• 10,546,575 Posts
• 415,604 Topics
• 23,821 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: perspective  (Read 1229 times)

hawgtime

perspective
« on: October 15, 2019, 03:18:57 pm »

in the middle of all of this, our football team and coaches have to ...

go to class and stay eligible.
prepare for Auburn
continue a tough SEC west conference gauntlet
prepare the offense to execute
stress fundamentals on defense
build team unity
care for young men's fragile confidence in their abilities to perform at the highest level in the best conference in college football.
try to recruit and convince other young men to join the cause

Whew! 

and we are hacking at the coaches and players!

GO HOGS!!!!

al_pigcino

Re: perspective
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 03:19:34 pm »

prepare for Auburn
build team unity
care for young men's fragile confidence in their abilities to perform at the highest level in the best conference in college football.

Whew! 

GO HOGS!!!!
Which of those have they done?

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

PorkSoda

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 03:24:46 pm »

Its definitely a tough time for the players right now.  I feel for them more than the coaches or the fans.  They came to arkansas on the word of chad morris, that he could build something great here.  He has failed to deliver even a sliver of that.  Its not the 4 point loss to kentucky that has me concerned.  its the decommits, and transfers.  If he can't hold the team together, he has no chance.

We need a new coach, and hopefully a big name who can generate some excitement in the program.  Short of that, we need a proven coach with a long history that can at least get the program back to 6-7 wins.  At that point when the program is no longer a dumpster fire, we might have a better chance at landing a big name coach that can take the program to the next level.

regi

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • The Chad, is Gone
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2019, 03:34:32 pm »

Feel for the players, not the Coaches. 2-4, and have not played a team, with a current winning record, in a very down SEC cycle of quality teams. Morris put this staff together, one former Clempsun GA after another on offense, and the over the hill gang and their High School Coach on defense. This is Chad's mess, he is payed well for it, as are all the Coaches. They will land on their feet. Maybe all this distraction will help. They had two weeks to focus on a WR, playing QB, that they forced to throw only 8 times. Didn't work well. I do not feel bad for this staff at all. On the bright side, Aggie Chad will have all the time he needs soon, to go watch Chandler play.

tusked

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Clapton is god....but SRV was the big bang!
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2019, 03:44:03 pm »

prepare for Auburn
build team unity

Whew! 

GO HOGS!!!!

Life's hard.

Hogdomer

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2019, 03:48:12 pm »

Which of those have they done?

Continue the tough SEC West gauntlet?  We haven't started it yet.  Neither Ole Miss nor A&M are very good.

widespreadsooie

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2019, 03:48:21 pm »

prepare for Auburn
build team unity

Whew! 

GO HOGS!!!!

We need different types of fans like the world needs ditch diggers.

ricepig

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2019, 03:52:01 pm »

Its definitely a tough time for the players right now.  I feel for them more than the coaches or the fans.  They came to arkansas on the word of chad morris, that he could build something great here.  He has failed to deliver even a sliver of that.  Its not the 4 point loss to kentucky that has me concerned.  its the decommits, and transfers.  If he can't hold the team together, he has no chance.

We need a new coach, and hopefully a big name who can generate some excitement in the program.  Short of that, we need a proven coach with a long history that can at least get the program back to 6-7 wins.  At that point when the program is no longer a dumpster fire, we might have a better chance at landing a big name coach that can take the program to the next level.

We have one player in the transfer portal, and have about average of SEC teams in decommits, Iíd at least wait until those numbers increase dramatically, or the season plays out to go crazy. I donít expect but one more win, but I didnít think USCe would beat Georgia. And no, Iím not a big Morris fan, but I donít think heís lost everyone(team/commits) yet.

PorkSoda

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2019, 03:57:50 pm »

We have one player in the transfer portal, and have about average of SEC teams in decommits, Iíd at least wait until those numbers increase dramatically, or the season plays out to go crazy. I donít expect but one more win, but I didnít think USCe would beat Georgia. And no, Iím not a big Morris fan, but I donít think heís lost everyone(team/commits) yet.
Not yet, but he is teetering on disaster.  How the next six weeks plays out will determine his fate.  Year 3 is no longer a given.  A loss to surging WKY team would seal his fate.

OkieBack

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2019, 04:07:03 pm »

Not yet, but he is teetering on disaster.  How the next six weeks plays out will determine his fate.  Year 3 is no longer a given.  A loss to surging WKY team would seal his fate.

Yes, Chad Morris will decide his own fate in the next six weeks.  If he somehow miraculously pulls out 2 wins then he may just salvage his job for another year. 

But I just don't expect it anymore.  I thought as bad as Kentucky looked that we would get our first SEC win.  Then Arkansas played like Arkansas under Morris. 

Until they can go out and play a full game like they played the 4th QTR against CSU I am just not getting my hopes up anymore. 

I would hope that the coaches could put it together and beat a couple of teams in the next 2 weeks.  But as crappy of teams as SJS and Kentucky have been and we stumbled against these teams...how can we expect to win against anyone in the latter half of this season?  Morris better hope and pray a ton the next six weeks.  He's gonna need it.

Hogwild

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2019, 07:31:38 pm »

the collective swings of emotions the past four games has been incredible

Super high after scoring 55 points on Col State, the lowest of lows a week later with SJS, then a pair of 4 point loss to SEC teams on the road but completely different reactions.

There is still a lot of football to be played this season.

BassinHawg

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2019, 07:32:57 pm »

prepare for Auburn
build team unity

Whew! 

GO HOGS!!!!

Other schools don't have to do all that?

Pork Twain

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2019, 07:38:43 pm »

Oh man, those poor coaches have a job, maybe they can start doing it

porkrindjimmy

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2019, 07:38:57 pm »

prepare for Auburn
build team unity

Whew! 

GO HOGS!!!!

I nearly cut my finger off yesterday. I am walking around with some sort of pneumonia. Miss Alabama is sick. I had some dust up with a vato in Dallas today. Yet, I got up and put in a good 14 hour day and it's not over for me.

Time for them to toughen up. A snowflake society has caused part of this problem we have....

PRJ

TheEnemy

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2019, 07:44:54 pm »

prepare for Auburn
build team unity

Whew! 

GO HOGS!!!!

Is that it?

Perspective.....Most people have alot bigger problems and/or stresses than that.

HogBreath

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2019, 07:54:31 pm »

care for young men's fragile confidence in their abilities to perform at the highest level

Was it really necessary to bring up how fragile they are?  For crying out loud.  Sheeze Louise,

hotdog hog

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2019, 07:58:41 pm »

I will give the staff a lil bit of credit. The players interviews today, they seemed to be more optimistic than I expected. This team could easily be 6-0 and I think they realize that. Maybe we get lucky and win the turnover battle this Saturday and make a game of it. We were bigger dogs in Dallas.

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Nadine Coyle shakin it for the Hogs!!!!
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2019, 08:11:16 pm »

the collective swings of emotions the past four games has been incredible

Super high after scoring 55 points on Col State, the lowest of lows a week later with SJS, then a pair of 4 point loss to SEC teams on the road but completely different reactions.

There is still a lot of football to be played this season.

There is a lot of football to be played, no doubt about it. But there is a lot of negative that can come from players not losing faith in each other, but in their staff. I'm not saying that this is the case here, but the potential seems to be there.

I've seen it before when I watched a team lose 5 games in a season by a grand total of 13 points. Want to talk about frustration? A team goes 5-5 when they could have easily been 10-0? Predictable and easily scouted play calling can turn a 10 win team into a team that achieves nothing remarkable when they were capable of so much more and it wasn't for lack of effort or motivation. They too, fought all the way to the end, winning the last game of the season to avoid going 4-6.

Coaching staff and in-game calls can make a huge difference.

HAWG_LEGZ

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2019, 02:34:56 pm »

prepare for Auburn
build team unity

Whew! 

GO HOGS!!!!

Pay me that kind of money and I'll do all of that. Plus, I'll throw in try to win for no extra charge..

jj202020

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2019, 09:32:46 pm »

Iíve talked to 4 different kids on the team. 2 starters, 2 reserves.  They are frustrated that they havenít been able to close games.  Not a single one of those 4 blame the coaching staff.  Thatís a small sample size, but a lot more telling than what Hogville or the media thinks.  That does not reflect my feelings, but actual team members.

hawaiianhogster

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2019, 09:53:09 pm »

We aren't getting a big name coach to come here. We don't have 12 million dollars per year to pay him. You will be stuck with another hopeful playing at mediocre at best.

But you want to win now so to heck with the future. Go ahead and ruin what Chad is trying to build. Then do the same thing to the next coach cause he won't win an SEC championship or even get there because he will probably only win 5 to 8 games every other year. It will take him 2 to 3 years to start winning enough games to go bowling.

But yea he might beat the little sisters of football. Yippee!

PorkSoda

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2019, 10:04:38 pm »

We aren't getting a big name coach to come here. We don't have 12 million dollars per year to pay him. You will be stuck with another hopeful playing at mediocre at best.

But you want to win now so to heck with the future. Go ahead and ruin what Chad is trying to build. Then do the same thing to the next coach cause he won't win an SEC championship or even get there because he will probably only win 5 to 8 games every other year. It will take him 2 to 3 years to start winning enough games to go bowling.

But yea he might beat the little sisters of football. Yippee!
you shouldn't judge coaches you never met just because Morris sucks.

show me another coach with Morris's record that kept their job?

SMB Hogfan

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2019, 09:36:53 am »

This^

al_pigcino

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2019, 09:42:18 am »

But you want to win now so to heck with the future. Go ahead and ruin what Chad is trying to build.
What has he shown that gives you hope for building?  He is on par recruiting, he is below average on winning, and he does the exact opposite of what he says he will do (hammer down, eh?).

I don't know where the "he recruits out of his mind" status is coming from.  He is literally in the 20s just like CBB. 

LRhawg926

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2019, 09:44:35 am »

Crazy we are just now getting into the toughest part of the schedule. Auburn this weekend, then Bama, in a few weeks, LSU (Which is probably the #1 team in the West), and finish off with Mizzou. Hope we come out healthy.

Redhogs

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2019, 09:50:06 am »

Was it really necessary to bring up how fragile they are?  For crying out loud.  Sheeze Louise,
Chad does enough of that....

Redhogs

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2019, 09:52:54 am »

Can't.

Hog Fan...DOH!

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Your site for Razorback news.
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2019, 10:06:30 am »

I'm ready for a "Razuhback Merrahcal".  Frank, if you're watching...

Superhog1959

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2019, 10:11:34 am »

My perspective is that the SJS game opened a lot of our eyes to a truth that I sure didn't want to admit to. To me its not so much our record to this point, but seeing so much indecision and inorganization with the team, from a coaching stand point.
JMO but I think if we don't win at least 2 more games this year, coach will be gone. 

texas tush hog

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2019, 10:14:48 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas