• 10,546,592 Posts
• 415,604 Topics
• 23,821 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Potential coaches.......  (Read 2804 times)

ballinhog

Re: Potential coaches.......
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2019, 01:11:30 pm »

Lol I understand we are just talking. Just if folks are gonna talk about have some common sense about it or at least some knowledge about it. Just saying!

I know Thomson and Davis ainít happening. Thatís 2 coaches Iíve always liked and threw out there for fun. I realize that. Iím not very smart, but when it comes to this, I have knowledge. I know what the real names are that will likely be looked at. But Lashlee, I really him. Worth at least a interview. Doubt he gets one but Iíd like it. Razorback football is my life. However I have absolutely zero connections. I donít know anyone that knows anyone even a little bit important up there. 

That was way too many words. So yea, weíre just talking

ballinhog

« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2019, 01:20:08 pm »

where you want to start!

Well, throw out a name and weíll see. Youíve done a lot of telling everyone else how wrong their suggestions are. So who u got.

In all reality besides the WWE stuff, I do like Lashlee. Doesnít mean I think heís ever gonna be a great HC, or that heís ready. But he might be. I donít know. I doubt u know if heís prepared for this or not. But itís not like heís the only name I like, just one to throw out. You ainít gotta like it

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Hawginj

« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2019, 01:24:36 pm »

I know Thomson and Davis ainít happening. Thatís 2 coaches Iíve always liked and threw out there for fun. I realize that. Iím not very smart, but when it comes to this, I have knowledge. I know what the real names are that will likely be looked at. But Lashlee, I really him. Worth at least a interview. Doubt he gets one but Iíd like it. Razorback football is my life. However I have absolutely zero connections. I donít know anyone that knows anyone even a little bit important up there. 

That was way too many words. So yea, weíre just talking
I wasn't calling you dumb at all sorry if you took it that way. I'm glad you have useful input. From what I have seen Lashlee was ole boogers whipping boy too long not really being an OC for Awburn! He kind of stunk it up at U Conn when he finally got a real chance, he's doing ok at SMU but I'm sure Dykes has something to do with that. Imo he needs more time in the oven and to have had a HC stop or two before he gets a shot at Arkansas.

ballinhog

« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2019, 01:32:24 pm »

I wasn't calling you dumb at all sorry if you took it that way. I'm glad you have useful input. From what I have seen Lashlee was ole boogers whipping boy too long not really being an OC for Awburn! He kind of stunk it up at U Conn when he finally got a real chance, he's doing ok at SMU but I'm sure Dykes has something to do with that. Imo he needs more time in the oven and to have had a HC stop or two before he gets a shot at Arkansas.

I never really knew what he did at UConn. And yes who knows how much of the O is Dykes. But they do look a lot like Auburn tho so it could be Lashlee. He prolly need to prove himself a little more. How about Alex Grinch and Lashlee the OC lol who knows how it would work.

Pennywise

« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2019, 01:33:27 pm »

Still think Blake Anderson getting a shot at UofA would be worth it. He has proven he can win and bring decent players to Arkansas.

ballinhog

« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2019, 01:33:36 pm »

I never really knew what he did at UConn. And yes who knows how much of the O is Dykes. But they do look a lot like Auburn tho so it could be Lashlee. He prolly need to prove himself a little more. How about Alex Grinch and Lashlee the OC lol who knows how it would work.

I didnít take anything u said in a negative or personal way. Just talking. Itís all good

Hawginj

« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2019, 01:35:41 pm »

Well, throw out a name and weíll see. Youíve done a lot of telling everyone else how wrong their suggestions are. So who u got.

In all reality besides the WWE stuff, I do like Lashlee. Doesnít mean I think heís ever gonna be a great HC, or that heís ready. But he might be. I donít know. I doubt u know if heís prepared for this or not. But itís not like heís the only name I like, just one to throw out. You ainít gotta like it
I have a few my top 3 Kiffin ( probably the best recruiter we could ever hope for. Has NFL, and P5 experience, has access to many coaches could assemble a staff to rival anyone. Brought Bama out of the stone age into a modern offense. Masterful playcaller. ) And hopefully has learned from his mistakes. Mike Norvell ( a superstar about to go Super Nova,  an excellent recruiter I mean he's getting those kids to go to Memphis!!! Memphis for crying out loud.) His teams play tough opportunistic football and man are they fun to watch. and lastly Clawson at Wake Forest this guy has a hard row to hoe but he's doing it in a P5 conference and with style I can really like how his team plays. Not the most talented but they play together and hard!

hawginbigd1

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2019, 01:36:12 pm »

Still think Blake Anderson getting a shot at UofA would be worth it. He has proven he can win and bring decent players to Arkansas.
Blake does a good job assembling talent at that level, and I think he does decent with game plan prep, and even in-game, but they are consistently one of the least disciplined teams at any level IMO, they have lost way too many games to list when you could clearly see they were the more talented team by a wide margin.

Hawginj

« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2019, 01:38:28 pm »

oh I am a huge fan of the Grinch man what he did at Washington State nothing short of amazing. I still think he needs to get some HC experience first.

ballinhog

« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2019, 01:54:49 pm »

I have a few my top 3 Kiffin ( probably the best recruiter we could ever hope for. Has NFL, and P5 experience, has access to many coaches could assemble a staff to rival anyone. Brought Bama out of the stone age into a modern offense. Masterful playcaller. ) And hopefully has learned from his mistakes. Mike Norvell ( a superstar about to go Super Nova,  an excellent recruiter I mean he's getting those kids to go to Memphis!!! Memphis for crying out loud.) His teams play tough opportunistic football and man are they fun to watch. and lastly Clawson at Wake Forest this guy has a hard row to hoe but he's doing it in a P5 conference and with style I can really like how his team plays. Not the most talented but they play together and hard!

I love Norvell. If I was the decision maker he would be the very first call I made. That dude knows everything about football. And their special teams, they are very good in that area. Thereís really not anything that I donít like about Norvell

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2019, 02:02:15 pm »

oh I am a huge fan of the Grinch man what he did at Washington State nothing short of amazing. I still think he needs to get some HC experience first.
I like Grinch... hes worked for some damn good coaches in leach, Meyer, and now riley... all of which have had high powered offenses.

Hawginj

« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2019, 02:20:06 pm »

I love Norvell. If I was the decision maker he would be the very first call I made. That dude knows everything about football. And their special teams, they are very good in that area. Thereís really not anything that I donít like about Norvell
You and me both!

Hawginj

« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2019, 02:21:35 pm »

I like Grinch... hes worked for some damn good coaches in leach, Meyer, and now riley... all of which have had high powered offenses.
Yes he has love the agressiveness of his defense.

porque

« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2019, 02:45:39 pm »

Not necessarily my 1st or even second choice, but I would take that kind of ďover ratedĒ right now.
Overall
171Ė64
Bowls
11Ė7
Accomplishments and honors
Championships
As Head Coach:
2 SEC (2002, 2005)
5 SEC Eastern Division (2002Ė2003, 2005, 2011Ė2012)
1 ACC Coastal Division (2017)

He does less with more than Malazahn.

ballinhog

« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2019, 02:51:27 pm »

Alex Grinch as the head coach.
Hire Lashlee the OC. I actually would love this. This may be my new favorite scenario lol

Leadbelly

« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2019, 04:05:06 pm »

He does less with more than Malazahn.

Gussie

Overall
67Ė31 (college) 68% winning in 98 games.
Bowls
2Ė4, 33%
Championships
1 SEC (2013)
1 Sun Belt (2012)
2 SEC Western Division (2013, 2017)

Richt at 73% over 235 games.
11-7 in bowl games, 61%.
Less with more, huh?
I take Richt ANY day ALL day over Gussie.

porque

« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2019, 09:28:57 am »

Gussie

Overall
67Ė31 (college) 68% winning in 98 games.
Bowls
2Ė4, 33%
Championships
1 SEC (2013)
1 Sun Belt (2012)
2 SEC Western Division (2013, 2017)

Richt at 73% over 235 games.
11-7 in bowl games, 61%.
Less with more, huh?
I take Richt ANY day ALL day over Gussie.

I don't want either one of them.  Miami exposed Richt for what he is.

al_pigcino

« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2019, 09:53:04 am »

I don't want either one of them.  Miami exposed Richt for what he is.
A 26-13 coach who took them to the orange bowl?  ???

porque

« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2019, 10:25:53 am »

A 26-13 coach who took them to the orange bowl?  ???

7-6 his third year and was forced out.  That third year should have been when he was hitting his stride.

al_pigcino

« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2019, 11:05:02 am »

7-6 his third year and was forced out.  That third year should have been when he was hitting his stride.
His 3rd year at UGA was the 2nd of 4 consecutive 10 win seasons. 

Miami is currently 3-3.  Maybe it's not him?

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2019, 11:06:42 am »

I wouldn't call a 26-13 record a miserable failure.
Won a Heisman, too. I guarantee you he could get another nice dual threat qb. He'd win with these WRs and KJJ, too.

AND , He wasn't too scared to play his freshman QB...

Leadbelly

« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2019, 09:06:48 pm »

We could, and have, done A LOT worse. Not advocating for Richt but, of all the names tossed around HOGVILLE, he is quite worthy. He is experienced, has recruiting connections in the SE and could probably put quite a staff together.

Arazorbackguy1

« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2019, 09:19:06 pm »

If the UofA hired Robert Petrino, then the UofA will become a national laughing stock.

You simply don't fire someone for what Robert did, and then turnaround and re-hire.

But, but, but... he apologized!!!

TrueBlue

• All-American Hogvillian
  • I'm not driven by money anymore. Lane Kiffin
« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2019, 09:54:04 pm »

No way on Drinkwitz yet.
He has more P5 wins than Morris.

My grandma has as many P5 wins as Morris.

DLUXHOG

• It'll feel better when it quits hurtin'
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2019, 09:58:10 pm »

Jimmy... Johnson....  is the answer...  heís only one of 3 coaches to win national championships in college AND Superbowls....  2 of them.

N HOG

« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2019, 12:27:15 am »

Whoever the new coach is I hope his first step is to move his family to Arkansas.

LZH

« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2019, 05:21:49 am »

Something in me says 'no' to Kiffin.....he reeks of 'look at me'.

I liked Norvell (my #1 at the time), but they cracked open his closet and skeletons came pouring out.  But at this point, we may have to say 'hey, that was then'.

Butch Davis would be a good short-term answer, and so would Richt.

I like Lashlee, but think he needs a few more years on his own.

Leadbelly

« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2019, 03:23:39 pm »

Jimmy... Johnson....  is the answer...  heís only one of 3 coaches to win national championships in college AND Superbowls....  2 of them.

Would loved to have had JJ 30 years ago. It ain't happening now however. Nor is CBP or Urban or Stoops or Briles. Some people (not you) on this board really think these people will come here. It's not happening. I think Norvell (if his closet and phone has been wiped clean), Kiffin and even Richt would, given the right circumstances. I would LOVE to have "the Grinch" here in some capacity. I think he is one of the best DC's in the game but he wouldn't come here in that capacity. I think he is going to be the next "big thing" I just don't think we will step out on the limb and make him a HC. Maybe Associate Head Coach/DC and a boat load of money. Still a pipe dream at that title. As Gopher Everett once said;

al_pigcino

« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2019, 03:24:43 pm »

Peyton Manning  ???

Dropkick

• I'm somewhere in the middle
« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2019, 03:27:56 pm »

KYLE WHITTINGHAM
MATT RHULE
PJ FLECK
MATT CAMPBELL
MIKE NORVELL
JUSTIN WILCOX
BRONCO MENDENHALL
WILLY FRITZ

SavoySeamster

« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2019, 03:34:22 pm »

If this would have been during the Danny Ford hiring, or even Nutt, I would have thought hiring JJ would have been the deal of the century. But now, I canít help believe that he would help the Hogs in name recognition only. My bet would be the game has passed him by. Itís been thirty plus years since heís coached a college team. Itís time to find a younger coach who has proven he can win. No since in wasting time and resources on re-treads that have as much of a possibility of being a failure as being a success.

Dillon23

« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2019, 04:48:30 pm »

I'm on the Grinch bus...he will be a star one day and we will be on here talking about how we could/should have hired him.  I wanted him when we hired Morris, but everyone said he had no experience.

rzrbackramsfan

• Jaylin...Itís Time
« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2019, 04:57:59 pm »

Leaaaccchhhhhh

TheEnemy

« Reply #83 on: October 18, 2019, 05:19:47 pm »

Kiffin is the answer.  Make him a great offer and make him say no before moving on.

Hog The Bounty Hunter

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #84 on: October 18, 2019, 08:31:33 pm »

I am hoping for Houston Nutt! Time to get the gang back together!

Iíd be down for this. Would give me a chance to bust out my fire Nutt t-shirt from back in the day! I could just wear it year round 

HardCore

• Hogvillian
  • Was it good for you too, Leo?
« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2019, 08:56:27 pm »

If the UofA hired Robert Petrino, then the UofA will become a national laughing stock.

What are we right now?

ChicoHog

• RIP Glenn. You're "Already Gone" way too soon
« Reply #86 on: October 18, 2019, 09:40:02 pm »

KYLE WHITTINGHAM
MATT RHULE
PJ FLECK
MATT CAMPBELL
MIKE NORVELL
JUSTIN WILCOX
BRONCO MENDENHALL
WILLY FRITZ
KYLE WHITTINGHAM-like him but I don't see him leaving Utah unless it's a really high profile job
MATT RHULE-love this guy but has a long term deal at Baylor and more likely to go to NFL than Arkansas
PJ FLECK-Not a big fan of his rah-rah but it's worked and gophers doing great.  maybe a possibility but Big Tem West is much easier to compete in than SEC West. 
MATT CAMPBELL-my first choice but I don't see him leaving unless it's a bigger job like Ohio st, Michigan, maybe Penn st if Franklin goes to USC
MIKE NORVELL -probably our best shot but I'm not sold on him.  Seems a little too flashy and not a lot of substance.  Opposite of Campbell and Rhule who are more substance over style. 
JUSTIN WILCOX-like him.  Plays good defense.  Let him hire an OC.  Cal is a weird place so maybe he would listen. 
BRONCO MENDENHALL-another substance over style guy.  Has done a great job at UVA.  Not sure why he would come here but who knows?  ACC Coastal much easier than SEC west. 
WILLY FRITZ-I think he would come.  a little old compared to the others but a really good coach.  I like his pistol offense which emphasizes the run but still can throw the ball.  I doubt if the masses would call it an exciting hire but this man can coach.  Good article in The Athletic by Andy Staples about his rise in the coaching world. 

I want a guy who emphasizes recruiting, the line of scrimmage play, tough defenses who tackle well and a balanced offense.  No air raid please! 

Leadbelly

« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2019, 09:55:21 am »

STAY OFF THE WEEEEEEDDDD
Weed Hell, gott a be acid!

SeldomHere

• All-American Hogvillian
  • My all-time favorite gender.
« Reply #88 on: October 19, 2019, 09:59:51 am »

What are we right now?
A regional laughingstock?

okrazorback

• Varsity
« Reply #89 on: October 19, 2019, 10:06:13 am »

I am hoping for Houston Nutt! Time to get the gang back together!

He is better than we have had in the last several years.

tophawg19

• Gold Hogvillian
  • She thinks my hawgs are sexy
« Reply #90 on: October 19, 2019, 11:05:45 am »

Lame Kitten couldn't win at USC with their built in recruiting advantages .

Hawginj

« Reply #91 on: October 19, 2019, 11:46:06 am »

you left out they were on probation with reduced scholarships but yea

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #92 on: October 19, 2019, 11:49:10 am »

he won 10 games his second year and was 25-13 . Id take a 65-70% win percentage.

rtr

« Reply #93 on: October 19, 2019, 11:49:46 am »

you left out they were on probation with reduced scholarships but yea
Inconvenient facts.

chiti66

• Senior
  • Always humble.....yet never submissive.
« Reply #94 on: October 19, 2019, 11:52:29 am »

If we are going to keep CCM, then make a play for Dowell Loggains as OC/QB Coach.  Move Joe C to position coach, and get a DC!

my3boneheads

« Reply #95 on: October 19, 2019, 11:54:23 am »

I saw Petrino's hat still there in the ring. Odds are favorable I think that he'll be back.

Not happening. We need to stop looking at the past and look to the future. Chad Morris never should have happened but come December we need to make the correct choice and forget the $15 million buyouts.

Hawginj

« Reply #96 on: October 19, 2019, 12:25:23 pm »

Hawginj

« Reply #97 on: October 19, 2019, 12:26:07 pm »

Not happening. We need to stop looking at the past and look to the future. Chad Morris never should have happened but come December we need to make the correct choice and forget the $15 million buyouts.
Exactly
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas