• 10,637,499 Posts
• 417,258 Topics
• 24,432 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Arkansas Fans are cantankerous & narky better?  (Read 2125 times)

RAZORBACKER60

Arkansas Fans are cantankerous & narky better?
« on: October 16, 2019, 10:21:08 am »

All the “Chad Morris” should be fired folks are doing nothing but hurting the effort to rebuild this program.  Yes, the results are not what I wished for but the season is not over and neither is all the work. 

Do y’all realize we have had five head coaches since the 2007 season.  How many lost recruiting seasons we lost?  How many schemes have been changed?

I agree Chad Morris might be learning a bit on the job, and that's OK.  I admit perhaps there might need to be a few staff changes.  But scraping the whole thing at this point is wrong and will cause more lean years. 

The one thing that can turn this around is recruiting and in this day and age trust me every kid is reading these boards. 

Nobody wants to hear this but five years! 

Btw, I would not mind seeing a different quarterback.  Maybe a running QB. 

But let's be patient and help the effort not hurt it. 
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 02:06:16 pm by RAZORBACKER60 »

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
Re: Arkansas Fans are the worse
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 10:22:31 am »

Thanks Ms. Morris.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Hawginj

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 10:22:45 am »

He's gone get used to it. If he wanted to stay here should have spent more time doing his job.

Dark Helmet Hog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Now let's see how well you handle it...
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2019, 10:28:39 am »

worst vs worse

Grammar skills definitely rank low with some. Point not made.

Hogsmo Kramer

• Giddy Up and pass me a homebrew!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2019, 10:31:54 am »

5 years, yeah that’s a great idea..... :D

farmhawg

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2019, 10:32:11 am »

All the “Chad Morris” should be fired folks are doing nothing but hurting the effort to rebuild this program.  Yes, the results are not what I wished for but the season is not over and neither is all the work. 

Do y’all realize we have had five head coaches since the 2007 season.  How many lost recruiting seasons we lost?  How many schemes have been changed?

I agree Chad Morris might be learning a bit on the job, and that’s ok.  I admit perhaps there might need to be a few staff changes.  But scraping the whole thing at this point is wrong and will cause more lean years. 

The one thing that can turn this around is recruiting and in this day and age trust me every kid is reading these boards. 

But let’s be patient and help the effort not hurt it. 
If he was learning, I’m not convinced that he is so he needs to be fired today.

jkwhite1007

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2019, 10:34:23 am »

« Reply #1 on: Today at 10:22:31 am »

Thanks Ms. Morris.

Too funny! :)

mckinneyhog5

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2019, 10:38:42 am »

Well I guess the "fans" are just trying to mirror CM's coaching record.

mckinneyhog5

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2019, 10:39:55 am »

worst vs worse

Don't forget worsest
As in the is the worsest football season ever!

Razorback de Nosferatu

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2019, 10:40:42 am »

I agree Chad Morris might be learning a bit on the job, and that’s ok.  I admit perhaps there might need to be a few staff changes.  But scraping the whole thing at this point is wrong and will cause more lean years. 

Five coaches since 2007. Hmm. Well, one was an interim. So what's your point? Is that supposed to be an absurd or unique number?

Nutt was here for nearly a decade.
Petrino was here for four years and might've at least doubled that if not for the lying about hiring his mistress thing.
Bielema got five years, and now we have Morris.

Nothing about that is unusual in this climate. There were no catastrophic long-term recruiting issues. No coach listed there--except the current one, of course--needed more than a year or so to get enough roots planted to at least be competitive.

And I'm about tired of fans being blamed for running off recruits or setting the program back. We have a passionate fan base. That's a GOOD THING, and it goes both ways. If the results are historically crappy, fans will complain. To all involved, deal with it. If you can't handle a passionate and somewhat crazy fan base, go associate yourself with Lyon or Harding and stay far away from the SEC.

Frankly, Morris need not worry about fans scaring off recruits. He's doing a fine job of that himself.

jrulz83

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Lenin lived, Lenin lives, Lenin will live forever!
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2019, 10:40:58 am »

Worse vs worst:

“They might be used wrongly if you don’t know what they mean.”

https://www.differencebetween.com/difference-between-worse-and-vs-worst/

Rudy Baylor

• Striking fear into Hogville one bobble at a time
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2019, 10:41:36 am »

actually Georgia Bulldog fans are the worserest of the worsers

Seebs

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2019, 10:41:39 am »

This thread is the worser

code red

• You can't handle the truth!!!!!!
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2019, 10:42:02 am »

NEVER EVER NOT ONCE BEAT A POWER 5 TEAM AS A HC......EVER.  I don't blame Chad, he is just not good.  I blame whoever thought this was a good idea.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2019, 10:43:08 am »

Don't forget worsest
As in the is the worsest football season ever!

I would consider making season plural.............

zebradynasty

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2019, 10:46:34 am »

There would probably be more patience IF the team/program looked like it was improving. I'll admit that expecting a bowl in year two was ambitious but not out the question given the schedule. I do agree all the coaches we've been through the last decade + has made it difficult to establish a winning culture but you don't pay a coach $3.7/year and he need on the job training!

ComeonHogs!!!

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2019, 10:48:26 am »

Its the basic, SET the edge on def, control your gaps, make adj at half. do u truly see any of that happening? two weeks to get rdy for a RUNNING QB/WR and he runs for 196 yards! really? Are our players getting BETTER? Sorry i am not seeing improvement. I mean what are we hanging our hat on? i have no clue.

SemperFi

• Strongly despising the Morris Era!
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2019, 10:49:28 am »

The Mods must be leaving this one alone for the sheer entertainment value it brings.

Razorback de Nosferatu

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2019, 10:53:03 am »

There would probably be more patience IF the team/program looked like it was improving. I'll admit that expecting a bowl in year two was ambitious but not out the question given the schedule. I do agree all the coaches we've been through the last decade + has made it difficult to establish a winning culture but you don't pay a coach $3.7/year and he need on the job training!

Four or five wins with no embarrassing OOC losses was all this guy needed to guarantee himself plenty of building time.

Looking like he can't even manage that. Assuming things don't radically change, 2019 is looking very similar to 2018: two or three wins, an embarrassing OOC loss, and a bunch of QB drama because apparently neither Chad nor his grad assistant OC are capable of developing a QB.

The NewEra

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2019, 10:54:09 am »

Look, I've been in your shoes and I'm not certain that firing Chad is the way to go, but anyone who thinks what we've seen to date is in any shape form or fashion acceptable is not watching the same program I am.  At the very least several assistant coaches need to be replaced.  And Morris should be on a short leash going forward.

We are seeing the beginning of what I'm afraid will be hemorrhaging on the recruiting side of the equation, so that's a non argument at this point.

I can certainly tell you that the coaching we've seen on all levels to date has been terrible and without a plan to do a 180 turn on that we are only marking time.

We will see what HY thinks, but the performance has been bad enough that you can't expect fans not to voice their frustrations.  Those who want a head coach change may well be right.  If others read this on the message boards then so be it.  Should they be shielded from the true feelings of some of the fan base?

jkwhite1007

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2019, 10:55:58 am »

Its the basic, SET the edge on def, control your gaps, make adj at half. do u truly see any of that happening? two weeks to get rdy for a RUNNING QB/WR and he runs for 196 yards! really? Are our players getting BETTER? Sorry i am not seeing improvement. I mean what are we hanging our hat on? i have no clue.

How about the commentators drawing on the screen, showing the holes in the defense? "This is where they should run too." ...and they did. Over and over again.

Hogfan1660

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2019, 10:57:03 am »

worst vs worse

Hard to take anyone serious when you have to translate the very first line of the post...

hawg IQ

• Hogville.net
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2019, 11:02:55 am »

are you for real ? Have you not watch our team play these last 2 years. Have you not seen bone head decisions time after time. The clueless looks in post game comments from our coaches. Have you not heard tv commentators talk about our coaches with wonderment.

The reason we’ve had different coaches since 2007 is dumb a$$ ADs.  I do agree recruiting will suffer, but then again it already has 5 other times- right ! Morris is not the answer. 5 years with this guy just means a 10-50 record and no bowl games.

LRHawg

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2019, 11:03:04 am »

Jordan Rodgers Saturday night basically laid out a very simple game plan to destruct our defense. It's really bad when announcers are pointing out how flawed your schemes are. Chavis has got to go.

Pork Twain

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2019, 11:18:52 am »

Worst...

RagingHawgOn

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2019, 11:22:42 am »

Jordan Rodgers Saturday night basically laid out a very simple game plan to destruct our defense. It's really bad when announcers are pointing out how flawed your schemes are. Chavis has got to go.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. And, maybe add another name or two.

But, I think all of this wailing and gnashing of teeth is misplaced energy; I may be wrong but I firmly believe he gets next year to right the ship.  And, I am good with that. 

SemperFi

• Strongly despising the Morris Era!
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2019, 11:29:20 am »

Chavis is the worst DC ever!

I don't think that things could get any worse than they currently are.

Hogvayne

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2019, 11:29:49 am »

OP displaying their posting prowness.

woodrow hog call

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2019, 11:32:42 am »

This thread immediately made me think of this, if you haven't seen this guy you need to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AtR9-RVxD4

Hawgphat

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2019, 11:33:22 am »

Liverwurst is the worst;  liver & onions runs a close second.      :D

woodrow hog call

« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2019, 11:36:05 am »

Liverwurst is the worst;  liver & onions runs a close second.      :D

Liver and onions ? You serious Clark ? Man I don't know if we can be friends anymore after that,
 I can agree with Liverwurst, I mean heck it says how bad it is in the name of it for crying out loud.

Hawgphat

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2019, 11:39:02 am »

Liver and onions ? You serious Clark ? Man I don't know if we can be friends anymore after that,
 I can agree with Liverwurst, I mean heck it says how bad it is in the name of it for crying out loud.

Well, - - - - perhaps that's not the WURST mistake of my life.      :-[

Dark Helmet Hog

• Now let's see how well you handle it...
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2019, 11:42:14 am »

Sorry for ragging on the grammar. That's normally not like me. I'm a worser human being for it.

nesjunk

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2019, 11:48:56 am »

While I understand the sentiments of the OP, we just waited 8 years for someone to turn around the basketball program.  So, I think we did our part for the "be patient" crowd.  Please tell me how that worked out for us.

007 License To Squeal

• Global Moderator
  • Fmr USAF Combat Crew Titan II Launch Crew Member
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2019, 11:49:42 am »

All wrong.....

1.  Morris should NOT be learning on the job...PERIOD!!!!!  END OF DISCUSSION!!
2.  Incompetence should not be rewarded by blind loyalty...
3.  Morris will not have another good recruiting year because, kids won't come to such a losing program.  That "hammer down" stuff works after the first year only if he can't back it up....and he hasn't.  Losers don't attract quality recruits......

Bottom line:  Morris is way over his head.  He doesn't know how to effectively use the talent he has on the field to win games and he fails in most every aspect of being an SEC caliber coach.   I see no indication that he can turn this program around.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 12:01:08 pm by 007 License To Squeal »

Boardon Hamsay

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Eponymous Keeper of the War Damn Mockingbird Unis
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2019, 11:52:25 am »

actually Georgia Bulldog fans are the worserest of the worsers

Bama fans also are right there with Uga fans as having a worserednestility of the worserings to be of the upmost worserednent.

runninrazorback

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2019, 11:54:06 am »

and he's a big Schmuck...

dayofthehawg1

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2019, 11:54:07 am »

Send the OP some tissue.  I think he (she,it, etc) might just need some.   Its fixing to get a lot uglier.  Auburn?  Bama?  LSU?  You might want to close your eyes for this one.  Morris = Crowe.  Other than I believe that Jack was a better HC.

Hogcore

« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2019, 11:54:42 am »

We may never be on the level of the Alabama, LSU, or the Florida's of the college football world. We should at least win a few against Ole Miss, Kentucky, and San Jose State. We deserve a coach who can actually coach!

A lot of us are tired of pissing 10 thousand dollars a season away to win 2 games a year, ZERO conference games at that.

It goes way beyond this season, last season, for nearly a decade of piss poor coaching.

RyanMallettsEgo

• Let me buy you lunch
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2019, 12:01:11 pm »

We may never be on the level of the Alabama, LSU, or the Florida's of the college football world. We should at least win a few against Ole Miss, Kentucky, and San Jose State. We deserve a coach who can actually coach!

A lot of us are tired of pissing 10 thousand dollars a season away to win 2 games a year, ZERO conference games at that.

It goes way beyond this season, last season, for nearly a decade of piss poor coaching.

Why do so many of our fans think we "deserve" or are entitled to something?

High On Swine

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2019, 12:07:34 pm »

No, we are passionate and care about this program. I appreciate the effort the team has given this year with the exception of the SJS game. They played heartless and lifeless, acted like they stayed drunk and lived in sorority houses all week before that game.

Why people are all over Morris is because there is no rhyme or reason to anything they do offensively. Anyone who cant see that the D is making enough stops (especially in the 1st half of games) for our offense to win games is ignoring how unimpressive this offensive philosophy has been. Too many 3 and outs in critical cruch time situations and too many in the beginning of games. Get the ball moving should not be too much to ask for someone who we were sold was an offensive guru/genius. At first, I chalked it up to the Oline. But then, you watch the coaches put them in position to fail time and time again. They do not utilize plays that have been successful in the past. It has been lets try something different every week. I would rather see 5 plays run every game until they get it right.

On top of that, bonehead call after bonehead call and it goes back to CSU game last year. At Kentucky, the coaching call with 2:45 left, with 4th and 15, and 3 timeouts down 4 is to kick the FG to get down 1. No matter what, the defense had to get stop. I would rather the D get a stop and all we need is a FG to win versus a TD. He makes the wrong calls just about every chance he gets.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2019, 12:12:28 pm »

5 years, yeah that’s a great idea..... :D

Haven't you heard? It's eight years at Arkansas.

afhogfan1980

• Varsity
  • Settling for mediocrity is #uncommon
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2019, 12:17:28 pm »

If he goes 4-20 at the end of the season recreational weed needs to be legalized as a celebration 👀

195bc

« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2019, 12:19:49 pm »

Five head coaches since 2007 you say. That’s destroying the program you say. Not including one-game interim coaches, so has Oregon, Florida, SMU, Minnesota. They are all ranked in the top 25. Michigan, Memphis, Cincinnati, Louisville, Toledo, Syracuse have all had four coaches in that time and they are either ranked, coming off good years, or have made significant improvement from last year.

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
  • RIP LILY, WE MISS YOU DEARLY
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2019, 12:22:03 pm »

Thanks Ms. Morris.

it can't be mrs morris. she knows nothing of arkansas

Redhogs

« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2019, 12:24:23 pm »

Now get back to work Chad....good lord.

Redhogs

« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2019, 12:25:50 pm »

Five head coaches since 2007 you say. That’s destroying the program you say. Not including one-game interim coaches, so has Oregon, Florida, SMU, Minnesota. They are all ranked in the top 25. Michigan, Memphis, Cincinnati, Louisville, Toledo, Syracuse have all had four coaches in that time and they are either ranked, coming off good years, or have made significant improvement from last year.
Guess you just smoked that talking point....and thank you.

Hawginj

« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2019, 12:31:51 pm »

Why do so many of our fans think we "deserve" or are entitled to something?
Because we have earned it.

RyanMallettsEgo

• Let me buy you lunch
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2019, 12:32:16 pm »

Because we have earned it.

How's that?

Mr. Porkleone

« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2019, 12:33:17 pm »

But let’s be patient
Land help the effort not hurt it. 

Call someone who cares.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas