• 10,546,209 Posts
• 415,591 Topics
• 23,821 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I would advise going forward  (Read 377 times)

mckinneyhog5

I would advise going forward
« on: October 16, 2019, 09:53:19 am »

for those still planning on attending games...

Please don't boo during games. I say this because I'm sure Morris knows what's about to happen but the players can also take it as if the boo's are meant for them.

Just remember they will (hopefully) still be here if Morris isn't retained. We need these guys to stay.

Also please don't boo me!

IOW, let's keep it respectful.

YellCountyHog21

Re: I would advise going forward
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 09:55:25 am »

I don't think reasonable fans will boo if they see they're putting up a fight and playing hard.  None of us expect to beat Auburn.  BUT, if they put up a stinker against WKU, they deserve to be boo'd.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

liljo

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 09:58:45 am »

Please don't boo during games. I say this because I'm sure Morris knows what's about to happen but the players can also take it as if the boo's are meant for them.

Just remember they will (hopefully) still be here if Morris isn't retained. We need these guys to stay.

You won't get any boos from me, man. Thanks for the post. Thanks for attending the games.
I'm just an old Hog fan, living in a country home out in the woods. Don't go to many games. Haven't attended but maybe five games in ten years, all in LR.

Yeah man, booing at home games is a really, really bad reflection on the program. I don't think anyone can make these guys feel worse than they already feel, so why try? And I'm fair to certain that all the shot-callers already know how disgruntled the majority of fans are--booing isn't necessary.

Again, thanks for still going and rooting for those young men on that field.

Three and Snout

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2019, 10:00:32 am »

May I offer an alternative to booing?

Pennywise

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2019, 10:01:44 am »

Alcohol+rednecks/bumpkins+losing+tired of it+unreasonable=Boooooo birds no matter what.

I'm with you man. Fans don't need to boo them like that. But there will be no stopping it.

mckinneyhog5

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2019, 10:02:34 am »

I don't think reasonable fans will boo if they see they're putting up a fight and playing hard.  None of us expect to beat Auburn.  BUT, if they put up a stinker against WKU, they deserve to be boo'd.
Well, I'll give you another reason, it might give Morris the HDN "it's us against the world" mentality. Also, doesn't look good for recruits. Just don't see any positives from doing it at this point. Everyone in the athletic department knows fans are mad and even worse apathetic.

mckinneyhog5

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2019, 10:09:49 am »

You not going to the game will be heard louder then you could ever boo. Trust me. The AD's office was bombarded Monday with e-mails and phone calls about Morris's future. They're in total damage control right now but they do appreciate your contribution and emailing them with your concerns. Rest assured they are always evaluating the state of our football program.

;)

3Bombs

• Band Nerd
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2019, 10:18:20 am »

IOW, let's keep it respectful.
I was thinking of wearing a fire Chavis shirt. Too much?

Three and Snout

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2019, 10:19:08 am »

Make it black.

mckinneyhog5

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2019, 10:20:17 am »

May I offer an alternative to booing?

Rabble, rabble, rabble! Perfect!

mckinneyhog5

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2019, 10:21:02 am »

Only if you're being towed behind a plane.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas