General Sports Discussion > NFL Board

Chiefs...

(1/3) > >>

#1 STUNNA:
offense is absolutely nuts with Mahomes at the helm... Hopefully defense doesnt cost them again this year...

99toLife:
The Chiefs are just plain fun to watch.....

EastexHawg:
Phil Simms said at halftime that "we have never seen an arm" like Mahomes.  I remember being told I was crazy for saying that a year or so ago.

Keep in mind the Chiefs are doing what they are doing after cutting former NFL rushing leader Kareem Hunt and losing Tyreek Hill to injury.  Mahomes is making rookies and journeymen look like All-Pros.

99toLife:

--- Quote from: EastexHawg on September 23, 2019, 02:29:03 pm ---Phil Simms said at halftime that "we have never seen an arm" like Mahomes.  I remember being told I was crazy for saying that a year or so ago.

Keep in mind the Chiefs are doing what they are doing after cutting former NFL rushing leader Kareem Hunt and losing Tyreek Hill to injury.  Mahomes is making rookies and journeymen look like All-Pros.

--- End quote ---

I was NOT one of those people that called you crazy. I thought he would be good, but seriously, no one thought he would be this good this fast...

EastexHawg:

--- Quote from: 99toLife on September 23, 2019, 02:41:57 pm ---I was NOT one of those people that called you crazy. I thought he would be good, but seriously, no one thought he would be this good this fast...

--- End quote ---

He was the best player in college football and should have won the Heisman, but the talent around him wasn't nearly as good as Baker Mayfield's so Mayfield got the award.  The funny part about that is that Mayfield left Texas Tech when he saw Mahomes because he knew he couldn't compete with him and would have sat the bench.

Mayfield is the poor man's Patrick Mahomes.

I get a lot of "you need to watch more football!" on this board because I don't parrot the accepted narratives.  Oddly enough, I watch enough football to be tied for first place in the NWA portion of the Pick 'Ems contest and 7th or 8th nationally. 

99toLife:

--- Quote from: EastexHawg on September 23, 2019, 03:01:35 pm ---He was the best player in college football and should have won the Heisman, but the talent around him wasn't nearly as good as Baker Mayfield's so Mayfield got the award.  The funny part about that is that Mayfield left Texas Tech when he saw Mahomes because he knew he couldn't compete with him and would have sat the bench.

Mayfield is the poor man's Patrick Mahomes.

I get a lot of "you need to watch more football!" on this board because I don't parrot the accepted narratives.  Oddly enough, I watch enough football to be tied for first place in the NWA portion of the Pick 'Ems contest and 7th or 8th nationally.

--- End quote ---

I was backing your posts all the way.

I got a chance to see Patrick at a Chiefs pre season scrimmage when Alex Smith was the starter.. He was already frickin impressive.  Then they traded Smith at the end of the year and some fans freaked out.... not me...

EastexHawg:

--- Quote from: 99toLife on September 23, 2019, 03:08:24 pm ---I was backing your posts all the way.

I got a chance to see Patrick at a Chiefs pre season scrimmage when Alex Smith was the starter.. He was already frickin impressive.  Then they traded Smith at the end of the year and some fans freaked out.... not me...

--- End quote ---

I know you weren't.  I remember in particular one of the disciples of the Church of Global Warming telling me I was nuts for what I said about Mahomes' arm.  I've been watching him since he was in high school and he was been a man among boys since he was in Little League.

99toLife:

--- Quote from: EastexHawg on September 23, 2019, 03:13:13 pm ---I know you weren't.  I remember in particular one of the disciples of the Church of Global Warming telling me I was nuts for what I said about Mahomes' arm.  I've been watching him since he was in high school and he was been a man among boys since he was in Little League.

--- End quote ---

He can flip the ball 45-50 yards, it's insane.  He's like a pitcher that looks like he tosses the ball to home, yet the gun says 96 mph..  it's freaky...

#1 STUNNA:
hes had a different leading receiver every game so far this year... and none of them are named Tyreek Hill... lmao... no doubt in my mind the Chiefs should be primetime football more often regardless of keeping other fan bases happy.

bennyl08:

--- Quote from: 99toLife on September 23, 2019, 03:08:24 pm ---I was backing your posts all the way.

--- End quote ---

Some fans, but not most. Most people knew that it was good for Mahomes to essentially get a redshirt year. He showed at the end of season and through practices that he was ready, and voila, they traded Smith and went with Mahomes.

bennyl08:

--- Quote from: EastexHawg on September 23, 2019, 03:13:13 pm ---I know you weren't.  I remember in particular one of the disciples of the Church of Global Warming telling me I was nuts for what I said about Mahomes' arm.  I've been watching him since he was in high school and he was been a man among boys since he was in Little League.

--- End quote ---

Church requires faith in the unknown. Global warming is based in reality with over a years of science backing it up. If you have evidence to the contrary, I'd love to hear it and then collect my nobel prize for overthrowing centuries of thermodynamics.

As for calling you nuts, I stand by that. You were saying that he had the strongest arm in NFL history.

I agree with you that he had among the strongest arms. I agreed with you that he was a very good quarterback.

However, you were absolutely insistent that Mahomes' arm was the strongest and had the highest velocity.

https://www.actionnetwork.com/nfl/patrick-mahomes-josh-allen-throwing-contest-betting-odds-picks

At the combine, Josh Allen had objectively more velocity than Mahomes.

EastexHawg:

--- Quote from: bennyl08 on September 25, 2019, 06:15:29 pm ---Church requires faith in the unknown. Global warming is based in reality with over a years of science backing it up. If you have evidence to the contrary, I'd love to hear it and then collect my nobel prize for overthrowing centuries of thermodynamics.

As for calling you nuts, I stand by that. You were saying that he had the strongest arm in NFL history.

I agree with you that he had among the strongest arms. I agreed with you that he was a very good quarterback.

However, you were absolutely insistent that Mahomes' arm was the strongest and had the highest velocity.

https://www.actionnetwork.com/nfl/patrick-mahomes-josh-allen-throwing-contest-betting-odds-picks

--- End quote ---

You know as much about football as man-made global warming.  Congratulations on being wrong again a year later.  It doesn't really surprise me that you would ignore what happens...or doesn't happen.

EastexHawg:
Just for the record, let's review on instant replay:

--- Quote from: bennyl08 on September 21, 2018, 12:28:31 am ---I'm not comparing the two. I'm wondering why on earth HS success was brought up in a freaking NFL thread. It's like saying "I knew little bobby was going to grow up to be a scientist because he got an A in a third grade exam..."

It's just weird to bring that up when, you know, there's way more relevant information to bring up. I mean, there's probably 100 qb's in HS right now who have his size and arm strength and everything. However, one, maybe up to 3 of them would have the mental acuity and internal drive/passion to end up where Mahomes is now.

--- End quote ---

Probably 100 high school quarterbacks with Mahomes' arm strength...

Yes, yes indeed.

EastexHawg:
Phil Simms:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1175844817819115520

"...it's the arm.  We've never seen an arm like this, ever, in the NFL."

guy8699:
Watching him torch the Hogs in Razorback stadium a few years ago was brutal.  However as a Chiefs fan I couldn't be happier. 

#1 STUNNA:
Working on taking Treylon and Bubba to there first NFL game in December sometime... Any chiefs/Hog fans potentially wanna meet up we can figure something out when the time comes... Raiders, Broncos, or Chargers game...

Mike_e:

--- Quote from: bennyl08 on September 25, 2019, 06:15:29 pm ---Church requires faith in the unknown. Global warming is based in reality with over a years of science backing it up. If you have evidence to the contrary, I'd love to hear it and then collect my nobel prize for overthrowing centuries of thermodynamics.

--- End quote ---

I have faith that thermodynamics is a bitch.  Does that count?

k.c.hawg:

--- Quote from: #1 STUNNA on September 27, 2019, 08:26:39 am ---Working on taking Treylon and Bubba to there first NFL game in December sometime... Any chiefs/Hog fans potentially wanna meet up we can figure something out when the time comes... Raiders, Broncos, or Chargers game...

--- End quote ---

We are always set up on the corner of G, just across the street from the Hy Vee entrance. Usually throw down a helluva spread!! I'm assuming they are paying their own way??

#1 STUNNA:

--- Quote from: k.c.hawg on September 29, 2019, 07:49:36 am ---We are always set up on the corner of G, just across the street from the Hy Vee entrance. Usually throw down a helluva spread!! I'm assuming they are paying their own way??

--- End quote ---
they will just have to drive to me...

onebadrubi:

--- Quote from: #1 STUNNA on September 29, 2019, 10:35:45 am ---they will just have to drive to me...

--- End quote ---

Stunna, lets for good measures say they are paying their own way.  Ha

#1 STUNNA:

--- Quote from: onebadrubi on September 29, 2019, 10:03:16 pm ---Stunna, lets for good measures say they are paying their own way.  Ha

--- End quote ---
They have parents..lol

bennyl08:

--- Quote from: EastexHawg on September 26, 2019, 11:20:41 am ---Phil Simms:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1175844817819115520

"...it's the arm.  We've never seen an arm like this, ever, in the NFL."

--- End quote ---

And would you like to know how often Phil Simms is wrong?

--- Quote from: EastexHawg on September 25, 2019, 06:54:38 pm ---Just for the record, let's review on instant replay:

Probably 100 high school quarterbacks with Mahomes' arm strength...

Yes, yes indeed.

--- End quote ---

Yep. I'd wager there are over 100 athletes in HS who can run a sub 4.3 forty as well.

Most will never play football. Those that play are likely too small to even think about playing in college. Only a fraction of those will be good enough to go on to the NFL, and so on and so forth.

So yeah, people with very strong arms? Yeah, lots of them. Heck, Josh Allen has already shown he has a stronger arm in the combine. Cole Kelley is on tape completing a pass farther than at least half of the qb's in the NFL right now. And he isn't even starting at LaTech right now.

You really think there aren't 100 people in all of high school in all of the US who can throw a football 80 yards? Doesn't mean they can complete a pass 80 yards downfield or even have the accuracy to keep it in the field of play. Strictly talking about the power. There's loads of Cole Kelley type players in college right now who aren't even starting and a handful who are. It would be more surprising to find out that there aren't loads of HS aged players who can do that.

EastexHawg:
Hilarious.  Unknown, faceless high schoolers are out there...at least 100 of them.  You would bet on it!

That's your argument.

Keep 'em coming.

Jackrabbit Hog:

--- Quote from: EastexHawg on October 02, 2019, 08:59:12 pm ---Hilarious.  Unknown, faceless high schoolers are out there...at least 100 of them.  You would bet on it!

That's your argument.

Keep 'em coming.

--- End quote ---

I notice you didn't address the "how many times Phil Simms is wrong" part of it.    ;)     That's like relying on Huffington Post for your news.

99toLife:

--- Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on October 04, 2019, 01:55:57 pm ---I notice you didn't address the "how many times Phil Simms is wrong" part of it.    ;)     That's like relying on Huffington Post for your news.

--- End quote ---

Phil can't change reality no matter what you think...  Pat is AWESOME........

bennyl08:

--- Quote from: 99toLife on October 04, 2019, 04:30:00 pm ---Phil can't change reality no matter what you think...  Pat is AWESOME........

--- End quote ---

Agreed. But, the strongest arm in the history of the NFL?

There's always a bigger fish. As it stands right now, Josh Allen objectively has the strongest arm in the NFL.

RebelliousHog:

--- Quote from: bennyl08 on October 02, 2019, 08:52:13 pm ---And would you like to know how often Phil Simms is wrong?

Yep. I'd wager there are over 100 athletes in HS who can run a sub 4.3 forty as well.

Most will never play football. Those that play are likely too small to even think about playing in college. Only a fraction of those will be good enough to go on to the NFL, and so on and so forth.

So yeah, people with very strong arms? Yeah, lots of them. Heck, Josh Allen has already shown he has a stronger arm in the combine. Cole Kelley is on tape completing a pass farther than at least half of the qb's in the NFL right now. And he isn't even starting at LaTech right now.

You really think there aren't 100 people in all of high school in all of the US who can throw a football 80 yards? Doesn't mean they can complete a pass 80 yards downfield or even have the accuracy to keep it in the field of play. Strictly talking about the power. There's loads of Cole Kelley type players in college right now who aren't even starting and a handful who are. It would be more surprising to find out that there aren't loads of HS aged players who can do that.

--- End quote ---

That's because he plays for Southeastern Louisiana.  Your argument is invalid.

DoubleReedHawgCaller:
I'm a chiefs fan but andy Reid will never get it done for Kansas city. He's too damn stubborn to put a good defense on the field.

#1 STUNNA:
Defense could be the reason again we dont make it to the super bowl....

#1 STUNNA:
They definitely need to find a way to get healthy thats for sure

EastexHawg:

--- Quote from: #1 STUNNA on October 07, 2019, 09:41:02 am ---They definitely need to find a way to get healthy thats for sure

--- End quote ---

The injuries on the offensive line and at the wideout positions allowed the Colts to get in Mahomes' face all night.  Until they get healthy that's going to be the blueprint for other teams.  I also think the Chiefs needed to blitz more to try to force bad plays because their defensive front couldn't get any pressure on Brissett or stop the running game.  They let the Colts play ball control all night.

cosmodrum:

--- Quote from: EastexHawg on October 07, 2019, 01:18:14 pm ---The injuries on the offensive line and at the wideout positions allowed the Colts to get in Mahomes' face all night.  Until they get healthy that's going to be the blueprint for other teams.  I also think the Chiefs needed to blitz more to try to force bad plays because their defensive front couldn't get any pressure on Brissett or stop the running game.  They let the Colts play ball control all night.

--- End quote ---

And as bad as is, we still had a shot to win if we recover the onside. Unfortunately we are a while away from help on the OL, Chris Jones is now week-to-week which I assume means 4-6, our LBs are some of the worst in the league.

GoHogsGo321:

--- Quote from: #1 STUNNA on October 07, 2019, 09:40:46 am ---Defense could be the reason again we dont make it to the super bowl....

--- End quote ---

There is that and well patriots. 

#1 STUNNA:
Hill is back!!!

#1 STUNNA:

--- Quote from: GoHogsGo321 on October 11, 2019, 06:34:52 pm ---There is that and well patriots. 

--- End quote ---
Patriots offense will have to improve some... but so will the chiefs defense...

#1 STUNNA:
Huge win chiefs!!! Needed that win while getting Mahomes healthy...

EastexHawg:
That was a huge win against a 6-2 team.  It could turn out to be big in terms of playoff seeding.  They still have the Patriots coming up and the Ravens aren't a lock to stay ahead of them, either.  Baltimore and KC are both 4-2 in conference games.

EastexHawg:
Thank goodness for Phillip Rivers throwing yet another interception because I have little doubt the Chargers would have gone for two and the win with a TD at the end.

The Chiefs couldn't run the ball at all but Andy Reid kept getting them into must pass third down situations by trying to run out the clock.  There is a reason why he has never won a Super Bowl.

justin2000m80:
I enjoy watching Mahommes.  He is enjoyable to watch.  I havent enjoyed watching a QB this much since Favre. 

I think Rivers is about done. 

EastexHawg:
The Honey Badger is the biggest difference in this Chiefs defense.  Matthieu is a difference maker.  So is Chris Jones.

k.c.hawg:
I enjoyed and had as much fun at yesterdays game as I've had in my damn near 200 home games I've attended at Arrowhead. Don't know exact snowfall amount but I live in lees Summit, about 15 miles from the stadium and we got 7.5" while we were tailgating and attending the game. Mahomes was sharp in terrible conditions. Probably the best he has thrown the ball since the Titans game. Hopefully he's getting fine tuned again at the the right time.

k.c.hawg:

--- Quote from: EastexHawg on December 15, 2019, 02:35:14 pm ---The Honey Badger is the biggest difference in this Chiefs defense.  Matthieu is a difference maker.  So is Chris Jones.

--- End quote ---

Mathieu is the heart and soul of that defense. Thornhill is really coming along, I would currently not trade them for any other safety tandem. 6 interceptions (3 each) both are great suporting the run game, Mathieu comes up at times and just gets dirty on the edge. Love having Mathieu back there grooming Thornhill.

EastexHawg:
He was a playmaker in college and he still is.  Some guys just have "it".  He always has.

k.c.hawg:
Okafor done for the season, Chiefs claim Terrel Suggs. He say's he won't play for anyone but Baltimore, we will see. We have lost 2 DE's to season ending injuries....both of whom were having surprisingly good seasons.

EastexHawg:
The Chiefs have had an injury plagued season.  Holding it together to get to 10-4 hasn't been a given.

husker71:
defense seems to be getting better.  If Pats lose this is big week for KC

#1 STUNNA:
Mahomes is getting smarter... taking what the defense is giving...not going for the big play as often... If they can sustain some long drives in the playoffs it will only help them. That first drive against the bears was great.

and he is still the best qb in the NFL...

EastexHawg:
Will someone let the Chiefs' receivers know that it is legal to run upfield in a straight line after a catch?  Every one of them stops, jukes, and jives after the reception.

EastexHawg:
The Honey Badger strikes again.  Some guys just make plays, and he does.  They are born that way.

EastexHawg:
Andy Reid's incredibly conservative play calls on first and second downs drive me crazy. "Here, Patrick I got us into a must-pass situation on third down, now pull it out for us."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View