• 10,546,476 Posts
• 415,601 Topics
• 23,821 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Could we put Burks at QB?  (Read 1660 times)

Pork Twain

Re: Could we put Burks at QB?
« Reply #100 on: October 15, 2019, 01:57:48 pm »

What are you talking about?  We're going to lose by 900 either way. 
Then why donít you play your dual threat qb and have burks out there to catch balls

Wildhog

« Reply #101 on: October 15, 2019, 01:58:23 pm »

Then why don’t you play your dual threat qb and have burks out there to catch balls

I would, but it sounds like Burks is going to be playing some QB saturday, so I'm embracing the chaos.

Full-on panic mode.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #102 on: October 15, 2019, 01:59:31 pm »

Then why donít you play your dual threat qb and have burks out there to catch balls

People down in the piney woods say Burks can throw it to himself if you let him take the snap.  Then hold for the extra point he kicks. 

Maybethebestever

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #103 on: October 15, 2019, 02:00:34 pm »

Iím all for Treylon getting the ball more, just feels like a lost cause at this point.. you do things like that against the Portland St and SJSU of the world to work out the kinks. Donít practice something like that for a week and trot it out against Auburn Bama or LSU... basically what Iím tryna say is I donít trust the coaching staff lol

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #104 on: October 15, 2019, 02:01:32 pm »

Thats what I would do... but it aint happening...

Pork Twain

« Reply #105 on: October 15, 2019, 02:01:40 pm »

I would, but it sounds like Burks is going to be playing some QB saturday, so I'm embracing the chaos.

Full-on panic mode.

This staff is going full-on dumpster fire

Wildhog

« Reply #106 on: October 15, 2019, 02:01:50 pm »

Iím all for Treylon getting the ball more, just feels like a lost cause at this point.. you do things like that against the Portland St and SJSU of the world to work out the kinks. Donít practice something like that for a week and trot it out against Auburn Bama or LSU... basically what Iím tryna say is I donít trust the coaching staff lol

I actually think the opposite.  We have a zero percent chance of beating Auburn or Bama.  It's the perfect time to try crazy stuff.

Wildhog

« Reply #107 on: October 15, 2019, 02:02:35 pm »

This staff is going full-on dumpster fire

It's going to be glorious. 

Pennywise

« Reply #108 on: October 15, 2019, 02:03:07 pm »

It's going to be glorious.

I cannot wait for Saturday.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #109 on: October 15, 2019, 02:03:19 pm »

Has he ever played qb, or read a defense behind center?  I guess we will see.  I feel sorry for him if we decide to go this route.
Morris... we are gonna snap the ball to you and 2nd and one look for a whole if there isnt one lower your pads and make one... whatever you do.. get the first down..

Burks.... yes coach.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #110 on: October 15, 2019, 02:07:05 pm »

Exactly.  None of us are doubting TB. 

Wildhog

« Reply #111 on: October 15, 2019, 02:08:22 pm »

I cannot wait for Saturday.

I think it's the most excited I've been about a game in two years.  They're trying to save their jobs and it's going to get weird.

Pennywise

« Reply #112 on: October 15, 2019, 02:10:46 pm »

I think it's the most excited I've been about a game in two years.  They're trying to save their jobs and it's going to get weird.

Hey, Fayetteville is all about keeping it weird. Good place to start is throwing gallons of gas on a burning dumpster known as DWRRS at 11am on Saturday. 

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #113 on: October 15, 2019, 02:10:53 pm »

maybe Gus will take it easy on us..lol

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #114 on: October 15, 2019, 02:11:26 pm »

Ill be in vegas... whats the spread? lol

Pennywise

« Reply #115 on: October 15, 2019, 02:11:30 pm »

Morris... we are gonna snap the ball to you and 2nd and one look for a whole if there isnt one lower your pads and make one... whatever you do.. get the first down..

Burks.... yes coach.

This.

None of this shaking the head business and complaining while saying "mane...."

thebignasty

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • I find your lack of faith... disturbing.
« Reply #116 on: October 15, 2019, 02:12:33 pm »

maybe Gus will take it easy on us..lol
Even if he wanted to, Gus is never on firm enough footing at Aubbie to waste a chance to look good.

Wildhog

« Reply #117 on: October 15, 2019, 02:13:19 pm »

We're gonna be running the Annexation of Puerto Rico with Sosa.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #118 on: October 15, 2019, 02:14:03 pm »

This.

None of this shaking the head business and complaining while saying "mane...."
lol.. people act like we are asking Burks to go out and throw the ball 35 times a game.

Wildhog

« Reply #119 on: October 15, 2019, 02:14:18 pm »

lol.. people act like we are asking Burks to go out and throw the ball 35 times a game.

I HOPE WE DO... LORD LET IT BE SO

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #120 on: October 15, 2019, 02:17:06 pm »

I HOPE WE DO... LORD LET IT BE SO
cant be hard to duplicate starkels 7/19 41 yard performance!!! Its time for Jefferson or Baby Jones!!!

Wildhog

« Reply #121 on: October 15, 2019, 02:17:57 pm »

cant be hard to duplicate starkels 7/19 41 yard performance!!! Its time for Jefferson or Baby Jones!!!

I didn't even want to give him a scholarship, but I think you've got to give Jerry's grandbaby a shot now. 

thebignasty

« Reply #122 on: October 15, 2019, 02:18:10 pm »

I want them to play JSJ against Aubbie and Alabama really bad.

Pennywise

« Reply #123 on: October 15, 2019, 02:22:27 pm »

#5 would squash him like a knat.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #124 on: October 15, 2019, 02:22:39 pm »

This is how it works... hey Baby Jones... you see #16 and #7 throw them the ball... you see #85 throw him the ball... If you cant its Jeffersons turn. If he cant sorry guys... we are just gonna snap it to #16 and you guys can watch from the sidelines.

thebignasty

« Reply #125 on: October 15, 2019, 02:23:50 pm »

#5 would squash him like a knat.
I have read on hogville that JSJ is a gamer that has 'it.'  Several hogville scouts watched some of his high school ball and were very impressed.

Pennywise

« Reply #126 on: October 15, 2019, 02:27:33 pm »

I have read on hogville that JSJ is a gamer that has 'it.'  Several hogville scouts watched some of his high school ball and were very impressed.

Please please Craddock and Morris do these hogville experts due diligence and sacrifice both JSJ and KJ Jefferson to Auburnís front 7.

#5 will be hungry and ready to kill.

Pork Twain

« Reply #127 on: October 15, 2019, 02:29:00 pm »

I feel bad for the players

Wildhog

« Reply #128 on: October 15, 2019, 02:29:30 pm »

I feel bad for the players

Well, yeah.  Everyone should.  They deserve so much better.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #129 on: October 15, 2019, 02:29:37 pm »

Please please Craddock and Morris do these hogville experts due diligence and sacrifice both JSJ and KJ Jefferson to Auburnís front 7.

#5 will be hungry and ready to kill.
over/under on tipped passes before he dies????

Pennywise

« Reply #130 on: October 15, 2019, 02:30:04 pm »

over/under on tipped passes before he dies????

In warm up or live game?

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #131 on: October 15, 2019, 02:34:04 pm »

In warm up or live game?
But no lie.. he deserves a chance... and Jefferson does... our last starting qb just threw for 41 yards...lmao

jj202020

« Reply #132 on: October 15, 2019, 09:37:58 pm »

Dude are you a high school kid?  I'm fully aware of his size.  He would have been more valuable for us playing LB vs UK than on offense with how little he was used.  I'm advocating for the kid not to be put in a bad position unnecessarlily for a lost cause this season.  Wasn't talking crap about the kid.  Your reply is what we have to deal with when we have a hometown hero.

I see your point about the hometown heroó-legit point.  But in this situation, itís because I know what I am talking about.  You are the guy that thinks he smarter than everyone else. Iíve seen a lot of NFL guys first hand.  Barring injury, heís all-pro material.  Disagree with me now. Screenshot and save, chief.   Why would you not want to get the ball in the hands of one of the top 5-6 guys of the best ever to wear the Hog uniform?  Far-fetched? Wait and see. 

SouthArkHog88

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #133 on: October 15, 2019, 10:13:11 pm »

Hey, Fayetteville is all about keeping it weird. Good place to start is throwing gallons of gas on a burning dumpster known as DWRRS at 11am on Saturday.

Nah we'd rather throw it on somebody's avalanche

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #134 on: October 16, 2019, 08:18:56 am »

I see your point about the hometown heroó-legit point.  But in this situation, itís because I know what I am talking about.  You are the guy that thinks he smarter than everyone else. Iíve seen a lot of NFL guys first hand.  Barring injury, heís all-pro material.  Disagree with me now. Screenshot and save, chief.   Why would you not want to get the ball in the hands of one of the top 5-6 guys of the best ever to wear the Hog uniform?  Far-fetched? Wait and see.

I agree with you chief. 

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #135 on: October 16, 2019, 09:23:19 am »

hopefully we dont have to put him at qb and we find a qb that can get it to him this weekend!!!

havok

« Reply #136 on: October 16, 2019, 09:40:22 am »

I haven't seen a QB situation this Mismanaged since the UNLV Game...where we played 4 Different QB's..and neither one of them was Matt Jones.. only difference.. that was One game... we have had a 1 & 1/2 seasons of this mess.

I also point out, that Later in Season, Matt Jones became the main QB, and the game plan adjusted around him to maximize his talents. 

liljo

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #137 on: October 16, 2019, 09:43:24 am »

He needs to be catching it, running it, and throwing it... kid should be touching the ball 15+ times a game....
You ain't kiddin' Stunna.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #138 on: October 16, 2019, 10:32:01 am »

I haven't seen a QB situation this Mismanaged since the UNLV Game...where we played 4 Different QB's..and neither one of them was Matt Jones.. only difference.. that was One game... we have had a 1 & 1/2 seasons of this mess.

I also point out, that Later in Season, Matt Jones became the main QB, and the game plan adjusted around him to maximize his talents. 

Its about time we start maximizing our stars talents...

RyeHogFan

« Reply #139 on: October 16, 2019, 11:11:08 am »

Truth is....our offensive line sucks. Doesn't matter if it's hicks, stark, treylon, or KJ. We get stood up and pushed back way too often.

Yep, very seldom did the QBs have time to do anything. Even when they had time, they still were expecting a breakdown and not making good throws.

In the realm of What If, what if Austin Capps doesn't completely whiff on his block on our last possession? O'Grady is running a corner route to the endzone and is wide open. If Hicks has just a second more time, he could have gotten that throw off and we might be talking about a narrow victory right now.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas