• 10,554,163 Posts
• 415,770 Topics
• 23,843 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: preseason interview with the stars of the wbb team  (Read 219 times)

flippinhogmana

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Nathan J Allison - Brothers to the Bone Books
preseason interview with the stars of the wbb team
« on: October 09, 2019, 06:39:49 pm »

https://arkansasrazorbacks.com/chelsea-dungee-alexis-tolefree-amber-ramirez-and-jailyn-mason-meet-with-the-media/

four confident and quality players geared up and still hungry (if not more so). 

Take aways:  Jailyn Mason is injured and will be for a couple more weeks until she can really practice and do full conditioning.  That means a couple of things, it is likely to take her a while to hit her stride and it means more playing time early (especially in practice but also likely in first few games at least) for younger players further down the depth chart.  That person might be more Marquesha Davis than anyone else.  Both Tolefree and Ramirez talked about her length and that she was a special player, both of them said that.

They also talked a bit about Okafur and her coaching the bigs and adding to the team.  But mainly it was about their confidence and attitude about taking on the season and the conference. 

flippinhogmana

Re: preseason interview with the stars of the wbb team
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 07:42:56 pm »

also, Tolefree talks about being a better, more dependable player this year with a better shooting percentage.  She also mentioned the love the players have for each other.  She was the first to mention how special Davis was by the way.

CD and AR talk about playing together (since grade school according to Dungee in AAU and post season international teams).  Both say they always wanted to play on the same team in college (both were at one time signed with OSU before the death of their coaching staff in a plane crash, btw). 

I liked the chemistry (that they also mentioned) among the four players.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

psycHOGlogist

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Skepticism is a virtue.
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 07:45:32 pm »

I was very struck by the confidence that they all projected - very matter of fact and not really bragging. And I like that the focus is on consistency. That will really be helpful. Canít have games like the LSU road trip last year when we just could not throw the ball in the ocean. Will be excited to see if we are consistently good.

I also liked the shout outs about the Asst Coaches - Tolefree mentioning Coach Schaeferís feedback on her shooting percentage and work ethic, and also mention Coach Osahorís impact on the posts.

Hurry up and get here, season!

flippinhogmana

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 07:49:14 pm »

I was very struck by the confidence that they all projected - very matter of fact and not really bragging. And I like that the focus is on consistency. That will really be helpful. Canít have games like the LSU road trip last year when we just could not throw the ball in the ocean. Will be excited to see if we are consistently good.

I also liked the shout outs about the Asst Coaches - Tolefree mentioning Coach Schaeferís feedback on her shooting percentage and work ethic, and also mention Coach Osahorís impact on the posts.

Hurry up and get here, season!

I also liked that the coach (in his interview) stated mentioning to the team how important the Cal game was.  I also identified it as perhaps the most important non-conference game.  Cal is good (their record last year, their roster this year and their conference affiliation).  HE is raising expectations for this team because they are ready for it. 

AS far as confidence is concerned and evidenced:  Jailyn Mason says (and then preferences it by saying she is not trying to be cocky) that everyone in the conference should look out for this team this year.  She says (in her mind obviously) that the conference is up for grabs and then stats why.  I liked that, her calmness and her reasoning.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas