• 10,548,704 Posts
• 415,646 Topics
• 23,824 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Today’s update 10/15/19  (Read 16133 times)

texas tush hog

Re: Today’s update 10/15/19
« Reply #150 on: October 15, 2019, 11:33:50 am »

$5,000 is worth a voice- so are you calling HY and the Razorback Foundation raising hell and threatening to pull donations if CCM isn’t fired?

Have not made it to Yurachek yet, but several underlings and no I have not threatened to pull my donations yet, just expressed my displeasure and explained why I will no longer donate. I don't make idle threats but everybody in the foundation knows me and I told them my two youngest grandaughters want to go to Disneyworld again and I have to decide if we are going to stay in the Port Orleans or move up to the Contempoary with the extra money.

HogPharmer

« Reply #151 on: October 15, 2019, 11:34:01 am »

This^^^^ people are pissed, but I haven’t heard of anyone letting their money get mad yet. I still think he gets another year, but that’s just my opinion.

We'll see how quickly that changes once KJ, Spivey, and Catalon jump ship too...

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

rhames

« Reply #152 on: October 15, 2019, 11:34:27 am »

Dammit, you're right.

Hogville logic would follow that since he left a cushy admin job and took less money to coach, then CLEARLY he wants to coach again, and would take under his market value to coach here!

I heard he always had a stipulation at OU, that if Arkansas ever offered he could go buyout free.

It is his dream job. I read that here.

The Kig

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Hogville Heroes
« Reply #153 on: October 15, 2019, 11:34:56 am »

Once again, the man in Dallas will be the linchpin for change.

PRJ

Truth, but not exactly confidence inspiring considering his track record with coaches for the other team he owns. 

thebignasty

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • I find your lack of faith... disturbing.
« Reply #154 on: October 15, 2019, 11:35:41 am »

I heard he always had a stipulation at OU, that if Arkansas ever offered he could go buyout free.

Been wearing reddish ties for 20 years as a signal. 

HogPharmer

« Reply #155 on: October 15, 2019, 11:36:50 am »

Have not made it to Yurachek yet, but several underlings and no I have not threatened to pull my donations yet just expressed my displeasre and explained why I will no longer donate. I don't make idle threats but everybody in the foundation knows me and I told them my two youngest grandaughters want to go to Disneyworld again and I have to decide if we are going to stay in the Port Orleans or move up to the Contempoary with the extra money.

Contemporary is nice. I took the wife and daughter there back in May. It's the only resort where you can walk to Magic Kingdom, which is a plus with girls, as that's where most of the princesses are. That was our main deciding factor in staying there.

ricepig

« Reply #156 on: October 15, 2019, 11:37:13 am »

Confirmed- just bought 2 tickets to basketball game in Little Rock.

I did too!

ThrillaHog

• Beware of Hog
« Reply #157 on: October 15, 2019, 11:37:44 am »

I understand giving a coach time to get his players in, but this coach is proving he cant coach to save his life. Recruits are leaving left and right so who is gonna be left for this guy to win with if they all leave? Morris needs to go. Who cares how it makes us look? We are already the laughing stock and joke of College football! The rest of the country sees how bad this is, cut ties and move on

porkrindjimmy

« Reply #158 on: October 15, 2019, 11:37:47 am »

Two wins down the stretch are at this point are firmly within the “miraculous recovery” camp.

He won’t get two wins and he’ll be fired.

You may be totally correct. Pork may be totally correct. He probably gets fired.

Then what do you do?

Do you go with the Gus faction who is gonna want to do the same dance with Gus while he angles for another raise at Aubby?

What about the faction who is gonna want Tim Horton? Maybe Dowell Loggans?

Then the dudes who might Leach. The people who got teary eyed after Petrino came and apologized...

What are you going to do when all them dudes, who want all these coaches....

End up with Skip Holtz?

PRJ

HoginIllinois

« Reply #159 on: October 15, 2019, 11:37:48 am »

Was his wife  looking at houses in Fayetteville?

HogPharmer

« Reply #160 on: October 15, 2019, 11:39:31 am »

I still bet he gets next year. Our luck is he beats WKU and Miss State.

I read the other day about how the fans at Miss State are ready for whatshisname to go too... May be a game where the loser walks. I could see Moorehead heading to Rutgers. Miss State fans have grown accustomed to winning, or at least competing. If they lost to both Tennessee AND Arkansas in the same season, they may be as ready as we are for a change. Especially if he loses to Matt Luke in the Egg Bowl.

Hawginj

« Reply #161 on: October 15, 2019, 11:40:31 am »

You may be totally correct. Pork may be totally correct. He probably gets fired.

Then what do you do?

Do you go with the Gus faction who is gonna want to do the same dance with Gus while he angles for another raise at Aubby?

Then the dudes who might Leach. The people who got teary eyed after Petrino came and apologized...

End up with Skip Holtz?

PRJ
Then my friend you set it on 🔥

ricepig

« Reply #162 on: October 15, 2019, 11:40:42 am »

We'll see how quickly that changes once KJ, Spivey, and Catalon jump ship too...

Oh, you been talking with them?

hawgon

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #163 on: October 15, 2019, 11:41:23 am »

Then what do you do?

End up with Skip Holtz?

PRJ

That’s where we see if Yurachek is worth his salary and whatever you may say, he has a LOT more leverage than you might think.  He could actually threaten to walk too unless given a free hand to do what he thinks needs to be done.  That would be a mess we could not survive.  And everyone knows it.

rhames

« Reply #164 on: October 15, 2019, 11:41:38 am »

I read the other day about how the fans at Miss State are ready for whatshisname to go too... May be a game where the loser walks. I could see Moorehead heading to Rutgers. Miss State fans have grown accustomed to winning, or at least competing. If they lost to both Tennessee AND Arkansas in the same season, they may be as ready as we are for a change. Especially if he loses to Matt Luke in the Egg Bowl.

Old fashioned loser leaves town match. I like it

HogPharmer

« Reply #165 on: October 15, 2019, 11:41:41 am »

Oh, you been talking with them?

We go way back.... my sister's brother's mom's daughter used to babysit them back in the day....

Seriously though, would you be surprised if more of our top recruits from last year start to walk? We've already had a couple of players hit the portal. Once the first couple go, it's going to be a lot easier for more to walk. And honestly, can you blame them?

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • The People’s Mod
« Reply #166 on: October 15, 2019, 11:42:08 am »

Don't be surprised if theres a couple more with those. 

ricepig

« Reply #167 on: October 15, 2019, 11:42:42 am »

We go way back.... my sister's brother's mom's daughter used to babysit them back in the day....

Cool, that’s legit.

porque

« Reply #168 on: October 15, 2019, 11:42:55 am »

So....the news here is some people are pissed that Morris isn't winning and are voicing their pissedoffness with phone calls to Hunter? And oh yeah, the foundation?

And when Hunter asks them since they are so riled up and redassed, would they like to cut a check for around 10.5 mil ..they begin stammering and stuttering and telling Hunter to go ask the dude who got us into this mess.

Once again, the man in Dallas will be the linchpin for change.

But some people are mad...

Groundbreaking stuff right here.

PRJ

I think the man in Dallas has his own problems.  Can't even fire Jason Garrett.

STLhawg

« Reply #169 on: October 15, 2019, 11:43:04 am »

He never wanted to be here anyway- he wanted to be at Texas A&M.
His wife never wanted to be here - and she never was.
THIS

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #170 on: October 15, 2019, 11:44:50 am »

Then what do you do?

End up with Skip Holtz?

PRJ

I thought the Mega Church was ready to compromise with Eli Finkelstein from Boone St. 

porkrindjimmy

« Reply #171 on: October 15, 2019, 11:44:55 am »

Then my friend you set it on 🔥

Who sets it on fire?

Me? You? Pork? Hawgon?

These dudes are a different breed. And very seldom do they ever have a thought that mirrors another...very seldom.

I got told Sunday that while they thought Chad would've won a few more games, he really was left with below nothing when he took over.

That guy makes decision's.

And I was told Late, late Saturday night that another regal money man was beyond pissed off.

There is the essence of that Arkansas Duality thing.

PRJ

go hogues

• You're at an eight but we need you at a two.
« Reply #172 on: October 15, 2019, 11:45:21 am »

Hmm... Spurrier went to South Carolina. 

Legacy is an interesting thing, particularly if you want to prove it's the "coach", not the "program".
Way better recruiting footprint and lots of world class golf.

havok

« Reply #173 on: October 15, 2019, 11:45:31 am »

I understand giving a coach time to get his players in, but this coach is proving he cant coach to save his life. Recruits are leaving left and right so who is gonna be left for this guy to win with if they all leave? Morris needs to go. Who cares how it makes us look? We are already the laughing stock and joke of College football! The rest of the country sees how bad this is, cut ties and move on

Exactly.. the bar was super low this year for him to show enough.  If he can't "Achieve" that expectation, then he never will..and for sure will never Overachieve.

RazorPiggie

« Reply #174 on: October 15, 2019, 11:46:14 am »

OU will be open at the end of the season as well when Jerry hires Lincoln to coach the Cowboys.

007 License To Squeal

• Global Moderator
  • Fmr USAF Combat Crew Titan II Launch Crew Member
« Reply #175 on: October 15, 2019, 11:46:37 am »

Contemporary is nice. I took the wife and daughter there back in May. It's the only resort where you can walk to Magic Kingdom, which is a plus with girls, as that's where most of the princesses are. That was our main deciding factor in staying there.

Went there to see Donald O'connor in 1974.......It was nice back then, too.

porkrindjimmy

« Reply #176 on: October 15, 2019, 11:46:48 am »

I thought the Mega Church was ready to compromise with Eli Finkelstein from Boone St. 

Mega Church ain't got anything to do with Eli.

When something happens to Chad, they will line up like lap dogs, let Gus come up here and annoint their heads with oil and talk a slick game.

And Auburn or USC or somebody will give him a huge raise....

PRJ

Calvin Swine

« Reply #177 on: October 15, 2019, 11:47:57 am »

Agreed.  We've stayed there and the Polynesian several times.  The monorail is definitely worth it if you have kids and if you plan on going back for the evening park hours. 

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #178 on: October 15, 2019, 11:48:05 am »

Didn't KJ post a picture on social media yesterday about how much he loved "these" guys showing the team?

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #179 on: October 15, 2019, 11:48:20 am »

Mega Church ain't got anything to do with Eli.

When something happens to Chad, they will line up like lap dogs, let Gus come up here and annoint their heads with oil and talk a slick game.

And Auburn or USC or somebody will give him a huge raise....

PRJ

Gus gettin' a raise off an 8-4 season?

porkrindjimmy

« Reply #180 on: October 15, 2019, 11:48:58 am »

That’s where we see if Yurachek is worth his salary and whatever you may say, he has a LOT more leverage than you might think.  He could actually threaten to walk too unless given a free hand to do what he thinks needs to be done.  That would be a mess we could not survive.  And everyone knows it.

Hawgon, you know better....

It would be in Hunters best interest to not bluff or throw demands up toward them guys. They have egos as big as a Roadhouse parking lot.

PRJ

Ex-Trumpet

• Gold Hogvillian
  • When life gives you lemons, get a boob job!
« Reply #181 on: October 15, 2019, 11:48:59 am »

Only if UA boosters butt in.

texas tush hog

« Reply #182 on: October 15, 2019, 11:49:24 am »

Yes he can, and yes he will if Jason does not right the ship.  Dak Prescott has shown that he is not a $40 million dollar qb the last three weeks. Aaron Rodgers showed him what a $30 million dollar a year qb looks like last week. Dak and Jason will both be gone if they don't straighten up. Jerry don't play and Morris better do right by John Stephen or bye bye.

HogPharmer

« Reply #183 on: October 15, 2019, 11:49:26 am »

I brought this up the other night after the game. But what does everyone think Chandler will do? He'd be absolutely insane to come here at this point. But if he decommits and goes elsewhere, that means that he and dad have essentially had the conversation wherein which Chad told him that he's not going to be the coach beyond his Freshman season.

So, does Chad potentially sacrifice his son's future with the hopes that he can turn the program around (IF he actually makes it to year 3). Or does he tell his son to go somewhere better that he has an offer from knowing that he is going to have a difficult time if he comes here?

Tweeter

« Reply #184 on: October 15, 2019, 11:49:29 am »

Then what do you do?

End up with Skip Holtz?

PRJ

No you get the hell out of the way and let the A.D do his job.....That is whats going to happen this go around.

SeldomHere

• My all-time favorite gender.
« Reply #185 on: October 15, 2019, 11:49:30 am »

More reasons to like you, well, your Avatar helps a little.

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #186 on: October 15, 2019, 11:50:36 am »

I brought this up the other night after the game. But what does everyone think Chandler will do? He'd be absolutely insane to come here at this point. But if he decommits and goes elsewhere, that means that he and dad have essentially had the conversation wherein which Chad told him that he's not going to be the coach beyond his Freshman season.

So, does Chad potentially sacrifice his son's future with the hopes that he can turn the program around (IF he actually makes it to year 3). Or does he tell his son to go somewhere better that he has an offer from knowing that he is going to have a difficult time if he comes here?

My guess is he has an open spot at Clemson if need be.  Morris can afford to pay it for his son to at least get on a program somewhere then transfer to scholarship else where later.

porkrindjimmy

« Reply #187 on: October 15, 2019, 11:50:47 am »

You are smarter than this.

You want Gus for 7+ million?

PRJ

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #188 on: October 15, 2019, 11:51:25 am »

You are smarter than this.

You want Gus for 7+ million?

PRJ

No.  Do you?

porkrindjimmy

« Reply #189 on: October 15, 2019, 11:51:44 am »

No you get the hell out of the way and let the A.D do his job.....That is whats going to happen this go around.

No it's not what is gonna happen.

I can assure you of that.

PRJ

Pennywise

« Reply #190 on: October 15, 2019, 11:52:00 am »

Calling it. Chandler Morris won't be coming to Arkansas.

Ex-Trumpet

• Gold Hogvillian
  • When life gives you lemons, get a boob job!
« Reply #191 on: October 15, 2019, 11:52:18 am »

Chandler would be best to go someplace else regardless.  He will always be Chaggie's son, whether he's the coach for the next game or the next 100.

If he's as good as he's been built up to be he will land on his feet.  If he's not, then we prolly don't want him taking up a scholly to begin with.

porkrindjimmy

« Reply #192 on: October 15, 2019, 11:52:25 am »

No.  Do you?

I want Morris around this program more than I ever want Gus Malzahn to be around it.

Absolutely not.

PRJ

HogPharmer

« Reply #193 on: October 15, 2019, 11:53:18 am »

Didn't KJ post a picture on social media yesterday about how much he loved "these" guys showing the team?

The players are here until they're not. Just like a coach "isn't going to be fired" until he is fired.

I'm not saying I guarantee these guys will leave. I don't want them to leave. I'm just saying it won't surprise me.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #194 on: October 15, 2019, 11:53:31 am »

Chandler would be best to go someplace else regardless.  He will always be Chaggie's son, whether he's the coach for the next game or the next 100.

If he's as good as he's been built up to be he will land on his feet.  If he's not, then we prolly don't want him taking up a scholly to begin with.

Always should have with the options he had.  Can't believe he turned down Dabo although competition to see the field will probably be deep there. 

farfromgroovins

« Reply #195 on: October 15, 2019, 11:55:08 am »

I want Morris around this program more than I ever want Gus Malzahn to be around it.

Absolutely not.

PRJ

Yep, I would hate to end up like Auburn.....

porkrindjimmy

« Reply #196 on: October 15, 2019, 11:55:57 am »

I knew it wouldn't take long for them to appear....

PRJ

Bacons Rebellion

• Pig puns are so boaring.
« Reply #197 on: October 15, 2019, 11:56:12 am »

I still bet he gets next year. Our luck is he beats WKU and Miss State.

Yeah, I feel that might still be our most likely future, for better or worse.

hawgon

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #198 on: October 15, 2019, 11:58:16 am »

Hawgon, you know better....

It would be in Hunters best interest to not bluff or throw demands up toward them guys. They have egos as big as a Roadhouse parking lot.

PRJ

Then let them burn it down.  I really don’t care anymore.

porque

« Reply #199 on: October 15, 2019, 11:58:45 am »

Dude goes 8-4 with Top 3 talent in the SEC every year.  He is not well thought of in the football world either.  Ask Danny Sheridan.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 13   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas