• 10,756,141 Posts
• 420,241 Topics
• 24,694 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coaches make mistakes.  (Read 1742 times)

Piggfoot

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Hog Table top cooker
Coaches make mistakes.
« on: October 17, 2019, 11:14:43 pm »

Iím not talking about Morris . Iím talking about Stoops.
Bowden was no ordinary Wide Reciever but you guys keep up with your claims that Kentucky transformed a wide reciever overnight into a SEC quarterback.   https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/Article/Lynn-Bowden-Kentucky-football-quarterback-Randall-Cobb-wide-receiver-NFL-137077695/Amp/

razorjon

Re: Coaches make mistakes.
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 11:33:33 pm »

Bowden was no ordinary Wide Reciever but you guys keep up with your claims that Kentucky transformed a wide reciever overnight into a SEC quarterback.   https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/Article/Lynn-Bowden-Kentucky-football-quarterback-Randall-Cobb-wide-receiver-NFL-137077695/Amp/

U of A...? is that you?

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Formula Hog

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 11:47:47 pm »

Ok man..you're so right. It wasn't over night, It was less than 2 weeks. And considering he hadn't played QB in 3 seasons, and hadn't been in the QB room since he got to UK, You can call it overnight. And CCM/Chavis still didn't have the D ready to stop him.

But whatever fits your narrative to say it's not CCM's fault.

Rudy Baylor

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Naked STP Girl loves Sam Pittman
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2019, 11:52:35 pm »

We forget

We were a hail Mary away from being taken into overtime by lower tier 1AA Portland State

Body of work

HardCore

• Hogvillian
  • Was it good for you too, Leo?
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2019, 11:53:55 pm »

U of A...? is that you?

Probably the Athletic Departmentís Work-Study trolls. 

dayofthehawg1

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2019, 01:34:58 am »

Probably the Athletic Departmentís Work-Study trolls.

As ludicrous as that sounds...If a person doesnt think the BAC isnt putting feelers out, even on boards like these, you are wrong.  Most of the positive spin is hired hands.

HardCore

• Hogvillian
  • Was it good for you too, Leo?
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2019, 05:39:55 am »

As ludicrous as that sounds...If a person doesnt think the BAC isnt putting feelers out, even on boards like these, you are wrong.  Most of the positive spin is hired hands.

Heard about this through the Grapevine during Jeffreyís tenure at AD.

Dr. Starcs

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Tell me what you don't like about yourself.
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2019, 06:36:51 am »

Thanks for clarifying, Hunter. 🙄

Redhogs

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2019, 07:45:47 am »

Good grief...do you even understand what you are trying to justify?  So sad where we are as a program.....

Buff

• Gold Hogvillian
  • My avatar was the owner throwing the horns
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2019, 07:47:34 am »

Many posters should be banned from starting new threads.

Biggus Piggus

• Escaped Journalist
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • What does not kill you makes you almost dead.
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2019, 11:56:23 am »

Ok man..you're so right. It wasn't over night, It was less than 2 weeks. And considering he hadn't played QB in 3 seasons, and hadn't been in the QB room since he got to UK, You can call it overnight. And CCM/Chavis still didn't have the D ready to stop him.

ROFL

phadedhawg

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2019, 11:59:12 am »

I seriously doubt it.  I don't have proof but seems like a waste of effort to have folks post on message boards.  Why bother with that when the UA has Arkansas sportswriters to carry water for the University?  That is way more effective and has a further reach.   

007 License To Squeal

• Global Moderator
  • Fmr USAF Combat Crew Titan II Launch Crew Member
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2019, 12:03:03 pm »

All Chavis had to do was to stack the box and make that WR beat us with his arm........doesn't take a million dollar DC to know that.......

Tater3530

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2019, 12:07:50 pm »

All Chavis had to do was to stack the box and make that WR beat us with his arm........doesn't take a million dollar DC to know that.......

Ding Ding Ding !!!
This is the truth 100%

HogJamesHog

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2019, 12:14:59 pm »

Hahaha.  Agreed and to further your point if this guy was such a good QB, where are all the D1 offers to play QB.  Like he turned down an OSU offer to play QB, and instead deciding to switch positions so he could play WR at KY. Laughable at best.

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Eric Musselman!
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2019, 12:17:40 pm »

Hahaha.  Agreed and to further your point if this guy was such a good QB, where are all the D1 offers to play QB.  Like he turned down an OSU offer to play QB, and instead deciding to switch positions so he could play WR at KY. Laughable at best.
I don't remember, but didn't he start out 5 for 5 passing?  Granted, it was our defense...

code red

• You can't handle the truth!!!!!!
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2019, 12:22:02 pm »

LOL yep Bowden for Heisman.  Spin it.

code red

• You can't handle the truth!!!!!!
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2019, 12:26:31 pm »

I was sure this was a Bobby P thread....by the title.

Jim Harris

• Global Moderator
  • Bring me some DTs!
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2019, 12:38:26 pm »

He played quarterback late in the South Carolina loss and led them to their only touchdown.

Jim Harris

• Global Moderator
  • Bring me some DTs!
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2019, 12:42:05 pm »

He ran Bear Front often, he ran about 4 other different schemes to try and stop it. They couldn't stop it. They ran a spy on Bowden, the spy couldn't keep up or got blocked or took a bad angle. I've seen people cry about them not using McClure: McClure got in on five plays and his stat is one missed tackle. Two other players, a LB and a safety, combined to miss six tackles.

al_pigcino

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2019, 03:34:05 pm »

He ran Bear Front often, he ran about 4 other different schemes to try and stop it. They couldn't stop it. They ran a spy on Bowden, the spy couldn't keep up or got blocked or took a bad angle. I've seen people cry about them not using McClure: McClure got in on five plays and his stat is one missed tackle. Two other players, a LB and a safety, combined to miss six tackles.
Exactly.  "Stacking the box" is an old notion.  Can you imagine if we did an 8 man front and he broke containment or hit 2nd level?  We didn't have anyone to catch him from behind.  The bear defense did enough to put them in position but we didn't have the horses to corral Bowden.

LZH

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2019, 03:40:02 pm »

I don't remember, but didn't he start out 5 for 5 passing?  Granted, it was our defense...

And he fit it in some tight spots, too.  Were they 20+ yds?....no.  But he wasn't an untalented kid back there scared for his life, he was prepared.

We weren't.

Beaverfever

• Your site for Razorback news.
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2019, 04:01:59 pm »

Bowden is great but I wasnít floored by anything he did.  He was more efficient/durable  than electric.  Given the circumstances I was more impressed with his ability to be a serviceable passer than I was with his elusiveness or speed.  Stoops and his OC honestly just put on a coaching clinic considering the situation they were in.  Kentucky had no business winning that game.  John Chavis got humiliated.

High On Swine

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2019, 04:02:16 pm »

I would argue that the offense was more of the issue than the D last week. 24pts < offensive guru. Our so called offensive guru is not putting points on the board in the red zone. At least they are moving the ball slightly better than last year. But darn near last in red zone efficiency and time of possession do not help a d with little depth.

D made enough stops in the 1st half to be up 28 - 7 at halftime and made enough stops in the 3rd qtr. to be up 38-14. A team, run by an offensive genius/guru/hammerdown/leftlane, should 95% of the time score more than 24pts. And the QB should throw for more than 41 yards in 3 qtrs. What is this offensive scheme? Haven't seen it in 18 games. Still waiting.

PigPusher

• Global Moderator
  • Just another day as a Hog!!!
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2019, 04:24:35 pm »

Heard about this through the Grapevine during Jeffreyís tenure at AD.
[/quote
Agreed and posted the same thoughts. These, "All of a sudden" positive posts just have a different feel in reading and different way of countering the negative spin on Hogville. Could be I that since I have been posting here since 2003 that during that time you develop a feel for the atmosphere on the forums. In this case it was definitely had a different feel. Appears we have their attention and it obviously matters to them. Since they're looking I think I could say for us all that we love our hogs and wish no ill-will to any coach or administrator. We just want to win. If they can't accomplish that then they should expect to be replaced. And, and stop blowing blue smoke in or faces about why winning is not happening.

Ex-Trumpet

• Gold Hogvillian
  • When life gives you lemons, get a boob job!
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2019, 04:31:58 pm »

I am for hire...just putting that out there...

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
    • Missing your favorite thread?  It's probably in Vents and Rumors
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2019, 04:48:44 pm »

AD's and Jerruh Jones also make mistakes, unfortunately.....

SeldomHere

• My all-time favorite gender.
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2019, 10:51:19 pm »

And he fit it in some tight spots, too.  Were they 20+ yds?....no.  But he wasn't an untalented kid back there scared for his life, he was prepared.

We weren't.

Uh, when have we been?

SeldomHere

• My all-time favorite gender.
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2019, 10:53:07 pm »

I am for hire...just putting that out there...

Well, you do need the money for that boob job. But, really it's for all of us. Duckman should be able to advise as needed.

Hog The Bounty Hunter

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2019, 10:54:03 pm »

I completely agree. Sometimes you just need a ride on a good old hog. You may fall off. You may have to have some fisticuffs. But sometimes itíll knock you down. But we all mess up. Thanks UOfA for the reminder! Canít wait for some Bobby!

Hog The Bounty Hunter

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2019, 10:56:08 pm »

Also, can we schedule a home and home vs Kansas after we hire Bobby? That would be great!

LZH

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2019, 08:06:26 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas