Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Burks  (Read 12834 times)

#1 STUNNA

Burks
« on: August 07, 2019, 05:50:08 pm »

Kids Gonna be special!!!! On and off the field!!!     https://twitter.com/razorbackfb/status/1159227660171730944?s=21

nwahogfan1

Re: Burks
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 05:55:53 pm »

Kids Gonna be special!!!! On and off the field!!!     https://twitter.com/razorbackfb/status/1159227660171730944?s=21

I agree. Special indeed.  I think his best friend Miller will also be special.  I am sure glad we have them both.  If they get in trouble off the field it will be catching over their limit of fish.  LOL

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

greenie

• Hogvillian
  • Nothin' better than dunking on Texas
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 06:03:08 pm »

This young receiving crew is unreal.

Andrew Hogfan

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 06:04:20 pm »

That was awesome. I'm pumped.

woodrow hog call

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2019, 06:07:19 pm »

Thatís a great little bit of insight right there, what a blessing to read, so proud to have young men like that wearing the uniform. His family should be commended for him to have that mindset, that didnít just happen.

azhog10

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Razorback Basketball on the rise!
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2019, 06:10:29 pm »

Heís a big ol boy.

Roadhog82

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2019, 06:17:01 pm »

We have so many freshman that are going to make an immediate impact on this team. Especially this guy. I can't wait for season to start. 3 weeks!

farmhawg

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2019, 06:47:10 pm »

Special young man.

UnknownNobody

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2019, 06:47:49 pm »

Lucky to have this kid, he will be successful in life beyond football.

BWS

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2019, 06:47:51 pm »

There's a soon to be seventh grader out of Warren that I believe will be the next Treylon Burks.

AugustaHog

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2019, 06:49:45 pm »

So proud of Treylon and all the new guys.  Itís not fashionable to be a Hog right now, but all of them chose to be Hogs for what this whole program can and will be.  For that I will always look at this group differently.  These FR ainít playing around.  Iíd be shocked if Trey and Treylon arenít our two top WRs by the end of the year and good luck keeping Catalon, Bush, and Brooks out of that DB rotation.  Itís pretty obvious the interior DL guys (Marcus, TC, and Enoch) are really showing out too.  Iím ready for TNA to come to life.  I donít really care if the upperclassmen seem to grate at that term.  It may be hard to admit how awful the last two years have been, but itís a reality and something new is not bad.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2019, 06:55:09 pm »

There's a soon to be seventh grader out of Warren that I believe will be the next Treylon Burks.
yep... their are a couple kids with former D1 bloodlines coming through that class... But AJ Jordan is the next Burks in the state of Arkansas.

#hammerdown

• Hogvillian
  • Bring Back the Chrome Dome
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2019, 08:31:21 pm »

Impressive

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2019, 08:40:07 pm »

Another solid catch at the 35 second mark!! https://twitter.com/razorbackfb/status/1159268235977433088?s=21

Paul

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2019, 08:40:37 pm »

Trey & Treylon may be the start of our renaissance as a football program but what this kid wrote gives me hope for the future of our country. 

UnknownNobody

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2019, 08:43:24 pm »

Trey & Treylon may be the start of our renaissance as a football program but what this kid wrote gives me hope for the future of our country.

The young players I have seen interviewed are all well spoken young men. Iíve really enjoyed Joseph Fouchaís interviews, the kid just seems to love life.

flagstaffhog

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2019, 08:45:12 pm »

Go HOGS Go!

UnknownNobody

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2019, 08:45:43 pm »

liljo

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2019, 08:56:57 pm »

Yíall, no reason, just a feeling...I think TJ Hammonds is Ďbout to be special too.  Iíve noticed him in several videos already, and he looks like he is really moving well and having fun doing it.  He is dangerous when he has the ball.

UnknownNobody

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2019, 09:07:09 pm »

Yíall, no reason, just a feeling...I think TJ Hammonds is Ďbout to be special too.  Iíve noticed him in several videos already, and he looks like he is really moving well and having fun doing it.  He is dangerous when he has the ball.

Same here, he is bigger and still the fastest RB we have. The interviews Iíve seen he has his head on straight now. Kid may blow up this season.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2019, 09:07:39 pm »

crazy thing is i believe Treylon grew up with no father. His mom and grand parents raised him. The kid is not your typical high maintenance type... he doesnít care about the media hype or social media BS... i messaged him earlier today and he laughed and said Iím just having fun buddy...Iíll do whatever it takes for the team...lol

hogmolar

• Senior
  • Hard to soar like an eagle when you hang out with
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2019, 09:08:48 pm »

The young players I have seen interviewed are all well spoken young men. Iíve really enjoyed Joseph Fouchaís interviews, the kid just seems to love life.
I noticed he answered every question with "yes sir, yes sir." Grwat interview

UnknownNobody

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2019, 09:10:55 pm »

crazy thing is i believe Treylon grew up with no father. His mom and grand parents raised him. The kid is not your typical high maintenance type... he doesnít care about the media hype or social media BS... i messaged him earlier today and he laughed and said Iím just having fun buddy...Iíll do whatever it takes for the team...lol

Treylon just wants to fish, it seems we have several players with this affliction.

Papawhawg

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2019, 09:18:01 pm »

I haven't been this anxious to see a kid play in a long time.

AugustaHog

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2019, 09:18:07 pm »

Iím ready to see if these pups bite.  Thereís some guys that look the part and have the hype from these last two classes.  Itís time to see what they are made of.  Thereís ample playing time available.  They need to keep pushing as this will only make this team better whether itís them or an older guy starting.

Papawhawg

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2019, 09:18:36 pm »

And who is AJ Jordan?

liljo

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2019, 09:18:46 pm »

I envision Treylon and Trey Knox as being the Razorbackís version of Stallworth and Swan. It is really good seeing the comraderie between those two. I canít wait to see them together on that field! Iím settled with watching these kids grow up, because before theyíre done weíre gonna win a lot of games. 

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2019, 09:35:17 pm »

And who is AJ Jordan?
the future!!!! Burks 2.0

AugustaHog

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2019, 09:42:21 pm »

I envision Treylon and Trey Knox as being the Razorbackís version of Stallworth and Swan. It is really good seeing the comraderie between those two. I canít wait to see them together on that field! Iím settled with watching these kids grow up, because before theyíre done weíre gonna win a lot of games.
I donít recall having two WRs with this much athleticism and physicality at the same time.  Childís had some size and so did Cobi so thatís probably as close as we came.  Those guys were playmakers but neither had the size Trey^2 have as FR.  Itís gonna be fun.

UnknownNobody

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2019, 09:43:50 pm »

I donít recall having two WRs with this much athleticism and physicality at the same time.  Childís had some size and so did Cobi so thatís probably as close as we came.  Those guys were playmakers but neither had the size Trey^2 have as FR.  Itís gonna be fun.

And thatís just two, we have TQ and Shamar Nash too.

AugustaHog

« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2019, 09:45:49 pm »

TQ has gotten some love but Iíve heard little about Shamarís camp.  Anybody heard anything on how heís doing?

PorkSoda

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2019, 09:46:42 pm »

not to mention, next year we bring is Savion Williams 6'5" - 195 lbs

liljo

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2019, 09:50:57 pm »

And thatís just two, we have TQ and Shamar Nash too.
Yes sir, that rotation is gonna be scary for defensive coordinators. Coming sooner than many think,too, it appears. With this offensive philosophy, as soon as KJ gets up to speed, man these guys could put some numbers up never before seen in Hog history.

The potential is there. Man I love these kids!

UnknownNobody

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2019, 09:51:41 pm »

TQ has gotten some love but Iíve heard little about Shamarís camp.  Anybody heard anything on how heís doing?

Nash seemed to do well in the Spring but you are right Ive heard/read no mention of him this Fall.

UnknownNobody

« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2019, 09:54:18 pm »

not to mention, next year we bring is Savion Williams 6'5" - 195 lbs

And sounds like we might just land Darin Turner to go with him.

Hog Fan...DOH!

• Your site for Razorback news.
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2019, 09:56:10 pm »

Late 90s.  Lucas, Boo Williams, Emmanuel Smith, Michael Williams... all those guys in the late 90s looked right. 

But ya--- Coach Stepp is out to get 'em.

WBOBO

« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2019, 10:00:41 pm »

Man that look on Burks....that's intense and determined.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2019, 10:01:31 pm »

childs was a monster size wise out of high school... 6í3 220... just wasnít as skilled out of high school..
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 10:17:40 pm by #1 STUNNA »

nwahogfan1

« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2019, 10:07:32 pm »

Great WR's make an average QB look good.  When a QB throws to a really great WR then he knows he just has to get the ball close the WR will go up and get it.   WOW!  I can't wait. 

I think we have some really, really special WR's with Burks and Knox.   These guys and there may be more will make some great catches that will add to our QB's confidence which will build our Team's confidence which will lead to some really special games and wins.

Go Hogs

widespreadsooie

« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2019, 10:13:45 pm »

Burks is the type of player who can make national headlines with his on field play. He's always come off mature beyond his years and this bit in the OP only reinforces that. Can't wait to see 'em run out. Probably the only recruit I've expected to immediately contribute as a true freshman since D Mac, and I have zero doubt he will. Next big time Hog.

Tejano Jawg

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Welcome Coach Sam Pittman
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2019, 11:20:43 pm »

A Hogwork Orange

« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2019, 09:31:32 am »

Man have we missed that type of WR. It has been a while since a WR in a hog uniform has really wow'ed me. Really want to see that again next year!

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2019, 09:34:22 am »

I believe they are live today... see if some of the d backs wanna tackle these big receivers..lol

YellCountyHog21

« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2019, 09:36:45 am »

I believe they are live today... see if some of the d backs wanna tackle these big receivers..lol

I'll be surprised if someone DOESN'T get Mossed today

Jim Harris

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Bring me some DTs!
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2019, 09:46:06 am »

When I saw him three years ago, I knew he was a must-have then. Glad the Hogs were able to land him. Many of these talents have left for "greener pastures."

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2019, 09:46:57 am »

I think the best part of the article was when Burks  said Special teams is a big thing to me. Just because I play on the offense doesnít mean anything. I play anywhere that Coach puts me. I take everything seriously. Iíll give effort anywhere the put me, it could be D-line or O-line, Iíll still put out the effort.... kid is just an old school type football player... wants to play every snap of every game anywhere you need him!!! I think this class has a lot of guys like that!!

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2019, 10:13:29 am »

I think the best part of the article was when Burks  said Special teams is a big thing to me. Just because I play on the offense doesnít mean anything. I play anywhere that Coach puts me. I take everything seriously. Iíll give effort anywhere the put me, it could be D-line or O-line, Iíll still put out the effort.... kid is just an old school type football player... wants to play every snap of every game anywhere you need him!!! I think this class has a lot of guys like that!!

Be interesting to see if they let him play there this year.  Iíd think his tackling ability and speed/size combo would be an instant upgrade to our special teams

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2019, 10:19:21 am »

Be interesting to see if they let him play there this year.  Iíd think his tackling ability and speed/size combo would be an instant upgrade to our special teams
Id keep him as the last man back on punts and kickoffs... and I would also let him return some kicks.  Just think the kid might be just as good defensively..

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • The Peopleís Mod
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2019, 10:37:46 am »

Id keep him as the last man back on punts and kickoffs... and I would also let him return some kicks.  Just think the kid might be just as good defensively..

Iíd honestly be surprised if they do that this year in particular. Coming off an injury I would think it would be too important to have him at WR/wildcat package rather than risk injury on special teams (at least THIS year).

Porkys Revenge

« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2019, 10:39:40 am »

No way. Not fresh off acl injury. Just use TQ heís got wheels
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas