General Sports Discussion > NFL Board

Darius Philon arrested

(1/2) > >>

doc53:
According to Profootballnews,police in Phoenix arrested him for pointing a gun at a dancer outside of a strip club.I had forgotten he was signed by Cardinals.

RaisinHog:
why do these guys do such dumb stuff

widespreadsooie:

--- Quote from: RaisinHog on August 09, 2019, 11:01:07 pm ---why do these guys do such dumb stuff

--- End quote ---

An NFL lineman pointing a gun at a woman, supposedly I guess.

It's wild.

UnknownNobody:

He should call Sebastian Tretola and ask him how that sorta behavior works out.

kodiakisland:

--- Quote from: RaisinHog on August 09, 2019, 11:01:07 pm ---why do these guys do such dumb stuff

--- End quote ---

These guys?  Wadya mean by these guys?
Why does anyone point a gun at a stripper?

RaisinHog:
it's like dud your ritch you probably don't need strippers lol

UnknownNobody:

--- Quote from: kodiakisland on August 09, 2019, 11:19:00 pm ---These guys?  Wadya mean by these guys?

--- End quote ---

Cause they is some shady “ladies”

greenEGnHAWGS:

--- Quote from: kodiakisland on August 09, 2019, 11:19:00 pm ---These guys?  Wadya mean by these guys?

--- End quote ---

“These guys” = “Guys who have worked their butts off to make millions of dollars to play 16 games a year”

Why do “these guys” do ANYTHING that would impede that future?

OS2 (SW) Razor Back:

--- Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on August 10, 2019, 12:20:01 am ---“These guys” = “Guys who have worked their butts off to make millions of dollars to play 16 games a year”

Why do “these guys” do ANYTHING that would impede that future?

--- End quote ---

Stupid is as stupid does.

OS2 (SW) Razor Back:

--- Quote from: UnknownNobody on August 10, 2019, 12:20:34 am ---Actually that made me think of something...it may have been a “Lola” sort of situation and Philon wasn’t happy with the extra junk.

--- End quote ---
The green eye of junk envy may have been to much for him to bare.

TebowHater:
He was a current starter for them too. Two year $10,000,000 deal. Just unbelievably stupid. Happened in May, which is weird for it to be breaking now.

Tejano Jawg:

--- Quote from: doc53 on August 09, 2019, 10:59:44 pm ---.....police in Phoenix arrested him for pointing a gun at a dancer outside of a strip club.

--- End quote ---

How many red flags can one sentence have?

pigzwillrise:
Further proof you have to recruit more thugs. Especially on defense.

(notOM)Rebel123:

--- Quote from: UnknownNobody on August 10, 2019, 12:20:34 am ---Actually that made me think of something...it may have been a “Lola” sort of situation and Philon wasn’t happy with the extra junk.

--- End quote ---

“There was this long lovely dancer in a little club downtown
I loved to watch her do her stuff...”Bob Seger

Roadhog82:
Strip clubs are for heathens

TheRazorback500:
Wrong time to be pulling guns in this political climate. Dumb move, Darius.

twistitup:
I bet the stripper was trying to rob him and he was trying to protect his valuables

HawgWild:
Oh, how he must long for the good old days.

ricepig:
https://forums.hogville.net/index.php?topic=687208.0

99toLife:

--- Quote from: twistitup on August 10, 2019, 10:16:43 am ---I bet the stripper was trying to rob him and he was trying to protect his valuables

--- End quote ---

If you take more of anything to a strip club you aren't willing to lose that night, that's your fault.   

BigoBoys:
https://www.tmz.com/2019/08/09/arizona-cardinals-darius-philon-arrested-aggravated-assault-deadly-weapon/
Missed opportunity

ricepig:
https://forums.hogville.net/index.php?topic=687208.msg12209398;boardseen#new

PonderinHog:
Thread in NFL board.

BigoBoys:

--- Quote from: PonderinHog on August 10, 2019, 06:42:00 pm ---Thread in NFL board.

--- End quote ---
So? 

PonderinHog:

--- Quote from: BigoBoys on August 10, 2019, 06:50:16 pm ---So?

--- End quote ---
They started in MMQB.

ricepig:
Cut

https://twitter.com/aldotcomsports/status/1160343510631030784?s=21

ricepig:
Been cut

UnknownNobody:

--- Quote from: ricepig on August 10, 2019, 07:19:53 pm ---Been cut

--- End quote ---

Dang...

KlubhouseKonnected:
Sounds shady. Do pro Hogs get in trouble more than usual or does it just feel that way?

doc53:
Cardinals have announced they have cut him...he keeps the 4 million signing bonus but he loses a 4 year multimillion dollar contract

kodiakisland:

--- End quote ---

So people keep starting a thread here to have it moved.  Just like this one will eventually do.

hoggusamoungus:
Hope he's got someone honest to manage his money. 

Philon's base salary this season was set to be $1 million and fully guaranteed; he also received a $4 million signing bonus.

ricepig:

--- Quote from: hoggusamoungus on August 10, 2019, 08:30:51 pm ---Hope he's got someone honest to manage his money. 

Philon's base salary this season was set to be $1 million and fully guaranteed; he also received a $4 million signing bonus.

--- End quote ---

I hope it all wasn’t in his truck.

snoot hoggy hog:
Either Bielema had these guys on a tight leash or they covered up a bunch of stuff.

Svrdhd:
2 AM with a gun at a strip club is not how most millionaires meet women.

PonderinHog:

--- Quote from: Svrdhd on August 10, 2019, 09:24:29 pm ---2 AM with a gun at a strip club is not how most millionaires meet women.

--- End quote ---
I don't think he was looking for a long-term relationship.

UnknownNobody:

--- Quote from: Svrdhd on August 10, 2019, 09:24:29 pm ---2 AM with a gun at a strip club is not how most millionaires meet women.

--- End quote ---

Plaxico Burress says “Hey!”

PonderinHog:
Will he have to sit out a year or will somebody pick him up?

PonderinHog:

--- Quote from: UnknownNobody on August 10, 2019, 09:28:48 pm ---Plaxico Burress says “Hey!”

--- End quote ---
It's not like he actually shot somebody.

PonderinHog:

--- End quote ---
So there!

UnknownNobody:

--- Quote from: PonderinHog on August 10, 2019, 09:30:28 pm ---It's not like he actually shot somebody.

--- End quote ---

Well, Plexico only shot himself.

hoglady:
Kind of surprised they cut him so soon.
The woman waited a couple of weeks before going to police - so who really knows what and how all that went down.

What probably got him cut - wasn't pulling the gun on the woman, but (if true) showing back up the next night and following her around for 30 minutes. Makes him look like a mental case or something.

(notOM)Rebel123:

--- Quote from: PonderinHog on August 10, 2019, 09:28:52 pm ---Will he have to sit out a year or will somebody pick him up?

--- End quote ---

How big is that portal?

devildog:

--- Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on August 11, 2019, 08:52:00 am ---How big is that portal?

--- End quote ---
Just call up Andy Reid at thug central casting. The Chefs will find a roster spot for you.

twistitup:
He won't be out of work for long

k.c.hawg:

--- Quote from: devildog on August 11, 2019, 10:02:12 am ---Just call up Andy Reid at thug central casting. The Chefs will find a roster spot for you.

--- End quote ---

Chiefs are fine. They have cut good players for non criminally charged behavior that the NFL allowed other teams to pick up. Andy Reid has more class and cares more for his players than most NFL head coaches.

99toLife:

--- Quote from: k.c.hawg on August 11, 2019, 12:02:10 pm ---Chiefs are fine. They have cut good players for non criminally charged behavior that the NFL allowed other teams to pick up. Andy Reid has more class and cares more for his players than most NFL head coaches.

--- End quote ---

True, in fact Andy and Clarke Hunt have cut players that just act like thugs in the past Remember Peters  went to the pro bowl.  then they cut him.   

devildog:

--- Quote from: 99toLife on August 11, 2019, 02:31:28 pm ---True, in fact Andy and Clarke Hunt have cut players that just act like thugs in the past Remember Peters  went to the pro bowl.  then they cut him.   

--- End quote ---
Don't get me wrong, I'm a big Chiefs fan, but take Marcus Peters, Kareem Hunt, Tyreek Hill, Morris Claiborne, etc. these guys are not going to win NFL Man of the Year.

porque:

--- Quote from: PonderinHog on August 10, 2019, 09:25:54 pm ---I don't think he was looking for a long-term relationship.

--- End quote ---

Not so sure. There has been many athletes marry strippers.

99toLife:

--- Quote from: devildog on August 12, 2019, 10:44:50 am --- Don't get me wrong, I'm a big Chiefs fan, but take Marcus Peters, Kareem Hunt, Tyreek Hill, Morris Claiborne, etc. these guys are not going to win NFL Man of the Year.

--- End quote ---

Compare the Chiefs to most teams and get back to us.....

Remember other  teams picked up Peters and Kareem Hunt...in a heart beat after the Chiefs cut them....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View