• 10,554,240 Posts
• 415,772 Topics
• 23,843 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: Bobby Petrino  (Read 32977 times)

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: Re-hire Bobby Petrino Change.org Petition
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2019, 09:57:11 am »

What evidence is there that Texas high school coaches have a vendetta against Bobby Petrino?  We make up more obstacles and scandals at Arkansas than any other program actually endures.

Didn't say anyone has a vendetta.  You are such a Petrino fan.  I get it.  Bobby is much higher on my list than many possibilities if our decision makers would consider him.  But he does come with questions and baggage as far as building a long term solid consistent program. 

Con el Cerdos

• Senior
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2019, 10:17:57 am »

LOL. There is no way that Petrino is ever hired by the University of Arkansas again. No way. Zero. Even if he somehow passed the executive powers that be, the faculty and student backlash would be explicit. As a state institution, the UA would not be able to overlook Petrino's previous employment issues as a simple error in judgement.

I am just absolutely certain, not not one member of the UofA faculty has ever made the mistake of mixing fluids with a member of his/her department.  :D
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 06:02:57 pm by Con el Cerdos »

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

tusked

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Clapton is god....but SRV was the big bang!
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2019, 10:28:27 am »

Signed

SemperFi

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Strongly despising the Morris Era!
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2019, 10:47:22 am »

Wonder how this narrative would play out IF Bobby Petrino came back and picked up right where he left off as far as getting the Hogs back in the top 20? How many would be pissed off that Petrino was actually back if we were once again competing for an SECC? I'm willing to bet the farm that the moment that he started winning again that all those claiming that they don't want him would suddenly have a change of heart.

I'll also add that whether any of us sign this petition that we have zero input to who the next HC would be IF Morris get's canned.

Iwastherein1969

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Greatest warriors to ever tred planet Earth
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2019, 12:09:03 pm »

JJHog

« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2019, 12:18:10 pm »

#1 it’s never gonna happen
#2 they’ll never listen to you

EastexHawg

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2019, 12:52:11 pm »

You are such a Petrino fan.

I'm a fan of going into the last game of consecutive seasons with (a) a Sugar Bowl bid and (b) a berth in the national championship game on the line as opposed to riding a 14 game SEC losing streak and being the worst program in the conference over an eight year stretch.

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
  • You like my stripes, I know you do.
« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2019, 01:21:00 pm »

I'm a fan of going into the last game of consecutive seasons with (a) a Sugar Bowl bid and (b) a berth in the national championship game on the line as opposed to riding a 14 game SEC losing streak and being the worst program in the conference over an eight year stretch.

Are you a fan of hiring a hc who's last season as a head coach ended with his team going 2-10, giving up 50+ in each of the last 6 games? All with his own players and coaching staff.

BossHog13

• Senior
  • Just Win, Baby!!!
« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2019, 01:26:52 pm »

Signed!

Großer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm very disappointed...unacceptable- Chadwick
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2019, 01:28:37 pm »

I would love to have 8-4 HDN
Always had a 10 win season every 3 or 4 years

No he didn’t

(notOM)Rebel123

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2019, 01:29:40 pm »

A long time ago, Clay Travis said that Arkansas had the 4th dumbest fan base in College Football.  Ever since then,  some people on this forum love to say 'Clay Travis was right'  every time they see a post they don't agree with.  It frankly gets very annoying.

Lighten up Francis. You’re less than a month in as a registered user and you are already getting annoyed? Geez.

HogPharmer

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • KCCO
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2019, 01:35:07 pm »

I would love to have 8-4 HDN
Always had a 10 win season every 3 or 4 years

He had a grand total of one--count it with me, ONE-- ten win season while coaching at Arkansas.

EastexHawg

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2019, 02:01:25 pm »

Are you a fan of hiring a hc who's last season as a head coach ended with his team going 2-10, giving up 50+ in each of the last 6 games? All with his own players and coaching staff.

He's 119-56 for his career and he won almost as many games in four years at Arkansas (34) as the next three coaches have won in eight (35).  He has one more BCS bowl victory (1) than our current coach has wins over P5 teams (0).

So yeah, I'm a fan of all that.  I know how it would break your heart if Arkansas hired a really good coach who shot your "we have so many disadvantages we can't be expected to win" theory out of the water.

USMCatFan

• Walk-On
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2019, 02:01:54 pm »

I didn't register for this board to talk about last Saturday's game.  I was just going to lurk.  But, after finding and reading this thread I registered to just say one thing;

As a fellow SEC fan, I begging you not to rehire this POS.

Everywhere he goes he leaves a black eye on both the school that hired him and the conference he's in.  He can't get quality staff to work for him.  Hence, the hiring of family members at LoLville. 

He cannot capably recruit an entire team.  When he got to Loserville Satterfield found 8 scholarship OL on the roster and 15 WRs.  The entire defensive side was a mess.  He had gone two years without recruiting a single DL.

I have way too much respect for the Razorback Football program to see you guys do this to yourselves.

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2019, 02:06:51 pm »

He's 119-56 for his career and he won almost as many games in four years at Arkansas (34) as the next three coaches have won in eight (35).  He has one more BCS bowl victory (1) than our current coach has wins over P5 teams (0).

So yeah, I'm a fan of all that.  I know how it would break your heart if Arkansas hired a really good coach who shot your "we have so many disadvantages we can't be expected to win" theory out of the water.

so you want a guy that went 2-10 in 2018, awesome, but we already have one of those.

And no, hiring a good coach, or a coach that turned out to be great would not break my hear at all. What does do that, in a way, is to see so many that think the only two guys that can win here are a a guy who lied to all of us and put himself above the program, or a guy who, at the very least, turned a blind eye toward rampant sexual abuse being perpetrated by players on his football team.

There are 130 FBS level hc's, not to mention hcs at other levels, or coordinators in both college and pro ranks, but yea, they only two that can win here are two total sleaze balls.

EastexHawg

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2019, 02:10:43 pm »

There are 130 FBS level hc's, not to mention hcs at other levels, or coordinators in both college and pro ranks, but yea, they only two that can win here are two total sleaze balls.

How many of them have ties to Arkansas, or have put up back to back 10 and 11 win seasons in the SEC?  How many coaches other than Saban, Meyer, and Spurrier have done that in the SEC in last 25 years, much less at poor pitiful Arkansas?

That's why we are talking about Petrino in this thread.

Blumpkin

• Varsity
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2019, 02:10:55 pm »

👎🏿

thefisher

• Hogvillian
  • Time To Inflict Some Pain
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2019, 02:14:51 pm »

You seem to have forgotten that the Arkansas players were telling potential recruits to NOT come to Arkansas or play for Petrino!   Petrino's last Catfish Hole extravaganza was a recruiting nightmare!!

When your own players are negative recruiting the team they play for because of the coach .....

No .... never.

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2019, 02:16:18 pm »

What a great state and main university we have that for some reason some of you think the only 2 coaches we can get are one that has left nearly every program he has had in ruin and another who allowed athletes to run wild (putting it mildly) until the school could take no more.  Stay classy those of you who want any part of those 2.

The Bold line is pure nonsense

When Bobby left Louisville the first time, he left a program that had just finished 11-1, went to the Orange Bowl, and were ranked going into the next season. The coach that took Bobby's place destroyed that program.

From the time Bobby arrive in Atlanta, he was constantly lied to by the owners and GM of the Falcons. He was promised that the starting QB, who was in trouble with the law, would return for that season if Bobby took the job and all the while the owner and GM knew full well that the QB wasn't going to return. The program was a mess when Bobby took the job and the lying continued until Bobby finally had enough and left for Arkansas with 3 games remaining for a Falcon team that had no chance of making the playoffs.

When Bobby was terminated from Arkansas, he left a program that had just finished with a #12 final ranking in 2010 and Sugar Bowl invitation (Arkansas' first since joining the SEC) then in 2011, finished 11-2 which includes a win over Kansas State in the Cotton Bowl with a #5 final national ranking. That team was also ranked going into the 2012. Would you please explain to me how in the Blue Hades Bobby destroyed the program when he wasn't even here when the decline started. That's sheer IGNORANCE.

For the record, I signed the petition which is something that I would not have done before the Kentucky game.

EastexHawg

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2019, 02:23:53 pm »

You seem to have forgotten that the Arkansas players were telling potential recruits to NOT come to Arkansas or play for Petrino!   Petrino's last Catfish Hole extravaganza was a recruiting nightmare!!

When your own players are negative recruiting the team they play for because of the coach .....

I haven't forgotten anything, I just don't deal in urban legends and old wives' tales. 

snoblind

« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2019, 02:27:44 pm »

A long time ago, Clay Travis said that Arkansas had the 4th dumbest fan base in College Football.  Ever since then,  some people on this forum love to say 'Clay Travis was right'  every time they see a post they don't agree with.  It frankly gets very annoying.

Clay Travis was right.

razorjon

• Senior
« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2019, 02:44:50 pm »

Tagged all of my Razorback brethren on Facebook and told them to share.

Thank you!

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2019, 02:46:18 pm »

How many of them have ties to Arkansas, or have put up back to back 10 and 11 win seasons in the SEC?  How many coaches other than Saban, Meyer, and Spurrier have done that in the SEC in last 25 years, much less at poor pitiful Arkansas?

That's why we are talking about Petrino in this thread.

How many then went and had a 2-10 season somewhere? If someone even suggested a coach coming off a 2-10 season, other than your beloved, you would be the 1st one here blowing a gasket.

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2019, 02:46:49 pm »

Clay Travis was right.

I always thought he was a little off, 2nd was more like it.

RyanMallettsEgo

• Let me buy you lunch
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2019, 02:47:00 pm »

The quota is 100 signatures.

I actually laughed at that.

100 "Arkansas fans" all around the world is all that's needed to show HY that WE WANT BOBBY.

Thanks for the Monday laugh.

Hoggiedawg

« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2019, 02:52:18 pm »

I'd take him as OC if he was willing to knuckle under to the HC appropriately.

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2019, 02:54:20 pm »

How many then went and had a 2-10 season somewhere? If someone even suggested a coach coming off a 2-10 season, other than your beloved, you would be the 1st one here blowing a gasket.

Unlike you, I ignore his second tenure at Louisville because he never should have been there. He should still have been at Arkansas.

snoblind

« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2019, 03:00:11 pm »

Unlike you, I ignore his second tenure at Louisville because he never should have been there. He should still have been at Arkansas.

He would have been fired at the UofA by now even if the motorcycle incident hadn't happened.

Hawgphat

« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2019, 03:03:06 pm »

No.  That ship has sailed.  Sail on, BP; - - - sail on.      ::)

MtPorker

• Varsity
« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2019, 03:11:35 pm »

Nobody with any freaking sense would rehire bobby petrino.  he sent this program into this tailspin.  Get a dang grip.  If petrino had not been fired, his was not going to be much.  he did not recruit. 

runninrazorback

• Varsity
« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2019, 03:19:13 pm »

Grunt

• We put our best playuhs on deefense.
« Reply #81 on: October 14, 2019, 04:17:59 pm »

Do it!

razorjon

• Senior
« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2019, 05:07:41 pm »

When Bobby left Louisville the first time, he left a program that had just finished 11-1, went to the Orange Bowl, and were ranked going into the next season. The coach that took Bobby's place destroyed that program.

From the time Bobby arrive in Atlanta, he was constantly lied to by the owners and GM of the Falcons. He was promised that the starting QB, who was in trouble with the law, would return for that season if Bobby took the job and all the while the owner and GM knew full well that the QB wasn't going to return. The program was a mess when Bobby took the job and the lying continued until Bobby finally had enough and left for Arkansas with 3 games remaining for a Falcon team that had no chance of making the playoffs.

When Bobby was terminated from Arkansas, he left a program that had just finished with a #12 final ranking in 2010 and Sugar Bowl invitation (Arkansas' first since joining the SEC) then in 2011, finished 11-2 which includes a win over Kansas State in the Cotton Bowl with a #5 final national ranking. That team was also ranked going into the 2012. Would you please explain to me how in the Blue Hades Bobby destroyed the program when he wasn't even here when the decline started. That's sheer IGNORANCE.

For the record, I signed the petition which is something that I would not have done before the Kentucky game.

Thank you!

I've been at work all day and have not been able to do much promotion on it, but we are almost at 100.  Thanks!

Hollywood870

• Hogvillian
  • Say it again!
« Reply #83 on: October 14, 2019, 05:10:02 pm »

119-56 record.

razorjon

• Senior
« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2019, 05:13:14 pm »

According to the Hogville narrative...any program he touches he leaves in ashes (burned to the ground) when he leaves because he doesn't know how to recruit...along with coaching.

Now...they could lose the rest of their games this season and get exposed as having zero talent left over, which would fit your narrative. Im just saying....right now it's fair to say that may not be the case. They may have been left some talent.

On the recruiting thing—  we lost a 4-star recruit in real-time after Saturday night, and I just got an alert that we lost 2 current players already today.

razorjon

• Senior
« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2019, 05:18:54 pm »

Just hit 100.  Thank you!  Please share with your Hog friends!

Hollywood870

• Hogvillian
  • Say it again!
« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2019, 05:36:34 pm »

Thank you!
70% of Hog fans voted in favor of bringing Petrino back on Ch.7. You should take out your ad in the paper. I got 5 on it. Lol.

Hoggish1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #87 on: October 14, 2019, 05:58:55 pm »

His last UL team quit on him because he is a horrible human being. They went 2-10 in what was it year 3 or 4? All his own players, all.guys he recruited, coaches he hired.

BP's 2nd stint at Louisville was for five years.  Before that he had only been at a job for four or fewer years. 
He was never any place for more than four years for a reason and we saw that at UL. 

In the 5th year he crashed and burned as it was generally assumed he would do if given long enough to hit the skids.

So, if anybody has the gonads to hire him again it should only be a four year contract.

checkraiser88

« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2019, 06:00:23 pm »

Louisville fans wanted him fired. And of course we think he can coach like the BP of old. Go hire Norvell damnit

I_Called_That_Play_Brotha

• Varsity
  • Never beaten a P5.
« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2019, 06:05:48 pm »

Bobby Petrino is a four time organization killer.

At this point, I'd prefer Chad who seems to have only done it once.

Mike Irwin

« Reply #90 on: October 14, 2019, 06:15:30 pm »

Hunter Yurachek is not going to hire Petrino or Art Briles. This is a waste of time. Some of you guys always think they have to hire a guy that you know about. So we get names like this.

If he pulls the trigger on Morris he will probably do what he did when he hired Musselman. Go after an innovative coach who is winning in a place where he's not attracting a lot of national attention. HY is a football guy, not a guy in suit like Jeff Long. He's got connections. There's a guy out there who will fit this situation.

Iwastherein1969

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #91 on: October 14, 2019, 06:22:49 pm »

Nobody with any freaking sense would rehire bobby petrino.  he sent this program into this tailspin.  Get a dang grip.  If petrino had not been fired, his was not going to be much.  he did not recruit.
flipped...Mallett from AGGY when he transferred from MICH (I live in Texarkana, know his parents and they wanted Ryan to go to A&M) but he told them he was staying in Fayetteville
            flipped...Joe Adams from USC to Arkansas
            flipped...Cobi Hamilton from the Texas Longhorns on a Sunday night visit to Texarkana      nah, the guy can't recruit, he just left Arkansas and went to UL and recruited and developed a QB to win the Heisman trophy...……sir, you are full of ish as an XMAS turkey

a shady hog

• Senior
« Reply #92 on: October 14, 2019, 06:25:03 pm »

Hunter Yurachek is not going to hire Petrino or Art Briles. This is a waste of time. Some of you guys always think they have to hire a guy that you know about. So we get names like this.

If he pulls the trigger on Morris he will probably do what he did when he hired Musselman. Go after an innovative coach who is winning in a place where he's not attracting a lot of national attention. HY is a football guy, not a guy in suit like Jeff Long. He's got connections. There's a guy out there who will fit this situation.
Norvell

alohawg

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Morris, please.
« Reply #93 on: October 14, 2019, 06:26:14 pm »

Dang it, can we at least get some initials, please?

Iwastherein1969

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #94 on: October 14, 2019, 06:30:56 pm »

Dang it, can we at least get some initials, please?
ALOHA, you are arguing with the same old man that was having it out live and in living colour with the LSU fans after the 3OT win at Baton Rouge reporting for KNWA in NW Arkansas...I think his name is Champ Kind

razorjon

• Senior
« Reply #95 on: October 14, 2019, 06:35:38 pm »

70% of Hog fans voted in favor of bringing Petrino back on Ch.7. You should take out your ad in the paper. I got 5 on it. Lol.

I had not seen that poll.  I will look it up...   heh, might take you up on that donation for Democrat Gazette ad.  Need to get this viral, some people are saying Facebook ads might be a better route.  Talking to a couple people...  we shall see.

Hollywood870

• Hogvillian
  • Say it again!
« Reply #96 on: October 14, 2019, 06:41:38 pm »

He would have been fired at the UofA by now even if the motorcycle incident hadn't happened.
There is your dumbest statement of the year.

okrazorback

• Varsity
« Reply #97 on: October 14, 2019, 06:42:08 pm »

I don't want Bobby. I want art Briles.

That  would be great. Art Briles would be another loser.

Hollywood870

• Hogvillian
  • Say it again!
« Reply #98 on: October 14, 2019, 06:42:38 pm »

I had not seen that poll.  I will look it up...   heh, might take you up on that donation for Democrat Gazette ad.  Need to get this viral, some people are saying Facebook ads might be a better route.  Talking to a couple people...  we shall see.
I got 5 on it........

hogchic2001

« Reply #99 on: October 14, 2019, 06:56:43 pm »

So Mike do you think he would consider Leach? I think we would need a bigger name coach to save the football program.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 26   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas