• 10,761,610 Posts
• 420,343 Topics
• 24,701 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13]   Go Down

Author Topic: Today’s update 10/15/19  (Read 17607 times)

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Eric Musselman!
Re: Today’s update 10/15/19
« Reply #600 on: October 18, 2019, 12:21:01 pm »

Your right.  I think CCM's greatest failure is the hires that he made.  Craddock was not ready to be a offensive coordinator in the SEC.  Even though he has stunk it up, I don't think the Chavis was a bad hire because of his knowledge and expeience, but that experiment is not working out.  Other questionable hires were Smith, Frye and maybe Ingram. 

CCM placed a high priority on recruiting, and lower priority on game planning.  It should be close to a 50/50 mix.  Now, he can't out recruit his poor game planing and player development.

CCM has a good vision and seems to be a good guy, but hired the wrong people in lofty positions to execute it.  I think its too late now to change the mindset of the fanbase.  He has lost it.    The tide as turned, and if he is retained he would need 8 games next year. I don't think any OC /DC could turn it fast enough.     
I don't think he has the coaching connections at the college level and the good ones aren't walking in that door to this trap.

Jim Harris

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Bring me some DTs!
« Reply #601 on: October 18, 2019, 12:34:41 pm »

Your right.  I think CCM's greatest failure is the hires that he made.  Craddock was not ready to be a offensive coordinator in the SEC.  Even though he has stunk it up, I don't think the Chavis was a bad hire because of his knowledge and expeience, but that experiment is not working out.  Other questionable hires were Smith, Frye and maybe Ingram. 

CCM placed a high priority on recruiting, and lower priority on game planning.  It should be close to a 50/50 mix.  Now, he can't out recruit his poor game planing and player development.

CCM has a good vision and seems to be a good guy, but hired the wrong people in lofty positions to execute it.  I think its too late now to change the mindset of the fanbase.  He has lost it.    The tide as turned, and if he is retained he would need 8 games next year. I don't think any OC /DC could turn it fast enough.     

If this were the Frank Broyles AD era, he could have helped Morris build a competent staff. He helped with every coach he hired, sometimes to their detriment too. But Chad also brought the guys and wanted these guys, apparently, on the offensive side. They and Smith on defense were the guys he trusted the most with recruiting his type of player. Nutt brought in most of the Murray State Mafia, but Frank insisted on a D-coordinator with cache, and Burns, who was at Southern Cal then, brought that for Nutt's first staff in Frank's opinion. Burns wasn't Nutt's first choice, but it sure was the right choice for that 1998 team. Arkansas's style of play on both sides of the ball shocked some of those old-head journalists in the SEC.

With the lack of talent all through the defense and the low level of the O-line, I'm not sure we could tell what this staff is fully capable of. They're patching up an iceberg tear in the hull and water is still flooding in.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Youngsta71701

• There's a God somewhere.
« Reply #602 on: October 18, 2019, 12:50:57 pm »

Kiffin wants no part of a rebuild of this caliber. IF he did take it, he’s the kind of guy that would be ok getting fired after a couple of years and taking the buyout.
But he wanted a part of the FIU rebuild?

ricepig

« Reply #603 on: October 18, 2019, 12:51:08 pm »

If this were the Frank Broyles AD era, he could have helped Morris build a competent staff. He helped with every coach he hired, sometimes to their detriment too. But Chad also brought the guys and wanted these guys, apparently, on the offensive side. They and Smith on defense were the guys he trusted the most with recruiting his type of player. Nutt brought in most of the Murray State Mafia, but Frank insisted on a D-coordinator with cache, and Burns, who was at Southern Cal then, brought that for Nutt's first staff in Frank's opinion. Burns wasn't Nutt's first choice, but it sure was the right choice for that 1998 team. Arkansas's style of play on both sides of the ball shocked some of those old-head journalists in the SEC.

With the lack of talent all through the defense and the low level of the O-line, I'm not sure we could tell what this staff is fully capable of. They're patching up an iceberg tear in the hull and water is still flooding in.
Obviously need to hire this guy, then.

PorkSoda

« Reply #604 on: October 18, 2019, 01:55:05 pm »

so SJS out talented us?

moses_007

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Beware of this Hog!
« Reply #605 on: October 18, 2019, 04:02:34 pm »

I'm not sure which line is worse...offense or defense. 

EastTexasHog

« Reply #606 on: October 18, 2019, 05:32:59 pm »

When Briles got hired to coach again at a TX public school he clearly was able to show the Baylor stuff was beyond him. Supposedly, his wife won't leave TX. We kinda have discovered that is something we aren't all that comfortable with.

Briles has had problems already at Mt. Vernon.  The only reason he was able to get a job there was because his former director of recruiting married into an influential family in Mt Vernon who went to bat for him thru their church.  Now, UIL in Texas has ruled two of his players ineligible because they moved into Mt Vernon shortly after Briles was hired and lived with their relative who followed Briles from Baylor, where he played for Briles, to Italy, where he played for Briles, to Mt Vernon, where he coached for Briles in violation of UIL rules because he didn’t even work for the school.  Briles lost last week with out the move in players (QB and RB) by a score of 47-16.

solitons

« Reply #607 on: October 18, 2019, 05:43:20 pm »

so SJS out talented us?

exactly, it's not the talent problem, it's the coaching problem, any quality can get us to 4-2 now.

hawgon

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #608 on: October 18, 2019, 06:26:44 pm »

Briles has had problems already at Mt. Vernon.  The only reason he was able to get a job there was because his former director of recruiting married into an influential family in Mt Vernon who went to bat for him thru their church.  Now, UIL in Texas has ruled two of his players ineligible because they moved into Mt Vernon shortly after Briles was hired and lived with their relative who followed Briles from Baylor, where he played for Briles, to Italy, where he played for Briles, to Mt Vernon, where he coached for Briles in violation of UIL rules because he didn’t even work for the school.  Briles lost last week with out the move in players (QB and RB) by a score of 47-16.

So what you’re saying is that he inspires loyalty and can recruit.  I’m in.

SeldomHere

• Woo Pig Sooie!!!
« Reply #609 on: October 18, 2019, 06:47:07 pm »

exactly, it's not the talent problem, it's the coaching problem, any quality can get us to 4-2 now.
We should have had 6 wins. Maybe 7 if you win the bowl, but the schedule was setup for that and to build for next year to repeat with 6 wins and then hopefully be re-built enough to be competitive with the top half of the SEC the year after. Morris has not gotten it done and I doubt that he will.

prattville pig

« Reply #610 on: October 18, 2019, 08:20:20 pm »

My list would be Kiffin, Norvell, Leach, Clawson, and if all fails Drinkwitz.
My list would be Urban Myer, period.

hogboarder

« Reply #611 on: October 18, 2019, 08:22:03 pm »

But he wanted a part of the FIU rebuild?

Absolutely. Much easier rebuild with low expectations.

PorkSoda

« Reply #612 on: October 18, 2019, 08:28:25 pm »

we are about to got 0-16 in conference.  how much lower expectations can you get?

SeldomHere

• Woo Pig Sooie!!!
« Reply #613 on: October 18, 2019, 08:36:20 pm »

I thought it was the only job he could get?

Hawginj

« Reply #614 on: October 18, 2019, 09:26:43 pm »

My list would be Urban Myer, period.
I get it but it ain't happening  just like BP ain't happening UA isn't going to spend that kind of money

PorkSoda

« Reply #615 on: October 18, 2019, 09:32:09 pm »

I get it but it ain't happening  just like BP ain't happening UA isn't going to spend that kind of money
gotta spend money to make money.  UA can't afford empty stadiums.

That said, I doubt we get Urban or Stoops to come out of retirement.

Petrino would be smart money, cause we could get him on the cheap.  He obviously wants to come back and is currently unemployed.

Richt would be a solid choice, Maybe Leach.

That said, HY will probably find someone we never guessed.

grayhawg

« Reply #616 on: October 18, 2019, 09:37:49 pm »

These coaching projections have been fun this week but we have the Razorback coach for the 2020 season and he is Chad Morris, Chavis is probably history and maybe one more.

Youngsta71701

• There's a God somewhere.
« Reply #617 on: October 19, 2019, 05:55:43 am »

These coaching projections have been fun this week but we have the Razorback coach for the 2020 season and he is Chad Morris, Chavis is probably history and maybe one more.
Of nothing else Chavis has to go! This still looks like Robb Smith's defense. Read and react instead of dictating. Am I wrong?

Hogs-n-Roses

• Coming to a Stadium Near You!
« Reply #618 on: October 19, 2019, 10:50:21 am »

gotta spend money to make money.  UA can't afford empty stadiums.

That said, I doubt we get Urban or Stoops to come out of retirement.

Petrino would be smart money, cause we could get him on the cheap.  He obviously wants to come back and is currently unemployed.

Richt would be a solid choice, Maybe Leach.

That said, HY will probably find someone we never guessed.

I hope your wrong and this is the scenario that scares me. I was like a kid at Christmas with the departure of Fatty and the carpetbagger but so naive and a homer to think we'd botch the hire but was a supportin til I saw something to really gripe about. Its been seen. Now our AD needs to comfort us all and get a winner in here. Think high. His message didn't comfort me much.

CoachHogT

« Reply #619 on: October 19, 2019, 11:06:29 am »

Arkansas buying coaches is like my friend who overpays for his vehicles then trades them in at a loss. Now he owes $43k on his Pinto

ThisTeetsTaken

• He is not here, for He has risen, just as He said
« Reply #620 on: November 03, 2019, 02:14:26 pm »

The phones are ringing off the hook in both the AD’s office and the Razorback Foundation.   

Multiple boosters have let Yurachek know they’re pulling their donations until Morris is gone.

This is coming from a former trustee, fwiw.

Porkatarian out...
I wonder if this has become a trend over the last two weeks?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas