• 10,546,569 Posts
• 415,604 Topics
• 23,821 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SEC Coaches ranked  (Read 1356 times)

runninrazorback

SEC Coaches ranked
« on: October 15, 2019, 08:36:03 am »

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/ranking-sec-coaches-midway-point-based-entirely-2019/

14. Chad Morris, Arkansas
You don’t get to move past a loss to San Jose State like it’s nothing. Although Arkansas came into 2019 with low expectations, Morris still doesn’t have his quarterback situation figured out because neither seems to be able to fully grasp his system. The defense? Well, Arkansas just let a receiver start at quarterback and run for nearly 200 yards in a loss to a Kentucky team that was in rough shape offensively before Saturday. Perhaps “Club Dub” should’ve opened when Morris finally beats a Power 5 team at Arkansas. That’ll happen someday … right?

ArkieBacon

• Varsity
  • HogBall Tue. Nov. 12 @ 7:00 PM
Re: SEC Coaches ranked
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 08:49:09 am »

Morris finally beats a Power 5 team at Arkansas. That’ll happen someday … right?

Not this year. And if we keep losing recruits and key players, it might not happen next year either.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 09:26:03 am »

saw a pre season list of all 130 coaches... they had morris at 81... ahead of Luke, and moorehead...

Ex-Trumpet

• Gold Hogvillian
  • When life gives you lemons, get a boob job!
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2019, 09:30:10 am »

Jimbo at 10...love it!!!

Justifiable Hogicide

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2019, 09:32:28 am »

saw a pre season list of all 130 coaches... they had morris at 81... ahead of Luke, and moorehead...
Morris will never sniff 81 again.
He’ll likely never crack 100.

Jimmy

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2019, 02:48:19 pm »

Morris is ranked #113 on yesterday's College Football News list.   

NaturalStateReb

• Czar of Arkansas
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2019, 02:49:25 pm »

If you're behind Matt Luke and Joe Moorhead, you're in it eyeball deep.

GoHogs1091

• Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2019, 04:18:30 pm »

These are probably the top 3 in the SEC.

1. Saban
2. Mullen
3. Stoops

The rest is just a bunch of mediocrity.

GoHogsGo321

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2019, 04:31:30 pm »

These are probably the top 3 in the SEC.

1. Saban
2. Mullen
3. Stoops

The rest is just a bunch of mediocrity.

Scratch Stoops off of that. One year does not equal being better than half of the teams in the SEC.

HardCore

• Hogvillian
  • Was it good for you too, Leo?
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2019, 05:17:23 pm »

Morris is ranked #113 on yesterday's College Football News list.   

But, we need to keep him around for a 3rd year!   :-\

GoHogs1091

• Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2019, 05:30:13 pm »

Scratch Stoops off of that. One year does not equal being better than half of the teams in the SEC.

Considering that Kentucky is basically just a basketball school, and considering the football talent he has to work with, Stoops does a top 3 level type of coaching.

lasthog

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2019, 06:21:35 pm »

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/ranking-sec-coaches-midway-point-based-entirely-2019/

14. Chad Morris, Arkansas
You don’t get to move past a loss to San Jose State like it’s nothing. Although Arkansas came into 2019 with low expectations, Morris still doesn’t have his quarterback situation figured out because neither seems to be able to fully grasp his system. The defense? Well, Arkansas just let a receiver start at quarterback and run for nearly 200 yards in a loss to a Kentucky team that was in rough shape offensively before Saturday. Perhaps “Club Dub” should’ve opened when Morris finally beats a Power 5 team at Arkansas. That’ll happen someday … right?

He is overrated.

GoHogsGo321

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2019, 09:19:24 pm »

Considering that Kentucky is basically just a basketball school, and considering the football talent he has to work with, Stoops does a top 3 level type of coaching.

To say he is 3rd in the sec is a joke. Smart, Malzahn, and even Orgeron have done better so far.  The guy has had plenty of years to change things around. He finally gets his good season and follows it up with a terrible season so far. Losing to Mississippi State and also losing to South Carolina. I would put both of those coaches up with him or even above him.  He obviously didn’t build anything at Kentucky if it goes to crap after 1 good season.

EastArkHog 47

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2019, 05:17:20 am »

This may be the first time we've had a coach ranked last in conference, Smiley Smith doesn't count because he doesn't deserve to be called a coach, Jack Crowe was bad but not as bad as Chad. Worst coach, worst team in the conference.

LZH

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2019, 06:09:03 am »

This may be the first time we've had a coach ranked last in conference, Smiley Smith doesn't count because he doesn't deserve to be called a coach, Jack Crowe was bad but not as bad as Chad. Worst coach, worst team in the conference.

Shame.  This should never, ever happen at Arkansas.

I still have dreams at night that Petrino wasn't such a miserable bastard to work for, enabling him to hire a crackerjack staff.  And I will always stick to my guns that he was much more capable of being an excellent recruiter if he put in the time - his calm demeanor (off the field) and confidence in addition to his offensive prowess would attract some really good talent....and his 'real' staff could be chosen as ace recruiters as well.  Just keeping his sweetie side piece(s) hidden and silent would really help, too.

As it was, he would have flamed out eventually (probably).  But I just like to think 'what if'.  Do I want him back, hell no....his ego started this whole mess, and it's now painfully obvious that he's lost his mojo - he's done.  However, it sure was nice back then starting every Saturday knowing that our defense could have it's moments and his offense was usually effective against some of the best teams in the conference.

We're likely hung with Morris for another year, so I'll deal with it.  But if there's another BM*P out there under the radar, HY needs to be burning the phone up looking for that one guy who can turn this mess around.  And if I were Morris, I'd be on the phone with real leaders (winners) who would take a few minutes to give him some honest advice like Bobby Bowden, Phil Fulmer, Bob Stoops, Steve Spurrier, Jimmy Johnson, etc......picking their brain as to what he needs to do to at least get this program out of the ditch and back on the gravel.  Just dreaming, man....just dreaming.

We are NOT the worst program in the SEC, we've just been dragged down there by people who had no business calling the shots and ignoring the lack of improvement.  Dammit.

SeldomHere

• All-American Hogvillian
  • My all-time favorite gender.
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2019, 12:18:15 pm »

Morris will never sniff 81 again.
He’ll likely never crack 100.

Hey, the man knows math, I believe he can... on math test.

SeldomHere

• All-American Hogvillian
  • My all-time favorite gender.
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2019, 12:21:15 pm »

He is overrated.

I don't see how he could be any lower without including all the conferences he has a losing record in. Pretty sure that would land him in the 30's.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas