• 10,546,538 Posts
• 415,603 Topics
• 23,821 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Does Chad replace both coordinators or just 1 after this year?  (Read 1323 times)

3Bombs

• Band Nerd
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net

We all know Chad will be here for at least 1 more year and probably 2. So what moves does he make?

theFlyingHog

Re: Does Chad replace both coordinators or just 1 after this year?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 08:51:28 am »

Troll post. We all KNOW chad is gone.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

RzrbkRat

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 08:51:42 am »

All coordinators will be replaced after Chad is given his walking papers at the end of another 2-10 year

afhogfan1980

• Varsity
  • Settling for mediocrity is #uncommon
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2019, 08:52:04 am »

I honestly donít think the coordinators need to go I believe the 100% root of the problem is the offensive line canít move the ball if your canít run or pass block and the defense not being great by any means hasnít given up enough points to not have a chance to win every game

YellCountyHog21

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2019, 08:52:18 am »

IF Chad is still around, I'd expect some staff changes.  I'll offer this caveat though.  No smart coach will hop aboard this sinking ship.  We're not going to get great assistants without a new staff entirely to offer more job security.

Tweeter

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2019, 08:54:32 am »

We all know Chad will be here for at least 1 more year and probably 2. So what moves does he make?

He gone!!!!

GoHogs1091

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2019, 08:58:47 am »

If Morris does stay, then everyone but Lunney, Jr. and Caldwell need to be replaced.

The current entire offensive staff is a Sun Belt Conference type of a staff (other than Lunney, Jr.).

rhames

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2019, 09:03:39 am »

No we don't

pghawg1

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2019, 09:12:38 am »

[/quote You are like the rest of us u donít know if Morris will be here or not.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2019, 09:14:27 am »

If Morris does stay, then everyone but Lunney, Jr. and Caldwell need to be replaced.

The current entire offensive staff is a Sun Belt Conference type of a staff (other than Lunney, Jr.).

I would probably keep steppes... but maybe thats just me....

tenhog

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2019, 09:15:58 am »

If Chads around 2 more years, it would be like the Arkansas administration giving us the death penalty!  If Chads around in 2 years there will be no fans in the stands and no financial support from the donors!  I know the administration is stupid for hiring Chad Morris in the first place, but I don't think they are even that stupid!

Piggfoot

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Hog Table top cooker
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2019, 09:22:02 am »

Chad will replace the O-Line coach with one  who is a good recruiter. Chad will not replace the OC because he is the OC.

hog of steele

• Yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2019, 09:27:50 am »

If chad is here (I don't think that is assured by any means), then I think we will see a new OC at least a new co-OC.

I am not sure our DC is in over his head. He may just need another year's worth of talent and experience. I have seen moments where I thought (and I am no expert) our defense was doing good things.

But I don't think its just OC. I think you will see a few other changes in the staff. IDK what but If chad stays I think there are three conditions that will have been met.

1. Wins at least the last OOC game.
2. Holds together a solid recruiting class.
3. Brings in some staff that will shore up his weaknesses.

If he stays all three of those things will have to hapen IMO.

ArkieBacon

• Varsity
  • HogBall Tue. Nov. 12 @ 7:00 PM
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2019, 09:39:03 am »

Chad will replace the O-Line coach with one  who is a good recruiter. Chad will not replace the OC because he is the OC.

Even more reason to let CCM go.
Coaching of the QBs alone this season has been a joke.

texas tush hog

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2019, 09:40:19 am »

Just one,himself.

jjdlc

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2019, 09:47:24 am »

At one point I believed like you, that Chad would get at least 3 years.  I'm not so sure of that now, things are in motion that don't bode well for his job security. 

IF he is retained for year 3, then yes, I believe there will be some changes to the staff.  I expect 1 or 2 might even bail on their own for other possibly even lesser jobs to get away from the mess.

nwahogfan1

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2019, 09:54:02 am »

I am like most on here and thought Morris would win at least 4 games last year and 6 this year so very disappointed in the results we are seeing but I do not think Morris will be fired.  I am not so sure if HY will make Morris replace his OC and DC but I can only hope.

But I do think HY will make Morris change some coaches.  Boosters and RF will make sure of this.

What I am hoping for on defense is the DC and the Secondary coach to be gone.   

On offense,  QB play has been so erratic that I am not so sure who to blame for several of our losses this year and last.   Our WRs this year are very good but young so will only improve..  We only have one decent SEC RB and he is constantly getting nicked up and not 100%.  The rest are below SEC average. I want to give Fry one more year to get his recruits in the game because it seems like we are getting more talent there.  Lunney is doing a steady job at TE Coach.  Craddock seems to me over his head at OC but Morris will not fire him unless HY makes him.     

I am interested to see how we will finish in Recruiting.  Lots of negativity out there.  You know opposing coaches are hammering us right now.  So interested in who we can sign. 

Morris must keep his HS recruiting class mostly intact plus sign 4 to 6 more.  To me for next year Morris must get serious about finding 4 to 5 transfers or JUCO players who are good enough to PLAY NOW or at least be on the 2 deep.

3Bombs

• Band Nerd
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2019, 10:19:56 am »

How so? Chad is getting another year no matter what ANYONE thinks.

Hawginj

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2019, 10:20:50 am »

Lol good luck with that!

OkieBack

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2019, 10:31:16 am »

Hold that thought.  You better hope and pray that Morris doesn't win another game or two this season.  If he does...he probably isn't going anywhere.  At least not this year...

farmhawg

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2019, 10:34:16 am »

How do you know? Or is just what you think?

Seebs

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2019, 10:36:31 am »

Replace coordinators. Think this through man.  Would you uproot your family to come work for CCM right now? Who would he get better than what he has? 

No, Gut the fish and upgrade your tackle and rig and get a trophy bass.  Right now we have a Drum being beaten like a drum.

OkieBack

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2019, 10:43:53 am »

Tough call.  I'm not sure Craddock really does much if Chad is the one calling the plays. 

Chavis I am pretty much done with seeing how our Defense just can't seem to stop anyone in the 4th quarter.  We would have had a few more wins if only our D could show up late in the game.  You could blame Morris and the offense, however if it boils down to retaining Morris or Chavis...Morris is the head coach.  The head coach wins out allot of the time.

hawg IQ

• Hogville.net
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2019, 10:48:56 am »

if you think Morris is gonna be here next year, you have to be in the know with HY.  But to answer about the keystone cops, no way ! The moves would be a move back to Texas and get the high school job again. Listen folks, we have to understand the gravity of this thing.  Wanting to go 4-8 to just be able to keep him a job- wow ! How low, how lame has our fan base sunk !  A top twenty program should be expected and nothing less.

hogfan14

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2019, 10:52:28 am »

Tough call.  I'm not sure Craddock really does much if Chad is the one calling the plays. 

Chavis I am pretty much done with seeing how our Defense just can't seem to stop anyone in the 4th quarter.  We would have had a few more wins if only our D could show up late in the game.  You could blame Morris and the offense, however if it boils down to retaining Morris or Chavis...Morris is the head coach.  The head coach wins out allot of the time.

We've said the same thing with the last 3-4 DCs though. The defense actually put the team in position to win against A&M but it seems like when the offense scores, the defense gives up a long TD drive and when the defense holds up, the offense can't move the ball. We never have both in sync at the same time just once which would eventually win at least one SEC game. It's a similar pattern with our QB play in that whoever starts sucks and then the backup comes in and does well no matter who it is. It's actually a little comical.

Con el Cerdos

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2019, 10:57:21 am »

Well, if you're going with the scorched-earth approach, I'll buy your choices on offense, with one exception.  Jeff Traylor, RB coach, is the best east Texas recruiter we have on staff.  Caldwell is not far behind in that respect on the defensive side.

TXHog30

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2019, 10:57:26 am »

we aren't getting a decent OC or DC to come join a sinking ship.

OC doesn't make sense as Chad could simply announce publicly he has taken over playcalling and OC duties and demote Craddock.

QB coaching seems to be a huge issue. Craddock is not Dan Enos. It looks like our guys have regressed.

If anything changes going into next season and Morris is still at the helm, I would hope and expect for a new QB coach/consultant and possibly a different O-Line coach.

Defense hasn't been great but has not kept us out of games, in fact, with 3 defensive scores they have kept us IN games.

bulldog04

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2019, 11:00:29 am »

OC doesn't make sense as Chad could simply announce publicly he has taken over playcalling and OC duties and demote Craddock.

QB coaching seems to be a huge issue. Craddock is not Dan Enos. It looks like our guys have regressed.

If anything changes going into next season and Morris is still at the helm, I would hope and expect for a new QB coach/consultant and possibly a different O-Line coach.

Defense hasn't been great but has not kept us out of games, in fact, with 3 defensive scores they have kept us IN games.
Yep. Replace Craddock with Enos and Fry with Pittman and we good lol

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2019, 11:01:16 am »

LOL, who cares what he does at Stephen F Austin, bro.

Con el Cerdos

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2019, 11:10:29 am »

I certainly agree with your first sentence.  Further, if the HC were somehow given another year or two, and given a mandate to upgrade his staff, no assistant coach with SEC coaching skills is likely to be willing to work for a dork.

Hawgphat

« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2019, 11:43:44 am »

Replace Chad, both coordinators and the entire coaching complement at one fell swoop.

jgphillips3

• Where are they now the little people of Stonehenge
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2019, 11:51:08 am »

If he had won all non-conference games and one SEC game, we wouldnít even be having this conversation...but he didnít.  He shat the bed against one of the absolute worst teams in college football, squandered a good chance to beat Ole Miss and couldnít beat Kentucky who had NO scholarship QBís available.  This has been an absolutely pathetic shite show so far.  At this point, he needs to beat WKU and pull an upset over a clearly better team to stick around I think.  We need some measure of hope and this far, there is zero.  He may pull a 4-8 record and survive.  3-9 he might survive.  If we go 2-10, I canít see it happening.  I figure the OC and OL coaches could be sacrificed first if he does survive.

Grizzlyfan

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2019, 11:53:29 am »

You absolutely have to replace Chavis.  No if's and's or but's.  Since Morris is the de facto offensive coordinator that doesn't matter as much.  I come at this from the perspective that Morris will be given a 3rd year as long as he makes staff changes.

al_pigcino

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2019, 11:55:06 am »

Chavis isn't the problem.  We barely have the starters to compete in the SEC and we damn sure do not have the depth to sustain in the 4th quarter.  The other side is situations like the Kentucky game.  They held the ball AN ENTIRE QUARTER OF FOOTBALL LONGER than we did.  You can only ask your defense to do so much with limited talent and no depth. 

I am not defending Chavis but I feel like the purge should be pointed elsewhere to start with.  He's midlevel as far as coordinators go but I doubt we are in a situation to "upgrade".  We fire him and who do we have available?

SquidBiily

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2019, 12:39:03 pm »

This is exactly what makes keeping him another year so difficult.  If you keep him but tell him to change assistant coaches you can't realistically expect him to be able to hire upgrades.  But if you give him year 3 with status quo the the AD is now tied to that decision and the cuts may not stop at the football staff.

31to6

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2019, 12:40:28 pm »

Chavis and the defense would not be a major problem if the offense were competent.

And Chad is the de facto OC.

Not sure what changing coordinators does for us.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

• Hogville Executive Consulting LLC
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2019, 12:43:58 pm »

Hopefully both Coordinators AND OL coach

Hawginj

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2019, 12:56:42 pm »

You see you are right and wrong hiring  a different OC does nothing.  Chad doesn't have to take over anything he never let go of it to start with Chad Morris is the OC and has been since day one at SMU all the way to this very minute.

online-with-swine

« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2019, 01:00:02 pm »

Iím a firm believer in no one dictating to the coach when a coordinator or subordinate needs replaced for on field performance.  If the head coach canít see it then that answers wether he himself should remain employed.  Plus, the coach needs to live or die based on HIS decisions, not someone elseís.

hawginbigd1

« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2019, 01:09:30 pm »

I am sure he would replace the laundry people if he thought it would get him another year, I don't think it would.

Sivad

« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2019, 01:12:59 pm »

If HY is going to (stupidly) keep Chad Morris for another year, just keep his coordinators too. Changing them wonít help the goober at the top and we sure donít want to have to pay off Chavis and his big buyout and then pay them all and a new one off after year 3.

Keith_Dixon

• Varsity
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2019, 01:15:03 pm »

I am sure he would replace the laundry people if he thought it would get him another year, I don't think it would.

WHAT??  Morris is trying to get fired.  He will be all sad and then walk out the door, throw up a Aggie gig em', and proclaim, "suckuzz....."

RBACK84

• Band Nerd
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2019, 01:18:57 pm »

If HY is going to (stupidly) keep Chad Morris for another year, just keep his coordinators too. Changing them wonít help the goober at the top and we sure donít want to have to pay off Chavis and his big buyout and then pay them all and a new one off after year 3.
I think Chavis only had a two-year contract. It probably won't get renewed.

TXHog30

« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2019, 01:21:13 pm »

You see you are right and wrong hiring  a different OC does nothing.  Chad doesn't have to take over anything he never let go of it to start with Chad Morris is the OC and has been since day one at SMU all the way to this very minute.

Yeah, that's why I said changing OC doesn't make sense. To appease people he could say Craddock is demoted or gone but it doesn't make much of a difference since.

We need a new QB coach badly, as Craddock has failed miserably to develop these guys.

HogsonHicks

« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2019, 01:25:48 pm »

If Chad is here for two more years, heíll have to replace 2 coordinators and 70,000 fans in RRS.

rzrbaxfan

« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2019, 01:32:54 pm »

Just 1.

Craddock will follow chad back to a texas high school...doubt if the chief goes too.

bulldog04

« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2019, 01:33:57 pm »

Yeah, that's why I said changing OC doesn't make sense. To appease people he could say Craddock is demoted or gone but it doesn't make much of a difference since.

We need a new QB coach badly, as Craddock has failed miserably to develop these guys.

Lunney is always an option at QB coach

Grizzlyfan

« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2019, 04:32:13 pm »

Chavis and the defense would not be a major problem if the offense were competent.

And Chad is the de facto OC.

Not sure what changing coordinators does for us.
We couldn't slow down San Jose State or a wide receiver playing quarterback.

31to6

« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2019, 04:35:29 pm »

We couldn't slow down San Jose State or a wide receiver playing quarterback.
Let me be clear. I don't think our defense is good.

But I don't think it is as bad as the offense.

So what does firing the DC do? I don't think it would net a single win.

HotlantaHog

« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2019, 04:43:19 pm »

If he can upgrade, sure.

But given he might well be on the ``hot seat'' in year 3, pulling in a new OC or DC for what could be a short-term gig might not be easy.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas