• 10,546,572 Posts
• 415,604 Topics
• 23,821 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2019/20 Game Thread TEAM for MMQB - This thread is NOT a GAME THREAD  (Read 16145 times)

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S

Game Thread Team for MMQB 2019/20

It's that time of the year.
We are looking for members that would like to be part of the Football Game Thread Team for PXP and more.

If you are interested in being a part of the team, please send me, Razorback#1 or JHicks3636 a PM. It doesn't matter if you have ever done play-by-play before. You can do as much or as little as you want. We need members for back-up, ready to jump in for just a few plays or for a full game. If graphics is your thing, we want to talk to you so send me a PM.

Also, if there is someone that you would like to recommend for PBP, please let us know.   

Here is the 2019/20 Game Thread Team as of 8/14:
A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S 
Razorbacks#1
JHicks3636
HogFansReunited
jbcarol
Wisco Pig
EconHawg
UnknownNobody
Wild Boarnado
hogdollar
Bacons Rebellion
Pig Trail Nation

Please note that not all of the members listed above will be available for all games and we do NOT have all of the games covered, so we really need some people to step up and help out.

GHG!

Schedule for PBP: (subject to change)

WEEK#     (All Times are Central Time)                             |  We like to have 3 for PBP, but at least 2 for each game.
#1 -  8/31, 3:00 p.m. - SECN - Portland State - Fay.         |  JHicks3636 and Bacons Rebellion 
#2 -  9/7 ,  6:30 p.m. - SECN - @ Ole Miss - Oxford, Miss. | JHick3636 and  hogdollar  and ?
#3 -  9/14, 3:00 p.m. - SECN - Colorado State - Fay.        |  Bacons Rebellion and (JHicks3636-2nd half?)
#4 -  9/21, 6:30p.m. -  SECN - San Jose State - Fay.        |  hogdollar, Bacons Rebellion, JHicks3636, UnknownNobody
#5 -  9/28, 11:00am -  ESPN  -Texas A&M - Arlington, Tx  |  JHicks3636  and  (hogdollar=maybe)
#6 - 10/5 , BYE WEEK
#7 - 10/12, 6:30pm -   SECN - @ Kentucky - Lexington    |  Bacons Rebellion
#8 - 10/19, 11:00am - SECN - Auburn - Fay.                   |  JHicks3636 and Bacons Rebellion
#9 - 10/26, 6:00pm -  ESPN  -@ Alabama-Tuscaloosa, Al. |  JHicks3636 and (hogdollar=maybe)
#10 -11/2 , 3:00pm -  SECN  - Mississippi State - Fay.      |  Bacons Rebellion and JHicks3636
#11- 11/9 , 11:00am -SECN   - Western Kentucky - Fay.  |  Bacons Rebellion  and JHicks3636  and ?
#12 -11/16,  BYE WEEK
#13- 11/23, TBA                    - @ LSU - Baton Rouge, La. |  ?  and ?  and ?
#14- Fri. 11/29 - 1:30 p.m. - CBS - Missouri - Little Rock,  | ?  and ?  and ?
BOWL - ?               

« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 10:05:01 pm by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S »

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S
Re: GAME THREAD TEAM for MMQB 2019/20
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 10:09:40 pm »

And of course The Pig Trail Nation will be involved.  :)

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Cotton

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Formerly of ESPN 8 "The Ocho"
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 08:51:49 am »

Just don't burn out our awesome EI guys  ;)

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 10:35:53 am »

Just don't burn out our awesome EI guys  ;)

Trying not to, but we really need some others to step up and help out with the PXP in here!

I know there are many members that can do a great job with football. Speak up or send a PM if you have questions about doing PXP narration. Most of the EI guys that are listed are only good for one game or as backup so we need more people.

We would like to have 2 or 3 PXP narrators each game like we did last year. As it stands right now, we won't be able to do that.

SugarHillGaHog

• Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 10:29:19 pm »

Game Thread Team for MMQB 2019/20

It's that time of the year.
We are looking for members that would like to be part of the Football Game Thread Team for PXP and more.

If you are interested in being a part of the team, please send me, Razorback#1 or JHicks3636 a PM. It doesn't matter if you have ever done play-by-play before. You can do as much or as little as you want. We need members for back-up, ready to jump in for just a few plays or for a full game. If graphics is your thing, we want to talk to you so send me a PM.

Also, if there is someone that you would like to recommend for PBP, please let us know.   

Here is the 2019/20 Game Thread Team as of 8/14:
A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S 
Razorbacks#1
JHicks3636
HogFansReunited
jbcarol
Wisco Pig
EconHawg
Pig Trail Nation

Please note that not all of the members listed above will be available for all games and we do NOT have all of the games covered, so we really need some people to step up and help out.

GHG!

That's a solid line up there.  I'll say in advance of the season I appreciate the time they put in.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2019, 01:47:10 am »

That's a solid line up there.  I'll say in advance of the season I appreciate the time they put in.
Yes, but like I say, all but just a couple are going to be able to put in much time this season. We need some members that want to be a part of the team and can do PXP. We need lots of help with PXP!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2019, 06:16:12 am »

We have a new Game Thread Team Member that we are very excited about.

Welcome "UnknownNobody" !

« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 09:38:50 am by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S »

JHicks3636

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Razorback forever
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2019, 07:22:49 am »

Please consider joining the other football pbp guys and me by volunteering to do some pbp. You can find your own pbp style and there is no judgment on what you do. Just report each play as best as possible and watch the comments pour in about the plays. I intend to help as much as possible but even I have some limited life outside Hogville. I'll be out of the country from Oct 2-16 so I'll miss a game during that time. We don't play the week of Oct. 5th so I guess they knew I'd be gone and set up the bye. Just contact any of the present pbp team if you want to join up.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 07:40:20 am by JHicks3636 »

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2019, 09:22:15 am »

I have added the schedule to the OP for the PXP narrators. You can see how many openings we have. Let me know which games you want to help with.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2019, 09:37:56 am »

We have added another member to the Game Thread Team!

WELCOME "Wild Boarnado"!

That is the 2nd addition today, but we still need more help.

Seriously guys, come on and be a part of the team. I know there are people out there that have thought about doing it and now is the time to give it a go. GHG!

Boarmonger

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2019, 10:05:00 am »

So how does the PxP work if you have multiple people?  Do you split it up by Qarter, or Half?  Does one guy provide down and distance while another comments on the play itself?  How will you set it up?

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2019, 11:47:25 am »

So how does the PxP work if you have multiple people?  Do you split it up by Qarter, or Half?  Does one guy provide down and distance while another comments on the play itself?  How will you set it up?
All of above can be done. It depends on what the crew wants to do. Some guys like doing only one half game and some like doing the whole game. Depending on if we have two or three guys doing PXP, one will do pre-snap down and distance, PXP, post play, color analysis, stats, etc. Each PXP guy uses different colors of font from the rest of the posters so as to distinguish themselves from everybody else making it easier to find them when scrolling.

There is no correct way or wrong way to do it. Everybody has their own style. As long as we can get as much information out there as possible, we are happy.

Thanks for asking.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2019, 12:01:24 pm »

We have added another familiar name to the PXP Team!

WELCOME hogdollar! Great to have you on board.

HogFansReunited

• AKA HogFansReunited
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • USN AW2
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2019, 12:05:36 pm »

Last season I was involved with a lot of the game threads. Most games we would have one person doing presnap formation with down and distance and another person describing live action. We would usually switch at the half.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2019, 03:51:55 pm »

Last season I was involved with a lot of the game threads. Most games we would have one person doing presnap formation with down and distance and another person describing live action. We would usually switch at the half.

And you did a GREAT job last year, as did everyone that was involved with PXP. The format you are talking about above worked very well.

Too bad you will not be as involved as much this season. You will be missed.

There are several members of last years PXP team that will not be as involved even though they are still listed above as being on the team and they will be missed also. This is why we are pushing so hard for new members to join the team. We have added some new talent that we are excited about, but we still need some more help.

JHicks3636 plans to lead a practice game thread or two before our season starts, so now is the time to join the team. If you feel that you can do the job and you are the slightest bit interested, we want to hear from you.

We are hoping to announce another new team member very soon that we are excited about, but we need to hear back from B.R.

GO HOGS!   

JHicks3636

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Razorback forever
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2019, 04:28:54 pm »

I've done so much basketball and baseball pbp that it is second nature now but I still feel like a rookie doing football. It is harder and thus the need for multiple people in a game. I'm going to set up three practice games. Feel free to let me know the ones you are available for. I'll be in all three because 1) I can use the practice and 2) I can use the practice. I expect we will alternate jobs during the practice games as well as the regular games. I am adequate at pbp but I suck at pre-play stuff. It's difficult to see the formations even on television and the game just goes so fast once teams get to the line. We will all do the best we can.

The practice games will be:
1. Saturday August 24 @  9:30 pm. Arizona @ Hawaii.
Yes the only other opening game which is Miami @ Florida @ 6:00 would be better but I have a dinner outing that night I can't miss. If someone else wants to lead that game I'll change to that one. I'll probably be home about halftime.

2. Thursday August 29 @ 7:30. Texas State @ Texas A&M.
This one will be on SEC Network and will be good practice since it is on the SEC Network and our first three games on it as well.

3. Friday August 30 @ 6 pm. Wisconsin @ South Florida.

Let me know which games you would like to participate in. I'll assign tasks and we will alternate at least each half(more often if we have enough that want to do a game). Don't get frustrated or stressed after a game. It takes a while to get a rhythm. No one will judge. Most important is develop a style that works for you that simply provides the needed info to the thread followers. Either post in here or send me a PM as to what game(s) you'd like to work.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 11:07:57 pm by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S »

Großer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm very disappointed...unacceptable- Chadwick
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2019, 04:32:27 pm »

I would try it again, but unfortunately the game coverage in Morocco, rural Romania, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Latvia and South Africa isn’t too good. Kinda lags. Game will be over before I start seeing the 1st quarter.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2019, 04:41:26 pm »

We have added another new member to the Game Thread Team. He is no stranger to doing PXP as he has done some for us in the past.

WELCOME "Bacons Rebellion"!

GHG!

We are not done yet. We still need more PXP help! Get your name in now and you will be paid double what JHicks3636 makes.

247Hog

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2019, 07:59:37 pm »

I would love to but have never done it. I’ll try to watch these guys and learn so I can help next season.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2019, 10:31:21 am »

I would love to but have never done it. I’ll try to watch these guys and learn so I can help next season.

The best way to learn is to just jump in and start doing it. You could look back at some of last years football game threads and get involved in the practice threads this season and you should be ready to do pbp this season.

hogdollar

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2019, 11:33:43 am »

I think we need one more person to help out with tonight's practice game so why dont you jump in and try it out.

snoblind

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2019, 02:06:14 pm »

OTR handling the halftime snack updates?

Bacons Rebellion

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Pig puns are so boaring.
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2019, 05:26:22 pm »

I can go tonight during Arizona / Hawaii.  Little bit of carpal tunnel but I can play-by-play through it.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2019, 01:20:22 pm »

Great job by JHicks3636, hogdollar and Bacons Rebellion in practice thread #1 ,  Arizona / Hawaii.

Next practice game threads are:
2. Thursday August 29 @ 7:30. Texas State @ Texas A&M.
This one will be on SEC Network and will be good practice since it is on the SEC Network and our first three games on it as well.

3. Friday August 30 @ 6 pm. Wisconsin @ South Florida.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2019, 01:44:16 pm »

We have added hogdollar to Weeks # 2, #3, #4 and possibly #5 for PBP. Thanks hogdollar!

The schedule for PBP is listed in the top post of the this thread. Team members please reserve your spots now. You can always change them later and you can also be listed/added as a alternate now. Remember that you can also do 1/2 or 1/4 of a game, but we need to get you on the schedule as early as possible. 

We still need at least 1 for PBP for Game #1 against Portland State this Saturday the 31st at 3:00PM.

Please check your Private Messages on a regular basis.

Thanks!

« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 04:45:46 pm by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S »

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2019, 11:19:44 pm »

Added Bacons Rebellion to Game #1 against Portland State for PBP! Thanks Bacon!

Still can use one more PBPer for Game #1. Can be for the full game or backup or partial game.

reddogjcss

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2019, 07:52:51 am »

Working today so please keep the post going. Thank you

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2019, 08:18:42 am »

Working today so please keep the post going. Thank you

JHicks3636 and Bacons Rebellion will be doing play-by-play today. No need to worry, should be a great game thread.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2019, 12:19:26 pm »

Made some changes to Weeks #3 and #4 schedule for PXP.

JHicks3636

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Razorback forever
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2019, 07:28:10 am »

I need to get confirmation for those who plan to help with Game 2 pbp against Ole Miss. If you want to help just leave a post here or PM me. I'll try to make a job assignment list prior to the game.  If you have a preference for what you want to do include that in your post or PM. Thanks

hogdollar

« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2019, 07:44:35 am »

I need to get confirmation for those who plan to help with Game 2 pbp against Ole Miss. If you want to help just leave a post here or PM me. I'll try to make a job assignment list prior to the game.  If you have a preference for what you want to do include that in your post or PM. Thanks
Count me in.

JHicks3636

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Razorback forever
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2019, 11:14:28 am »

JHicks3636

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Razorback forever
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2019, 08:04:49 am »

I just spent a while deleting posts in this thread that belonged in the Game Thread. This thread is for pbp team business, not game discussion. During the game, or before if it relates to the upcoming game, post in another thread below. I knw there was just confusion about this but hopefully it won't happen in the future.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S
Re: 2019/20 Game Thread TEAM for MMQB - This thread is NOT a GAME THREAD
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2019, 08:42:29 pm »

Added JHicks3636 to week #4.

#4 -  9/21, 6:30pm - SECN   - San Jose State - Fay. |  hogdollar and Bacons Rebellion and JHicks3636
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 08:56:01 pm by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S »

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S
Re: 2019/20 Game Thread TEAM for MMQB - This thread is NOT a GAME THREAD
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2019, 11:57:27 am »

Added Bacons Rebellion for PBP for Kentucky. Anybody else?

#7 - 10/12, 6:30pm -   SECN - @ Kentucky - Lexington    |  Bacons Rebellion 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas