• 10,472,503 Posts
• 413,216 Topics
• 23,631 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adam Silver just made a significant misstep....  (Read 609 times)

sevenof400

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Is it too late to remember what was best in life?
Adam Silver just made a significant misstep....
« on: October 07, 2019, 03:02:28 pm »

...but he may not realize it yet.

When the commissioner takes a public stand against an owner as Silver just did in the manner he did, his departure won't be long in coming.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27792662/adam-silver-supports-free-speech-rights-houston-rockets-gm-daryl-morey

311Hog

• Gold Hogvillian

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
  • RIP LILY, WE MISS YOU DEARLY
Re: Adam Silver just made a significant misstep....
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 12:32:29 pm »

bathrooms bad
china good

nba needs to move to china.

Gotdatwood

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 03:41:52 pm »

This whole thing is crazy to me.  LeBron is the biggest example I can think of, and just want to put out there that I'm a big LeBron fan.  I have no problem with the injustices that he speaks out about and he does a lot of good for his home community and the game of basketball.  But I find this ironic.  He actually just released a shoe, and in a video unboxing the shoe, which allows you to write your own messages, he writes his famous "I am more than an athlete".  Which was originally in response to someone telling him to shut up and dribble.  Now, he's in China playing preseason games and they aren't allowing any of the teams or players to talk with media.  Which seems like the literal definition of "shut up and dribble" but we haven't heard any outrage about it.  It will be interesting to see what happens once the players make it back to the states.  It all just seems so hypocritical that a "progressive" league like the NBA has been so quiet as a whole on this front.  The issue itself seems like it should be easy to choose a side as an American. 

311Hog

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2019, 03:47:54 pm »

This whole thing is crazy to me.  LeBron is the biggest example I can think of, and just want to put out there that I'm a big LeBron fan.  I have no problem with the injustices that he speaks out about and he does a lot of good for his home community and the game of basketball.  But I find this ironic.  He actually just released a shoe, and in a video unboxing the shoe, which allows you to write your own messages, he writes his famous "I am more than an athlete".  Which was originally in response to someone telling him to shut up and dribble.  Now, he's in China playing preseason games and they aren't allowing any of the teams or players to talk with media.  Which seems like the literal definition of "shut up and dribble" but we haven't heard any outrage about it.  It will be interesting to see what happens once the players make it back to the states.  It all just seems so hypocritical that a "progressive" league like the NBA has been so quiet as a whole on this front.  The issue itself seems like it should be easy to choose a side as an American. 

if they are standing in China now i think the NBA is thinking be quiet until we get our assets back on American soil.

alohawg

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs!
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2019, 02:41:01 pm »

« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 04:07:56 pm by alohawg »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas