• 10,472,503 Posts
• 413,216 Topics
• 23,631 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CPAP Struggles  (Read 578 times)

Squealers

• Resident Wisenhiemer®
  • Global Moderator
  • All-American Hogvillian
  • Squealers = Rabid Hogs & Steeler's Fan
CPAP Struggles
« on: September 26, 2019, 11:51:10 am »

Just got the VA issued CPAP this week, and I gotta tell you, it is not working out for me.   I feel several strange sensations, one is the feeling of being trapped...almost like a claustrophobic effect.  The second sensation is the inability to catch my breath with the device on.  I don't know what it is but for me, it's as if it blocks my deepest breath attempts.   I have tried the full mask and the nose mask.

Any ideas or suggestions?  I have yet to make it a full night (truth be told, I have yet to make it an hour) with this damn thing.

The Chief

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • I just don't understand...
Re: CPAP Struggles
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2019, 01:14:13 pm »

Wear it while you're watching TV or reading for practice.  I've heard this helps.

I am fortunate that I took to the CPAP like a fish to water.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

311Hog

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 01:20:01 pm »

dang man that sucks

I like Chief took to it right away my body needed it so bad i was high the next day i slept so good.

Does yours ramp up the pressure over time? you might want to go back to your sleep doctor and ask them to adjust your machines program to start out much much gentler maybe even almost no air pressure at all to give you time to fall asleep and then it can speed up to what you need.  They should have really worked different pressures in your sleep study to find the one that least disturbed you.

I love the nose pads with the cloth like material head band i barely notice it is there, and i do not put it on until i am absolutely going to sleep

Squealers

• Resident Wisenhiemer®
  • Global Moderator
  • All-American Hogvillian
  • Squealers = Rabid Hogs & Steeler's Fan
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 04:01:46 pm »

Great ideas.....I will try adjusting to it through practice.   311, this device is controlled by the VA....its connected via cellular and they apparently control it from West Haven CT.   I will inquire on the staged pressure, as that sounds like a more strategic way of administering the air.   

Thanks guys.

311Hog

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2019, 04:06:22 pm »

Great ideas.....I will try adjusting to it through practice.   311, this device is controlled by the VA....its connected via cellular and they apparently control it from West Haven CT.   I will inquire on the staged pressure, as that sounds like a more strategic way of administering the air.   

Thanks guys.
np they should be able to mine does it starts out real slow and ramps up after time i am usually long since asleep by then.

Biggus Piggus

• Escaped Journalist
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • What does not kill you makes you almost dead.
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2019, 09:42:56 am »

Just got the VA issued CPAP this week, and I gotta tell you, it is not working out for me.   I feel several strange sensations, one is the feeling of being trapped...almost like a claustrophobic effect.  The second sensation is the inability to catch my breath with the device on.  I don't know what it is but for me, it's as if it blocks my deepest breath attempts.   I have tried the full mask and the nose mask.

Any ideas or suggestions?  I have yet to make it a full night (truth be told, I have yet to make it an hour) with this damn thing.

Air pressure might need to be higher.

RazorWire™

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Life is good
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2019, 11:06:48 am »

I wore it when reading the internets or TV. Then I tried to get to 4 hours every night. All they really want is 4 good hours. Also mine has a humidifier which helps with the dry mouth

311Hog

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2019, 12:56:57 pm »

I wore it when reading the internets or TV. Then I tried to get to 4 hours every night. All they really want is 4 good hours. Also mine has a humidifier which helps with the dry mouth

they come without one? my god that would be awful.  I love my humidifier i haven't had a sinus infection since i got mine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas