• 10,747,827 Posts
• 420,047 Topics
• 24,696 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chiefs...  (Read 1753 times)

EastexHawg

Re: Chiefs...
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2019, 03:07:01 pm »

Dolphins win, Chiefs win.  Unbelievable.  Now there's only one more (okay, maybe two) game on my wish list today.

Tejano Jawg

• Gold Hogvillian
  • GO HOGS! BEAT BLUE!
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2019, 03:18:14 pm »

Fun game. I was still marveling over Damien Williams' last touchdown run when Kevin Harlan launched into the call of the Dolphins' (vs Pats) late TD. That was one of the funniest things I've seen on an NFL broadcast. I was looking at my screen, rubbing my eyes, wondering what I was hearing.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2019, 03:11:47 pm »

Not a better atmosphere in the NFL then Arrowhead... imo

Bubba's Bruisers

« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2019, 08:42:49 pm »

Chiefs and Ravens are the only 2 AFC teams capable of making it to SB.  I donít know which Iíd rather see in the SB.

hawkhawg

« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2019, 09:33:21 pm »

Chiefs and Ravens are the only 2 AFC teams capable of making it to SB.  I donít know which Iíd rather see in the SB.

I definitely think they are the two best teams but I would never count out the patriots.

bennyl08

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Ever since the war I've had a drinking problem
« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2019, 12:47:51 pm »

Not a better atmosphere in the NFL then Arrowhead... imo

You should check out a game up in Seattle at some point. Hawks could be 3-10 and down by 30 points on a rainy day and you'd think it was a tie game in the NFC championship game by how passionate the fans are.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2019, 01:58:45 pm »

You should check out a game up in Seattle at some point. Hawks could be 3-10 and down by 30 points on a rainy day and you'd think it was a tie game in the NFC championship game by how passionate the fans are.
Sounds a lot like Arrowhead...

bennyl08

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Ever since the war I've had a drinking problem
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2020, 07:14:55 pm »

Sounds a lot like Arrowhead...

That's what I've heard.

Wasn't trying to say that KC doesn't have a good atmosphere.

There's a reason it's been between those two stadiums for trying to set a stadium noise record.

Interestingly though ...

https://www.azcardinals.com/news/no-longer-do-teams-make-noise-about-noise-in-nfl

k.c.hawg

« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2020, 07:47:32 am »

Last Sunday when Damien Williams scored and put the Chiefs up 10 with 2:50 left I said to my adult kids, it's over, let's get the jump and go listen to the end of the Patriots game. We had planned on going to a Pizza Bar and having a pie with some beers and watch the afternoon games. We a litterally parked less than 50 yards from our gate and before we even get to the gate, the crowd is roaring to the point to where I'm like "what the hell"?? All I could think was.....we must have sacked Rivers and he's throwing a kicking, screaming tantrum.

Nope it was the crowd reacting to Fitzmagic and the Dolphins. Wished I had checked my phone before we left....I would have stayed to be a part of that high five party with all the people that sit around me. Can't wait til next Sunday!!

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2020, 11:28:29 am »

Last Sunday when Damien Williams scored and put the Chiefs up 10 with 2:50 left I said to my adult kids, it's over, let's get the jump and go listen to the end of the Patriots game. We had planned on going to a Pizza Bar and having a pie with some beers and watch the afternoon games. We a litterally parked less than 50 yards from our gate and before we even get to the gate, the crowd is roaring to the point to where I'm like "what the hell"?? All I could think was.....we must have sacked Rivers and he's throwing a kicking, screaming tantrum.

Nope it was the crowd reacting to Fitzmagic and the Dolphins. Wished I had checked my phone before we left....I would have stayed to be a part of that high five party with all the people that sit around me. Can't wait til next Sunday!!
one of the coolest moments I have experienced at Arrowhead... And instantly when the players heard the loud eruption they started to celebrate.

EastexHawg

« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2020, 06:48:09 pm »

We were standing around with a bunch of KC fans in a TV in a bar in Crested Butte, Colorado watching the end of the Miami-New England game after watching the Chiefs.  It was a great afternoon.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2020, 04:43:58 pm »

Tickets just purchased for this weekend!!!

Torqued pork

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Tori brings the heat.
« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2020, 03:33:00 pm »

The Chief's run defense needs to improve in a hurry.

hawgmasta

• All-American Hogvillian
  • I have to return some videotapes.
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2020, 12:07:53 pm »

The Chief's run defense needs to improve in a hurry.

I was gonna say almost everybody is just writing off the titans. They have a WAY better secondary and LBís than the Texans. Henry will get 150+ on them and Tannehill has been one of the hottest most efficient QBs since he started except for the last two games. But he didnít need to throw at all with Henry going off.

Itís just hard to bet against a team thatís so hot and in cold weather has a strong defense and the best running game left. Scary.

Buff

• Gold Hogvillian
  • My avatar was the owner throwing the horns
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2020, 12:38:39 pm »

All of that.  All of a sudden over the weekend the Titans became my favorite to win it all.  I sure wouldn't want to see my Packers defense take on Henry running at them.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2020, 08:45:28 pm »

Not sure the Titans will be able to stop the chiefs. Mahomes threw for 400+ yards and 3tds.... where the chiefs messed up was having to kick 6 field goals. It took the perfect storm to beat the chiefs last time. Not sure they will get that in Arrowhead stadium.

k.c.hawg

« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2020, 11:56:48 am »

Not sure the Titans will be able to stop the chiefs. Mahomes threw for 400+ yards and 3tds.... where the chiefs messed up was having to kick 6 field goals. It took the perfect storm to beat the chiefs last time. Not sure they will get that in Arrowhead stadium.

Exactly. Chiefs 543 yds to 371 Titans, 28 First Downs to 19, 38 minutes poissession to 22 for Titans, up 9 mid 4th qtr. Too many field goals!!

Really looking forward to being out there Sunday with my grown children. Last year my wife, my football, baseball, basketball, buddy for life, passed away the day before the Colts playoff game after a long illness. After 20+ years as a season ticket holder I had sold  most of the games down the stretch and playoff games as her condition worsened. We have made this season a tribute to her and her love for the game. She was from and grew up in Sherman, Texas and when I met her in 1977 she told me she was a life long Razorback fan, I figured then, we were destined to be together. When we were sitting at 6-4 I thought, man this tribute season isn't going as planned. 7 wins later we are back on schedule. If we win Sunday, I'm sure a few tears are going to flow thinking about all those years she was by my side there, waiting for this to happen. Then I wiill think man, she's watching on the giant screen with Lamar, DT, Buck, Joe Delaney, Walter White..............Go Chiefs!!!

EastexHawg

« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2020, 01:01:03 pm »

And Hank Stram.  He will undoubtedly matriculate over to watch the game with them.

oldman1015

« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2020, 06:23:52 pm »

Exactly. Chiefs 543 yds to 371 Titans, 28 First Downs to 19, 38 minutes poissession to 22 for Titans, up 9 mid 4th qtr. Too many field goals!!

Really looking forward to being out there Sunday with my grown children. Last year my wife, my football, baseball, basketball, buddy for life, passed away the day before the Colts playoff game after a long illness. After 20+ years as a season ticket holder I had sold  most of the games down the stretch and playoff games as her condition worsened. We have made this season a tribute to her and her love for the game. She was from and grew up in Sherman, Texas and when I met her in 1977 she told me she was a life long Razorback fan, I figured then, we were destined to be together. When we were sitting at 6-4 I thought, man this tribute season isn't going as planned. 7 wins later we are back on schedule. If we win Sunday, I'm sure a few tears are going to flow thinking about all those years she was by my side there, waiting for this to happen. Then I wiill think man, she's watching on the giant screen with Lamar, DT, Buck, Joe Delaney, Walter White..............Go Chiefs!!!
Well I for sure have to pull for the Chiefs now. Thank you for sharing your story.

Buff

• Gold Hogvillian
  • My avatar was the owner throwing the horns
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2020, 07:54:13 pm »

Well I for sure have to pull for the Chiefs now. Thank you for sharing your story.

Amen, go Chiefs.  I'm riding them all the way now.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2020, 08:32:26 am »

God bless you and your family!!! Im gonna drink a little more and yell a little more for your wife sunday at Arrowhead!!!! I was at the AFC championship game last year and the atmosphere was as good as Ive been to. I think tomorrow will shatter that atmosphere!!! We will be tailgating in line before the gates open!!!!!

k.c.hawg

« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2020, 09:45:03 am »

God bless you and your family!!! Im gonna drink a little more and yell a little more for your wife sunday at Arrowhead!!!! I was at the AFC championship game last year and the atmosphere was as good as Ive been to. I think tomorrow will shatter that atmosphere!!! We will be tailgating in line before the gates open!!!!!

Same here. We got there at 7:20 last week and were right at streets edge of Gate 6.....usually like 3 vehicles back from the toll booth. Probably get there a little earlier this week!! We always set up right on the Corner of G at the Hy-Vee Gate. I'm 335 Row 8 on the ailse. Was Row 9 on the aisle for 15 years and the Chiefs waited until they announced the Drum Deck and I called to ask them "did that effect my seats" before they let me know it ate my seats. I asked my ticket guy, am I still on the aisle...... he said let me check and get back with you. I said Ray, my ass better be on the aisle!! He called back and said yeah, we moved you down 1 row. Kind of like the Drum Deck, my kids love it as they jump out for autographs from former players, handshakes with Tech9 and Vermeil. Man, lets bring this thing home tomorrow!!

My wife surprised me back in 04. I had almost lost my lower right leg in an accident and had'nt been able to walk for 18 months. We were at a Chiefs alumni auction at Arrowhead with a former player/friend. My wife started bidding on a Super Bowl trip that was loaded. I'm thinking "what in the hell is she doing and how much is she going to spend??" She looked at me and said OK boy, you've got 6 months to get walking or I'm gonna have to take some other guy!! She won the bidding. Airfare, tickets on Row 2 of the endzone, Jacksonville a little drab, but we stayed on a cruise ship in a great suite overlooking the city, got to go to the NFL Player of the Year Gala at the TPC Sawgrass, a couple of other parties, and I got to see Andy Reid coach his first Super Bowl. It was a good competitive game, good halftime show with Paul McCartney. Helluva girl that always wanted me to live my best life, never winced when I or her paid stupid amounts of money to do bucket list things. I'd be lying if I said I haven't been looking around at packages!!! $$$$$ ouch.

Thank you so much for the kind thoughts. Have a safe time tomorrow and Go Chieeeeeeeefs!!!

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2020, 09:55:33 am »

Same here. We got there at 7:20 last week and were right at streets edge of Gate 6.....usually like 3 vehicles back from the toll booth. Probably get there a little earlier this week!! We always set up right on the Corner of G at the Hy-Vee Gate. I'm 335 Row 8 on the ailse. Was Row 9 on the aisle for 15 years and the Chiefs waited until they announced the Drum Deck and I called to ask them "did that effect my seats" before they let me know it ate my seats. I asked my ticket guy, am I still on the aisle...... he said let me check and get back with you. I said Ray, my ass better be on the aisle!! He called back and said yeah, we moved you down 1 row. Kind of like the Drum Deck, my kids love it as they jump out for autographs from former players, handshakes with Tech9 and Vermeil. Man, lets bring this thing home tomorrow!!

My wife surprised me back in 04. I had almost lost my lower right leg in an accident and had'nt been able to walk for 18 months. We were at a Chiefs alumni auction at Arrowhead with a former player/friend. My wife started bidding on a Super Bowl trip that was loaded. I'm thinking "what in the hell is she doing and how much is she going to spend??" She looked at me and said OK boy, you've got 6 months to get walking or I'm gonna have to take some other guy!! She won the bidding. Airfare, tickets on Row 2 of the endzone, Jacksonville a little drab, but we stayed on a cruise ship in a great suite overlooking the city, got to go to the NFL Player of the Year Gala at the TPC Sawgrass, a couple of other parties, and I got to see Andy Reid coach his first Super Bowl. It was a good competitive game, good halftime show with Paul McCartney. Helluva girl that always wanted me to live my best life, never winced when I or her paid stupid amounts of money to do bucket list things. I'd be lying if I said I haven't been looking around at packages!!! $$$$$ ouch.

Thank you so much for the kind thoughts. Have a safe time tomorrow and Go Chieeeeeeeefs!!!
you too!!!! Hope we win it for you and your wife!!!!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas