• 10,555,006 Posts
• 415,785 Topics
• 23,846 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Evidence suggesting Chad is the man  (Read 6035 times)

ArkansasI

Evidence suggesting Chad is the man
« on: October 14, 2019, 09:07:57 pm »

We beat the spread (gambling) against Kentucky.

We beat the spread against A&M.

Maybe the Hogs are getting better despite how ugly things have looked. We're clearly pressing, and that makes everyone play worse.  Confidence matters, and we have none.   We're finding ways to lose... I feel it.  You feel it.  You know the players feel it. 

If we're finding outrage for letting a WR beat us from the QB position... I suggest the best QB the Hogs have put on the field in my lifetime was a WR - Matt Jones. I don't think Matt practiced the position much (or well).  The guy was a freak athlete and knew how to win.  So is Bowdin.

The fact that Chad seems lost is consistent with what we saw from Bret with his team.  This is my greatest concern.  Neither understands our guys' failure to respond in ways they expected. There must be some serious crap wrong with the mentality of this team.  Weening this disease cost us our upperclassmen, forcing us into battle with a bunch of newbs.  Football is better played with physical maturity... 2 years isn't enough time for SEC football.

The SJS loss is the unforgivable.  The last 2 games have sent many over the edge - but I don't know why.  We almost won both games. Maybe we should have won the games. But we beat the oddsmakers.

Listen to player interviews. We have a bunch of great young men on this team.  Pretty soon, they're going to get pissed off and believe in themselves. They are going to win a football game - which will help them win again, and win another.

We don't know the guys that are leaving the program. Maybe they need to leave. There were many problems on the team last year. Maybe these guys need to move on for their benefit and ours.  No honest fan is surprised by Crawford's decommit.  Kids falling by the wayside today lack the mental strength needed to rebuild this thing.

There are plenty of players. We just need to recruit the right ones. We're only after 20 guys a year.  They are available. We need to look to jucos and grad transfers to put a few years into the program.

Chad's a good man. We're told by reliable sources that the coaching in practice isn't the problem.  That our problem is depth, which any coach will need more time to cure.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 10:05:19 pm by ArkansasI »

Muleriderhog

• Senior
  • For the love of God, please hire Kiffin.
Re: Evidence suggesting Chad is the man
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 09:10:07 pm »

We are worse than last year.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

RiotHog5

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 09:13:20 pm »

I would disagree with that

Justifiable Hogicide

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2019, 09:14:33 pm »

Only to be eclipsed by next year if Yurachek is stupid enough to bring Chad Morris back.

(notOM)Rebel123

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2019, 09:15:07 pm »

When a team just beats the spread, does that go in the W column or the L column?

pigzwillrise

• All-American Hogvillian
  • WOOOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2019, 09:15:24 pm »

We do know how to make Vegas dumb. No doubt.

Muleriderhog

• Senior
  • For the love of God, please hire Kiffin.
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2019, 09:16:34 pm »

Only to be eclipsed by next year if Yurachek is stupid enough to bring Chad Morris back.
We would probably only win 1 game next year. The schedule is tough as hell.

Jahog2020

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2019, 09:18:03 pm »

Maybe the Hogs are getting better despite how ugly things have looked. We're clearly pressing, and that makes everyone play worse.  Confidence matters, and we have non.   We're finding ways to lose... I feel it.  You feel it.  You know the players feel it. 

If we're finding outrage for letting a WR beat us from the QB position... I suggest the best QB the Hogs have put on the field in my lifetime was a WR - Matt Jones. I don't think Matt practiced the position much (or well).  The guy was a freak athlete and knew how to win.  So is Bowdin.

The fact that Chad seems lost is consistent with what we saw from Bret with his team.  This is my greatest concern.  Neither understands our guys' failure to respond in ways they expected. There must be some serious crap wrong with the mentality of this team.  Weening this disease cost us our upperclassmen, forcing us into battle with a bunch of newbs.  Football is better played with physical maturity... 2 years isn't enough time for SEC football.

The SJSU is the unforgivable.  The last 2 games have sent many over the edge - but I don't know why.  We almost won both games. Maybe we should have won the games. But we beat the oddsmakers.

Listen to player interviews. We have a bunch of great young men on this team.  Pretty soon, they're going to get pissed off and believe in themselves. They are going to win a football game - which will help them win again, and win another.

We don't know the guys that are leaving the program. Maybe they need to leave. There were many problems on the team last year. Maybe these guys need to move on for their benefit and ours.  No honest fan is surprised by Crawford's decommit.  Kids falling by the wayside today lack the mental strength needed to rebuild this thing.

There are plenty of players. We just need to recruit the right goes. We're only after 20 guys a year.  They are available. We need to look to jucos and grad transfers to put a few years into the program.

Chad's a good man. We're told by reliable sources that the coaching in practice isn't the problem.  That our problem is depth, which any coach will need more time to cure.

I may be the only person on HV, but I agree with you.  We have not been getting blown out.  Of course that most likely will start happening this weekend.

007 License To Squeal

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Fmr USAF Combat Crew Titan II Launch Crew Member
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2019, 09:19:46 pm »

"Incompetence should never be rewarded with blind loyalty"

BroyledNutts

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2019, 09:21:01 pm »

I respect your thoughts, Ark, but I was unaware that the purpose and intent of a D1 football program was to beat the spread.

SeldomHere

• My all-time favorite gender.
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2019, 09:25:33 pm »

Please give examples other than beating the spread why you would disagree. A loss is a loss, a win is a win and the difference in score does not really matter.

Ex-Trumpet

• Gold Hogvillian
  • When life gives you lemons, get a boob job!
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2019, 09:26:35 pm »

When a team just beats the spread, does that go in the W column or the L column?

I guess it depends on where you had your bets.

HardCore

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2019, 09:33:36 pm »

I’m still searching for the evidence.  ???

TheEnemy

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2019, 09:33:40 pm »

I disagree that this is proof that Chad is the man.

I see the exact opposite.

Last year was understandable, but this year we should have been a team on schedule to win all 4 non-conference games and at least one conference win.  2 years without a conference win is unacceptable for a P5 program.

He is in over his head and will continue to come up short.  6 wins might be his ceiling here if we choose to keep him.

Some coaches are just career OC's.

TheEnemy

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2019, 09:44:33 pm »

Not so fun fact.... the SEC record for longest conference losing streak is 23 by Vandy.  The 2nd longest is 18 by South Carolina.

ArkansasI

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2019, 09:53:30 pm »

I respect your thoughts, Ark, but I was unaware that the purpose and intent of a D1 football program was to beat the spread.

Thanks for the reply.

Of course you're right... We've got to win games and it's about to get tougher.

But our fans on HV go from moral victory to mortal defeat. I'm not happy about our record, but I was far more upset following our first 4 games than our last 2 - and 2 of those were wins.

The Hogs were competitive in the last 2 games.  I find no victory in defeat. But I'm not sure we should abandon the war before the artillery arrives, either. Based upon information shared on this board, the Hogs simply don't have the bodies to play good football.  I don't think we can put that on Chad.

I suppose we could throw more freshmen out there, but I doubt 22 freshmen are going to win any games.  As a coach and father, I would think the safety of these players means a great deal to Chad.  College football at any level is a far cry from high school.  Players go through a lot of maturity the first few years of college, and the speed of the game... There are reasons to take our lumps with the guys that are playing.

That said, Chad's record here sucks. No getting around that.  But he beat some of the teams we're losing to while he was at SMU.  That tells me there may be far more to our problem than what meets the eyes.

Certainly, it's Chad's problem to fix.  But when you're trying to put together a war machine you need time to assemble parts.  The key to most wars is developing logistics to feed the front.  We are navigating uncharted territory.  We don't have any example to compare ourselves against these last 7 or 8 years.  Unprecedented territory... going to take some pretty rare breeds to pull us out of this thing.

Gotta love, love, love what you see from several of our young guys.  We have upperclassmen making solid contributions, too.  Just not near enough.

We need time.  Trouble is, the last 7 haven't advanced our mission.  Seems we had a plague that needs to die out.  So we're suffering.

hawaiianhogster

• Varsity
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2019, 09:58:33 pm »

It is best to wait until the season is over before deciding to jump off a cliff to hire someone you haven't met yet or take a chance on someone that could completely ruin the program by cheating and getting caught.

Let them finish with their head coach.

ArkansasI

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2019, 10:01:43 pm »

The thing that frustrates me most about Chad is his character. The very thing I respect about him, too.  Still, while we're suffering through this shitstorm I'd like to see him get mad as hell.  We're all mad, and we want to know that he is one of us - mad as hell, too.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 08:52:44 am by ArkansasI »

Justifiable Hogicide

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2019, 10:02:37 pm »

Let them finish with their head coach.
Morris is not a coach. He is a high school clown. And fraud.

BroyledNutts

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2019, 10:05:55 pm »

Thanks for the reply.

Of course you're right... We've got to win games and it's about to get tougher.

But our fans on HV go from moral victory to mortal defeat. I'm not happy about our record, but I was far more upset following our first 4 games than our last 2 - and 2 of those were wins.

The Hogs were competitive in the last 2 games.  I find no victory in defeat. But I'm not sure we should abandon the war before the artillery arrives, either. Based upon information shared on this board, the Hogs simply don't have the bodies to play good football.  I don't think we can put that on Chad.

I suppose we could throw more freshmen out there, but I doubt 22 freshmen are going to win any games.  As a coach and father, I would think the safety of these players means a great deal to Chad.  College football at any level is a far cry from high school.  Players go through a lot of maturity the first few years of college, and the speed of the game... There are reasons to take our lumps with the guys that are playing.

That said, Chad's record here sucks. No getting around that.  But he beat some of the teams we're losing to while he was at SMU.  That tells me there may be far more to our problem than what meets the eyes.

Certainly, it's Chad's problem to fix.  But when you're trying to put together a war machine you need time to assemble parts.  The key to most wars is developing logistics to feed the front.  We are navigating uncharted territory.  We don't have any example to compare ourselves against these last 7 or 8 years.  Unprecedented territory... going to take some pretty rare breeds to pull us out of this thing.

Gotta love, love, love what you see from several of our young guys.  We have upperclassmen making solid contributions, too.  Just not near enough.

We need time.  Trouble is, the last 7 haven't advanced our mission.  Seems we had a plague that needs to die out.  So we're suffering.

Fair points. Certainly plenty of food for thought in there.
I'll say this - it's going to take some serious spine and thick skin from the Athletic Department to fend off the hordes and give Chad another year to right the ship (whether he's capable of it is another discussion entirely) - and ultimately, I think that's the goal. The athletic department is still trying to pay off the north end zone remodel, and suite construction, and compounding that debt with yet another coaching buyout is at the very least undesirable, and at the worst fiscally impossible at this point.

We'll just have to wail, and gnash, and see what comes. It's not really up to us anyway.

1HourToHogville

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2019, 10:12:54 pm »

Wins are how you are judged in this game.  We're losing.  No sensible person predicted us to have a winning season.  Sure, many of us had hopes that we could beat the odds and be 6-6 or better, but that was based only on an optimistic wish. 
SEC Media picked us to be last in the West.  We have basically lost one game that we weren't predicted to lose (SJSU).  SEC coaches knew we'd be last.  They understand how bad the talent situation is and the only solution is to recruit your way out of it.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/sec-coaches-talk-anonymously-about-conference-foes-2019

ArkansasI

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2019, 10:27:37 pm »

Fair points. Certainly plenty of food for thought in there.
I'll say this - it's going to take some serious spine and thick skin from the Athletic Department to fend off the hordes and give Chad another year to right the ship (whether he's capable of it is another discussion entirely) - and ultimately, I think that's the goal. The athletic department is still trying to pay off the north end zone remodel, and suite construction, and compounding that debt with yet another coaching buyout is at the very least undesirable, and at the worst fiscally impossible at this point.

We'll just have to wail, and gnash, and see what comes. It's not really up to us anyway.

Very true, we're definitely in a pickle.

By the way, I think Chad can definitely work himself out of this job this year.  I hope he doesn't, because I'd like to see us work our way out of this thing ASAP.  And I like Chad...

To put more $$$ figured on this thing... I believe there are maybe 5 coaches we could hire that would allow us to buy our way out of this thing.  Two of them are available - Stoops and Meyer.  There is no way Meyer would come for any amount of money... The Hogs can only tarnish his legacy.

Stoops on the other hand - I believe he might consider the job.  We're nearby, in his recruiting territory, and he clearly has the coaching bug.  Maybe he's fishing for a big gig. I think Barry would tell him good things about the university - and we're not unlike K-State... which Bob probably holds dear.

Stoops would inject immediate culture into the program - Petrino-esque.   He has an immediate expectation that players would buy-in.  Big Game Bob is about the only realistic hire that could fire me up.

Still, while there is plenty of reason to doubt, I'm holding hope for Chad.

BroyledNutts

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2019, 10:34:53 pm »

By the way, I think Chad can definitely work himself out of this job this year.  I hope he doesn't, because I'd like to see us work our way out of this thing ASAP.  And I like Chad...

To put more $$$ figured on this thing... I believe there are maybe 5 coaches we could hire that would allow us to buy our way out of this thing.  Two of them are available - Stoops and Meyer.  There is no way Meyer would come for any amount of money... The Hogs can only tarnish his legacy.

Stoops on the other hand - I believe he might consider the job.  We're nearby, in his recruiting territory, and he clearly has the coaching bug.  Maybe he's fishing for a big gig. I think Barry would tell him good things about the university - and we're not unlike K-State... which Bob probably holds dear.

Stoops would inject immediate culture into the program - Petrino-esque.   He has an immediate expectation that players would buy-in.  Big Game Bob is about the only realistic hire that could fire me up.

I wonder if the BOT and the Gang of 64 would be able to deal with the personality contrail a Stoops would bring with him. Personally I have my doubts. There's a lot of hubris in the money pool that gets to have input on the goings on of the program. A coach capable of a significant turn around will bring with him the type of personality that would be quite off putting to a number of the "Championship team" ...

redeye

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2019, 10:38:33 pm »

I mostly agree with you and I've tried to support Chad throughout his mostly understandable struggles here.  My problem with the Kentucky game isn't that we lost, but that we shouldn't have lost.  That loss can't be blamed on anyone but the coaches.  I think the players played hard and played well.  Early in the game, it seemed like we were well prepared and giving a winning effort.  Unfortunately, our play calling was poor and we made poor adjustments.  It was a game we should have won by double digits, but we lost, instead.

247Hog

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2019, 10:43:53 pm »

Losing with style in our loses and losing games we should have won doesn't = keeping a coach.

Iwastherein1969

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Greatest warriors to ever tred planet Earth
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2019, 10:46:13 pm »

talent wise we have better talent, but in this business, "pretty is as pretty does"....so we are worse than last year.....all I heard off season was how we only were working with 30% of the offense and if you can't see that was a bald face lie, I've got some property to sell in the stagnant part of Lake Conway...dude, our center has maybe added 1/2 mph on his delivery to the quarterback...many times its literally a battle to see which makes the 5 feet or so first, the snapped ball or the DE of the opposing team

1HourToHogville

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2019, 10:50:28 pm »

I mostly agree with you and I've tried to support Chad throughout his mostly understandable struggles here.  My problem with the Kentucky game isn't that we lost, but that we shouldn't have lost.  That loss can't be blamed on anyone but the coaches.  I think the players played hard and played well.  Early in the game, it seemed like we were well prepared and giving a winning effort.  Unfortunately, our play calling was poor and we made poor adjustments.  It was a game we should have won by double digits, but we lost, instead.
We weren't favored or predicted to win the game.  Kentucky found a way to win.  They certainly had better talent up front on both defense and offense.   

Iwastherein1969

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Greatest warriors to ever tred planet Earth
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2019, 10:54:49 pm »

We weren't favored or predicted to win the game.  Kentucky found a way to win.  They certainly had better talent up front on both defense and offense.
Don't you see ?  How could a 4th string QB who can do nothing but run and is UK's yet is the only threat which made them them a 6.5 point bk favourite ?....Las Vegas knows exactly how poorly we play the game....oh, and name one team on the remaining part of our schedule who the UA outman's on the DL and the OL ?

TheEnemy

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2019, 11:00:41 pm »

We weren't favored or predicted to win the game.   

Exactly!

A team on a 3 game losing streak and out of QBs who is moving a WR to QB...and Vegas still favors them.  There is your evidence that we aren't moving in the right direction.

Tigerloather

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2019, 11:22:28 pm »

You would be wrong

HogWatcher85

• Bench Warmer
    • HogHub.net
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2019, 11:22:58 pm »

The spread is nothing more than public perception. Beating the spread week after week only means you are better than people generally think you are. Which isn't much. We're still losing.

1HourToHogville

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2019, 11:24:59 pm »

Don't you see ?  How could a 4th string QB who can do nothing but run and is UK's yet is the only threat which made them them a 6.5 point bk favourite ?....Las Vegas knows exactly how poorly we play the game....oh, and name one team on the remaining part of our schedule who the UA outman's on the DL and the OL ?
Vegas knew how bad our offensive and defensive fronts are as well. 
Is there any quick fixes on the bench we're not aware of?  One year of recruiting isn't enough to fix it. 

1HourToHogville

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2019, 11:27:36 pm »

The spread is nothing more than public perception. Beating the spread week after week only means you are better than people generally think you are. Which isn't much. We're still losing.
Beating the spread isn't the goal.
It's only relevant as an indicator of how people wagering think you match up. 

HogWatcher85

• Bench Warmer
    • HogHub.net
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2019, 11:35:14 pm »

Beating the spread isn't the goal.
It's only relevant as an indicator of how people wagering think you match up.

Yeah...that's what I said.

Swine-as-wine

• Senior
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2019, 11:47:30 pm »

OP needs head examined

upperdeck_hawg

• Fear the Stache!
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2019, 11:48:07 pm »

Evidence suggests that the OP is completely nuts or is a member of the Morris clan

ArkansasI

« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2019, 11:51:03 pm »

Hey, I'm right there with you.  I'm trying to understand what is going on, not defend it.

I think the coaches have been surprised by how different Starkel plays games vs. practices.  Turn on the lights and a live rush, Nick seems to get jumpy back there and his throws become erratic.  He's had some bad luck, but many throws to WRs running wide open have been wildly off the mark.  Flicks of the wrist have been stepped into - mostly supercharged high and behind targets.  if he were our football coach, Bobby Knight would yell at Nick to "CALM DOWN!"

Kind of hard to blame Nick too much.  I love his interviews - the guy is very likeable.  He endeared himself to me when he claimed he likes contact.  A terrific deflection from the rush he's been trying to avoid.

Chad seems to be stuck between building confidence and competition. Quite a predicament.  He might benefit from taking a page from how Jimmy Johnson used to coach at Dallas... The practices were live and Jimmy was always churning the bottom of the roster.  The Cowboys played with an edge.  The team got soft as contracts started getting doled out. Oh, Michael Irvin kept his edge, but he was a different animal.

Of course, Chad isn't dealing with professional talent.  And he's trying to keep his best healthy.

The QB is relying on a piecemeal OL.  Ricky Stromberg -a recruiting afterthought, is our starting guard. Nothing against Ricky, but seriously...  Yet, how lucky are we?  Let's find a few more like him.

But it makes you wonder... Nwanna must be a stiff, right?  If the coaches had known all the injuries we'd suffer, they would have pursued more jucos.  They probably should have anyway.

Our WRs are talented, but they are so young.  And the offense runs through our WRs.  We've got a dozen WRs on the roster and they are all under 20.

The RPO works most effectively with a dual threat QB.  Our best dual threat is a freshman, and we're probably afraid to put him behind our makeshift line.

A lot needs fixed.  And we haven't started talking D.

I'm far from happy, just not sure how much blame goes where.

Oklahawg

• Resident Optimistic Pragmatist
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Pop Music at It's Finest
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2019, 11:54:29 pm »

Maybe you fellers scoring some coin by taking the Hogs vs the spread, but we still lose, can donate your winnings to the Morris buyout fund.

havok

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2019, 06:59:45 am »

Seriously.. if we had Hired a Ark HS coach, paid him like $100K... do you think we would be in any worse shape than we are with this $3.5 million dollar man?

IF the BOT is going to continue to let the program suck this bad.. then why not just do it as cheap as possible.

Al Boarland

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2019, 07:05:03 am »

Not very much evidence. Should someone put together the evidence suggesting he's not?

HenduHog

• Razorbacks: Hostile and mobile
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2019, 07:17:59 am »

I'm going to keep repeating my mantra till someone tells me to STFU or says"Gee that make sense"

He had 2 weeks, TWO WEEKS to get ready for Ky. Did that game look like 2 weeks of work? If anything the team got worse.

This is why I'm joining the Darkside. This level of poor coaching can't be fixed by time.

HenduHog

• Razorbacks: Hostile and mobile
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2019, 07:18:48 am »

Oh, and the last 2 games were NOT wins. Beating the spread is not a win.

al_pigcino

« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2019, 07:41:55 am »

I may be the only person on HV, but I agree with you.  We have not been getting blown out.  Of course that most likely will start happening this weekend.
We've only played one team (Portland State) that has a record above .500. 

We only have one team coming up (Mississippi State) that doesn't have a record above .500 as of this post. 

The blowouts are coming.

007 License To Squeal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2019, 07:50:47 am »

Vegas knew how bad our offensive and defensive fronts are as well. 
One year of recruiting isn't enough to fix it. 

There won't be any better recruiting classes.  You can't recruit quality players when you can't win games....and Morris has shown that he is incapable of utilizing his exiasting talent effectively.......Kids are not coming to play for a loser........Morris can bluff for the first year, but now he has nothing to show for his hollow words....Recruiting was his big plus.......not so much anymore.....

Snouty

« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2019, 08:06:42 am »

I'd take Stoops over Morris any day, but I don't believe Stoops would consider coaching at Arkansas.  If [when] Auburn fires Malzahn, he might go there.

hawgtime

« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2019, 08:10:36 am »

Maybe the Hogs are getting better despite how ugly things have looked. We're clearly pressing, and that makes everyone play worse.  Confidence matters, and we have none.   We're finding ways to lose... I feel it.  You feel it.  You know the players feel it. 

The SJS loss is the unforgivable.  The last 2 games have sent many over the edge - but I don't know why.  We almost won both games. Maybe we should have won the games. But we beat the oddsmakers.

There are plenty of players. We just need to recruit the right ones. We're only after 20 guys a year.  They are available. We need to look to jucos and grad transfers to put a few years into the program.

I chose to support the arkansas razorbacks.  CCM has to make improvements.  Right now we should be focusing on making improvements in overall depth, offensive cohesion, defensive players that want to improve and most of all get some pups some playing time.

if Morris can continue to recruit and maybe improve on recruiting, we will have better players coming so let these freshman play now.  get them some good reps. 

use our sweeps and pops to catch the other team off guard.

007 License To Squeal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2019, 08:12:59 am »

if Morris can continue to recruit and maybe improve on recruiting, we will have better players coming so let these freshman play now. 
Kids won't come here to play for a loser.......The recruiting angle has collapsed.......it's over.......that leaves the emperor without clothes.......He's done.

solitons

« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2019, 08:17:37 am »

he is the Dead Man Walking :)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 09:40:34 am by solitons »

ArkansasI

« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2019, 09:08:11 am »

Kids won't come here to play for a loser.......The recruiting angle has collapsed.......it's over.......that leaves the emperor without clothes.......He's done.

I think that the staff - whoever it is - must focus on jucos this year.  Like 5 or 6 of 'em.

We need to fill some gaps with a little more maturity.  We are recruiting against fewer blue bloods when looking for these guys, and it seems the high school guys may be cooling to us.

We should take some pride in this... let them know that they come in as a club of impact difference makers.  Their time is today.  They are not some outsider on the roster.

Gotdatwood

• Varsity
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2019, 09:13:31 am »

Good teams win. Great teams cover
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas