• 10,543,189 Posts
• 415,506 Topics
• 23,807 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm starting to think about 70% of our fan base will be Mad if we start winning  (Read 2746 times)

tophawg19

• Gold Hogvillian
  • She thinks my hawgs are sexy

Just reading through posts and at least 2/3 want the Hog's and Morris to fail . He isn't their guy or something , but to cheer against him Doesn't look good for our fan base. 2/3's of the posts on here are totally negative . We knew coming in that CBB left a crap pile but now these same fans are whining . Jones will fill the spot at center next year allowing Clary to move to guard and Cunningham to Tackle . Gatlin's return also helps at the other tackle and Stromberg looks like the steal i thought he was going to be . A fair trade with Oklahoma when they got wilkins . We all hoped to be farther ahead than we are but losing those O-line guys to all sorts of injuries was a set back

thebignasty

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • I find your lack of faith... disturbing.

Just reading through posts and at least 2/3 want the Hog's and Morris to fail . He isn't their guy or something , but to cheer against him Doesn't look good for our fan base. 2/3's of the posts on here are totally negative . We knew coming in that CBB left a crap pile but now these same fans are whining . Jones will fill the spot at center next year allowing Clary to move to guard and Cunningham to Tackle . Gatlin's return also helps at the other tackle and Stromberg looks like the steal i thought he was going to be . A fair trade with Oklahoma when the got wilkins . We all hoped to be farther ahead than we are but losing those O-line guys to all sorts of injuries was a set back
Can you quote a post where someone has rooted against him or the Razorbacks and post it in this thread?

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Nadine Coyle shakin it for the Hogs!!!!

Just reading through posts and at least 2/3 want the Hog's and Morris to fail . He isn't their guy or something , but to cheer against him Doesn't look good for our fan base. 2/3's of the posts on here are totally negative . We knew coming in that CBB left a crap pile but now these same fans are whining . Jones will fill the spot at center next year allowing Clary to move to guard and Cunningham to Tackle . Gatlin's return also helps at the other tackle and Stromberg looks like the steal i thought he was going to be . A fair trade with Oklahoma when the got wilkins . We all hoped to be farther ahead than we are but losing those O-line guys to all sorts of injuries was a set back

I don't agree. Most just want to win and they will adopt whomever produces those wins.

Oda Hamunaga

That’s ridiculous.

I think some of you are too sensitive to others opinions.

SeldomHere

• All-American Hogvillian
  • My all-time favorite gender.

I have hope for the offensive line because Kurt is not coaching them. They will get better and we will get better lineman coming in. When that happens we should have a better chance to win. If it does not, we will be looking at a coaching search in year 4 or 5.  I am not rooting for Morris and hogs to lose, but to win.

David†

I have very little confidence in Chad Morris.

I hope he turns out to be the winningest coach we ever had.

Both statements can be true.

26.2Hog

• The future ain't what it used to be

Just reading through posts and at least 2/3 want the Hog's and Morris to fail . He isn't their guy or something , but to cheer against him Doesn't look good for our fan base. 2/3's of the posts on here are totally negative . We knew coming in that CBB left a crap pile but now these same fans are whining . Jones will fill the spot at center next year allowing Clary to move to guard and Cunningham to Tackle . Gatlin's return also helps at the other tackle and Stromberg looks like the steal i thought he was going to be . A fair trade with Oklahoma when they got wilkins . We all hoped to be farther ahead than we are but losing those O-line guys to all sorts of injuries was a set back

Good grief.

BeaverHog

I think 99 percent of hog fans are just upset with state of program since  Petrino last coached.  Some more vocal and extreme than others. I hope though we didn’t lose fans or have fans give up on the program. Talking to a guy recently and their family started following bama just because they win. Hope it’s the extreme end of the Bell chart with that one.

tophawg19

• Gold Hogvillian

Can you quote a post where someone has rooted against him or the Razorbacks and post it in this thread?
pick any thread and read it , mostly negative BS with little facts . with all the changes we have had to make , everyone should have known this was a team who would struggle to find an identity early on. I thought we could beat Ole Miss but am not surprised . The young guys have come on a bit slower and Our qb Starkel needs time to learn more of the playbook but that was expected by many of us . Yet every thread has tons of posts trashing Morris, Craddock , even the water boy. But refusing to grasp that we lack experience all over the field and each injury sets us back more

thebignasty

pick any thread and read it , mostly negative BS with little facts . with all the changes we have had to make , everyone should have known this was a team who would struggle to find an identity early on. I thought we could beat Ole Miss but am not surprised . The young guys have come on a bit slower and Our qb Starkel needs time to learn more of the playbook but that was expected by many of us . Yet every thread has tons of posts trashing Morris, Craddock , even the water boy. But refusing to grasp that we lack experience all over the field and each injury sets us back more
If 70% of the posters here are openly rooting against Morris and the team, it seems like it'd be pretty easy to find one post and quote it here.

007 License To Squeal

• Global Moderator
  • Fmr USAF Combat Crew Titan II Launch Crew Member

Just reading through posts and at least 2/3 want the Hog's and Morris to fail .

Names?

solitons

I don't agree. Most just want to win and they will adopt whomever produces those wins.
totally agreed with you, +1

Oda Hamunaga

tophawg19

• Gold Hogvillian

CRICKETS.
read the posts . too many to name . look and see how many have already written Morris off and it is only two games into the season with an undermanned team

tophawg19

• Gold Hogvillian

But won't support the coach trying to build a team to get the  wins .

The NewEra

You're not getting a lot of support for your opinion so far and I disagree with the percentage, but I do think you are right that there are some who want him to fail and fail soon so that they can hope to get their guy in here.  What they don't understand is that they may not get their guy, there will be another culture change, the same players will be here at O-Line and the other positions.  Plus, the new coach will have to recruit themselves out of this situation.  From what I've seen, I have little doubt that some who come to this board want the coach to fail.

(notOM)Rebel123

Names?

Well, you have a 13 page thread on Petrino with ridiculous comments such as...
“Most fans and the U0fA don't want to win, and that is just a fact...”
and I don’t recall you questioning that.

widespreadsooie

You've manifested this in your head, my guy.

(notOM)Rebel123

well, certainly the 70% part. That’s a tad inflated. But you gotta admit, there are some posters on here that would rather the Hogs lose just so they can crow “I told you so!”   ;D

pigachu

BS. I’ve been in a sold out RRS with Nutt, then Petrino, And Bret. I’ve also been in bud walton when it was full to the gills with Nolan, Heath, pelphrey(miss st. ‘09), and Mike. Not to mention norm and Dave’s sellouts at Baum.

Hog fans want a winner and will always show up no matter who the coach is

tophawg19

• Gold Hogvillian

can you read ? every thread is blown up with "Fire Morris people

Papawhawg

If 70% of the posters here are openly rooting against Morris and the team, it seems like it'd be pretty easy to find one post and quote it here.

That's the key word....

thebignasty

That's the key word....
OP says 2/3rd to 70% of the posters here are cheering for Chad Morris to fail.   I feel like that kind of claim would be pretty easy to back up with examples, since quoting one at random would have a 70% chance of being an example that proves his point, but OP seems reluctant or unable to provide any.

Seems bogus to me.

widespreadsooie

can you read ? every thread is blown up with "Fire Morris people

Nope, if I PM you my cell # will you call me to explain all the senseless garbage you've taken the time to wade thru?

EastexHawg

Here we go again.  Didn't we hear the same thing when Fat Boy was here?  "Some of you want Coach to lose!"

Yes, yes, it is the fans' fault.

(notOM)Rebel123

Here we go again.  Didn't we hear the same thing when Fat Boy was here?  "Some of you want Coach to lose!"

Yes, yes, it is the fans' fault.

Well, if you read through enough of the threads, there are plenty of posts to make one seriously consider the possibility. But I really doubt ( and certainly hope) that some fans are really wishing we would lose. But they sure do post things that make you wonder where their allegiance lies.

BeaverHog

OP says 2/3rd to 70% of the posters here are cheering for Chad Morris to fail.   I feel like that kind of claim would be pretty easy to back up with examples, since quoting one at random would have a 70% chance of being an example that proves his point, but OP seems reluctant or unable to provide any.

Seems bogus to me.

Also why would anyone participating on this message board be privately cheering Morris to fail? Don’t think that’s anywhere close to being 70 percent. We live in a world of insecurity, that’s all.

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Nadine Coyle shakin it for the Hogs!!!!

But won't support the coach trying to build a team to get the  wins .

Well I disagree. I think that many overlook the negative leadership last year that really hurt this team, but there are also many like me that feel like, even giving Morris a pass for last season, that with greater buy-in from the team over the off season, that we could reasonably expect better success and a team that looked like it was more on the same page with one another after all this time.

Do we have all of the talent that we need? No, have to keep recruiting, but if you don't show significant progress, it will be difficult to recruit even as well as last year. If you can do that and you are that persuasive, then you need to be in big-ticket sales instead of coaching. ;)

I guess my point is, I'm all for Morris and sustainability and consistency of the coaching staff, but man you got to step up at some point and demonstrate improvement. For a team that is supposedly "all bought in" and committed to the process, I've not seen this team bear fruit as they should have. I understand that we are playing a lot of young players who are inexperienced, but even the experienced players seem to not be producing (RB?) aside from Boyd.

There are enough experienced players on this team that should be pushing everyone to produce at any level. I'm just not seeing it and that leadership originates with the staff. I have no problem with Chavis and what he is trying to produce, but I have a problem with everyone else at this point.

Maybe that will change? 

Oda Hamunaga

Seems bogus to me.

Well lets make this sort of scientific... Ill pull some random posts here from random.org
1-40 is the seed. I like math I can do this all day.

“« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2019, 01:07:30 pm »
ReplyQuote
2020 we play the Irish correct?  That should be fun”

“« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2019, 06:44:58 pm »
ReplyQuote
Reckonin and wreckoning on this one.  Sometimes thik that there might be answer but not seriously.”

“The new pecking order should be

1.  Starkle
2.  Jones
3.  KJ, and maybe forget the redshirt and move KJ up the ladder. ”

“Quote from: LAHogfan123 on Today at 01:04:37 pm
Welcome to Hogville.   I don't agree with anyone who thinks our football coach needs to be fired now or at the end of the season, that's just people's medication talking is all.  Even though I'll probably die of old age before we win again like during the days of Petrino, I hope Morris can lead us to one SEC win before he leaves.

why not wait until the end of the season to make that determination”

do you think coach can figure it out during this season? I think he may need more time to find who should be the starter, so he is experimenting now, and giving them even time to have first team reps.“

70 percent?

Yeah no.

I think just accept other people have opinions. I can pull more randomly if you want.

Swestwill66

Before the season , I believe most people believed there was a " realistic " chance to win 4-6 games this year. I don't think anyone pictured how ugly it might look getting to 4 wins. Portland state for example. I think most expected a blow out. Didn't happen. Thought we might beat Ole Miss. Close for a sec win, didn't happen.
  Before the season, most expected to see improvements in the coaching staff, I'd have to say it hasn't happened, on the offensive side anyhow.
  A win Saturday and I think most will be talking about how much better they look and there might be a light at the end of the tunnel.

I think we would like to see them put up a fight against our sec opponents and not get hammered by all of them.
  The last two and half to three years has been practically unbearable to watch, but no hog fan will ever cheer against the hogs !
There is a lot of frustration so there will be venting.
  The old saying, winning cures everything. we need a win !

thebignasty

Well lets make this sort of scientific... Ill pull some random posts here from random.org
1-40 is the seed. I like math I can do this all day.

“« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2019, 01:07:30 pm »
ReplyQuote
2020 we play the Irish correct?  That should be fun”

“« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2019, 06:44:58 pm »
ReplyQuote
Reckonin and wreckoning on this one.  Sometimes thik that there might be answer but not seriously.”

“The new pecking order should be

1.  Starkle
2.  Jones
3.  KJ, and maybe forget the redshirt and move KJ up the ladder. ”

“Quote from: LAHogfan123 on Today at 01:04:37 pm
Welcome to Hogville.   I don't agree with anyone who thinks our football coach needs to be fired now or at the end of the season, that's just people's medication talking is all.  Even though I'll probably die of old age before we win again like during the days of Petrino, I hope Morris can lead us to one SEC win before he leaves.

why not wait until the end of the season to make that determination”

do you think coach can figure it out during this season? I think he may need more time to find who should be the starter, so he is experimenting now, and giving them even time to have first team reps.“

70 percent?

Yeah no.

I think just accept other people have opinions. I can pull more randomly if you want.

Absolutely love that 1 in 3 randomly selected posts include a Starkel misspelling.

That's the Hogville I know.

Agree almost totally.
The almost is in the %.
I can't say for certain but many here hate Morris.They hated the hire. They wanted Leach
Norvell, Kiffen and now they want that scumbag Petrino.

They won't come out and say it openly for the most part but they take every opportunity
to trash CCM. 
They trash him because he is not their guy and he hasn't produced a miracle.

They never have a positive thing to say.
Every coach who has ever spoken on the subject has said the only way out is to recruit.
That is a long term process. You don't put freshmen in the SEC and expect great results.
You can sprinkle a few here and there  with lots of experience around them . But that's it.

It's a mob mentality. There is zero rationality in a mob. It adopts the emotional
maturity of a cranky three year old.

An attempt at a rational discussion of the situation gets marginalized by claiming it is just excuses.
You can't have a rational discussion with a three year old.

So I can't say anything about the % and if they openly say they want him to fail,
however they definitely want him gone and will do whatever it takes to see that happen.
They will damage the program to satisfy their selfish immature delusions
I don't go anywhere near twitter but from what I hear it is much worse than here.

Recruits and their parents read and hear this stuff. Other coaches will make sure they do.
It will be a self fulfilling prophecy if they succeed.
I pray they don't but you can't control or reason with a mob

thebignasty

Agree almost totally.
The almost is in the %.
I can't say for certain but many here hate Morris.They hated the hire. They wanted Leach

They won't come out and say it openly for the most part but they take every opportunity
to trash CCM. 

Every coach who has ever spoken on the subject has said the only way out is to recruit.
That is a long term process. You don't put freshmen in the SEC and expect great results.
You can sprinkle a few here and there  with lots of experience around them . But that's it.

It's a mob mentality. There is zero rationality in a mob. It adopts the emotional

An attempt at a rational discussion of the situation gets marginalized by claiming it is just excuses.

So I can't say anything about the % and if they openly say they want him to fail,
however they definitely want him gone and will do whatever it takes to see that happen.
I don't go anywhere near twitter but from what I hear it is much worse than here.

Recruits and their parents read and hear this stuff. Other coaches will make sure they do.
This is a weird ass poem.

Oda Hamunaga

Agree almost totally.
The almost is in the %.

to trash CCM. 

Insecurity can be a disease.

Just accept other people have opinions other than yourself. It’s not a bad thing.

I would be willing to beT you in the 1000 people that post here a day less than 5 ACTUALLY want the hogs to lose Saturday.

That’s just my opinion. We really are not going to bet.

BeaverHog

Nm..

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

• Hogvillian
  • Your site for Razorback news.

This is about the most ignorant post I have ever read. Yea, 7 out of 10 fans want the hogs to lose and Morris to fail. Yay, I love losing. Winning really sucks. Do you hear yourself?

Roadhog82

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net

Agree almost totally.
The almost is in the %.

to trash CCM. 

100% correct

Arkansas Hog in Dallas

I absolutely don’t think that’s true. If we go like 8-2 the rest of the way, basically everyone would shut up and would be hardcore Morris supporters. I think a lot of our issues stem from the fact we see the defense playing at a significantly higher level than the offense, so we don’t think it’s just recruiting. I mean, honest to goodness, it seems like many Morris supporters don’t expect a bowl until year 4 if then. I could be totally wrong, but if we go 4-8 this year and 5-7 in year 3 with 2-6 in conference and a loss to Notrw Dame, y’all would be totally fine keeping him for year 4 with only hoping for 6-6 at most.

Swestwill66

Wouldn't there be threads saying " Let's hire Willie Taggart away from F.S.U. ". Or the guy at Tennessee.

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

• Hogvillian
  • Your site for Razorback news.

Agree almost totally.
The almost is in the %.

to trash CCM. 

I’ll openly admit it. I’d rather have leach, norvell, kiffin or Petrino. I was not and am not a fan of the Morris hire.
IMO you need Years perhaps to rack up players and wins. But I’m a firm believer that you can tell if a guy is a real winner and going to work out pretty quick. Like one max two years quick. They either have it or they don’t and it shows. Frank believed that as well.
But back on topic. To say I want the hogs to lose or Morris to fail is just plain stupid. We all want to win and win big. I just don’t think he’s the guy. I may be wrong and that’s ok.

Locutus_of_Boar

It has nothing to do with what fans want. 

It has everything to do with the past as prologue.

If you look back at the last century of Arkansas football coaches some this become obvious:

7% of all Arkansas coaches coach for a long career and retire as a program legend.

7% of all Arkansas coaches leave for a non-football related reason.

33% of all coaches leave for another coaching job of their own free choice.  With one exception all those coaches left before the JFB era.

The remaining 53% are fired, bought out, had their golden handcuffs sawed off or otherwise leave under duress.

The average coaching tenure at Arkansas is 3.9 years.  Since joining the SEC the average is a more tollerant 4.6 years.

Only 9 of 32 coaches made it to their fifth year.   Only three made it to their tenth year.

Assuming for arguments sake Chad Morris was exactly average for an Arkansas coach he will most likely be fired sometime before the end of his fourth year.

That's not an emotional argument for or against CCM, just an acknowledgement of the realities of the job.  Assuming a coach who has yet to win his first power 5 game after 4+ years will finish average might be considered optimistic at best.

sowmonella

• You know I'm right.

A more accurate estimate of the percentage would be around 5-7%. These same 5 to 7% are the ones who seem to have all day access to post their opposition on every other thread.  One person has posted 120 times in the past 3 days and that might make it seems like 70%. They know who they are.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 10:00:26 pm by sowmonella »

BeaverHog

Agree almost totally.
The almost is in the %.

to trash CCM. 

This is untrue. Most are upset about lack of progress and lack of qb development and selection last year and this year. People coming up with this stuff about rooting against the team that the op stated are fixated on message board extremists and believing that this is actually true. True delusion

Roadhog82

• Senior

I absolutely don’t think that’s true. If we go like 8-2 the rest of the way, basically everyone would shut up and would be hardcore Morris supporters. I think a lot of our issues stem from the fact we see the defense playing at a significantly higher level than the offense, so we don’t think it’s just recruiting. I mean, honest to goodness, it seems like many Morris supporters don’t expect a bowl until year 4 if then. I could be totally wrong, but if we go 4-8 this year and 5-7 in year 3 with 2-6 in conference and a loss to Notrw Dame, y’all would be totally fine keeping him for year 4 with only hoping for 6-6 at most.

I'm a Morris supporter because he's our coach. I think any coach inheriting a dumpster fire should at least have the opportunity to recruit his way out of it. If we are 6-6 in year four, Fire him. I could even entertain the thought after 3 years. But not 14 games in

HogPharmer

Pointing out the obvious mistakes and failures of the coaching staff is not the same as wanting said coaching staff to fail.

I prefer to think of it as fans holding this coaching staff accountable to ensure they do their job. When the coaching staff fails to do their job, fans respond by not showing up for games.

Bacons Rebellion

• Pig puns are so boaring.

What's more likely is that once we start winning some games, the 70% you're talking about take credit for the wins, thinking they have helped  "hold Morris accountable" and helped him realize he better start working harder and win.

HogPharmer

What's more likely is that once we start winning some games, the 70% you're talking about take credit for the wins, thinking they have helped  "hold Morris accountable" and helped him realize he better start working harder and win.

Haha your post couldn’t have been placed any more perfectly than 4 seconds right after mine. Touché.

thebignasty

Pointing out the obvious mistakes and failures of the coaching staff is not the same as wanting said coaching staff to fail.

I prefer to think of it as fans holding this coaching staff accountable to ensure they do their job. When the coaching staff fails to do their job, fans respond by not showing up for games.
Its not like you can hold folks accountable by posting on message boards.  Its just losers like me burning some time talking about the team 30% of us want to see win.

HogPharmer

Its not like you can hold folks accountable by posting on message boards.  Its just losers like me burning some time talking about the team 30% of us want to see win.

This too.

BeaverHog

Jeez..you think criticism of the program means we are rooting against it? I feel like we learned about this sort of comparison in grade school. I guess we are in extreme times though, either you support everything or you’re something else right?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas