• 10,565,998 Posts
• 416,003 Topics
• 23,898 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Impressed  (Read 4090 times)

#1 STUNNA

Impressed
« on: August 07, 2019, 03:16:30 pm »

Its impressive how all these older kids have taken to the freshman class... seems like they are all positive when asked questions about them. I know its gotta get old being asked about them everyday.... looks like everyone is finally buying in!!! I think they know they need these freshman to perform at a high level to succeed this season!!

YellCountyHog21

Re: Impressed
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 03:27:14 pm »

I can see a change in the culture.  Last year it was all coming from Morris, but now it's starting to come from the players.  Seems that this team is a lot closer than last year.  Morris has said Year 1, they introduce the culture. Year 2 they start living it. Year 3 it's natural.  I like where we're at

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

010HogFan

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • "Wait Till Next Year!"
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 03:28:30 pm »

Last year was an absolute mess all the way around. I am starting to see some signs that we may be climbing out of it. If we start winning, this thing could snowball in the right direction

Arkansas Fan

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 04:43:53 pm »

We're gonna win some games, guys. The fact that guys are buying in will make a huge difference.

Hog_Swanson

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2019, 04:51:02 pm »

We're gonna win some games, guys. The fact that guys are buying in will make a huge difference.
We would have been 6-6 last you if they would have bought in.

RedSkiesAtNightHog

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2019, 04:52:50 pm »

If Arkansas beats Ole Miss in week 2, this team is 4-0 rolling into Jerry World with confidence that they can beat Texas A&M!

We need every fan who can make it to Oxford, Mississippi!  That is the most winnable road game of the year, especially if Ole Miss is coming off of a loss to Memphis in week 1.

Pudgepork

• Horse Racings most unlikely champ
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2019, 04:54:03 pm »

The 1st SEC win means so much for this staff and this team.  I'm wondering, with ole miss being the 1st opportunity, will that game turn ole miss into more of a rivalry? 

1highhog

• Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat.
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2019, 05:05:51 pm »

Ole Miss is already a rivalry with the fans, I would love to see it be with the players, or I should say our players.  Those corksoakers played so dirty last year that it's like a hated rivalry to them.

Paul

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2019, 05:48:52 pm »

If Arkansas beats Ole Miss in week 2, this team is 4-0 rolling into Jerry World with confidence that they can beat Texas A&M!

We need every fan who can make it to Oxford, Mississippi!  That is the most winnable road game of the year, especially if Ole Miss is coming off of a loss to Memphis in week 1.
I'll be there in the same seat in the OM section where I witnessed the Henry Heave

AugustaHog

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2019, 09:36:16 pm »

Its impressive how all these older kids have taken to the freshman class... seems like they are all positive when asked questions about them. I know its gotta get old being asked about them everyday.... looks like everyone is finally buying in!!! I think they know they need these freshman to perform at a high level to succeed this season!!
I noticed the same thing.  None of these older guys seem annoyed by all the interest in the new guys.  Most, like Foucha today, seem really pumped at their progress.  I think this is a positive indicator about the status of the locker room.  Before the bullets start flying, the players seem to buy into this whole thing. 

JIHawg

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2019, 10:19:43 pm »

If Morris can get this chemistry turned around from last year, we be sailing.

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2019, 12:06:05 pm »

It's a TEAM

OkieBack

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2019, 12:34:41 pm »

The team will see some light at the beginning of this season.  Mid-season will be tough, but if we are still competitive even losing close ones to the likes of an Auburn or Bama then we will get our second wind the last quarter of the season. 

But yes, mentality will be half the hump this year.  If we maintain a good attitude and go out and leave it all on the field then that will be a huge improvement over 2018.  Actually having experienced QB's and some skill players that can make plays...should make for a fun season.  Would love to see our Defense sitting on the bench some this year enjoying a good lead.

hoghearted

• 2007 and 2009 Rolex DP Champions. Are you driven?
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2019, 03:56:13 pm »

Some of the quotes I've heard from the young guys, about supporting each other, a team/brotherhood approach, 'get back up if you make a mistake', may help with the second half meltdowns we have seen in the past. The mental aspect the last two years was what drove me crazy. Have momentum, a lead, and then collapse at the first sign of adversity.

Porkys Revenge

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2019, 05:08:01 pm »

These guys love each other and it shows. They’re very tight and many were teammates. From Burks and Miller. To Enoch, TC and Catalon. To the south La guys. Bush, Brooks and Scoota are all tight. It’s like a family now. And nobody goes to war like someone protecting their fam.

A funny saying that pops on my head about family and how they all have each other’s back is - he might be a SOB, but he’s MY SOB.

nchogg

• Senior
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2019, 05:19:47 pm »

So far it seems the players are holding each other accountable. I like it. I look forward to a much better season this year and the years to come.

Porkys Revenge

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2019, 09:35:20 pm »

These guys love each other and it shows. They’re very tight and many were teammates. From Burks and Miller. To Enoch, TC and Catalon. To the south La guys. Bush, Brooks and Scoota are all tight. It’s like a family now. And nobody goes to war like someone protecting their fam.

A funny saying that pops on my head about family and how they all have each other’s back is - he might be a SOB, but he’s MY SOB.
this is what I was taking about. fighting like brothers.

https://twitter.com/themikewoods/status/1159612374078361600?s=21

Hogmatic

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2019, 08:47:31 am »

I agree completely.

Hogmatic

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2019, 08:52:29 am »

I can see a change in the culture.  Last year it was all coming from Morris, but now it's starting to come from the players.  Seems that this team is a lot closer than last year.  Morris has said Year 1, they introduce the culture. Year 2 they start living it. Year 3 it's natural.  I like where we're at

I am glad to see the evidence of the Chemistry improvement from last year.  I am also saddened by the fact that Virus players hurt this program so much.  I have been a consistent voice about the Virus player troubles we had at WR and how the Oline didn't buy in.   The addition by subtraction was very productive and the remaining players have done a FAR better job of welcoming the improved talent than even I expected. 

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2019, 11:19:11 am »

Ole Miss is already a rivalry with the fans, I would love to see it be with the players, or I should say our players.  Those corksoakers played so dirty last year that it's like a hated rivalry to them.
For some fans it is but not a consensus. I think it might be related to the Nutty deal and some in state players going there. We will never be a big rival for them though. I live around them. They consider MSU and LSU their biggest rivals.

TheRazorback500

• It's better to burn out than fade away.
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2019, 11:40:41 am »

Also the Arkansas guys like the OLs Capps, Adcock, to Clary and Gatlin, Jackson, Vest, etc. Also at LB with Morgan and Henry. This family atmosphere and the fact that all the players seem to be buying in should allow for more cohesive units on both sides of the ball.

PorkBilly

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2019, 03:39:45 pm »

try
For some fans it is but not a consensus. I think it might be related to the Nutty deal and some in state players going there. We will never be a big rival for them though. I live around them. They consider MSU and LSU their biggest rivals.
Oh my friend, they do not like the "piggies". The piggies are the team that cost them a trip to Atlanta (their best chance) with a 4th and 25 fluke play. They were/are still in disbelief. They also recall the 7 OT loss with composed rage. MSU and LSU have been there longer, but we have been a much larger thorn in recent years. As usual, they just "want" to be relevant by hating LSU. They aren't.

hobhog

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2019, 03:50:01 pm »

So far saying all the right things. Let's see where they go when a little adversity hits. Didn't handle it well last year but CCM does seem to have them believing.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2019, 03:59:00 pm »

tryOh my friend, they do not like the "piggies". The piggies are the team that cost them a trip to Atlanta (their best chance) with a 4th and 25 fluke play. They were/are still in disbelief. They also recall the 7 OT loss with composed rage. MSU and LSU have been there longer, but we have been a much larger thorn in recent years. As usual, they just "want" to be relevant by hating LSU. They aren't.
I live in Memphis. It has more Old Misses fans and alums than anywhere outside of Mississippi. I have to hear them and see their rebel crap all the time. I've had employees work for me that roots for them. It's only a little over an hour to Oxfart. My wife has a niece that is a Professor there. They hate MSU and LSU. They don't like Arkansas but they don't hate them with the same rage as the other two and don't consider it a rivalry like those other two.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 04:11:31 pm by Inhogswetrust »

hobhog

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2019, 04:05:27 pm »

I live in Memphis. It has more Old Misses fans and alums than anywhere outside of Mississippi. I have to hear them and see their rebel crap all the time. I've had employees work for me that roots for them. It's only a little over an hour to Oxfart. My wife has a nieces that is a Professor there. They hate MSU and LSU. They don't like Arkansas but they don't hate them with the same rage as the other two and don't consider it a rivalry like those other two.

Can't figure out if want OM to beat Memphis or lose. Trending towards lose.....

ricepig

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2019, 04:07:32 pm »

Lose, they’re like Barner to me, lose every game they play.

LZH

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2019, 04:08:21 pm »

My rule of thumb is every SEC team we play, I want them to win as much as possible.....unless they are playing us that year.  Each win over a Top 20 SEC team is worth bank.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2019, 04:10:09 pm »

Not a fan of either. However when an SEC team is playing out of conference I generally root for the SEC team.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas