• 10,413,969 Posts
• 411,567 Topics
• 23,511 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FWIW.....  (Read 209 times)

GolfNut57

FWIW.....
« on: August 30, 2019, 06:45:49 pm »

Apparently DirecTV has settled their tantrum with Nexstar because Ch's 4 and 42 are back up and running with DirecTV in the Little Rock Metro area. Of course it is too late to be able to watch a couple of meaningful golf broadcasts but I suppose there will still be a tourney here and there that can now be viewed on NBCs Channel 4 on the weekends.

Boarcephus

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Houston, hell no we ain't forgettin!!
Re: FWIW.....
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 07:46:34 pm »

Apparently DirecTV has settled their tantrum with Nexstar because Ch's 4 and 42 are back up and running with DirecTV in the Little Rock Metro area. Of course it is too late to be able to watch a couple of meaningful golf broadcasts but I suppose there will still be a tourney here and there that can now be viewed on NBCs Channel 4 on the weekends.

That whole deal just pissed me off.  Missed the British Open, the Fed Ex plus a couple the semi's leading up to the Fed Ex.  You can't call in to complain because you can't get through to a body.  My contract is up in Oct and I'm changing.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

GolfNut57

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 08:39:44 pm »

That whole deal just pissed me off.  Missed the British Open, the Fed Ex plus a couple the semi's leading up to the Fed Ex.  You can't call in to complain because you can't get through to a body.  My contract is up in Oct and I'm changing.

Yeah I was pretty upset too. And if I called to bitch I was told to call AT&T because according to the people at DirecTV it was AT&T that was the issue. And if you called AT&T to complain they would tell you to call DirecTV because it was them that was the problem. IOWs.....each side blaming the other.

I would seriously consider changing TV service providers myself but I know firsthand that Comcast service absolutely sucks whenever there is rain anywhere in the area and from what I have heard from others who are Dish customers, Dish isn't really any better as they also have their issues and don't seem to be all that responsive to customer complaints.

In short........no matter who you pick it is a roll of the dice and you will likely end up screwed either way.....

Boarcephus

• Houston, hell no we ain't forgettin!!
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 08:54:52 pm »

Yeah I was pretty upset too. And if I called to bitch I was told to call AT&T because according to the people at DirecTV it was AT&T that was the issue. And if you called AT&T to complain they would tell you to call DirecTV because it was them that was the problem. IOWs.....each side blaming the other.

I would seriously consider changing TV service providers myself but I know firsthand that Comcast service absolutely sucks whenever there is rain anywhere in the area and from what I have heard from others who are Dish customers, Dish isn't really any better as they also have their issues and don't seem to be all that responsive to customer complaints.

In short........no matter who you pick it is a roll of the dice and you will likely end up screwed either way.....

All I know is Cox was televising the tournaments while ATT&T was not and I know this because I called Cox. 

GolfNut57

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2019, 12:42:01 am »

as far as I know we don't have Cox here in central AR

HognitiveDissonance

• Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2019, 10:01:10 pm »

Nice to see it resolved.

I didn't miss anything, all the golf is replayed on Golf Channel at night so it could be watched or recorded then, which I did.
I watch most things on DVR anyway and FF thru the commercials.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas