• 10,681,665 Posts
• 418,476 Topics
• 24,565 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Today’s update 10/15/19  (Read 16827 times)

farfromgroovins

Re: Today’s update 10/15/19
« Reply #200 on: October 15, 2019, 11:59:26 am »

I knew it wouldn't take long for them to appear....

PRJ

Never claimed to be a Gus supporter but his results are something Hog fans should be extremely happy with.  If he wanted to come here, you take him.  His record proves it but it ain't happening.

At this point I would be happy with CBB type results.

RyanMallettsEgo

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Damn glad to meet you
« Reply #201 on: October 15, 2019, 11:59:49 am »

Always should have with the options he had.  Can't believe he turned down Dabo although competition to see the field will probably be deep there.

Yeah, just looked and Clemson pulled in the #4 ranked dual QB in 2019 and has the #1 ranked pro QB in 2020, all while Lawrence will be back next year.

Will be interesting to see where Chandler and Chad both end up, should all this go down.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Hawginj

« Reply #202 on: October 15, 2019, 12:00:55 pm »

Who sets it on fire?

Me? You? Pork? Hawgon?

These dudes are a different breed. And very seldom do they ever have a thought that mirrors another...very seldom.

I got told Sunday that while they thought Chad would've won a few more games, he really was left with below nothing when he took over.

That guy makes decision's.

And I was told Late, late Saturday night that another regal money man was beyond pissed off.

There is the essence of that Arkansas Duality thing.

PRJ
I don't doubt it one bit. This board is a representation of this state it's dyslexic, it's schizophrenic, it's certifiably crazy and its not unlike the brokers that make the decisions and that's how we ended up in this mess. You have the this faction and the that faction and some lost in the middle. When you should only have the Razorback faction and what benefits the team, the school and the State. Sadly I believe there are too many hands in the cookie jar only worried about stuffing their own face.

thebignasty

• This one goes to 11.
« Reply #203 on: October 15, 2019, 12:01:14 pm »

Maybe we can't heal until Gussy has had the opportunity to burn it to the ground himself.  I hate Gus' guts and it will be the first time I consider actively rooting for an Arkansas team to fail, but if that's what we have to endure to break the cycle and get past what is now 20 year old drama, so be it.

I'm hopeful that the fruits of the Mike Anderson experiment on the basketball program are that we can finally move out of the shadow of the past.  Maybe the football program needs that kind of closure, too.

Ex-Trumpet

• Gold Hogvillian
  • When life gives you lemons, get a boob job!
« Reply #204 on: October 15, 2019, 12:01:53 pm »

Yeah, just looked and Clemson pulled in the #4 ranked dual QB in 2019 and has the #1 ranked pro QB in 2020, all while Lawrence will be back next year.

Will be interesting to see where Chandler and Chad both end up, should all this go down.

Next year will most likely be Lawrence's last year at Clemson.

Hogtimes

« Reply #205 on: October 15, 2019, 12:02:03 pm »

This^^^^ people are pissed, but I haven’t heard of anyone letting their money get mad yet. I still think he gets another year, but that’s just my opinion.

I agree.  We have to  give him another year for a variety of reasons.

Bacons Rebellion

« Reply #206 on: October 15, 2019, 12:03:12 pm »

Two wins down the stretch are at this point are firmly within the “miraculous recovery” camp.

He won’t get two wins and he’ll be fired.

We have to figure that if Ty Story leads WKU to a win, Chad's gone, right? No way he survives to next year with that.

It's hard to say that beating Western Kentucky saves any coach a job in the SEC.

I think he has to beat WKU and Mississippi State (or pull out a miracle win) to make it to 2020.

Muleriderhog

• Hogvillian
  • For the love of God, please hire Drinkwitz
« Reply #207 on: October 15, 2019, 12:05:04 pm »

They don’t pull money already donated, and they don’t threaten the AD in week 6. No doubt you will hear this rumor 100s of times in next few months with no names actually mentioned....
You have no idea how it works, they are calling and saying that will not donate another dime till the clown is gone.

007 License To Squeal

• Global Moderator
  • Fmr USAF Combat Crew Titan II Launch Crew Member
« Reply #208 on: October 15, 2019, 12:05:14 pm »

I can think of none.  Why delay the inevitable?  There will be no more good recruiting classes........it's over......

SeldomHere

• All-American Hogvillian
  • My all-time favorite gender.
« Reply #209 on: October 15, 2019, 12:05:35 pm »

I like variety, please tell me what these reasons are.

porque

« Reply #210 on: October 15, 2019, 12:05:58 pm »

I don't doubt it one bit. This board is a representation of this state it's dyslexic, it's schizophrenic, it's certifiably crazy and its not unlike the brokers that make the decisions and that's how we ended up in this mess. You have the this faction and the that faction and some lost in the middle. When you should only have the Razorback faction and what benefits the team, the school and the State. Sadly I believe there are too many hands in the cookie jar only worried about stuffing their own face.

This board does not represent this state or the majority of Hog fans.  This is a small sliver of the fan base, a schizophrenic sliver.

hogfan446

• Senior
  • ThIS wAS SucH a TErRiBLE HiRE! - Love Hogville
« Reply #211 on: October 15, 2019, 12:06:08 pm »

I heard he always had a stipulation at OU, that if Arkansas ever offered he could go buyout free.

It is his dream job. I read that here.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

• I'M NOT PERFECT, BUT PARTS OF ME ARE EXCELLENT!
« Reply #212 on: October 15, 2019, 12:07:00 pm »

Well, the boys over around Delight think Chad gets to make staff changes and he gets one more year.

MaconBacon

« Reply #213 on: October 15, 2019, 12:07:08 pm »

Pfff....   You guys.....  The program has been so diluted coach after coach and now a horrible AD hire that is being haunted by the fat pockets that think writing checks is all that it takes and the kids will come...  Who wants to come here? Its been a toxic situation for almost a decade and all that will show are the ones who have nothing to lose.   Remember that, we only hire those who have nothing to lose and will be happy to disappear with their buyout.  The Chad will stay and ring in another year. 

Oh and DREAM JOB.....  Everyone will say that after promised 8 figures 

Boardon Hamsay

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Eponymous Keeper of the War Damn Mockingbird Unis
« Reply #214 on: October 15, 2019, 12:07:17 pm »

The Keyword is former booster. FORMER.

Ain't doubting the words, just this will slip into another Arkansas tallywhacker measuring contest after the deed is done with Chad.

As a matter of fact, the factions are all over the map right now with the Morris situation. There is no consensus amongst anybody.

PRJ

Yep. We're just in the initial stage of pissedoffedness. Nothing live, local, or late-breaking. It'll take some time to get everyone lined up for the different pissing contest events.  The line for the preliminary buyout coverage pissing contest is always shorter than the jumbled pile of those hopefuls wanting to have a say in the next hire.

Großer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Two years of Chadwick and a Coaching Search......
« Reply #215 on: October 15, 2019, 12:07:24 pm »

This board does not represent this state or the majority of Hog fans.  This is a small sliver of the fan base, a schizophrenic sliver.

Not really but thanks for comin

farfromgroovins

« Reply #216 on: October 15, 2019, 12:07:40 pm »

Dude goes 8-4 with Top 3 talent in the SEC every year.  He is not well thought of in the football world either.  Ask Danny Sheridan.

Would you not be happy with 8-4?

You're going to lose some games when you're playing teams in your conference that also have top talent.  Not like they can't recruit either.

I don't care for Gus but I just think it is funny that some fans blast him considering the current state of the Hogs.  Like I said though.... ain't happening.

Hogtimes

« Reply #217 on: October 15, 2019, 12:08:25 pm »

gotta remember the joe mixon beating that female in Oklahoma with basically no reprocussions didn’t help him any

Mixon was kicked off the team for one year and IIRC the decisions  regarding Mixon were made by David Boren and Joe Castiglione.  Stoops is not coming anyway.

porque

« Reply #218 on: October 15, 2019, 12:08:35 pm »

Not really but thanks for comin

Really, if you have any understanding of statistics you would know that.

porque

« Reply #219 on: October 15, 2019, 12:09:28 pm »

You're going to lose some games when you're playing teams in your conference that also have top talent.  Not like they can't recruit either.

I don't care for Gus but I just think it is funny that some fans blast him considering the current state of the Hogs.  Like I said though.... ain't happening.

You don't get the point.  He won't go 8-4 here because he will not have Auburn level talent.

ricepig

« Reply #220 on: October 15, 2019, 12:10:37 pm »

Way better recruiting footprint and lots of world class golf.

Hey, he can play The Blessings, FCC, and PVCC! And don’t forget the numerous Lindsey courses with apartment views!

RyanMallettsEgo

• Damn glad to meet you
« Reply #221 on: October 15, 2019, 12:10:47 pm »

I think his point was Gus goes 8-4 with top 3 SEC talent at Auburn, but we don't get top 3 SEC talent here. I'd love 8-4 every year, but I don't think Gus would do as well here as he does at Auburn.

Which, yes, right now that means a lot when we're losing to SJS, but you get it.

010HogFan

• "Wait Till Next Year!"
« Reply #222 on: October 15, 2019, 12:11:04 pm »

You don't get the point.  He won't go 8-4 here because he will not have Auburn level talent.

His name recognition probably makes us better overnight. We wouldn't struggle to recruit.

havok

« Reply #223 on: October 15, 2019, 12:11:39 pm »

I can think of none.  Why delay the inevitable?  There will be no more good recruiting classes........it's over......

I agree. 

If they keep CM next year I can ONLY relate it to Finances..and that is their only motivation to do so.  Clearly he is going to be fired at some-point in next couple years because it isn't working and never will with him.....it's just a matter does the board weigh finances over everything else.

mj4president

« Reply #224 on: October 15, 2019, 12:11:45 pm »

Hearing Bob Stoops is at Powerhouse right now!

porque

« Reply #225 on: October 15, 2019, 12:12:15 pm »

Hearing Bob Stoops is at Powerhouse right now!

What color is his tie?

Boardon Hamsay

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Eponymous Keeper of the War Damn Mockingbird Unis
« Reply #226 on: October 15, 2019, 12:12:16 pm »

You may be totally correct. Pork may be totally correct. He probably gets fired.

Then what do you do?

Do you go with the Gus faction who is gonna want to do the same dance with Gus while he angles for another raise at Aubby?

What about the faction who is gonna want Tim Horton? Maybe Dowell Loggans?

Then the dudes who might Leach. The people who got teary eyed after Petrino came and apologized...

What are you going to do when all them dudes, who want all these coaches....

End up with Skip Holtz?

PRJ

If we do have an opening, I have to think the early favorite from the Arkansas Coaching Search Booster Faction Wheel of Strategy will be "must have Arkansas ties".

31to6

« Reply #227 on: October 15, 2019, 12:12:23 pm »

I don't know about other media, but don't piss on me and tell me it's raining.
It's worse than that.

"Don't piss on me and act like I should thank you for ending the drought."

dayofthehawg1

« Reply #228 on: October 15, 2019, 12:12:30 pm »

I hate this for CCM and his coaches. They seem like really good people. But this is just over their heads.

We literally do look like a high school team.

They are good people.  Their character is not to be questioned.  That is why they were getting the recruits they were getting.  Unfortunately, you could give these guys a bunch of 5* recruits and it does not appear as though the players wish to play for these guys once the whistle blows.  That said, it's time for change.  Take the money given.  Be thankful for the opportunity.  Hope for another one down the line.  That is where this is at.

HogPharmer

« Reply #229 on: October 15, 2019, 12:13:24 pm »

My guess is he has an open spot at Clemson if need be.  Morris can afford to pay it for his son to at least get on a program somewhere then transfer to scholarship else where later.

Oh, I don't doubt that he can get a spot somewhere else later down the road. And that may end up being what happens. But the best thing for Chandler to do right now would probably be for him to go to Clemson or somewhere else that has offered him and just avoid Arkansas altogether. However, if he does that, that is going to be a HUGE sign to recruits that says "hey, this guy knows his dad isn't going to be around much longer, why would I want to put myself in the middle of that? I don't know what type of coach is going to be there next and I don't want to deal with a coaching change as soon as I get on campus."

RyanMallettsEgo

• Damn glad to meet you
« Reply #230 on: October 15, 2019, 12:13:47 pm »

If we do have an opening, I have to think the early favorite from the Arkansas Coaching Search Booster Faction Wheel of Strategy will be "must have Arkansas ties".

Must LOVE this STATE and know the CHALLENGES this STATE faces.

26.2Hog

• The future ain't what it used to be
« Reply #231 on: October 15, 2019, 12:14:43 pm »

Exactly.

Putting it another way, Gus does less with more.

SeldomHere

• My all-time favorite gender.
« Reply #232 on: October 15, 2019, 12:16:38 pm »

So, you're saying we're special?
I'll take that.

MushroomCloudHog

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #233 on: October 15, 2019, 12:17:34 pm »

Regardless of the school's history and tradition....what reputable coach is going to be interested in coming to a school in the middle of one of the worst decades in regards to conference wins/losses...in conference history,  in the toughest conference, in the toughest division the country?  We are literally making history

Muleriderhog

• Hogvillian
« Reply #234 on: October 15, 2019, 12:18:22 pm »

You may be totally correct. Pork may be totally correct. He probably gets fired.

Then what do you do?

Do you go with the Gus faction who is gonna want to do the same dance with Gus while he angles for another raise at Aubby?

What about the faction who is gonna want Tim Horton? Maybe Dowell Loggans?

Then the dudes who might Leach. The people who got teary eyed after Petrino came and apologized...

What are you going to do when all them dudes, who want all these coaches....

End up with Skip Holtz?

PRJ
You said all the same stuff when we fired Anderson, none of that matters HY will be making the hire regardless of what you think you know.

ricepig

« Reply #235 on: October 15, 2019, 12:18:57 pm »

Must LOVE this STATE and know the CHALLENGES this STATE faces.

So, we’re hiring Houston Dale again!

porkrindjimmy

« Reply #236 on: October 15, 2019, 12:19:13 pm »

And that is where little Timmy Horton and Dowell Loggans come in.

Neither have a chance but they will be bandied about.

And then the Hogville thread will consist of Houston Nutt...do you think Jimmy Johnson would take the job for maybe two years and then turn it over to Barry Lunney Jr?

Would Ken Hatfield and Petit Jean meats come in as interim....

It will be glorious.

But today, we have some breaking news that some folks are mad. Really mad.

I have some breaking news also....there are some people up there who aren't really mad.

One of them is in Texas.

Chad will have a hard time surviving...but this thread is to get out in front so when Chad's firing happens....

Well, I was all over that....

PRJ

Großer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #237 on: October 15, 2019, 12:19:38 pm »

So, we’re hiring Houston Dale again!

I think even Dale would have whooped SJS

porkrindjimmy

« Reply #238 on: October 15, 2019, 12:19:57 pm »

You said all the same stuff when we fired Anderson, none of that matters HY will be making the hire regardless of what you think you know.

Yeah yeah.

PRJ

rhames

« Reply #239 on: October 15, 2019, 12:21:03 pm »

We get it. PRJ was wrong about Anderson until the very end. He has been spot on with other things. Especially with the football program. 

He totally takes this message board stuff way too seriously but I know he has more of a read on it than your average poster.

ricepig

« Reply #240 on: October 15, 2019, 12:21:11 pm »

I think even Dale would have whooped SJS

Dale, Bielema, Smiles, Crow, DVH, MA,.......

Hawginj

« Reply #241 on: October 15, 2019, 12:21:43 pm »

awe sweetheart you don't get out much do you? This board represents the razorback fandom pretty well!

Großer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #242 on: October 15, 2019, 12:23:07 pm »

Dale, Bielema, Smiles, Crow, DVH, MA,.......

I don’t want Hootie back, but even he would have laid the wood to Portland State and SJS.

porkrindjimmy

« Reply #243 on: October 15, 2019, 12:23:50 pm »

We get it. PRJ was wrong about Anderson until the very end. He has been spot on with other things. Especially with the football program. 

He totally takes this message board stuff way too seriously but I know he has more of a read on it than your average poster.

LMAO.....

I dont take it seriously brotha....

I have fun with this.

PRJ

Porkatarian

• President of the whatsshakinbacon fan club
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #244 on: October 15, 2019, 12:24:03 pm »

If Morris does get fired, and it’s all a matter of finances if he doesn’t get things turned around, MY list would look like this:

1. Mike Leach
2. Matt Campbell
3. Hugh Freeze
4. Bill Clark
5. Butch Jones

* I think Norvell is a damn good coach, but a couple of things came back on his background during our last coaching search

** I think Eliah Drinkwitz will be the next great young up and coming coach, but we can’t risk hiring someone with just one season as head coach. 

Porkatarian out...

rhames

« Reply #245 on: October 15, 2019, 12:24:45 pm »

LMAO.....

I dont take it seriously brotha....

I have fun with this.

PRJ

I like ya man but you let these people get to you. You do have some comebacks that make me chuckle from time to time.

rhames

« Reply #246 on: October 15, 2019, 12:25:15 pm »

If Morris does get fired, and it’s all a matter of finances if he doesn’t get things turned around.

?

Muleriderhog

• Hogvillian
« Reply #247 on: October 15, 2019, 12:26:50 pm »

I’m halfway just messing with him, I know he knows a lot he just guarantees things that he can’t guarantee. We basically disagree on everything but he’s one of my favorite posters on the board.

porque

« Reply #248 on: October 15, 2019, 12:28:09 pm »

awe sweetheart you don't get out much do you? This board represents the razorback fandom pretty well!

I'd appreciate it if you find someone else to call sweetheart, not my thing.  I get out plenty.  I have several hundred clients that are mostly hog fans.  For the most part they don't touch message boards or call in to radio shows.  Those folks that do that are the lunatic fringe.

Porkatarian

• President of the whatsshakinbacon fan club
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #249 on: October 15, 2019, 12:29:22 pm »

?

Sorry multitasking.  I just finished my post.

Porkatarian out...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 13   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas