• 10,546,451 Posts
• 415,600 Topics
• 23,821 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Hes' Gone......just let it ride.........  (Read 7142 times)

lumphog

• All-American Hogvillian
  • I love this picture
Re: Hes' Gone......just let it ride.........
« Reply #100 on: October 15, 2019, 07:18:06 pm »

Look I'm not happy either, but one or two more wins gets him next year.

THAT.... is not gonna happen. He will not win another game.

goodguytex

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #101 on: October 15, 2019, 07:26:13 pm »

I have no idea what's gonna happen with Morris. Mike Irwin stated in a previous installment of pig trail that Morris cleaning out the roster and showing so many players the door doesn't happen without the AD signing off on it. With understanding being he'd need a little time for the 2nd youngest team in D1 football to get experience and get better.

Now I don't know how accurate that is. But if it is accurate, Morris chances of being fired at the end of the year are low. But with the recruiting class being so bad, and no sign of improvement really at all, I know it's possible. I just don't like the odds of it happening after this season.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

rhames

« Reply #102 on: October 15, 2019, 07:28:57 pm »

THAT.... is not gonna happen. He will not win another game.

Hey I wish I was that confident. You could probably make some extra dough. 6 games left.

goodguytex

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #103 on: October 15, 2019, 07:33:58 pm »

Hey I wish I was that confident. You could probably make some extra dough. 6 games left.
I dont think we will win another game this year. I think the team will get so beat up and demoralized the next 2 weeks, they just don't have it in them to win another 1. Will that be enough to get him fired?? Maybe.

rhames

« Reply #104 on: October 15, 2019, 07:38:16 pm »

I dont think we will win another game this year. I think the team will get so beat up and demoralized the next 2 weeks, they just don't have it in them to win another 1. Will that be enough to get him fired?? Maybe.

Possibly. But you have to let it play out. 6 games left.

Rudy Baylor

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • "Fire him and I'm coming home." Billy Ferrell
« Reply #105 on: October 15, 2019, 07:42:24 pm »

Morris cleaning out the roster and showing so many players the door doesn't happen without the AD signing off on it. With understanding being he'd need a little time for the 2nd youngest team in D1 football to get experience and get better.

in the history of the game, that's not the way it's supposed to go down

they're your players the day you sign on the dotted line

maybe you need to run 3 or 4 off, but this "cleaning out the roster" crap is a new invention of losers

(notOM)Rebel123

« Reply #106 on: October 15, 2019, 07:45:29 pm »

I hurt ricepig's feelings

No you didn’t.....and won’t  ;)

Bacons Rebellion

• Pig puns are so boaring.
« Reply #107 on: October 15, 2019, 07:50:20 pm »

My point is, if they are too chick**** to sign it, they don't believe in their ability to lead/coach a program. Due to that, we do not need them to be the next coach at the UA.

Or it just means they can get a better contract offer from someone else.

goodguytex

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #108 on: October 15, 2019, 07:56:37 pm »

in the history of the game, that's not the way it's supposed to go down

they're your players the day you sign on the dotted line

maybe you need to run 3 or 4 off, but this "cleaning out the roster" crap is a new invention of losers
I agree completely with you. But Irwin think Morris felt it was necessary for long term benefit of the program and only way Morris gets to do it is with yurachek approving it. I have no idea what actually happened.

dpetty121263

« Reply #109 on: October 15, 2019, 07:57:49 pm »

It's way too early. 6 games left. If he wins one more I'd bet he is safe. 2 more wins guarantees it.

You can tell the movement has started though. He is officially on the hot seat.

No the long knifes are out and coming for him....the clock in nearing midnight.

goodguytex

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #110 on: October 15, 2019, 07:58:17 pm »

Possibly. But you have to let it play out. 6 games left.
exactly right. A lot can happen between now and end of the season. But our recruiting ain't looking good right now.

Rudy Baylor

« Reply #111 on: October 15, 2019, 07:58:56 pm »

I agree completely with you. But Irwin think Morris felt it was necessary for long term benefit of the program and only way Morris gets to do it is with yurachek approving it. I have no idea what actually happened.

then maybe Yurachek was a mistake too

GoHogs1091

• Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #112 on: October 15, 2019, 08:02:09 pm »

He knew Bielema and Morris would suck as coaches?

David Pryor objected because of a lack of financial feasibility.

He got overruled by incompetence.

deltahawg

• Walk-On
« Reply #113 on: October 15, 2019, 08:05:59 pm »

hate to say this but, hogs will be lucky to beat western Kentucky on homecoming weekend.   and the rest of the schedule????? not much to be optimistic about. murders row of very successful sec teams.   maybe next year?? maybe the next year??? etc. etc. etc.

ricepig

« Reply #114 on: October 15, 2019, 08:11:54 pm »

David Pryor objected because of a lack of financial feasibility.

He got overruled by incompetence.

Yeah, he did so well in Washington.....

ICEman

« Reply #115 on: October 15, 2019, 08:19:08 pm »

We can continue laying an egg year after year in the SEC and still cash a $45,000,000 check. Win or lose, we get to cash a mid 8 figure check.

hawgon

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #116 on: October 15, 2019, 08:33:48 pm »

I believe people who want CCM gone are trying to build a groundswell of momentum to force him out.  There are still 3 winnable games out there.  (Mississippi State, WK, and Mizzou).  A lot could happen between now and the day after Thanksgiving.  Yes, we could lose out this year, and I believe that would be the end of CCM at Arkansas, but that is not a done deal as of 10/15/19.  Maybe $12 million or so is not a lot of money to Jerry Jones or the University of Arkansas, but it is to me and to most Hog fans.

Mizzou beats us by four touchdowns at a minimum.

Jonbo

« Reply #117 on: October 15, 2019, 08:34:43 pm »

I used to agree Morris needed 3 years.  But at what expense?  This the Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald!!!
"The cook said 'Boys, it's been good to know ya''". (or something.)

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #118 on: October 15, 2019, 09:08:26 pm »

In a perfect world, yes, but no sane person in the coaching profession is agreeing to that. Too many variables involved.

And potential other offers that doesn't have that.

#hammerdown

• Hogvillian
  • Bring Back the Chrome Dome
« Reply #119 on: October 15, 2019, 09:36:33 pm »

Hogville cracks me up.  In this thread we have Bush playing WR and Missouri being a winnable game.

I said 6 to 7 wins before the season started.  After the Ole Miss game I still believed it.  Now I don’t think we beat WK.  And if Ty Storey comes in here and lights up the defense it will be the end of the road.

I said there is no way CCM gets fired before the end of three years.  It is looking like I will be wrong.

Mississippi State and WKU are winnable games for a below average team.  I don’t like our chances in either.

If we find a way to win 2 more games he stays.  I just don’t think that happens

RockyMtnHog

« Reply #120 on: October 15, 2019, 10:18:28 pm »

I still can't wrap my head around Chavis defense not being to stop a Wr playing Qb in the second half.  As usual, opposing Qbs put up career high against Chavis defense two years in a row.  Just pathetic...

People laughed at me last week when I said that we make a 4th String QB look like a Heisman winner.  It is even worse that a WR playing QB tore our butts up.  For the next two weeks we are going to get our butts handed to us on a silver platter.

Rudy Baylor

« Reply #121 on: October 15, 2019, 10:33:08 pm »

No you didn’t.....and won’t  ;)

he's devastated

Three and Snout

« Reply #122 on: October 15, 2019, 10:46:40 pm »

People laughed at me last week when I said that we make a 4th String QB look like a Heisman winner.  It is even worse that a WR playing QB tore our butts up.  For the next two weeks we are going to get our butts handed to us on a silver platter.

It'll be pewter, and we'll get lead poisoning.

GoHogs1091

• Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #123 on: October 15, 2019, 10:55:18 pm »

Yeah, he did so well in Washington.....

You must be confusing David Pryor with his son, Mark Pryor.

David was very good in Washington.  John Boozman and Tom Cotton are amateurs compared to David.

David rightly knew there was going to be a financial problem regarding the North End Zone expansion.

Gonzo

« Reply #124 on: October 15, 2019, 11:04:24 pm »

No coach would agree to that contract. At least not the ones we can get.

I agree. I may not like it, few do, but that's the way the game is played at this level now. Elite programs may have a bit more leverage, the Hogs aren't one of those.

That being said, I do think it's reasonable to make a change at this point, whether right now or at season's end.

Go Hogs!

Pigsknuckles

• When you least expect it...
« Reply #125 on: October 15, 2019, 11:16:01 pm »

It's way too early. 6 games left. If he wins one more I'd bet he is safe. 2 more wins guarantees it.

You can tell the movement has started though. He is officially on the hot seat.

If he get's us to a bowl, we're screwed.

hawaiianhogster

• Varsity
« Reply #126 on: October 15, 2019, 11:36:29 pm »

Chad and the coaches have my support until they are fired. If he's here for 10 more years I will support them. Stop speaking for all Fans and Boosters. They all don't want him to fail. Just a few of you on here seem to want him to fail and try to get everyone else to believe your B.S.

Nobody is getting fired until the season is over and even then he might be back for year 3 depending on how they end the season.

Please get over yourselves thinking you know everything about coaching and play calling and who should be our head coach next year.

I'm not a bandwagon fan. I'm a true fan. I don't go around bringing up a bunch of STUPID negativity about everything in the program.

You know what you guys are saying when you blame the coach for losing a few games? Your also saying the players aren't doing their job because they can't seem to play football good enough to win close games. That's what your really saying.

I bet the players take it to heart when they read your negative posts. I bet they blame some of that on themselves because they are the ones playing the freaking game of football on the field. You win and lose as a team. The coach can't make you lose. The assistant coaches can't make you lose. They set you up for success in practice so you can win during the games. They have done it before. That is why they are here. No reason they can't do it now.

BethesdaBoar

« Reply #127 on: October 15, 2019, 11:54:09 pm »

You been following me around?

Rascals ain’t got but three or four HP, do they?

I_Called_That_Play_Brotha

« Reply #128 on: October 16, 2019, 12:19:41 am »

We can continue laying an egg year after year in the SEC and still cash a $45,000,000 check. Win or lose, we get to cash a mid 8 figure check.

Which is why winning is irrelevant.

We're in this conference for the cash.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #129 on: October 16, 2019, 08:51:48 am »

David was very good in Washington.  John Boozman and Tom Cotton are amateurs compared to David.

David rightly knew there was going to be a financial problem regarding the North End Zone expansion.

Disagree. David was a halfway decent Governor but was not good in Washington. But the thing for this thread is he had no clue how the NEZ would turn out financially. If we were winning right now it would be a huge help I'll admit. He didn't know how any coach would do though. Nobody does.

ArkieBacon

• Varsity
  • HogBall Tue. Nov. 12 @ 7:00 PM
« Reply #130 on: October 16, 2019, 10:09:59 am »

Boys he's done......I don't care if he beats Western Kentucky and Miss State.  In fact if he loses to Western Kentucky he may not make it to the locker room before he's fired.

It would have to be an absolute crapshoot against WKU before HY fires CCM on the field.
CCM gets to finish the season. I would be completely shocked if they fire him before season end.

nwahogfan1

« Reply #131 on: October 16, 2019, 10:20:26 am »

Boys their ain't no way Chad gets year 3..........Fan base is gone, Boosters are gone, media has turned, players transferring and recruits decommitting.   The writing is on the wall and please quit with the buyout is to much crap.  This is division 1 SEC college football that has more money than WELLS Fargo so just stop with that crap!!!!  The powers at be bring that up because they don't want to go thru another coaching search and i understand it but it's their job and so roll your sleeves up and go to work.  Chad is as good as gone, i wish they would just go ahead and do it and tell the players and recruits that we are gonna hire them a quality coach.

HY is probable making a list of coaches who might be interested on coming on board but unless the RF or/and the Boosters tell HY to fire Morris or else then I think he gets another year.    I am not sure Morris is our answer long term but changing coaches is not always the best answer.  Many coaches on this list have been at their current school only a few years and was suppose to be the answer and have failed.

liljo

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #132 on: October 16, 2019, 10:23:17 am »

Probably nailed it.

It's like the whole UofA football program only exists to make a handful of very rich people even more rich. Keep the facilities up to date and pile up bank for some top shot-callers. Fans, be darned.

Pennywise

« Reply #133 on: October 16, 2019, 10:25:45 am »

That is correct. 

ricepig

« Reply #134 on: October 16, 2019, 10:27:46 am »

No, I made the correct correlation. What financial problem is there? They are selling the suites, loge boxes and club seats to pay the cost of their part, seems like you don’t have a clue.

Hawginj

« Reply #135 on: October 16, 2019, 10:29:03 am »

I may be mistaken but I'm pretty sure you make a little more money when  you win!

Jules Winnfield

« Reply #136 on: October 16, 2019, 10:30:01 am »

Chad and the coaches have my support until they are fired. If he's here for 10 more years I will support them. Stop speaking for all Fans and Boosters. They all don't want him to fail. Just a few of you on here seem to want him to fail and try to get everyone else to believe your B.S.

Nobody is getting fired until the season is over and even then he might be back for year 3 depending on how they end the season.

Please get over yourselves thinking you know everything about coaching and play calling and who should be our head coach next year.

I'm not a bandwagon fan. I'm a true fan. I don't go around bringing up a bunch of STUPID negativity about everything in the program.

You know what you guys are saying when you blame the coach for losing a few games? Your also saying the players aren't doing their job because they can't seem to play football good enough to win close games. That's what your really saying.

I bet the players take it to heart when they read your negative posts. I bet they blame some of that on themselves because they are the ones playing the freaking game of football on the field. You win and lose as a team. The coach can't make you lose. The assistant coaches can't make you lose. They set you up for success in practice so you can win during the games. They have done it before. That is why they are here. No reason they can't do it now.

nobody wants him to fail. he has failed

OkieBack

« Reply #137 on: October 16, 2019, 11:58:56 am »

I don't buy it.  There have been plenty of coaches who lived on the edge and were one ball game away from being fired and then boom...a light bulb comes on for the players. 

Most recently...go back and review how Mizzou's s 2017 season was going for Barry Odom and Heupel until they put it all together.  They reeled off an amazing string of wins the 2nd half of that year and probably turned the program around for Barry Odom.  Up until game 6 or 7 the fans were about ready to shoot Odom until they went on that winning streak. 

Grizzlyfan

« Reply #138 on: October 16, 2019, 12:00:13 pm »

We do have some financial issues right now but t I didn’t ask Jeff to mortgage our near term future on the NEZ project.
Did Jeff ask the Board of Trustees?

GoHogs1091

• Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #139 on: October 16, 2019, 03:58:47 pm »

No, I made the correct correlation. What financial problem is there? They are selling the suites, loge boxes and club seats to pay the cost of their part, seems like you don’t have a clue.

A massive debt load.

Sales have got to be sub-par considering the team can't even win at home against San Jose State.

elviscat

« Reply #140 on: October 16, 2019, 04:50:24 pm »

The question is: Who would want to come to this "Dumpster Fire 2" and coach. This situation will not be of interest to anyone. Maybe they could hire Norvell from Memphis if they could get lucky, our fan base is killing this program.

Sivad

« Reply #141 on: October 16, 2019, 05:40:42 pm »

Sales have got to be sub-par considering the team can't even win at home against San Jose State.
Talk about wait till next year - a third season of Chad Morris will empty the stadium.

Hawginj

« Reply #142 on: October 16, 2019, 06:13:22 pm »

The question is: Who would want to come to this "Dumpster Fire 2" and coach. This situation will not be of interest to anyone. Maybe they could hire Norvell from Memphis if they could get lucky, our fan base is killing this program.
lol the fools who hired Morris are killing/ have  killed the program.  The fans are trying to save it

ricepig

« Reply #143 on: October 16, 2019, 06:22:17 pm »

A massive debt load.

They don’t sell the suites on a per game basis, lol. Our debt load by athletic department is still good, compared to lots of P5 teams and our SEC brethren. Pryor didn’t have a problem being for debt for projects that helped in re-elections, lots of irony here.

GoHogs1091

• Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #144 on: October 16, 2019, 06:51:19 pm »

They don’t sell the suites on a per game basis, lol. Our debt load by athletic department is still good, compared to lots of P5 teams and our SEC brethren. Pryor didn’t have a problem being for debt for projects that helped in re-elections, lots of irony here.

The bottom line is it was a misguided expansion, rightly pointed out by David Pryor, who is savvy and who knows how things operate in the real world.

The incompetence of the rest kept him from convincing them.

ricepig

« Reply #145 on: October 16, 2019, 06:55:35 pm »

The bottom line is it was a misguided expansion, rightly pointed out by David Pryor, who is savvy and who knows how things operate in the real world.

The incompetence of the rest kept him from convincing them.

All Pryor cared about was if the students were getting any seats, they don’t fill up their allotment now, and they aren’t paying for it.

GoHogs1091

• Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #146 on: October 16, 2019, 07:11:30 pm »

All Pryor cared about was if the students were getting any seats, they don’t fill up their allotment now, and they aren’t paying for it.

Pryor's own words.

...Some months ago I proposed that we adopt the “cost/benefit test” as we proceeded to decide this project. As you know, the stadium expansion will be the largest bond issue in the history of higher education for the state of Arkansas. It is a monumental commitment of resources, and to some extent, our Board will be establishing by our support that a few luxury boxes and special seats in a football stadium used six times a year is the highest priority for the institution we all revere and serve. I personally do not believe this project is the highest priority for the University of Arkansas.

It is now estimate that “only” $120 million will be required of bonded indebtedness, given that $40 million of private funds can be applied to the expansion. Assuming a bond issue of $120 million, the 20-year cost of principal, interest and servicing fees, we are facing an obligation of approximately $186 million dollars!

… We have just raised tuition, thus adding to the backbreaking debt load our students and their families bear. With state funding for higher education stagnant, where do we get the dollars for future classrooms for the fast growing student population? How do we equip our labs and find scholarship support? Can we continue being in last place in faculty salaries, according to the Southern Regional Education Board (176 southern states)? Are we to accept as a given fact that we are 45th in the nation of those states with the lowest percentage of college degrees? And is our answer to these and many other questions going to be, “Let’s use our resources to add 3,000 luxury boxes and high end seats for our football stadium?

A South Arkansas banker e-mailed me that this project is “ill advised.” Another wrote: “How many student scholarships could we provide with these millions of dollars?” Several former University Trustees have recently stated their opposition to the North End expansion.

https://arktimes.com/arkansas-blog/2016/06/16/update-ua-board-approves-razorback-stadium-expansion-over-pryor-objections

hogbbq

« Reply #147 on: October 16, 2019, 07:16:54 pm »

Boys their ain't no way Chad gets year 3..........Fan base is gone, Boosters are gone, media has turned, players transferring and recruits decommitting.   The writing is on the wall and please quit with the buyout is to much crap.  This is division 1 SEC college football that has more money than WELLS Fargo so just stop with that crap!!!!  The powers at be bring that up because they don't want to go thru another coaching search and i understand it but it's their job and so roll your sleeves up and go to work.  Chad is as good as gone, i wish they would just go ahead and do it and tell the players and recruits that we are gonna hire them a quality coach.
Judging from the last hire and maybe last 2, can we fill good about the next hire?  Maybe they will allow a write in campaign from fans and we can win that election hiring.

UofA🐗Alumna

« Reply #148 on: October 16, 2019, 08:45:14 pm »

“How many student scholarships could we provide with these millions of dollars?” Several former University Trustees have recently stated their opposition to the North End expansion.[/i]
This is where Pryor and anyone else who fed this line of bs loses any credibility.  This project is not funded by the university.  It's not funded by the students.  None of this money raised for the project was taken away from student scholarships.  In fact the money funded for the NEZ would not have existed without the project.  It's the equivalance of someone saying "Imagine all the homeless we could feed if Clemson football was shut down and the donations/ticket proceeds were given to the poor."

It's called concern trolling.

If Pryor was so concerned about student welfare and money being stolen from students then he would propose that every other athletic department in the state shut down their programs until they become self-sufficient like the Razorbacks.  He would have demanded asu, uca, uam etc. cut their programs until they quit relying on tax money and student fees.  BUT he didn't so he doesn't care.

Shoat

• Varsity
« Reply #149 on: October 16, 2019, 09:23:02 pm »

I understand it but Chads buyout is not going to be an issue.

The buyout would be pocket change for Uncle Jed Jerry Jones, but then he'd have to admit that he was wrong.  THAT will be the major obstacle
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas