• 10,554,416 Posts
• 415,779 Topics
• 23,843 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Potential coaches.......  (Read 2810 times)

SavoySeamster

Potential coaches.......
« on: October 15, 2019, 11:26:37 pm »

Personally, Iíd bet CCM gets year three. But, I also believe that he nor his assistants are the right bunch to get us on the winning track. But, with all the names of potential coaches being thrown around, thereís a name that I havenít seen. Yet, this individual covers all the bases for what seems to be needed to hack it on the Hill. He played college ball, at Arkansas no less, for the Right Reverend, from Arkansas, grew up in TX, coaches in the League, coaches offense/QBís, amongst other accomplishments, Iím sure. Who you might ask?

None other than............Dowell Loggains!

I have no idea what DL has done in the NFL, what his chance of success in college ball would be, or if heíd even entertain coaching college ball, but with everybody under the sun being mentioned for possible hire, might as well think outside the box!

HogFan4Eva

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: Potential coaches.......
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 11:33:25 pm »

Yes because that is exactly what we need to do hire a coach that has no head coaching experience, recruiting experience, and hasnít ever recruited. What could go wrong?

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

TheEnemy

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 11:34:58 pm »

Currently offensive coordinator and QB coach for the Giants...doubt he wants to leave the NFL right now

SavoySeamster

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2019, 11:35:53 pm »

Yes because that is exactly what we need to do hire a coach that has no head coaching experience, recruiting experience, and hasnít ever recruited. What could go wrong?

Well, with some of the other names Iíve seen mentioned here on the forum, the difference would be the same.

mckinneyhog5

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2019, 11:39:07 pm »

look for a coach whos strength includes having  a track record of developing players into NFL talent.

hawaiianhogster

• Varsity
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2019, 11:42:00 pm »

There aren't any coaches that want to coach here. At least not win here. They will come to get their retirement check for sure. Pay up!

HogFan4Eva

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2019, 12:00:44 am »

look for a coach whos strength includes having  a track record of developing players into NFL talent.
Who you got in mind?

PigPusher

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Just another day as a Hog!!!
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2019, 12:25:46 am »

I saw Petrino's hat still there in the ring. Odds are favorable I think that he'll be back.

Hawginj

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2019, 07:06:40 am »

🤦

RiotHog5

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2019, 07:30:53 am »

I saw Petrino's hat still there in the ring. Odds are favorable I think that he'll be back.

STAY OFF THE WEEEEEEDDDD

GoHogs1091

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2019, 07:54:25 am »

If the UofA hired Robert Petrino, then the UofA will become a national laughing stock.

You simply don't fire someone for what Robert did, and then turnaround and re-hire.

afhogfan1980

• Varsity
  • Settling for mediocrity is #uncommon
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2019, 07:58:08 am »

If the UofA hired Robert Petrino, then the UofA will become a national laughing stock.

You simply don't fire someone for what Robert did, and then turnaround and re-hire.
we are already the laughing stock Js

ballinhog

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2019, 08:00:40 am »

Take a look at the best coordinators, a lot of top teams current head coach had never been a head coach before the job theyíre at now.

Oklahoma last 2 coaches Bob Stoops was Florida OC and current coach Riley was their OC. Clemsons coach was a WR coach. Ohio States coach was their OC.  Oregonís coach had been a head coach at FIU several years ago but was their OC. Georgiaís coach was a DC and had never been a head coach. Utahís coach had never been a head coach. Even Missouri, their coach had never been a head coach and heís been good so far. Mississipp State last great hire Dan Mullen had never been a head coach before.

Thatís quite a few big time schools that hired coaches that hadnít been a head coach before they hired them. I think the deal where a lot of people want a proven head coach isnít always the best route. Now Iím fully aware that there are many more examples of good teams that did hire established head coaches, but still that isnít always the best option.

A few I would look at, at least interview are Aranda from LSU, Vennables, Grinch from Oklahoma, Leonhard from Wisconsin. I have no idea if Wisconsin are playing horrible offenses or if they have the best defense ever lol 4 shutouts already.

Anyway one coach I really like is Rhett Lashlee. Heís from Arkansas, played for the Hogs, he knows the SEC, heís got that offense going at SMU right now. I have no idea if he will ever be a great HC or not but he should be worth a look.

All I know is if we do get rid of Morris, and I hope we do, I pray we get it right this time. Weíve been bad long enough. I donít care who it is as long as we get it right this time. Feels like we canít afford anymore bad hires, would damn near be the death penalty. Almost feels like it is right now. All I want is for Arkansas football to be good. So much of my dang life is about being a Razorback fan. Thatís what Iím known as to folks that know me, that guy that loves the hogs. We all do on here. I damn sure do.

mj4president

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2019, 08:03:27 am »

Josh McDaniels

pigachu

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2019, 08:12:10 am »

Personally, Iíd bet CCM gets year three. But, I also believe that he nor his assistants are the right bunch to get us on the winning track. But, with all the names of potential coaches being thrown around, thereís a name that I havenít seen. Yet, this individual covers all the bases for what seems to be needed to hack it on the Hill. He played college ball, at Arkansas no less, for the Right Reverend, from Arkansas, grew up in TX, coaches in the League, coaches offense/QBís, amongst other accomplishments, Iím sure. Who you might ask?

None other than............Dowell Loggains!

I have no idea what DL has done in the NFL, what his chance of success in college ball would be, or if heíd even entertain coaching college ball, but with everybody under the sun being mentioned for possible hire, might as well think outside the box!

I hope Dowell can think outside the box cause he sure couldnít see out of it if you put him in

SavoySeamster

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2019, 08:38:08 am »

I hope Dowell can think outside the box cause he sure couldnít see out of it if you put him in

Very true. He is short on height.

Formula Hog

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2019, 08:41:42 am »

Josh McDaniels

Josh McDaniels was a candidate when CBB was hired. But I don't see him ever leaving NE, or the pros.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2019, 09:21:47 am »

If you cant get Malzahn... get his clip board holder/OC Kodi Burns..lol

Hawginj

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2019, 09:25:30 am »

I see it being Kiffin, Norvell, Clawson, or Drinkwitz. Maybe Leach but I doubt it.

Hawginj

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2019, 09:26:17 am »

🤦

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2019, 09:38:27 am »

I see it being Kiffin, Norvell, Clawson, or Drinkwitz. Maybe Leach but I doubt it.
No way on Drinkwitz yet.

Hawginj

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2019, 09:40:32 am »

No way on Drinkwitz yet.
He's my last resort. But seems to be a good coach will take him over Holtz or Horton, or Loggins, or Butch any day.

porque

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2019, 09:41:31 am »

No way on Drinkwitz yet.

He has more P5 wins than Morris.

Hawginj

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2019, 09:46:55 am »

He has more P5 wins than Morris.
Dilly Dilly!

ArkieBacon

• Varsity
  • HogBall Tue. Nov. 12 @ 7:00 PM
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2019, 09:52:14 am »

No.
Name recognition coach, someone that players will flock to. Someone with a plan and offense that recruits itself.
Spend the money, go big!

Mr. Porkleone

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2019, 09:54:07 am »

Mark Richt would be my pick.

Hawginj

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2019, 09:55:06 am »

No.
Name recognition coach, someone that players will flock to. Someone with a plan and offense that recruits itself.
Spend the money, go big!
You have that  with Kiffin, Norvell,  Leach and Clawson. Just because you don't know them doesn't mean football players don't.

ifghog

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2019, 10:05:52 am »

This is the correct name. We need someone to get the ship righted. He would go it. He won more games at GA  than smart nascar the same time period. Great coach.

Hawginj

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2019, 10:09:31 am »

This is the correct name. We need someone to get the ship righted. He would go it. He won more games at GA  than smart nascar the same time period. Great coach.
Then failed miserably at the U and quit. He's not coming back to coaching

ArkieBacon

• Varsity
  • HogBall Tue. Nov. 12 @ 7:00 PM
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2019, 10:33:31 am »

You have that  with Kiffin, Norvell,  Leach and Clawson. Just because you don't know them doesn't mean football players don't.
Not saying no to your list. Just no to Dowell Loggains.

I would be excited to see Kiffin or Norvell here.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2019, 10:37:53 am »

He's my last resort. But seems to be a good coach will take him over Holtz or Horton, or Loggins, or Butch any day.
I would take him over many.. but hes not the direction we should go yet. In the future we will see.

porque

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2019, 10:39:46 am »

Lord no.  One of the most overrated coaches in history.

Leadbelly

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2019, 10:40:14 am »

OMG🙄

Leadbelly

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2019, 10:45:47 am »

Lord no.  One of the most overrated coaches in history.

Not necessarily my 1st or even second choice, but I would take that kind of ďover ratedĒ right now.
Overall
171Ė64
Bowls
11Ė7
Accomplishments and honors
Championships
As Head Coach:
2 SEC (2002, 2005)
5 SEC Eastern Division (2002Ė2003, 2005, 2011Ė2012)
1 ACC Coastal Division (2017)

mckinneyhog5

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2019, 10:52:46 am »

Dave Doeren At NC State should get a look but don't know if he'd leave State. Scratch that, he just signed a 5 year deal back in March.

ballinhog

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2019, 11:21:43 am »

Rhett Lashlee

NYCRBACK

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2019, 11:28:07 am »

I am hoping for Houston Nutt! Time to get the gang back together!

Hawginj

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2019, 11:39:35 am »

Not saying no to your list. Just no to Dowell Loggains.

I would be excited to see Kiffin or Norvell here.
understood yes no Loggains

Bash

« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2019, 11:42:56 am »

Then failed miserably at the U and quit. He's not coming back to coaching

I wouldn't call a 26-13 record a miserable failure.

Hawginj

« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2019, 11:45:49 am »

I wouldn't call a 26-13 record a miserable failure.
it was bad enough he quit

Jean Lafitte

• Varsity
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2019, 12:00:21 pm »

Like I just responded in another thread, Butch Davis is the answer if we make a change soon.

1. Proven winning record even after a rebuild at a sanctioned program.

2. Proven team builder (2001 Miami team is arguably the greatest college football team ever assembled. He left in 2000 to coach in the NFL, but it was his team, recruits, coaches).

3. Known name and proven recruiter.

4. He has said more than once publicly that he WANTS to HC at Arkansas.

His only downside is his age. All that means is hes not a long term solution as a HC. We dont need him to be. Let him come in, rebuild this program, retire in 4 or 5 years if he wants to, and help us pick a replacement.

No doubt in my mind he's the best man for the job and hes actually a realistic choice.

ballinhog

« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2019, 12:15:01 pm »

Rhett Lashlee Head Coach.
John Thompson DC. Heís at a high school in Georgia putting up Wisconsin like defensive numbers. And before anyone says not another high school coach, Thompson has tons of college coaching experience. And his defense is fun, play fast, and we were pretty good last time he was here.

Butch Davis Assistant Head Coach/Defensive line coach.

Fill in the staff from there lol will never happen. Some may jump off a cliff if it does happen, but hey at this point, why not

Hawginj

« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2019, 12:33:52 pm »

Like I just responded in another thread, Butch Davis is the answer if we make a change soon.

1. Proven winning record even after a rebuild at a sanctioned program.

2. Proven team builder (2001 Miami team is arguably the greatest college football team ever assembled. He left in 2000 to coach in the NFL, but it was his team, recruits, coaches).

3. Known name and proven recruiter.

4. He has said more than once publicly that he WANTS to HC at Arkansas.

His only downside is his age. All that means is hes not a long term solution as a HC. We dont need him to be. Let him come in, rebuild this program, retire in 4 or 5 years if he wants to, and help us pick a replacement.

No doubt in my mind he's the best man for the job and hes actually a realistic choice.
Well you would be wrong In my mind! But hey we all have opinions!

Hawginj

« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2019, 12:34:58 pm »

Rhett Lashlee Head Coach.
John Thompson DC. Heís at a high school in Georgia putting up Wisconsin like defensive numbers. And before anyone says not another high school coach, Thompson has tons of college coaching experience. And his defense is fun, play fast, and we were pretty good last time he was here.

Butch Davis Assistant Head Coach/Defensive line coach.

Fill in the staff from there lol will never happen. Some may jump off a cliff if it does happen, but hey at this point, why not
Retread, COG, 🤮

ballinhog

« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2019, 12:43:25 pm »

Retread, COG, 🤮

Youíre one of my inevitable cliff jumpers lol 😂

Hawginj

« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2019, 12:45:00 pm »

Youíre one of my inevitable cliff jumpers lol 😂
Naw I'm a fire starter! I don't need to jump off a cliff.

ballinhog

« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2019, 12:45:51 pm »

Retread, COG, 🤮

Weíre just talking here man. As long as thereís the thought or hope of a coaching change there will be a thousand more suggestions listed on here. Heck Iíll probably post a dozen more myself. So yea, keep your breakfast up lol

ballinhog

« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2019, 12:46:56 pm »

Naw I'm a fire starter! I don't need to jump off a cliff.

Well hell yea thatís right up my alley.

Letís go!!!!!!  I got the extinguishers ready

Hawginj

« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2019, 12:47:45 pm »

Weíre just talking here man. As long as thereís the thought or hope of a coaching change there will be a thousand more suggestions listed on here. Heck Iíll probably post a dozen more myself. So yea, keep your breakfast up lol
Lol I understand we are just talking. Just if folks are gonna talk about have some common sense about it or at least some knowledge about it. Just saying!

Hawginj

« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2019, 12:48:09 pm »

Well hell yea thatís right up my alley.

Letís go!!!!!!  I got the extinguishers ready
where you want to start!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas