Non Sports Forums > Hunting, Fishing and other Outdoor Sports

Discussion on Bait Privilege License

Pages: (1/1)

jbcarol:

https://www.al.com/outdoors/2019/09/new-for-alabama-deer-season-baiting-on-private-land.html

--- Quote ---if 7-year-old grandson is sitting in a shooting house with granddaddy and...
--- End quote ---

woodrow hog call:

--- Quote from: jbcarol on September 12, 2019, 07:50:00 am ---https://www.al.com/outdoors/2019/09/new-for-alabama-deer-season-baiting-on-private-land.html

--- End quote ---

That's a debate I have been having with myself lately, I want the grandson to see deer, so I know I can increase the odds by feeding, but I have been opposed to hunting over bait. I was actually thinking about going by Sams today and getting some corn to put out, at least here I don't have to buy another license for it.

I just know kids today (at least mine) are not going to keep going to the stand if they aren't seeing deer.

hawgon:

I think baiting can really reduce the number of deer you see if they get they slightest pressure.  They can get all the food they need quickly and easily without moving much at all and go nocturnal entirely. 

Deer hunting would be far better without it.

Hawg_E_Style:

Are we considering food plots as "baiting?"

oldman1015:

--- Quote from: Hawg_E_Style on September 16, 2019, 12:39:28 am ---Are we considering food plots as "baiting?"

--- End quote ---
Not anywhere I've ever heard of.

CPO Hog:

I use corn feeders to hold doe in the area. Quite a bit of hunting pressure around my property. I seldom see mature bucks on game cam around the feeders. I hunt a couple hundred yard away from my feeders in thicker wooded areas and on a couple known trails.

woodrow hog call:

--- Quote from: Hawg_E_Style on September 16, 2019, 12:39:28 am ---Are we considering food plots as "baiting?"

--- End quote ---

No, the Game and Fish folks had a press release where they encourage the use of food plots rather than feeding. Mentioned that wildlife feed doesn't have to pass the same inspections that cattle feed does, and a few other things they don't like about it, corn not being very nutritious for the deer being one.

Pages: (1/1)

Go to full version