• 10,546,500 Posts
• 415,601 Topics
• 23,821 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Evidence suggesting Chad is the man  (Read 6024 times)

redeye

Re: Evidence suggesting Chad is the man
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2019, 05:32:08 pm »

We weren't favored or predicted to win the game.  Kentucky found a way to win.  They certainly had better talent up front on both defense and offense.

Yea, that's why I said I wasn't disappointed that we lost, but that we didn't win.  Going into the game, I wasn't sure if we could win, so I wouldn't have been disappointed if we'd lost. But after the 1st quarter, it was obvious that we had the better team and we still found a way to lose.

Sivad

« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2019, 05:48:21 pm »

Kids won't come here to play for a loser.......The recruiting angle has collapsed.......it's over.......that leaves the emperor without clothes.......He's done.
Attendance - dropping fast.
Donations - way down and dropping.
Fan support - about gone.
Win/Loss record - worst in history.
And now Recruiting - bad and getting worse.

Why keep him?
Or rather - How CAN you keep him?

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

TheRazorbackGuy

« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2019, 07:14:40 am »

Attendance - dropping fast.
Donations - way down and dropping.
Fan support - about gone.
Win/Loss record - worst in history.
And now Recruiting - bad and getting worse.

Why keep him?
Or rather - How CAN you keep him?

Keep him for allowing a clown to showcase the animals for a petting zoo

jimmur74

« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2019, 07:23:25 am »

Please dont compare the kid from Kentucky to Matt Jones. Please just stop. As for all the rest bottom line is coaching is the difference in winning and losing competitive games

We beat the spread (gambling) against Kentucky.

We beat the spread against A&M.

Maybe the Hogs are getting better despite how ugly things have looked. We're clearly pressing, and that makes everyone play worse.  Confidence matters, and we have none.   We're finding ways to lose... I feel it.  You feel it.  You know the players feel it. 

If we're finding outrage for letting a WR beat us from the QB position... I suggest the best QB the Hogs have put on the field in my lifetime was a WR - Matt Jones. I don't think Matt practiced the position much (or well).  The guy was a freak athlete and knew how to win.  So is Bowdin.

The fact that Chad seems lost is consistent with what we saw from Bret with his team.  This is my greatest concern.  Neither understands our guys' failure to respond in ways they expected. There must be some serious crap wrong with the mentality of this team.  Weening this disease cost us our upperclassmen, forcing us into battle with a bunch of newbs.  Football is better played with physical maturity... 2 years isn't enough time for SEC football.

The SJS loss is the unforgivable.  The last 2 games have sent many over the edge - but I don't know why.  We almost won both games. Maybe we should have won the games. But we beat the oddsmakers.

Listen to player interviews. We have a bunch of great young men on this team.  Pretty soon, they're going to get pissed off and believe in themselves. They are going to win a football game - which will help them win again, and win another.

We don't know the guys that are leaving the program. Maybe they need to leave. There were many problems on the team last year. Maybe these guys need to move on for their benefit and ours.  No honest fan is surprised by Crawford's decommit.  Kids falling by the wayside today lack the mental strength needed to rebuild this thing.

There are plenty of players. We just need to recruit the right ones. We're only after 20 guys a year.  They are available. We need to look to jucos and grad transfers to put a few years into the program.

Chad's a good man. We're told by reliable sources that the coaching in practice isn't the problem.  That our problem is depth, which any coach will need more time to cure.

jimmur74

« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2019, 07:25:52 am »

Actually no we arent. What makes this hard to take is the fact this team has been in position even at ole miss to win every game. The right coach easily has this team 4-2 or  probably 5-1

We are worse than last year.

jimmur74

« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2019, 07:29:11 am »

By the way Ive seen the Crawford kid play he could start now on our O line. We cant afford to lose recruits like him. This is on the coaching purely because of poor results on the field. Its the repercussions of sucking at your Job Chad

Locutus_of_Boar

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2019, 07:32:37 am »

When a team just beats the spread, does that go in the W column or the L column?

When a team loses and only manages to beat the spread because a winless team in conference, quarterbacked by a wide receiver is kneeling in victory formation on the 5 yard line...you can safely put that one in the L column.

hoglady

« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2019, 08:13:47 am »

This schedule to date was the perfect opportunity for a competent coach to show improvement and go into the brutal part of the schedule with a winning record. Morris has failed miserably. It set up perfectly and he blew it.

It's almost laughable how horrible he is.

lumphog

• I love this picture
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2019, 08:38:21 am »

When a team just beats the spread, does that go in the W column or the L column?
. Depends on who you bet on

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Nadine Coyle shakin it for the Hogs!!!!
« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2019, 08:49:51 am »

I think that the staff - whoever it is - must focus on jucos this year.  Like 5 or 6 of 'em.

We need to fill some gaps with a little more maturity.  We are recruiting against fewer blue bloods when looking for these guys, and it seems the high school guys may be cooling to us.

We should take some pride in this... let them know that they come in as a club of impact difference makers.  Their time is today.  They are not some outsider on the roster.

I agree that the best case scenario for everyone is if Morris can get this ship headed in the right direction and start finding a way to win games. He had that chance this year and really, this team should be sitting at least at 4-2/5-1 and an argument could even be made for 6-0. And we aren't the only people recognizing that. Recruits and their families are watching.

Any way you cut it, for a myriad of reasons, we are actually 2-4 headed into a tough 2 game stretch that probably finds us at 2-6. That's not good, especially if the team is "fragile" as Morris claims, something he should never have said in a recorded interview. Yet another mistake in judgement in my opinion.

Now I would agree that this team is better than they have played at times but how a team plays in a game is largely up to the coaching staff in terms of preparation and execution on the field. We've been close, sure. Are we young? Absolutely. And, while I do think this is a slightly improved team over last year, it appears that the coaching staff is making a lot of the same mistakes that they made last year. You just can't have that.

I also wonder how Morris and crew are going to continue to sell the notion to recruits that they "just have to trust the process"? That sure would be easier to sell if we were 5-1 right now without the SJSU loss. Think Crawford would be de-committed right now? None of us know for certain, but I don't think so.

Everyone (including Morris) may be waiting for 2020 to bear fruit, but you have to show improvement this year in my opinion. It's a leaky ship right now and starting to list.

007 License To Squeal

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Fmr USAF Combat Crew Titan II Launch Crew Member
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2019, 08:55:21 am »

I agree that the best case scenario for everyone is if Morris can get this ship headed in the right direction and start finding a way to win games. He had that chance this year and really, this team should be sitting at least at 4-2/5-1 and an argument could even be made for 6-0. And we aren't the only people recognizing that. Recruits and their families are watching.

Any way you cut it, for a myriad of reasons, we are actually 2-4 headed into a tough 2 game stretch that probably finds us at 2-6. That's not good, especially if the team is "fragile" as Morris claims, something he should never have said in a recorded interview. Yet another mistake in judgement in my opinion.

Now I would agree that this team is better than they have played at times but how a team plays in a game is largely up to the coaching staff in terms of preparation and execution on the field. We've been close, sure. Are we young? Absolutely. And, while I do think this is a slightly improved team over last year, it appears that the coaching staff is making a lot of the same mistakes that they made last year. You just can't have that.

I also wonder how Morris and crew are going to continue to sell the notion to recruits that they "just have to trust the process"? That sure would be easier to sell if we were 5-1 right now without the SJSU loss. Think Crawford would be de-committed right now? None of us know for certain, but I don't think so.

Everyone (including Morris) may be waiting for 2020 to bear fruit, but you have to show improvement this year in my opinion. It's a leaky ship right now and starting to list.

^^^Most common sense post I've seen in quite a while^^^  Unless Morris can start finding a way to win with the players we currently have, his goals will not move forward.....and the beat downs coming in the next 2 weeks might just shake a couple of current players loose.

al_pigcino

« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2019, 08:57:53 am »

Kids want two things when choosing an SEC school - the chance to play early (lower tier teams like Arkansas) or to show their stuff among the best.

We do not gain anything by getting beat at home to teams like SJS.  The edge is gone. 

justmakeit2thebcs

« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2019, 09:00:22 am »

Maybe the Hogs are getting better despite how ugly things have looked. We're clearly pressing, and that makes everyone play worse.  Confidence matters, and we have none.   We're finding ways to lose... I feel it.  You feel it.  You know the players feel it. 

If we're finding outrage for letting a WR beat us from the QB position... I suggest the best QB the Hogs have put on the field in my lifetime was a WR - Matt Jones. I don't think Matt practiced the position much (or well).  The guy was a freak athlete and knew how to win.  So is Bowdin.

The fact that Chad seems lost is consistent with what we saw from Bret with his team.  This is my greatest concern.  Neither understands our guys' failure to respond in ways they expected. There must be some serious crap wrong with the mentality of this team.  Weening this disease cost us our upperclassmen, forcing us into battle with a bunch of newbs.  Football is better played with physical maturity... 2 years isn't enough time for SEC football.

The SJS loss is the unforgivable.  The last 2 games have sent many over the edge - but I don't know why.  We almost won both games. Maybe we should have won the games. But we beat the oddsmakers.

Listen to player interviews. We have a bunch of great young men on this team.  Pretty soon, they're going to get pissed off and believe in themselves. They are going to win a football game - which will help them win again, and win another.

We don't know the guys that are leaving the program. Maybe they need to leave. There were many problems on the team last year. Maybe these guys need to move on for their benefit and ours.  No honest fan is surprised by Crawford's decommit.  Kids falling by the wayside today lack the mental strength needed to rebuild this thing.

There are plenty of players. We just need to recruit the right ones. We're only after 20 guys a year.  They are available. We need to look to jucos and grad transfers to put a few years into the program.

Chad's a good man. We're told by reliable sources that the coaching in practice isn't the problem.  That our problem is depth, which any coach will need more time to cure.
We beat the spread because expectations are so low, now because we got better.

Matt Jones has nothing to do with losing to Kentucky.  Matt played QB every week.  They guy was basically just a throw in.

Quit implying Crawford doens't have mental strength, because he decommits.   

What makes you think Chad is a good man? from interviews?   I can tell you players don't trust him.  Good men don't need two faces in my book.

Reliable sources say....coaching in practice isn't the problem?   2-3 record against G5 teams and no wins against P5 team say otherwise.  You play the way you practice. 

Look at what good coaching is doing at SMU without Chad's players. 

BASED on power Ratings,  we would be ranked...
9th in the American conference.
8th in the Mountain West (Still ahead of SJSU and Colo St)

We'd be a 3 point underdog to LAMO on a neutral field and 7.5 dog to SMU.

razback

• Varsity
« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2019, 09:16:00 am »

The only team that really blew us out was Ole Miss and if we'd played halfway decent, that wouldn't have happened.  Our losses have been close (though the SJS loss was a disaster).  I've seen a little improvement this year.  However, I don't believe it's enough to keep Morris if we lose our remaining games.  I believe he needs to win at least 1 SEC game and also beat W. Kentucky to keep his job. If not, he's gone.

Supermark101

• Hogvillian
  • We all need a little Love
« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2019, 09:19:39 am »

Considering we were often blow out last year, it IS improvement. People don't understand how bad the culture had gotten with CBB.

SMB Hogfan

« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2019, 09:19:51 am »

We beat the spread because expectations are so low, now because we got better.

Matt Jones has nothing to do with losing to Kentucky.  Matt played QB every week.  They guy was basically just a throw in.

Quit implying Crawford doens't have mental strength, because he decommits.   

What makes you think Chad is a good man? from interviews?   I can tell you players don't trust him.  Good men don't need two faces in my book.

Reliable sources say....coaching in practice isn't the problem?   2-3 record against G5 teams and no wins against P5 team say otherwise.  You play the way you practice. 

Look at what good coaching is doing at SMU without Chad's players. 

BASED on power Ratings,  we would be ranked...
9th in the American conference.
8th in the Mountain West (Still ahead of SJSU and Colo St)

We'd be a 3 point underdog to LAMO on a neutral field and 7.5 dog to SMU.

This is the simple truth of it. This can't go on much longer.

ArkieBacon

• Varsity
  • HogBall Tue. Nov. 12 @ 7:00 PM
« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2019, 10:02:25 am »

If CCM gets year 3, he will win more games than this year and more than likely get his first (maybe only) SEC win.
No doubt.

BUT, CCM will never meet the expectations of the fan base, even worse the donors. Even with his team in place running his scheme we'll lose to better coaches in SEC. Too many red flags that he is not a good coach at this level. Yes, CCM is a great guy and more than likely will not have scandals, and that is why I wish him well and to have a great career somewhere else.

OkieBack

« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2019, 10:10:08 am »

We are worse than last year.

I disagree.  At worst they are no better than last year.  But I do think the Hogs play much cleaner this year.  Our special teams are solid.  I'm not sure what to think of Chavis and the defense.  Morris hasn't been great playing the QB's and he definitely hasn't helped put up points. 

Everyone is frustrated with the W/L column.  I'm not saying the coaches don't deserve criticism because they do.  But don't fault many of our up-and-coming great players just because they are young.  Nobody wants to be judged on their play/behavior when they are younger rather than older. 

Many of these young players are learning how to grow into their positions and learning how to win IN THE SEC.  They don't have it yet, but they will eventually.  Whether Morris is their coach two years from now...who knows.  Its up to the coaches and this team to make an impact and prove they are getting better, and of course we as fans gauge this with wins.  And they all know this.  Fair or not.

hoglady

« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2019, 10:34:04 am »

If CCM gets year 3, he will win more games than this year and more than likely get his first (maybe only) SEC win.
No doubt.

BUT, CCM will never meet the expectations of the fan base, even worse the donors. Even with his team in place running his scheme we'll lose to better coaches in SEC. Too many red flags that he is not a good coach at this level. Yes, CCM is a great guy and more than likely will not have scandals, and that is why I wish him well and to have a great career somewhere else.

But next year's early schedule does not set up well for us at all.

Kent St
Notre Dame
Ms. St.
Aggies
charleston
Bama
LSU

Good chance of starting the season 1-3 then sitting at 2-5.

This was the year set up to show the upward trajectory and he just didn't do it.

Seebs

« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2019, 10:40:17 am »

My wife cheated on me for six days out of the week so I should be happy with the one day she was loyal?  Silver linings are for those that have already lost.  Winners make others seek silver linings.

code red

• You can't handle the truth!!!!!!
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2019, 10:48:20 am »

This was the easiest schedule we have had in years.  Yes. This team is worse than last year easily.

Iwastherein1969

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Greatest warriors to ever tred planet Earth
« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2019, 02:35:44 pm »

The spread is nothing more than public perception. Beating the spread week after week only means you are better than people generally think you are. Which isn't much. We're still losing.
True to a certain extent.

PackingAHawg54

• Band Nerd
« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2019, 04:43:15 pm »

Please give examples other than beating the spread why you would disagree. A loss is a loss, a win is a win and the difference in score does not really matter.

Well for starter, we beat a CO St we lost to last year. And while the offense is inconsistent, it shows flashes. Last year we didn't even run a system really. Some of our best play makers are Chad's guys, and other than Rakeem are freshmen who will only get better. And yes, the record is bad this year. But this time last year we had a 7 point loss to CO St, a 27 point loss to North Texas (at home), a no show offensive game against A&M, and blow outs to Auburn and Bama. Yes, the schedule was easier last year than it is this year and we have the same record and yes the SJSU loss is bade. But we have a better offense, more play makers, have only lost one game at home, and have yet to lose by more than one possesion.

HotlantaHog

« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2019, 05:12:09 pm »

Chad Morris:
--Helped build Clemson into a national power, won 2 of 3 last championships.
--Recruited Deshaun Watson from Georgia, which was key to lifting Clemson to another level.
--Great high school coach in Texas.
--Huge recruiting ties in Texas, a key to Arkansas winning.
--Very good recruiting at Arkansas.
--Playing a ton of young players who are not ready because CBB left little talent on campus.
--Improved SMU every year there.
--No off-field distractions or disasters.

Reminder, there were lots of good reasons Arkansas hired Chad Morris -- and while the performance on the field to date has been disappointing (and worse than expected), we all knew this was a big project and was going to take some time.

I would put down the pitchforks and give Chad a bit of time. We may all be surprised.

KCRazorbackfan

« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2019, 05:17:35 pm »

You have really drank the kool-aid.

« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2019, 06:02:44 pm »

I believe we are talent short, maybe only Vandy being less talented and that's a guess.  But great talent doesn't cause you to face 3rd and 2 and leave your power back on the sideline and appear to call a play running parallel to the LOS with your 2nd choice RB and a very weak o-line.  A formula for failure and it was.  You don't waste your final TO of the half when u r in field goal range, after letting the called play run over halfway through the sequence using precious time and install a play that went nowhere as time ran out and never get a shot at a very makable field goal.  This is 2 star coaching in 5 star moment. 

UAGolfer1981

« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2019, 06:19:54 pm »

Chad Morris:
--Recruited Deshaun Watson from Georgia, which was key to lifting Clemson to another level.
--Playing a ton of young players who are not ready because CBB left little talent on campus.

Reminder, there were lots of good reasons Arkansas hired Chad Morris -- and while the performance on the field to date has been disappointing (and worse than expected), we all knew this was a big project and was going to take some time.

I would put down the pitchforks and give Chad a bit of time. We may all be surprised.

Good post and points.  I hate watching the Hogs lose, but this team has improved, just not as fast as we all as fans want.  The last 7+ years in the cycle of suck brings additional pressure on CMM to turn this around.  Said a different way, if we look at just CMM's tenure, the program has improved from year 1 to year 2. 

We can't fault CMM for the failures of JLS and BB.  The program was in steady decline and accelerated when Pittman left.  If you need visual proof, go back and watch any game in 2017.  You'll see a lack of preparation, effort, speed and talented depth. We were getting beat in every facet of the game...offense, defense, special teams. I actually saw players quit, which turned my stomach worse than losing.   Again, I hate losing, but this team gives effort and has much more speed, just not depth particularly on the OL and DL that the team of 2017.

That being said, as a fan I am tired of losing....particularly to non-SEC opponents. There is no excuse for NT, CSU, SJS loses. 

I am not letting go off the rope yet with CMM, but the second half of year 2 is critical.

Philip Seaton

• Global Moderator
  • Hogvillian
  • "Hazard Yet Forward"
« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2019, 06:22:54 pm »

So you are saying because Arkansas is beating what the oddsmakers say, that he deserves a year three? Seriously?!?! You mentioned San Jose State. You do realize SJS is 2-4 and they lost to a Nevada team that Hawaii beat by 51? He also just lost his ONLY OL commitment. Seriously, his only one.

ballz2thewall

« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2019, 06:43:02 pm »

talent wise we have better talent, but in this business, "pretty is as pretty does"....so we are worse than last year.....all I heard off season was how we only were working with 30% of the offense and if you can't see that was a bald face lie, I've got some property to sell in the stagnant part of Lake Conway...dude, our center has maybe added 1/2 mph on his delivery to the quarterback...many times its literally a battle to see which makes the 5 feet or so first, the snapped ball or the DE of the opposing team

i'm probably not on point here, so forgive me........

but we do not have talent, as a group, on the DL and OL.

as a unit, THESE two crucial units are effectively, untalented. anyone that says "but look at _______; he's a stud", isn't dealing with reality nor are they watching the same game i watch.

hell; we got a superstar on our DL that takes himself out of more plays than i can count. dude has skills, but he sure seems reserved when applying them.

the OL; it's such a patchwork quilt that quantifying it is impossible.

ArkansasI

« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2019, 07:47:12 pm »

i'm probably not on point here, so forgive me........

but we do not have talent, as a group, on the DL and OL.

as a unit, THESE two crucial units are effectively, untalented. anyone that says "but look at _______; he's a stud", isn't dealing with reality nor are they watching the same game i watch.

hell; we got a superstar on our DL that takes himself out of more plays than i can count. dude has skills, but he sure seems reserved when applying them.

the OL; it's such a patchwork quilt that quantifying it is impossible.

I see the same things, except we also don't have LBs, and our WRs were in high school last year.  We're filling holes with youth in areas that require maturity.

I'm not defending the early games, but one can argue the Hogs are playing better.

I don't know if Chad is two faced. I don't know if the players are quitting or giving their best.

I do know that if I was looking for a coach, I'd look for a guy that has been part of the country's best programs - preferably in a position of leadership, demonstrated success leading his own program, and great recruiting ties within our historical recruiting territory.

Maybe I should give Chad the benefit of knowing more than me about football, maybe I should give him a couple of years to instill the maturity in the Hogs that is so clearly lacking, and maybe we should reserve judgment until year 2 has played out.

Uncle Piggly

• Walk-On
« Reply #80 on: October 16, 2019, 08:13:48 pm »

I’m more impressed with our head coach than some of these lame, fair weather fans. Jeffy Boy and Big Bert left the program in shambles. We are in the SEC West and have way too many young players that are inexperienced. We don’t have a true SEC QB. It will take some time and patience. Having an unsupportive fan base is not the answer.

ballz2thewall

« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2019, 08:17:15 pm »

We weren't favored or predicted to win the game.  Kentucky found a way to win.  They certainly had better talent up front on both defense and offense.

YES they did,

as does EVERY team we play.

Shoat

• Varsity
« Reply #82 on: October 16, 2019, 09:13:16 pm »

I disagree that this is proof that Chad is the man.

I see the exact opposite.

Last year was understandable, but this year we should have been a team on schedule to win all 4 non-conference games and at least one conference win.  2 years without a conference win is unacceptable for a P5 program.

He is in over his head and will continue to come up short.  6 wins might be his ceiling here if we choose to keep him.

Some coaches are just career OC's.

Chad has the look and feel of an OC, not a HC

Hawg Law 7

« Reply #83 on: October 16, 2019, 10:31:57 pm »

Please give examples other than beating the spread why you would disagree. A loss is a loss, a win is a win and the difference in score does not really matter.

Compared to last year, we are better statistically in:

Total Offense
Passing Yards/g
Passing Efficiency Offense
Rushing Yards/g
1st Down Offense
3rd Down Offense
Scoring Offense

Total Defense
Passing Yards Allowed/g
Passing Efficiency Defense
Scoring Defense

Turnover Margin
Net Punting
Punt Return Avg

I am just as frustrated as everyone else at the lack of winning, and I’m not the biggest fan of the coaching staff. But to say this team is worse than last year’s team is absolute nonsense.

Should they have beaten Kentucky? Yes. Texas A&M? Yep. San Jose State? Absolutely.

However, just because we could and SHOULD have won those games, does not mean we are a worse football team than last year. Apart from SJSU, last year’s team wouldn’t have even had the ability to be in position to give away those wins.

And since we’re bringing up Vegas spreads, this year’s team would probably be favored by 14+, which I think they’d easily cover.

I_Called_That_Play_Brotha

« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2019, 10:43:18 pm »

Chad has the look and feel of an OC, not a HC

And I don't buy the youth excuse.

If our sophomore gets run over by their 5th year senior due to development? Technique? Athleticism? That's youth.

That our sophomore doesn't even know where to line up? That's Chad Morris.

ballz2thewall

« Reply #85 on: October 16, 2019, 10:53:33 pm »

And I don't buy the youth excuse.

If our sophomore gets run over by their 5th year senior due to development? Technique? Athleticism? That's youth.

That our sophomore doesn't even know where to line up? That's Chad Morris.

riiiiiiiight.

everybody kicks asss with underclassmen. that's why it's so COMMON!

Ex-Trumpet

• Gold Hogvillian
  • When life gives you lemons, get a boob job!
« Reply #86 on: October 16, 2019, 11:01:16 pm »

None. There is none.

kodiakisland

« Reply #87 on: October 16, 2019, 11:26:22 pm »

So you think we are getting better because we don't lose to teams like Kentucky as much as Vegas thinks we will?  Hey, progress is not being expected to lose against teams like Kentucky.

okrazorback

• Varsity
« Reply #88 on: October 17, 2019, 12:31:52 am »

Being close is not all that good. A loss is a loss.

okrazorback

• Varsity
« Reply #89 on: October 17, 2019, 12:40:51 am »

Wins are how you are judged in this game.  We're losing.  No sensible person predicted us to have a winning season.  Sure, many of us had hopes that we could beat the odds and be 6-6 or better, but that was based only on an optimistic wish. 
SEC Media picked us to be last in the West.  We have basically lost one game that we weren't predicted to lose (SJSU).  SEC coaches knew we'd be last.  They understand how bad the talent situation is and the only solution is to recruit your way out of it.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/sec-coaches-talk-anonymously-about-conference-foes-2019

Or get the right coach and coach your way out of it.

plumbhog

« Reply #90 on: October 17, 2019, 12:48:14 am »

At the rate we're going Burks,Knox, and Jefferson will all be gone before we have a realistic chance at a winning season.

Sweet Feet

• Hogvillian
« Reply #91 on: October 17, 2019, 01:30:26 am »

Chad Morris:

Chad Morris as head coach
--Losing record
--Only 1 winning season
--Only has beaten 3 teams with a winning record
--No wins vs P5 teams
--First Arkansas coach to lose 10 games and is in danger of repeating this year.
--First Arkansas coach in the poll era to lose to two midmajors in the same season.
--Has as many midmajor losses as Nutt, JLS, and Bielema combined in 1.25 years.
--First Arkansas coach to lose by 4 TDs at home to a midmajor
--Joins Danny Ford for most losses to a midmajor in Razorback history.
--In danger of being the first hog coach to go winless in conference play in back to back seasons.
--Losing recruits and players transferring.

The way the SEC West is shaping up along with a non-conf power team on schedule again, idk if people are willing to wait more than 3 years

k.c.hawg

« Reply #92 on: October 17, 2019, 06:29:14 am »

If you don't fully understand the spread and what goes into setting it, you probably should not use it as evidence to support an argument. The fact that Vegas can set that spread and have a home team not cover against one of the worst football teams in the P5, is why they have a sports book in every billion dollar hotel out there. It gives zero indication that the Hogs are getting better.

ArkansasI

« Reply #93 on: October 17, 2019, 08:57:18 am »

If you don't fully understand the spread and what goes into setting it, you probably should not use it as evidence to support an argument. The fact that Vegas can set that spread and have a home team not cover against one of the worst football teams in the P5, is why they have a sports book in every billion dollar hotel out there. It gives zero indication that the Hogs are getting better.
I get it...  I understand the criticism for the comparison.

I am also not the guy that takes consolation from moral victories.  I thought we were way too happy with the performance against A&M.

All I'm saying is the Hogs are hanging tight - with an opportunity to win - against teams with superior talent and expectations of beating us.

There remains no excuse for what happened against PSU, SJSU and, to a degree, CSU.  The Ole Miss game pissed me off, too.  I don't understand why a college team can't find a way to bring pressure - I'm left to believe that being razor thin at LB is adversely affecting our DL play.

My primary angst with us - as fans - is we have allowed the A&M and Kentucky games to send us over the edge.  I don't get it - we have shown improvement in those games.  The time to let go of the rope was Portland State, or SJSU at the latest.  Those games made plenty of us hoppin' mad, but nothing like the discourse we're having post Kentucky.  Being honest, we're embarrassed that we let a WR play QB and beat us.

I'd rather have that WR as our QB than who we have starting.  No offense to Nick and Ben, but Bowdin can run like a deer and his passing was as accurate as I've seen from our guys.

Arkansas Hog in Dallas

« Reply #94 on: October 17, 2019, 09:00:53 am »

riiiiiiiight.

everybody kicks asss with underclassmen. that's why it's so COMMON!

There’s a clear distinction between not “kicking ass” and losing to SJSU. That gives me the impression that once these young guys are juniors and seniors we may win 1-2 SEC games, which isn’t good enough

TheRazorbackGuy

« Reply #95 on: October 19, 2019, 02:20:00 pm »

Chad Morris:

Comments from a poster who is okay with being a defeatist loser!

Shoop

• Varsity
« Reply #96 on: October 20, 2019, 05:04:02 pm »

Do you still think he's the man?

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Nadine Coyle shakin it for the Hogs!!!!
« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2019, 05:17:17 pm »

^^^Most common sense post I've seen in quite a while^^^  Unless Morris can start finding a way to win with the players we currently have, his goals will not move forward.....and the beat downs coming in the next 2 weeks might just shake a couple of current players loose.

And the beat down yesterday has already shaken another loose and I think there will be more.

BILLYBOB

• Jack And Coke Please
« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2019, 05:24:01 pm »

At the end of this season, Chad Morris will be on the hottest hot seat in college football. No QUALITY offensive or defensive coordinators are going to upend their families and put their long-term careers at risk to join a sinking ship. And without better assistant coaches the Hogs will continue to be horrible. Nothing will change.

Therefore, Chad must be replaced.

If Morris hadvreplaced his coordinators at the end of last year he maybe could’ve attracted some high quality assistants and got the program moving in the right direction. But now it is, sadly, too late. 

007 License To Squeal

• Global Moderator
  • Fmr USAF Combat Crew Titan II Launch Crew Member
« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2019, 05:32:29 pm »

And the beat down yesterday has already shaken another loose and I think there will be more.

Next week will be a real gut check for players still committed to Morris and crew.......I just don't see any turn around in sight .........No quality coordinators would touch this program with Morris......the only solution I see is to wipe the slate clean from Morris on down.  When...not if.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas