire him away from us.

The only two who I'd even entertain retaining on the defensive staff would be Caldwell and MAYBE Mark Smith. Caldwell is a good coach and an ace recruiter. I don't know how good of a coach Smith actually is, but he's a pretty darned good recruiter.

You can't have all of one thing. You can't have a staff full of technicians who don't like to recruit and you can't have a staff full of recruiters who can't coach. A good staff finds balance in the two and preferably has coaches who are able to do both.

I wonder if Bobby has learned that the defense can't just be the practice punching bag of his offense?

rogersvillemohog

« Reply #674 on: October 18, 2019, 01:46:26 pm »

I wonder if Bobby has learned that the defense can't just be the practice punching bag of his offense?

I hate to say it, but as bad as some of his defenses were at times, the defense under Petrino was about the most consistent we've been on that side of the ball in a long, long time. There were times that we all wished they had played better but I would gladly take Willy over Ash, Smith, Rhoads, and Chavis any day of the week.

jgphillips3

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Where are they now the little people of Stonehenge
« Reply #675 on: October 18, 2019, 01:48:30 pm »

I know Chavis D has not been spectacular this year, but, if you kept our entire defensive staff, brought BP in as head coach and he just got the placeholders to run his offense, we could be 6-6 next year and moving forward after that.  BP needs a “bend but don’t break” defense that gambles and creates turnovers.  If BP had these receivers and could coach up Starkel and KJ, he would straight up light up the scoreboard putting the D in much better position to get turnovers instead of always having to worry about our inept offense.

Ironhawg

« Reply #676 on: October 18, 2019, 01:50:24 pm »

I hate to say it, but as bad as some of his defenses were at times, the defense under Petrino was about the most consistent we've been on that side of the ball in a long, long time. There were times that we all wished they had played better but I would gladly take Willy over Ash, Smith, Rhoads, and Chavis any day of the week.

I'm not meaning to hate on Chavis because I know we have personnel shortcomings, but I really wonder if his defenses have kept up with the change in offensive tendencies?

Lady Razorback

« Reply #677 on: October 18, 2019, 01:56:02 pm »

Or paint.

Seriously, I would yak if a guy read poetry to me. Being a beastly coach however...hard to resist.

Lady Razorback

« Reply #678 on: October 18, 2019, 01:58:12 pm »

Ha! It’s not money, goof!

Lady Razorback

« Reply #679 on: October 18, 2019, 02:02:16 pm »

I know Chavis D has not been spectacular this year, but, if you kept our entire defensive staff, brought BP in as head coach and he just got the placeholders to run his offense, we could be 6-6 next year and moving forward after that.  BP needs a “bend but don’t break” defense that gambles and creates turnovers.  If BP had these receivers and could coach up Starkel and KJ, he would straight up light up the scoreboard putting the D in much better position to get turnovers instead of always having to worry about our inept offense.

This, I like.

HAWGBAWLZ

« Reply #680 on: October 18, 2019, 02:43:04 pm »

I don't remember this event.What were the circumstances?

A volleyball player

Sed76

« Reply #681 on: October 18, 2019, 02:56:27 pm »

The defense in the last game he coached at Arkansas was pretty darn good against Kansas State. A heck of a lot better than anything we have seen since 2014.

HenduHog

• Razorbacks: Hostile and mobile
« Reply #682 on: October 18, 2019, 03:20:20 pm »

The defense in the last game he coached at Arkansas was pretty darn good against Kansas State. A heck of a lot better than anything we have seen since 2014.

You're not wrong.

HenduHog

• Razorbacks: Hostile and mobile
« Reply #683 on: October 18, 2019, 03:20:39 pm »

I'm starting to be convinced.

ricepig

« Reply #684 on: October 18, 2019, 03:37:53 pm »

That he saw Bobby? Was he with Abraham, Martin, and John?

stronguard

• And remember, I said with all due respect.....
« Reply #685 on: October 18, 2019, 04:19:18 pm »

Intriguing thread title.

PRJ knows how to bring in the crowds during a coaching change.

When I saw this I thought hmmm...wonder what he saw Bobby doing?  Could have been any number of things.  In an effort to keep this thread alive why don't we finish the line for PRJ..things he could have said.

I'll start:

I saw Bobby....

kissing Santa Claus.

Better than someone on the volleyball team. 

Good work here, Jimmy.

I'll play your little game......

I saw Bobby riding a hog in the hills.  Or maybe it was riding a hog with hills.  Or was it riding the hills with a hog? 

Boardon Hamsay

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Eponymous Keeper of the War Damn Mockingbird Unis
« Reply #686 on: October 18, 2019, 04:31:53 pm »

She was working for one of the hospitals in FS, Sparks I think before it changed to Baptist. I don't know if she still is. She has been married/divorced at least once or twice since she was Hooty's main squeeze.

As far as Petrino, the longest he has EVER stayed in one place in his adult life if 4-5 years. Talk about a sucker bet, who in their right mind would bet he would still be here to be 6-0, 4-2 or any other record? This would be his 12th season!

The guy doesn't have the attention span or the political skills to stay in one job longer than 5 years. As for the excuse of Bobby Jr coming out as gay for the disastrous 2018 season, that happened in 2015. That must have been the classic delayed reaction.

The guy had his day. He was the best coach in his time here that we've had since Broyles. Or at least the best since Holtz, IMO. But I don't entertain the thought he would have been here all this time, that would be a total waste of time.

I have been known to do that, I'm here aren't I, but Bobby was a shooting star and those don't last until they move on.

I, like the rest of us, had no idea of the depths to which we would sink since, but the firing was justified even if the prig Jeff Long was the Judge, Jury and Executioner so to speak. He fired himself as far as I'm concerned and Long was just the messenger.

The mess we are in goes way deeper than the firing of BP. Jeff Long and his ham handed handling of the AD job. The hiring of Bert. Because of Long's PR gaffes the fan base has been split now for over a decade now.

Don't say there was no split in 2008-09. There was. Many fans still pined for their beloved Nutt and many maintained the ridiculous notion that Petrino wasn't Nutt's equal. I recall bumper stickers "Send Petrino Back To Atlanta" until the 2010 break through.

We still have people trying to reopen the GSD. It doesn't appear that Morris can pick up the pieces of this broken program, but it will not be restored just by going back to an old coach.

Good read. Can’t disagree with this. In my mind, this mess is the byproduct of our culture or perhaps better said, management style being ditch to ditch. What other way is there to describe going from Nutt to Petrino/Smile debacle to Bielema to Morris? Ditch to ditch operation enabled by over correcting. We don’t do well with the GOBN calling all the shots and we don’t do well with the AD calling all the shots.

You’d think by now we’d figure out that there has to be a hiring decision balance and collaboration between the AD and the small, completely unorganized factions of money folk that trip all over themselves while trying to win the pissing contest trophy to claim their guy was the guy that saved the program. Not us. If there’s a lesson to be learned, we hit the gas and speed right by that thing so we can get closer to that next ditch to plow into.

What sad is, it fits us quite well. We’re mainly a live in the past fan base or at best prisoner of the moment fan base. Still focused on hating Texas more than our current conference foes. Still doing the hokey second home stadium thing so that we can provide a travel subsidy to fans that require it for games they are willing to attend. Still entertaining going back to the ex even though he gave us an April Fools Day case of the crabs. We drive with eyes glued to the rear view mirror as opposed to looking forward through the windshield.

While this thread is quite entertaining, there is also something absolutely pathetic about its popularity. Say it’s due to the failure of the Morris era if it makes you feel better but truth is it fits our ditch to ditch management style and culture, which has been in place a lot longer than Morris.

PigPusher

• Global Moderator
  • Just another day as a Hog!!!
« Reply #687 on: October 18, 2019, 04:39:41 pm »

I understand completely.

My wife keeps asking why I insist on watching Arkansas get beaten every weekend.

I just tell her that I don’t like myself very much.

Tell her its a genetic bug that only exists in Arkansas and once it bites you there is no cure.

Großer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Two years of Chadwick and a Coaching Search......
« Reply #688 on: October 18, 2019, 04:51:27 pm »

Tell her its a genetic bug that only exists in Arkansas and once it bites you there is no cure.

I watch rugby to make up for it.

Don’t have a favorite team, I just watch them scrum and pitch and tackle.

pigbacon

• Hogvillian
« Reply #689 on: October 18, 2019, 09:12:31 pm »

Good read. Can’t disagree with this. In my mind, this mess is the byproduct of our culture or perhaps better said, management style being ditch to ditch. What other way is there to describe going from Nutt to Petrino/Smile debacle to Bielema to Morris? Ditch to ditch operation enabled by over correcting. We don’t do well with the GOBN calling all the shots and we don’t do well with the AD calling all the shots.

You’d think by now we’d figure out that there has to be a hiring decision balance and collaboration between the AD and the small, completely unorganized factions of money folk that trip all over themselves while trying to win the pissing contest trophy to claim their guy was the guy that saved the program. Not us. If there’s a lesson to be learned, we hit the gas and speed right by that thing so we can get closer to that next ditch to plow into.

What sad is, it fits us quite well. We’re mainly a live in the past fan base or at best prisoner of the moment fan base. Still focused on hating Texas more than our current conference foes. Still doing the hokey second home stadium thing so that we can provide a travel subsidy to fans that require it for games they are willing to attend. Still entertaining going back to the ex even though he gave us an April Fools Day case of the crabs. We drive with eyes glued to the rear view mirror as opposed to looking forward through the windshield.

While this thread is quite entertaining, there is also something absolutely pathetic about its popularity. Say it’s due to the failure of the Morris era if it makes you feel better but truth is it fits our ditch to ditch management style and culture, which has been in place a lot longer than Morris.

Consider this...going from Morris back to CBP wouldn’t be “ditch to ditch” per se, but more like “ditch to hammer lane” if we’re just considering the direction and structure of the talent on campus based on offensive philosophy.

SeldomHere

• My all-time favorite gender.
« Reply #690 on: October 18, 2019, 09:24:21 pm »

Of what? Hogville has a lot of fire sales going on right now.

SeldomHere

• My all-time favorite gender.
« Reply #691 on: October 18, 2019, 09:47:35 pm »

Bobby don't read Poetry.

PRJ

I disagree with this statement.

His Offensive Play book is the best Poetry Arkansas fans (mens and womens) have heard since Lou Holtz's veer offense.
I certainly miss hearing that Poetry in Motion being called.

razorjon

« Reply #692 on: October 19, 2019, 06:41:57 am »

I was hesitant to make a thread about it, but I’m curious if we would hold on to more players/recruits if CBP came in at the end of the season.  I feel like it would give a lot of guys some hope, especially those that liked going to school at UA...

DoubleReedHawgCaller

• That's nice.... Real nice!
« Reply #693 on: October 19, 2019, 09:07:46 am »

Gotta ask Jimmy, were y'all drinking piña colada at Trader Vic's?

RazorWhacker

« Reply #694 on: October 19, 2019, 09:14:15 am »

Gotta ask Jimmy, were y'all drinking piña colada at Trader Vic's?

I bet his hair was perfect.

ricepig

« Reply #695 on: October 19, 2019, 09:16:22 am »

I bet his hair was perfect.

You know JJ’s was!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas