• 10,546,409 Posts
• 415,598 Topics
• 23,821 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Boys the winds of change  (Read 10975 times)

Hogs-n-Roses

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Coming to a Stadium Near You!
Re: Boys the winds of change
« Reply #150 on: October 15, 2019, 06:16:38 pm »

Irwin is wrong. Jerry Jones is the sole reason Morris is here.
No he's not wrong. Like before Jerry put Morris in play as we were looking like the court Jestures in the search. We allowed Malazahn to play us way to long and had to much info on that deal out there in the open and were striking out. Gundy,no; Patterson,no; Peterson to Washington..... Norvel in the strip clubs rumor.....Interim pushing harrrrrdddd for Kiffin.

hoglady

« Reply #151 on: October 15, 2019, 06:51:45 pm »

No he's not wrong. Like before Jerry put Morris in play as we were looking like the court Jestures in the search. We allowed Malazahn to play us way to long and had to much info on that deal out there in the open and were striking out. Gundy,no; Patterson,no; Peterson to Washington..... Norvel in the strip clubs rumor.....Interim pushing harrrrrdddd for Kiffin.

Then they screwed up not listening to the interim pushing hard for Kiffin.
I doubt we'd be in the horrible shape we're in with Kiffin.
Some like him, some don't - but he does have a level of success and competence that Morris doesn't have.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Hogs-n-Roses

• Coming to a Stadium Near You!
« Reply #152 on: October 15, 2019, 07:35:52 pm »

Then they screwed up not listening to the interim pushing hard for Kiffin.
I doubt we'd be in the horrible shape we're in with Kiffin.
Some like him, some don't - but he does have a level of success and competence that Morris doesn't have.
I can't argue with anything you said.
I can also respond to statements a few pages back about the need for the right people to get mad and on the line of withholding money. There are plenty of the right heavy hitters angry bout all this. Remember the minor civil war with the Little Rock investors and Scanlon and all that nastiness that went on back when Long was canned. Same dumb crap is prolly brewing right now. Some one of all that bunch needs to take care of the business end of contracting and dealing with agents this time.I wish I knew where that crew stood on all this. My hopes are; no malzahn, no up n comer, only one coordinator considered. Must have been at a p5 school preferably from the south, connections to Texas, no cheap outs here as we gotta get this right. If 6your willing to give Malzahn 7 mil then make some waves with an offer to the big names out there. Make em say no.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 07:47:50 pm by Hogs-n-Roses »

moses_007

« Reply #153 on: October 15, 2019, 07:59:11 pm »

Urban Meyer is gonna  be Chad's replacement. 

007 License To Squeal

• Global Moderator
  • Fmr USAF Combat Crew Titan II Launch Crew Member
« Reply #154 on: October 15, 2019, 08:05:31 pm »

Source??

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #155 on: October 15, 2019, 08:06:00 pm »

His hiring of Coach Muss was a fine move, perhaps even genius.
But the point was telling everyone Morris has things headed in the right direction is embarrassing for him.

No it isn't embarrassing for him. So did you expect him to say "Chad is stinking it up, I'll fire him at the end of the year". That would be both embarrassing and unprofessional.

SeldomHere

• All-American Hogvillian
  • My all-time favorite gender.
« Reply #156 on: October 15, 2019, 08:14:21 pm »

Will he give back that win he stole in the Sugar Bowl?

GA reddiehog

« Reply #157 on: October 15, 2019, 08:20:00 pm »

Will he give back that win he stole in the Sugar Bowl?
Wrong coach, you would need to take that up with JT.

Boardon Hamsay

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Eponymous Keeper of the War Damn Mockingbird Unis
« Reply #158 on: October 15, 2019, 08:22:32 pm »

I don't have any sources on this and have heard nothing. I'm just along for the ride.   :D

I'll yield to the OTR and his sources.

This is the first time Iíve agreed with you on anything. Ever. Probably will be another 52k posts and Halleyís Comet returning before another one comes along too. So, well done Guv.

The OTR

• Buds says bet on the Hogs this week.
« Reply #159 on: October 15, 2019, 08:27:29 pm »

This is the first time Iíve agreed with you on anything. Ever. Probably will be another 52k posts and Halleyís Comet returning before another one comes along too. So, well done Guv.

Iím honored and humbled that Guv is deferring to me on this matter. 

Because of that I will not post the rather surprising rumor I heard today. Too much respect for the board and Guv to do anything like that. 

Boardon Hamsay

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #160 on: October 15, 2019, 08:27:45 pm »

I can do that as they are frantically pouring over information I spewed out during other coaching changes as they are somewhat in the dark as to what might happen and are looking for a clue as to one of the codes I use to disperse information.

One of the worst kept secrets in Razorback sports history is Jellygate.  CBB believed that his boys needed a snack at halftime. I am guessing but I'd say it's a pretty good guess that CBB, Sam Pittman, and Jim Chaney cooked up this one in a late night strategy session over pulled pork sandwiches in CBB's office.  That makes sense as all three seem like the type that might not be able to go 3 and a half hours without a snack.

So throughout the CBB era we went into halftime and ate jelly sandwiches. There was much debate here on the verities of how that nutrition affected our players' performance.  While no scientific study was ever conducted on our players the only evidence we had of whether or not that the jelly was working or not was the results on the field. Countless second half meltdowns seemed to indicate that perhaps the jelly sandwiches were having an adverse effect on performance.  I pleaded with various media members to ask post game questions about jelly sandwiches but my requests fell on deaf media ears.

This is still a riddle shrouded in mystery as no one is certain how many sandwiches were eaten by players or if there ever any talk, after the 10th or so meltdown, but maybe we should try gatorade and orange slices instead. 

Jellygate is a black cloud over the program. I personally consider it the major factor in our program's demise.  We are still trying to recover from jellygate.  Lots of folks to blame on this one. 

Good read here, folks. I have no doubts the jelly sandwich era will go down in  UofA lore just as much as Pradeep Dikshitís name on senior walk, Hologram Tom Penders and Darrell Royalís Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head haunting Barnhill, and the various sight and sounds of the UofA tunnel system.

Leadbelly

« Reply #161 on: October 15, 2019, 08:29:33 pm »

Yeah. And Lou Holtz will be his OC and Jimmy Johnson his DC.

Rudy Baylor

• "Fire him and I'm coming home." Billy Ferrell
« Reply #162 on: October 15, 2019, 08:32:02 pm »

Yeah. And Lou Holtz will be his OC and Jimmy Johnson his DC.

Leadbelly, what do you think about this OP getting our hopes up in this thread?

Boardon Hamsay

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #163 on: October 15, 2019, 08:35:02 pm »

I also believe leftover jelly sandwiches are what has sustained Tom Penders from being jetisoned from the bowels of Barnhill Arena. He's still there, like a phantom, making horrible screaching noises that reverberate into the cold black night, and then crawl out over the hills of south Fayetteville like an evil mist haunting our dreams.

Thanks alot jelly sandwiches!  >:(

Another good piece of jelly sandwich lore info here, folks. Very few here can rival Rudyís knowledge of the UofA and broader NWA area. Probably has more details on the UofA tunnel system than those that built em.

thebignasty

• I find your lack of faith... disturbing.
« Reply #164 on: October 15, 2019, 08:38:23 pm »

Someone ought to get ahold of Sean Salisbury and figure out what his opinion on the potential upcoming coaching search is.  Might have valuable insight on the candidates.

jchill

« Reply #165 on: October 15, 2019, 08:43:55 pm »

On the Zach and Ruskin show a guy called today and said that he worked at the university.  He didnít say in what capacity or where he worked.  But he said the internal scuttlebut is that HY has seen enough and that short of winning out, there isnít much that Morris can do to save his job.

HY fired a coach who never had a losing record, so I am pretty sure he's going to pull the trigger pretty quickly.

PorkSoda

« Reply #166 on: October 15, 2019, 08:53:28 pm »

OTR,

I'm curious if you have heard whispers that Lou Ferrigno is on the short list to replace Morris.

The OTR

« Reply #167 on: October 15, 2019, 08:53:44 pm »

Good read here, folks. I have no doubts the jelly sandwich era will go down in  UofA lore just as much as Pradeep Dikshitís name on senior walk, Hologram Tom Penders and Darrell Royalís Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head haunting Barnhill, and the various sight and sounds of the UofA tunnel system.

Boardon you were one of the only people that understood the magnitude of jellygate as it was happening. Like with most things on here you were on top of this when others just didnít seem to think there was much going on. 

Boardon Hamsay

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #168 on: October 15, 2019, 08:54:32 pm »

I saw Urban Meyer at the Home Depot in Rogers 30 minutes ago. He had the red fall lawn food bag of Scottís Turf Builder in his cart. I think the red Scottís bag is more of a USC red than an Arkansas cardinal unfortunately. I didnít think to ask why he was buying it here though. Maybe when we get to yellow bag season, Iíll see him again and ask why heís in the area.

The OTR

« Reply #169 on: October 15, 2019, 08:57:39 pm »

OTR,

I'm curious if you have heard whispers that Lou Ferrigno is on the short list to replace Morris.

Lou will be celebrating his 68th birthday November 9th.  Would be nice if he would be named head coach on his birthday.

Not saying that is going to happen but Lou could bring some much needed credibility to the program. 

PorkSoda

« Reply #170 on: October 15, 2019, 09:02:30 pm »

Lou will be celebrating his 68th birthday November 9th.  Would be nice if he would be named head coach on his birthday.

Not saying that is going to happen but Lou could bring some much needed credibility to the program. 
They say he ruled Hollywood with an iron fist.  I think this program could use some toughening up.  Jelly sandwiches would be the least of the teams worries with Lou at the helm.

Leadbelly

« Reply #171 on: October 15, 2019, 09:06:55 pm »

Leadbelly, what do you think about this OP getting our hopes up in this thread?
I think the time for a change has come. CMM is in over his head. That being said, Arkansas isnít where UM is going to coach next. Why would he? What, three national titles? Many conference championships, Florida, OSU and Arkansas? Which one of those schools doesnít fit? Same with stoops, why would he?
Yeah, offer them $10 million a year and be ready to move on.
To answer your question, my hopes are high for a change and I think it will come. Coaching search, Iím pumped!
I hope HY has the authority to go get his guy and not have to go thru the GOBN.
My list:
Norvell
Kiffin
Richt ( although I put him near the UM/BS canít get)
Gundy

Leadbelly

« Reply #172 on: October 15, 2019, 09:09:58 pm »

OTR,

If itís going to be a Lou, make it Holtz!

PorkSoda

« Reply #173 on: October 15, 2019, 09:10:59 pm »

If itís going to be a Lou, make it Holtz!
Holtz and Ferrigno should arm wrestle to decide.

Muleriderhog

« Reply #174 on: October 15, 2019, 09:13:01 pm »

Don't get me wrong, I'm pumped about Musselman. He's saying all the right things, and I like his philosophy.

But we have to cool our jets -- he hasn't even coached one game here, let alone a season.
Muss has 20+ years of experience and turned Nevada around immediately, heís going to win and win big here, guaranteed. Heís gonna be on the same level as Nolan and Eddie by the time he retires here.

Rudy Baylor

« Reply #175 on: October 15, 2019, 09:21:21 pm »

I saw Urban Meyer at the Home Depot in Rogers 30 minutes ago. He had the red fall lawn food bag of Scottís Turf Builder in his cart. I think the red Scottís bag is more of a USC red than an Arkansas cardinal unfortunately. I didnít think to ask why he was buying it here though. Maybe when we get to yellow bag season, Iíll see him again and ask why heís in the area.

excellent

we'll get him involved with the Bariola's happy hour mafia next door

Rudy Baylor

« Reply #176 on: October 15, 2019, 09:23:43 pm »

I think the time for a change has come. CMM is in over his head. That being said, Arkansas isnít where UM is going to coach next. Why would he? What, three national titles? Many conference championships, Florida, OSU and Arkansas? Which one of those schools doesnít fit? Same with stoops, why would he?
Yeah, offer them $10 million a year and be ready to move on.
To answer your question, my hopes are high for a change and I think it will come. Coaching search, Iím pumped!
I hope HY has the authority to go get his guy and not have to go thru the GOBN.
My list:
Norvell
Kiffin
Richt ( although I put him near the UM/BS canít get)
Gundy

Spot on. I think OTR making folks believe he's got inside information on Urban Meyer is a violation of the rules of this message board and should at least be met with a minimal length ban, like a month or two.

The OTR

« Reply #177 on: October 15, 2019, 09:42:37 pm »

Urban isnít coming here.  Iíve heard Grundy is ready to make a move now that Pickens has passed.  Have heard a couple of other names.  But did hear Grundy today.  May take a man to take on this big pile of stinking mess we have up there and we all know Grundy is a man.

drocktulsa

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #178 on: October 15, 2019, 10:02:13 pm »

we may need an over the hill coach.  Someone who has been coaching long enough that he actually knows how to build a solid program.  Once we are back to some level of respectability, we can look at what hot name can take us to the next level.

Well that's what we have with Chavis with our DC, and our defensive scheme is stuck in the 90s.

hobhog

« Reply #179 on: October 15, 2019, 10:04:54 pm »

Urban isnít coming here.  Iíve heard Grundy is ready to make a move now that Pickens has passed.  Have heard a couple of other names.  But did hear Grundy today.  May take a man to take on this big pile of stinking mess we have up there and we all know Grundy is a man.

I've heard and they say. Sold.

The OTR

« Reply #180 on: October 15, 2019, 10:14:42 pm »

I've heard and they say. Sold.

Youíre up late hanging on every word for a doubting Thomas.

Muleriderhog

« Reply #181 on: October 15, 2019, 10:17:05 pm »

signed 1 guy lol while Mike Anderson has signed 4 and has a loaded class coming, donít get me wrong I like muss but saying heís kicking butt in recruiting would be false
Anderson has 2 commits that are average. What are you talking about? Muss is getting guys to visit that werenít even considering Arkansas when Anderson was here. This is insane, muss is 50x the recruiter Anderson is.

Formula Hog

« Reply #182 on: October 15, 2019, 10:23:21 pm »

Gundy?

GTOWNHOG

« Reply #183 on: October 15, 2019, 11:03:42 pm »

Gundy?

Yep, Mr. Mullett. WE have reached the bottom of the barrel.

HogFan4Eva

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #184 on: October 15, 2019, 11:04:58 pm »

What other names did you hear? Would love to have Gundy but he did burn us once and has flirted a lot with leaving.

LumberBacks

« Reply #185 on: October 15, 2019, 11:58:23 pm »

What other names did you hear? Would love to have Gundy but he did burn us once and has flirted a lot with leaving.
He is talking about GRundy - that's Gundy's wife's sister's cousin's aunt's former roommate.

SooieGeneris

• Better Late Than Never
« Reply #186 on: October 16, 2019, 01:29:41 am »

Urban isnít coming here. Iíve heard Grundy is ready to make a move now that Pickens has passed.  Have heard a couple of other names.  But did hear Grundy today.  May take a man to take on this big pile of stinking mess we have up there and we all know Grundy is a man.

He's a man, but he's not 40 any more.

As for the Pickens thing, I always heard from Okie Lite people that he and Pickens didn't get along, barely even spoke to one another. They said Pickens was the reason Gundy considered leaving in the first place..

The OTR

« Reply #187 on: October 16, 2019, 06:38:24 am »

He's a man, but he's not 40 any more.

As for the Pickens thing, I always heard from Okie Lite people that he and Pickens didn't get along, barely even spoke to one another. They said Pickens was the reason Gundy considered leaving in the first place..

He doesnít get along with most people.  Grundy needs a change of scenery. 

In other news I heard from someone who talked to Gus that he said he wants to hang a 50 burger on Arkansas this week.  Heís spiteful.  I think we all know that. 

(notOM)Rebel123

« Reply #188 on: October 16, 2019, 06:42:22 am »

He doesnít get along with most people.  Grundy needs a change of scenery. 

In other news I heard from someone who talked to Gus that he said he wants to hang a 50 burger on Arkansas this week.  Heís spiteful.  I think we all know that. 

Thatís nothing new...Heís hung 50 on us 2 of the last 3 years.

LZH

« Reply #189 on: October 16, 2019, 06:49:01 am »

Well if we are losing recruits anyway have Lunney come in as the interim. Then let HY work his magic like he did in basketball.

My thoughts exactly.

The OTR

« Reply #190 on: October 16, 2019, 07:31:44 am »

My thoughts exactly.

We are about to really get beaten up the next two weeks.  I hope we donít get anyone severely injured because we are going to be out matched probably unlike anything weíve ever seen before.  So itís about to get worse.  Not sure firing the coach helps that. Not saying it couldnít happen but seems unlikely.

liljo

« Reply #191 on: October 16, 2019, 08:40:57 am »

We are about to really get beaten up the next two weeks.  I hope we donít get anyone severely injured because we are going to be out matched probably unlike anything weíve ever seen before.  So itís about to get worse.  Not sure firing the coach helps that. Not saying it couldnít happen but seems unlikely.
We usually stay healthy in the games in which we don't block or tackle anyone. So, I look for us to come out of the Auburn-Alabama games in probably the best health we've had since pre-season. Should have everyone back for Mississippi State.

ArkieBacon

• Varsity
  • HogBall Tue. Nov. 12 @ 7:00 PM
« Reply #192 on: October 16, 2019, 10:27:51 am »

Play two hand touch fooball against Auburn and Alabama. Make them look like jerks for blowing us out.
100% healthy team for MSU.
I'm in!

WizardofhOgZ

cram224

« Reply #194 on: October 16, 2019, 03:48:17 pm »

Why don't we pull a Dana Holgram, sp, Houston. Hold out our best players until the games get winnable.

pigheaded

• Senior
  • Profesionals do it til they can't get it wrong
« Reply #195 on: October 16, 2019, 06:56:58 pm »

Urban Meyer is gonna  be Chad's replacement. Yeah. And Lou Holtz will be his OC and Jimmy Johnson his DC.

Promise

dsf

« Reply #196 on: October 16, 2019, 07:16:11 pm »

The only coach that would agree to that is someone who is desperate and otherwise unemployable.  The market dictates contracts.  It sucks, but its the cost of doing business.
Nutt

dsf

« Reply #197 on: October 16, 2019, 07:19:23 pm »

signed 1 guy lol while Mike Anderson has signed 4 and has a loaded class coming, donít get me wrong I like muss but saying heís kicking butt in recruiting would be false
Actually, MA has two below average recruits...

Boardon Hamsay

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #198 on: October 16, 2019, 07:43:48 pm »

Letís try to keep the thread on target. Everyone who is anyone is discussing the possibility of Grundy ditching his Okie Light Orange for some good old Arkansas cardinal. Then we have you and Guv yammering about the recruiting prowess of Muss and MA. Yíall go take that stuff into the basketball recruiting forum or wrassle talk, put it in mobile view, and have yourselves a swell time. The rest of us are going to get back to Grundy. Itís not in my nature to be this way, but dammit yíall needed to be slapped a couple times with a rolled up, wet, Sunday New York Times.

Actually, MA has two below average recruits...

Same thing goes for this kind of rabble rousing.

The OTR

« Reply #199 on: October 16, 2019, 08:24:41 pm »

Gus is considering this a homecoming of sorts for him.  A victory lap if you will.  First time back in town in a while.  Iím already sick of all this 50 burger talk. 

He played us like a fiddle and then talked up Morris.  I guess he deserves a victory lap around the stadium.  I wish we still had the helmet they used to drive around.  Would love to see that thing chase him around the field and that be his victory lap

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas