Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Burks  (Read 12621 times)

Re: Burks
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2019, 10:41:11 am »

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2019, 10:43:41 am »

No way. Not fresh off acl injury. Just use TQ he’s got wheels
lol.. I didnt say they will.. just stating if he can play them injury free hes a very very good option at all the above.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2019, 10:45:57 am »

Treylon just wants to fish, it seems we have several players with this affliction.

I just hope we don't have any painters

hawgon

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2019, 10:47:10 am »

I think that the kid and our receivers in general are going to be unstoppable.  If you want a quick fix in this kind of system, receiver is where you get it.  The offense could be night and day from last year.

Porkys Revenge

« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2019, 10:54:55 am »

lol.. I didnt say they will.. just stating if he can play them injury free hes a very very good option at all the above.
no. They won’t play him there. I’m just telling you that you shouldn’t either! Lol

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2019, 10:56:18 am »

Id keep him as the last man back on punts and kickoffs... and I would also let him return some kicks.  Just think the kid might be just as good defensively..

Receiving Kicks I disagree, punts maybe.  I think we have better kick off returners.  We have some real straight mind speed wheels on this team to place back there

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2019, 10:57:55 am »

no. They won’t play him there. I’m just telling you that you shouldn’t either! Lol
They wont put him on any kicking teams... what I am saying is their probably arent many better options... thats what im getting at.. and I do think he will return some kicks some point this season.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2019, 11:00:25 am »

Receiving Kicks I disagree, punts maybe.  I think we have better kick off returners.  We have some real straight mind speed wheels on this team to place back there
speed isnt everything... patience.. find the hole.. and hit it hard.. I dont think we will see him return punts. Unless we just need a for sure catch.

A Hogwork Orange

« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2019, 01:43:02 pm »

Joe Foucha was asked which young offensive player has been standing out and he said hands down it's Burks. Said Knox is a beast but Burks is something else. Big guy and really fast, said Burks reminds him of Julio Jones.

hawgon

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2019, 02:00:55 pm »

I’m not sure it is appreciated how much difference that dominate receivers can make.

Picture Nick Starkel in the pocket and our offensive line shows the resiliency of a wet paper towel.  Starkel panics and his thought process is something like “Holy crap!  Aaaahhhhhhhhhh!” as he heaves the ball in the general direction of Burks.  Instead of an INT or incompletion, Burks adjusts, uses his size and strength, and muscles the ball in for a catch and first down. 

That guy at A&M and Johnny Manziel played that game over and over for two years. 

UnknownNobody

« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2019, 02:03:17 pm »

I’m not sure it is appreciated how much difference that dominate receivers can make.

Picture Nick Starkel in the pocket and our offensive line shows the resiliency of a wet paper towel.  Starkel panics and his thought process is something like “Holy crap!  Aaaahhhhhhhhhh!” as he heaves the ball in the general direction of Burks.  Instead of an INT or incompletion, Burks adjusts, uses his size and strength, and muscles the ball in for a catch and first down. 

That guy at A&M and Johnny Manziel played that game over and over for two years.

And beat Bama..

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2019, 02:18:11 pm »

and we have Knox!!!! Double trouble!

liljo

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2019, 02:27:44 pm »

and we have Knox!!!! Double trouble!
Yep, and people are going to have to provide support for the primary defenders of those guys. TE and Slot guys should get some excellent opportunities as well, not to mention how it should open up the running game.

Like some others, I can see this offense coming together before long, even fairly early this season.

010HogFan

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • "Wait Till Next Year!"
« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2019, 02:36:33 pm »

Yep, and people are going to have to provide support for the primary defenders of those guys. TE and Slot guys should get some excellent opportunities as well, not to mention how it should open up the running game.

Like some others, I can see this offense coming together before long, even fairly early this season.

I'll tell you the guy nobody is talking about. John David White. He will be an X-factor at some point in the slot, mark it down. His high school highlight tape is one of the best I've ever seen and I've watched a bunch.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2019, 02:51:49 pm »

I'll tell you the guy nobody is talking about. John David White. He will be an X-factor at some point in the slot, mark it down. His high school highlight tape is one of the best I've ever seen and I've watched a bunch.
Not sure we see much of him this year... but I think a year or two he can definitely be a factor in the slot!!! Still honestly cant believe he didnt get more recruiting attention from some smaller D1 schools at least.

010HogFan

• "Wait Till Next Year!"
« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2019, 03:07:13 pm »

Not sure we see much of him this year... but I think a year or two he can definitely be a factor in the slot!!! Still honestly cant believe he didnt get more recruiting attention from some smaller D1 schools at least.

Yeah it might not be this year, but at some point he is going to get some play. Really excited about him and Mangum coming in too

redleg

• Hogvillian
« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2019, 03:10:46 pm »

I fully expect Burks and Knox to be three year starters for Arkansas before leaving early for the NFL (barring injury).
Burks could be the best receiver the Hogs have had since Greg Childs, or maybe even going back twenty years, all the way to Anthony Lucas! Burks is as tall as both of those guys, but he's thicker, seems stronger, seems faster, and has similar talent (if not more talented) compared to either of those former Hogs!
Knox could end up being the new Marcus Monk!
Throw in Nash, TQ, and Hudson Henry, and these receivers/TE's are the best to hit the Fayetteville campus since the 2008 crew of Childs, Wright, Adams, and Gragg.

AlmaHog2011

« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2019, 03:47:07 pm »

Kids Gonna be special!!!! On and off the field!!!     https://twitter.com/razorbackfb/status/1159227660171730944?s=21

He's special. He's phenomenally talented and he seems to be just a great great kid who is wise beyond his age or any age. I can't wait to see him score TDs. Since I watched his HS games I have thought he was capable of being truly great. And I feel like he has a chance to be a monster!

AlmaHog2011

« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2019, 03:49:02 pm »

Joe Foucha was asked which young offensive player has been standing out and he said hands down it's Burks. Said Knox is a beast but Burks is something else. Big guy and really fast, said Burks reminds him of Julio Jones.

To me he's a faster Anquan Boldin..I mean he's as good of an athlete as you can be. And his attitude is off the charts.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2019, 04:05:00 pm »

To me he's a faster Anquan Boldin..I mean he's as good of an athlete as you can be. And his attitude is off the charts.
couple inches taller than Boldin... reminds me size wise of Williams from Clemson and currently with the Chargers.

010HogFan

• "Wait Till Next Year!"
« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2019, 04:06:52 pm »

Knox could end up being the new Marcus Monk!

who?

UnknownNobody

« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2019, 04:08:18 pm »

who?

Hopefully Knox doesn’t end up anything like Monk.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2019, 04:13:11 pm »

Knox seems very similar in the same mold as Martavius Bryant from clemson.

gmarv

« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2019, 04:56:38 pm »

Thanks for the link.The kid is gonna be a star.

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • The People’s Mod
« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2019, 04:58:21 pm »

From everything I’ve seen, knox is in the same mold (just a great kid). I bet those two are fun to hang around.

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2019, 04:59:11 pm »

In this senior your TE becomes a top draft pick ALONG with said receiver.  Guess what we have waiting at the TE with 5 years to play 4.... hmm

Hollywood870

« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2019, 05:06:35 pm »

Julio returned kicks, but I don't want to risk injury.

AlmaHog2011

« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2019, 08:18:40 pm »

Burks would be the biggest KR I have ever seen. I wouldn't play him there but he could do it. I really think he could play a bunch of positions and excel.

I hope they don't do what Nutt did with DMac and wait 3-4 games play him right off. He's different. He won't be here for his senior year he's NFL talent and from what I have read and heard from people from that area he's just going to work and work not afraid to work. Turn him loose.

TebowHater

• DMAC > teBLOW
« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2019, 08:34:43 pm »

Mike Evans. One of the most frustrating things to watch. And he's still doing it - had 1500 yards last year. In his 5 years in the NFL he's never not had a 1000 yard season. Granted, the dude was the #7 overall pick in the draft but point still taken having someone go make plays is huge.

UnknownNobody

« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2019, 08:46:38 pm »

Mike Evans. One of the most frustrating things to watch. And he's still doing it - had 1500 yards last year. In his 5 years in the NFL he's never not had a 1000 yard season. Granted, the dude was the #7 overall pick in the draft but point still taken having someone go make plays is huge.

This guy? Yeah, Morris wants men like this not Smurfs.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wZeo0SUIoRs

liljo

« Reply #80 on: August 09, 2019, 09:06:10 am »

Any way you look at it,y’all—we are blessed to have a young man like Treylon. I think the combination of his personality (quiet, focused intensity, confident with no traces of arrogance) combined with Trey Knox’s personality (outgoing, happy, full go on snap)—I can see guys like that injecting confidence in the whole team.

Yes, we got several other weapons as well. But I gotta feeling we will be talking about these young receivers for a long time.

#hammerdown

• Hogvillian
  • Bring Back the Chrome Dome
« Reply #81 on: August 09, 2019, 09:20:49 am »

Anyone know if Burks is still battling pain in that knee?  Seemed like in a couple of the photos and vids he might have been struggling with it but was pushing through.

I really hope it is 100% and he has a great career without ever looking back. (unless it is to see the ball dropping over his shoulder as he enters the endzone)

blu

« Reply #82 on: August 09, 2019, 09:40:34 am »

Have very high hopes for Burks - he and Knox both could be very very special talents. Especially in Chad Morris' offense.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #83 on: August 09, 2019, 10:00:45 am »

Anyone know if Burks is still battling pain in that knee?  Seemed like in a couple of the photos and vids he might have been struggling with it but was pushing through.

I really hope it is 100% and he has a great career without ever looking back. (unless it is to see the ball dropping over his shoulder as he enters the endzone)
Not sure they would chance it if he was struggling or in pain. And not sure ive seen what you are seeing in vids or pics.

nwahogfan1

« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2019, 10:03:54 am »

I love White but I hope we can RS him this year.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2019, 10:05:01 am »

This young receiving crew is unreal.
Best we've ever had.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #86 on: August 09, 2019, 10:08:13 am »

I love White but I hope we can RS him this year.
I think he will be a good one in a couple years

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #87 on: August 09, 2019, 10:08:55 am »

Best we've ever had.
just keep recruiting them from Bradley county..lol

nwahogfan1

« Reply #88 on: August 09, 2019, 10:09:02 am »

They have very good trainers and doctors up there and if they see any swelling or Burks favoring that knee they I am sure Burks will be asked about it and necessary steps taken.

Knee surgery was 10 months ago and if he has not reinjured it since and he has followed his PT advisers and restrengthened that knee then it can be stronger than the other knee.

Gonzo

« Reply #89 on: August 09, 2019, 10:22:39 am »

Great WR's make an average QB look good.

Mike Evans got Johnny Football drafted in the 1st flippin round .... not that I'm putting any of these kids in that boat yet, but the point is valid .... and they just may turn out to be similar

Go Hogs!

Shorttimer

« Reply #90 on: August 09, 2019, 10:50:24 am »

The combination of a porous offensive line and receivers who can't get open quickly (or at the top of the route, for that matter) is an absolute recipe for disaster.  You can get by with strong o-line play with receivers who require time to get open.  You can get by with an iffy o-line if you have receivers that can get either vertical or horizontal separation quickly.  You'll get killed if you have neither.

This year, having explosive receivers will transform this offense, especially if the o-line improves even incrementally.  I am cautiously optimistic.

jj202020

« Reply #91 on: August 09, 2019, 11:13:35 am »

Knee is 100%.  Freak injuries can happen walking across campus.  He’s more likely to get hurt getting rolled up blocking on the edge than ST’s.  If this was a chronic issue, like concussions, backs, or feet, I would agree.  Now days with knees, if you fix it right and take care of it in rehab, you can return quickly, and sometimes, better than ever.  There is a very long list is successful ACL repairs in the NFL over the last 5 years.  It’s not like it used to be.

Hogs-n-Roses

• Coming to a Stadium Near You!
« Reply #92 on: August 09, 2019, 11:14:29 am »

The combination of a porous offensive line and receivers who can't get open quickly (or at the top of the route, for that matter) is an absolute recipe for disaster.  You can get by with strong o-line play with receivers who require time to get open.  You can get by with an iffy o-line if you have receivers that can get either vertical or horizontal separation quickly.  You'll get killed if you have neither.

This year, having explosive receivers will transform this offense, especially if the o-line improves even incrementally.  I am cautiously optimistic.
No need to be scared. You know what you see. We're going to be lots better this year. Maybe ridiculous better. These kids, Burks being one, are bringing a new standard in mental toughness. They're bought in from the start and the team has a completely different mental makeup. That, more than anything was our main issue. They were beat before they got on the field, or knew they were going to lose in the 4th quarter. Say bye bye to that crap.

HogPharmer

« Reply #93 on: August 09, 2019, 12:18:41 pm »

just keep recruiting them from Bradley county..lol

Still waiting on us to tap into that Hermitage talent pool.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #94 on: August 09, 2019, 12:32:45 pm »

Still waiting on us to tap into that Hermitage talent pool.
Monta Thomas should have transferred to Warren.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #95 on: August 09, 2019, 12:54:03 pm »

Trey Biddy just mentioned on his show that Burks, Knox, Soli, Catalon and Brooks have been the most impressive freshman hes seen in his time watching practice. Said Burks and Knox are just on a different level of athleticism than the rest of the receiving group.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #96 on: August 09, 2019, 12:59:11 pm »

Pete from Hawgsports said the most impressive thing so far is the Qbs throwing to the freshman receivers.

PorkSoda

« Reply #97 on: August 09, 2019, 02:20:42 pm »

Trey Biddy just mentioned on his show that Burks, Knox, Soli, Catalon and Brooks have been the most impressive freshman hes seen in his time watching practice. Said Burks and Knox are just on a different level of athleticism than the rest of the receiving group.
having 2 true receiver threats is going to make this offense dangerous.  even if the oline isn't great, if we can get the ball off quickly, it gives them a chance to make a play and get down field.

TXHog30

« Reply #98 on: August 09, 2019, 02:35:36 pm »

Talk about an impact in one class. Knox and Burks will likely end up starters and could break freshman records. Soli is poised to be a 3rd down specialist and get ample time in the rotation in year 1, which is big for a lineman. The last true freshman we had doing damage on the line was Sosa in 2016.

Catalon should figure into the safety rotation, and Brooks has locked down a starting spot at nickel already. He is also getting a shot at punt and kick returns from what I've read.

Porkys Revenge

« Reply #99 on: August 09, 2019, 05:08:35 pm »

Talk about an impact in one class. Knox and Burks will likely end up starters and could break freshman records. Soli is poised to be a 3rd down specialist and get ample time in the rotation in year 1, which is big for a lineman. The last true freshman we had doing damage on the line was Sosa in 2016.

Catalon should figure into the safety rotation, and Brooks has locked down a starting spot at nickel already. He is also getting a shot at punt and kick returns from what I've read.
Gonna be a fun year
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas