• 10,794,538 Posts
• 421,212 Topics
• 24,753 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AEW / NXT / WWE  (Read 497 times)

Dr. Starcs

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Tell me what you don't like about yourself.
AEW / NXT / WWE
« on: October 15, 2019, 02:49:16 pm »

Hasnít been much action on this board. Just saw Bischoff is no longer with wwe. I wonder if aew will bring him on board.

Also, letís hear some of your thoughts on whatís going on in the pro wrestling world. Wrestlers you really like/dislike, storylines youíd like to see. Anything?

TNhogfan

Re: AEW / NXT / WWE
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2019, 04:53:26 pm »

I would be surprised to see Bischoff in AEW, but you never can tell in wrestling.  He was seemingly hired to be Vince's scapegoat when things did not go right.  Strange bringing a guy in who had not paid attention to the product in a long time by his own admission.  IF Vince would truly let Heyman and Prichard run each show and compete against one another to see who could do the best it could be interesting. 

The Wednesday night wars are more interesting than RAW or Smackdown.   I am a big NXT fan and have been enjoying the live shows.   The in ring product I think is better on NXT than AEW.  There are rumors NXT will be taking TV on the road after the first of the year.   Full Sail was great for the taped shows, but the AEW shows in mid-sized arenas appears more big time than the small crowd at Full Sail.   AEW has lots of excitement; putting on good shows and mixing young with veterans.  I've not had a chance to watch this week's shows, but so far have enjoyed both promotions.   I do think both need to do better at introducing characters and having promos.  Neither need to do as Vince and have 20 minute promos, but some 45 - 90 seconds talking points as well as may 2 or 3 minute vignettes to establish who these people are.  Not surprised AEW is winning the ratings so far, but they do need to give fans a reason to cheer or boo the different wrestlers. 

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

TNhogfan

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2019, 04:59:03 pm »

I am enjoying almost as much as NXT and AEW the new NWA studio show each Tuesday on YouTube.  I was not expecting much, but the first two episodes has been a welcome change and great throwback to the studio days.  Key is going to be if they can figure out how to monetize this so Corgan is not paying out of his pocket for everything.  I know on an upcoming episode the Rock n Roll Express will win the NWA tag titles.  Those guys are in their 60s now but can still work.  If someone enjoyed studio wrestling of the old days and only has 60 minutes to watch wrestling this is a good one to watch.   New shows come on YouTube every Tuesday at 6:05 ET/5:05 CT just like Georgia Wrestling used to on WTBS.  Then it is available on demand on YouTube.  This is no thrills, old time athletic based wrestling.  Jim Cornette is one of the announcers.

jbcarol

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2019, 07:42:52 pm »

I saw Rock and Rollers take on Bryan Alvarez and Tom Lawlor (Chop n Roll Express) from the front row last year and it was a lot of fun. Sad that the crowd seemed to not know who they were and they had a lonely signing table for the most part.

TNhogfan

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2019, 12:37:10 pm »

I saw Rock and Rollers take on Bryan Alvarez and Tom Lawlor (Chop n Roll Express) from the front row last year and it was a lot of fun. Sad that the crowd seemed to not know who they were and they had a lonely signing table for the most part.
I think that was one of Alvarez' last match.  He talked about it quite a bit on WO Radio.  Morton lives about 15 miles from me.  I've never seen him around town, but have friends who have ran into him a few times.  Morton/Gibson could go back in 1984-85.

jbcarol

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2019, 06:55:17 pm »

AEW did show what it can be like for a performer to win in their home town.

Dr. Britt Baker won via submission in Brittsburgh.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas