• 10,554,369 Posts
• 415,778 Topics
• 23,843 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Today’s update 10/15/19  (Read 16175 times)

Pennywise

Re: Today’s update 10/15/19
« Reply #100 on: October 15, 2019, 10:47:08 am »

if it happens. get a coach who will kicks some rumps. we don't need a players coach

we need the football equivalent of coach muss

Lol. We haven’t even seen him coach a game for the hogs. Wait until he loses a couple and this place will implode.

Pennywise

« Reply #101 on: October 15, 2019, 10:48:13 am »

And a hot wife.

We fired a football coach with big 10 titles, rose bowls who had one of these lol

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

WMHawgfan

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Left Lane Hammer Down!
« Reply #102 on: October 15, 2019, 10:48:51 am »

You know it's bad when Rainbow Rick is talking about the buyout on DTS
yeah Rick is Eternal Sunshine. if he is doing this its over.

Bacons Rebellion

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Pig puns are so boaring.
« Reply #103 on: October 15, 2019, 10:49:23 am »

The media, the boosters, they see the same things as we all do. This board gave up on the future Saturday night. So did they.

afhogfan1980

• Varsity
  • Settling for mediocrity is #uncommon
« Reply #104 on: October 15, 2019, 10:49:51 am »

We fired a football coach with big 10 titles, rose bowls who had one of these lol
at a program that was set up to run smooth 20 years ago hell most of us could hold the door open the right way if we were given instructions by an overlord 😂😂😂

Ex-Trumpet

• Gold Hogvillian
  • When life gives you lemons, get a boob job!
« Reply #105 on: October 15, 2019, 10:49:52 am »

Too skinny.  And, no, not the coach!

hoggusamoungus

• Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #106 on: October 15, 2019, 10:51:59 am »

Season ticket holders give a lot more than that.  Lose a thousand of them and you’re talking a significant amount of money.

Not true.  I had season tickets for 29 years and my RF donation has always been $1,000.  Had four good seats and a parking pass but gave 'em up this year.  Kept my RF dues current in case I decide to jump back in at some point.

Pennywise

« Reply #107 on: October 15, 2019, 10:52:47 am »

Too skinny.  And, no, not the coach!

Agreed. Curves are much better and more fun.

Dark Helmet Hog

• Now let's see how well you handle it...
« Reply #108 on: October 15, 2019, 10:53:42 am »

Agreed. Curves are much better and more fun.

Did anyone get a good look post baby? That can add some good curves.

Pennywise

« Reply #109 on: October 15, 2019, 10:53:47 am »

yeah Rick is Eternal Sunshine. if he is doing this its over.

Rick is as negative as I have ever heard him. It’s strange to hear him not be able to say anything remotely positive about Chad Morris.

hawgon

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #110 on: October 15, 2019, 10:54:30 am »

Losing to Kentucky is one thing.  If at the first of the year you had said that we would lose a close one there, it wouldn’t have been too upsetting.  But with the way their season has played out and the fact that they literally did not have a QB it was very upsetting.  Then to see the receiver that they pressed into playing QB look better than anything we put in the field, play one against eleven, and win SEC player of the week as he took them to victory?  Please, this staff is never going to do it.

Everyone sees it and knows it.  Bring them back and Razorback stadium will be dead dead dead dead next year.

afhogfan1980

• Varsity
« Reply #111 on: October 15, 2019, 10:54:36 am »

Rick is as negative as I have ever heard him. It’s strange to hear him not be able to say anything remotely positive about Chad Morris.
that’s rare rick is like the bob ross or central Arkansas but bob ross had a better tan

ricepig

« Reply #112 on: October 15, 2019, 10:56:36 am »

Not true.  I had season tickets for 29 years and my RF donation has always been $1,000.  Had four good seats and a parking pass but gave 'em up this year.  Kept my RF dues current in case I decide to jump back in at some point.

Yeah, a lot more were grandfathered in before the “Answer the Call”, than paid the big bucks to get the new seating.

Boardon Hamsay

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Eponymous Keeper of the War Damn Mockingbird Unis
« Reply #113 on: October 15, 2019, 10:57:40 am »

It really only matters which boosters are calling, some’s zero’s are more important than others, interesting if true.

Yep. I'd be more interested in the boosters calling with an offering to the buyout collection plate.

porkrindjimmy

« Reply #114 on: October 15, 2019, 10:58:39 am »

It really only matters which boosters are calling, some’s zero’s are more important than others, interesting if true.

Bingo...

PRJ

195bc

« Reply #115 on: October 15, 2019, 10:59:40 am »

If Stoops wanted to compete for national championships at big time college programs, he wouldn't have left OU.  I imagine he got tired of the fanbase calling for his job or his brother's job after OU would lose their first game of the year. 

Our program at this point would be content with being respectable against and eventually winning 8 to 9 games a year.  He wouldn't face that backlash here.

Virtually everything you just wrote is incorrect.

That's the point, Stoops doesn't want to compete for a national championship. He doesn't want to coach anymore full time. That's why he retired at OU. He spends his time going to OU games (his son on the the OU roster), speaking at events and enjoying retirement. He is often hanging around OU events.

The fanbase was not calling for his job. In his last four years, OU finished the season, in order, ranked 6th, NR, 5th, 5th. If anything, he may be waiting to be OU athletic direct when Joe Castiglione retires (he's 72).

In his 18-year career at OU, he lost the first game of the season three times - only once in his last seven years (that being his last season, when OU still finished the season ranked 5th in the country).

It would only take a few years of 8 wins for fans to forget how bad we were. If we only won 8 games per year, year after year, the fans would absolutely start screaming. Should they? No. Would they? Yes.

Cambridge Hog

« Reply #116 on: October 15, 2019, 11:01:19 am »

Is Jerry Jones pissed off yet?

afhogfan1980

• Varsity
« Reply #117 on: October 15, 2019, 11:01:22 am »

Virtually everything you just wrote is incorrect.

That's the point, Stoops doesn't want to compete for a national championship. He doesn't want to coach anymore full time. That's why he retired at OU. He spends his time going to OU games (his son on the the OU roster), speaking at events and enjoying retirement. He is often hanging around OU events.

The fanbase was not calling for his job. In his last four years, OU finished the season, in order, ranked 6th, NR, 5th, 5th. If anything, he may be waiting to be OU athletic direct when Joe Castiglione retires (he's 72).

In his 18-year career at OU, he lost the first game of the season three times - only once in his last seven years (that being his last season, when OU still finished the season ranked 5th in the country).

It would only take a few years of 8 wins for fans to forget how bad we were. If we only won 8 games per year, year after year, the fans would absolutely start screaming. Should they? No. Would they? Yes.
gotta remember the joe mixon beating that female in Oklahoma with basically no reprocussions didn’t help him any

ARTXHawg416

• Band Nerd
« Reply #118 on: October 15, 2019, 11:03:38 am »

Losing to Kentucky is one thing.  If at the first of the year you had said that we would lose a close one there, it wouldn’t have been too upsetting.  But with the way their season has played out and the fact that they literally did not have a QB it was very upsetting.  Then to see the receiver that they pressed into playing QB look better than anything we put in the field, play one against eleven, and win SEC player of the week as he took them to victory?  Please, this staff is never going to do it.

Everyone sees it and knows it.  Bring them back and Razorback stadium will be dead dead dead dead next year.

This is, by far, the worst part about the loss.  I went in sort of expecting us to lose (never expect a W anymore), and it would have been one thing if it was a shootout and Bowden somehow was crazy accurate and making great throws.  But the fact that it looked we went in without any sort of defensive game plan (and were coached scared offensively) is inexcusable.  I mean the guy is literally a wide receiver - and their best one at that, so he doesn't even have his #1 weapon on the outside - and you can't come up with a game plan to contain the run??? With two full weeks to prepare???  The coaching ineptitude is just mind-boggling at this point.

Pennywise

« Reply #119 on: October 15, 2019, 11:07:17 am »

Jerry Jones is too busy getting popcorn kernels out of his teeth while watching Jason Garrett burn the Cowboys to the ground.

SemperFi

• Strongly despising the Morris Era!
« Reply #120 on: October 15, 2019, 11:08:53 am »

What's greater, the buyout or the long term effect of a team that cannot compete on the field?

afhogfan1980

• Varsity
« Reply #121 on: October 15, 2019, 11:09:59 am »

Jerry Jones is too busy getting popcorn kernels out of his teeth while watching Jason Garrett burn the Cowboys to the ground.
the cowboys been worse than the Razorbacks since 98 smdh

texas tush hog

« Reply #122 on: October 15, 2019, 11:14:17 am »

They don’t pull money already donated, and they don’t threaten the AD in week 6. No doubt you will hear this rumor 100s of times in next few months with no names actually mentioned....

Wrong. Many boosters are more noteworthy than others. They donate 6 figures and normally don't make threats. My little old 5 grand does not make a whimper compared to them but they usually take my call and forward me to higher ups. Been donating and buying season tickets since 1973 and my priority points do get attention. but I'm still just a small fry compared to the ones Porkatarian is referring to.

Tejano Jawg

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go West ern Kentucky, young man.
« Reply #123 on: October 15, 2019, 11:14:36 am »

The phones are ringing off the hook in both the AD’s office and the Razorback Foundation.   

Multiple boosters have let Yurachek know they’re pulling their donations until Morris is gone.

This is coming from a former trustee, fwiw.

Porkatarian out...

Have those boosters said WHO they'll put their big money toward?

hobhog

« Reply #124 on: October 15, 2019, 11:16:43 am »

Wrong. Many boosters are more noteworthy than others. They donate 6 figures and normally don't make threats. My little old 5 grand does not make a whimper compared to them but they usually take my call and forward me to higher ups. Been donating and buying season tickets since 1973 and my priority points do get attention. but I'm still just a small fry compared to the ones Porkatarian is referring to.

$5,000 is worth a voice- so are you calling HY and the Razorback Foundation raising hell and threatening to pull donations if CCM isn’t fired?

Boardon Hamsay

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Eponymous Keeper of the War Damn Mockingbird Unis
« Reply #125 on: October 15, 2019, 11:17:27 am »

Jerry is hopefully gonna be writing more than one buyout check over the next few months.

ricepig

« Reply #126 on: October 15, 2019, 11:17:50 am »

I must have missed which ones he referred to?

porkrindjimmy

« Reply #127 on: October 15, 2019, 11:18:16 am »

So....the news here is some people are pissed that Morris isn't winning and are voicing their pissedoffness with phone calls to Hunter? And oh yeah, the foundation?

And when Hunter asks them since they are so riled up and redassed, would they like to cut a check for around 10.5 mil ..they begin stammering and stuttering and telling Hunter to go ask the dude who got us into this mess.

Once again, the man in Dallas will be the linchpin for change.

But some people are mad...

Groundbreaking stuff right here.

PRJ

Jim Harris

• Global Moderator
  • Bring me some DTs!
« Reply #128 on: October 15, 2019, 11:18:32 am »

The phones are ringing off the hook in both the AD’s office and the Razorback Foundation.   

Multiple boosters have let Yurachek know they’re pulling their donations until Morris is gone.

This is coming from a former trustee, fwiw.

Porkatarian out...

He doesn't need boosters PULLING their donations. He needs them ante-ing up $12.25 million to move Chad out.

havok

« Reply #129 on: October 15, 2019, 11:19:33 am »

I have said this more than once. The call for Morris to be fired extends well beyond the message board fans. Literally everyone I know that follows Razorback football is embarrassed by the product on the field. They see it as inept coaching and want this guy gone yesterday. That said, most I talk to don't think he will be gone this year. They are already hunkering down for a repeat next year.

CM had such a low bar of expectations to get over this year, to keep enough people feeling OK with him staying and yet he has not done it. 

All he had to do is not look totally lost, and show clear improvement (Not major improvement but clearly some), in quality of play and management of the team.  (Fail & Fail scores on both).  A vision of the Team being where he said it was going to be.. but I have no clue where this team is going, what to expect game to game.

Großer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm very disappointed...unacceptable- Chadwick
« Reply #130 on: October 15, 2019, 11:19:44 am »

$5,000 is worth a voice- so are you calling HY and the Razorback Foundation raising hell and threatening to pull donations if CCM isn’t fired?

I pretty much told HY after the SJS game that I’m not subsidizing their bad decisions anymore.

scottwillrazbackfan1

« Reply #131 on: October 15, 2019, 11:19:51 am »

Naw, name is too similar to a spare coach.
Bring in bo poli
Bring in bo polini
bring Bo Pelini as a defensive cordinator
Bo Penile

LumberBacks

« Reply #132 on: October 15, 2019, 11:20:40 am »

Stoops could have USC, FSU, AU, Michigan opportunities over the next couple of seasons.  Stop mentioning him.
And Meyer
And any coach near their level. 

Michigan, UCLA, USC will nab the better coaches this yr.  The Arkansas football program is and has been a mess with a reputation of recruiting difficulties, competing with superior programs in Bama, Auburn, LSU and Aggy.  A coach will only come to Arkansas if they see it as an upgrade, and that means a FCS, G5 or coordinator coach.  Face reality.  It won't be touted as a "homerun" hire.  Just look at what happened when Morris was hired.  We didn't have any home runs that took the job.  We got a losing coach from SMU!!

afhogfan1980

• Varsity
« Reply #133 on: October 15, 2019, 11:21:07 am »

bring Bo Pelini as a defensive cordinator
 Bo Penile
this 😂😂😂

Großer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm very disappointed...unacceptable- Chadwick
« Reply #134 on: October 15, 2019, 11:21:12 am »

He doesn't need boosters PULLING their donations. He needs them ante-ing up $12.25 million to move Chad out.

That’s the beginning of the conversation Jim.

porkrindjimmy

« Reply #135 on: October 15, 2019, 11:21:43 am »

The Keyword is former booster. FORMER.

Ain't doubting the words, just this will slip into another Arkansas tallywhacker measuring contest after the deed is done with Chad.

As a matter of fact, the factions are all over the map right now with the Morris situation. There is no consensus amongst anybody.

PRJ

ricepig

« Reply #136 on: October 15, 2019, 11:24:36 am »

The Keyword is former booster. FORMER.

Ain't doubting the words, just this will slip into another Arkansas tallywhacker measuring contest after the deed is done with Chad.

As a matter of fact, the factions are all over the map right now with the Morris situation. There is no consensus amongst anybody.

PRJ

This^^^^ people are pissed, but I haven’t heard of anyone letting their money get mad yet. I still think he gets another year, but that’s just my opinion.

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #137 on: October 15, 2019, 11:24:36 am »

Kind of hard to do if some of the boosters were grossly against the hire to begin with.  You need to turn to the boosters who put him here to pay the buyout and now you really have a battle on your hands.

hawgon

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #138 on: October 15, 2019, 11:25:41 am »

Say what you want, but he won’t get another year barring some miraculous recovery.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #139 on: October 15, 2019, 11:25:49 am »

And Meyer
And any coach near their level. 

Michigan, UCLA, USC will nab the better coaches this yr.  The Arkansas football program is and has been a mess with a reputation of recruiting difficulties, competing with superior programs in Bama, Auburn, LSU and Aggy.  A coach will only come to Arkansas if they see it as an upgrade, and that means a FCS, G5 or coordinator coach.  Face reality.  It won't be touted as a "homerun" hire.  Just look at what happened when Morris was hired.  We didn't have any home runs that took the job.  We got a losing coach from SMU!!

A retread would take it.  Les would have if KU hadn't hired him.  If Muschamp were out, he would (not saying hire him).  Or someone looking to escape a situation and perhaps make at best a lateral given their current conditions.  There will be options.  Very few programs make home run hires in terms of name recognition.  Lots of good coaches over recent years carrying a lot of baggage from previous stops too. 

mj4president

« Reply #140 on: October 15, 2019, 11:27:56 am »

Emails already going out from RF...the sky is falling.

afhogfan1980

• Varsity
« Reply #141 on: October 15, 2019, 11:28:39 am »

Can’t we just get a competent oc and a real honest to god o line coach I mean even uca,s o line is better than ours

hobhog

« Reply #142 on: October 15, 2019, 11:28:45 am »

Say what you want, but he won’t get another year barring some miraculous recovery.

I’d take that bet. Not saying I completely agree on year 3 but he gets it. Especially if pulls off a win or two down the stretch.

HogPharmer

« Reply #143 on: October 15, 2019, 11:29:34 am »

Eh, Stoops took a pay cut from his position in the Oklahoma athletic department to coach stress-free in the XFL. I don't think money really concerns him right now.

Hogville logic explicitly states that he was only doing that to show that he WILL take the Arkansas job on the cheap to help us navigate Morris' buyout so that we can hire him right away! He wants this job and he wants it NOW!!!

hobhog

« Reply #144 on: October 15, 2019, 11:29:55 am »

Confirmed- just bought 2 tickets to basketball game in Little Rock.

hawgon

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #145 on: October 15, 2019, 11:30:02 am »

I’d take that bet. Not saying I completely agree on year 3 but he gets it. Especially if pulls off a win or two down the stretch.

Two wins down the stretch are at this point are firmly within the “miraculous recovery” camp.

He won’t get two wins and he’ll be fired.

HogPharmer

« Reply #146 on: October 15, 2019, 11:31:38 am »

Did anyone get a good look post baby? That can add some good curves.

I think Bret struggled with the baby weight more than Jen did.

Pennywise

« Reply #147 on: October 15, 2019, 11:32:29 am »

Yup, cheap basketball tickets.

RyanMallettsEgo

• Let me buy you lunch
« Reply #148 on: October 15, 2019, 11:32:38 am »

Hogville logic explicitly states that he was only doing that to show that he WILL take the Arkansas job on the cheap to help us navigate Morris' buyout so that we can hire him right away! He wants this job and he wants it NOW!!!

Dammit, you're right.

Hogville logic would follow that since he left a cushy admin job and took less money to coach, then CLEARLY he wants to coach again, and would take under his market value to coach here!

rhames

« Reply #149 on: October 15, 2019, 11:33:17 am »

I still bet he gets next year. Our luck is he beats WKU and Miss State.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 13   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas