• 10,348,482 Posts
• 409,500 Topics
• 23,408 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Suicide Run, Eureka Springs, Arkansas Historic District with Sockeye Salmon  (Read 176 times)

Sockeye Salmon

• Band Nerd
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net

Howdy, I'm Sockeye Salmon.

Our family just returned from Eureka Springs from our annual summer vacation there. Me and the boys made a first annual mile and a half downhill bicycle run down Hwy 23 through the Eureka Springs historic district. The drop is continuous for a mile and a half and constitutes probably a 200+ feet decline in elevation down the mountain. It was my 60th birthday weekend!

Pictured in the film is my son, dirty Staven and his best bud, dirty Jason. I am filming and narrating. This was a blast. We are already planning the second edition of the suicide run, this next time wearing our Power Ranger Halloween zip suits! Seriously! If anyone is curious about what words might come out of your mouth when you are about to meet your demise and you see it coming, dirty Jason is about to clue you in>>

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!

That's not a suicide run. I've been up and down that road many times. A suicide run is biking downhill on a mountain bike trail with trees, bluffs, rocks, switchbacks, etc.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 01:25:01 pm by Inhogswetrust »

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Sockeye Salmon

• Band Nerd

That's not a suicide run. I've  bee up and down that road many times. A suicide run is biking downhill on a mountain bike trail with trees, bluffs, rocks, switchbacks, etc.

We did that too.  Concrete and car bumbers hurt worse.  The downtown run was more fun than the trails.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!

We did that too.  Concrete and car bumbers hurt worse.  The downtown run was more fun than the trails.

Sure it's more fun. Smoother surface and don't have to worry about falling off a cliff.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 04:48:56 pm by Inhogswetrust »

Sockeye Salmon

• Band Nerd

Sure it's more run. Smoother surface and don't have to worry about falling off a cliff.

On Sunday, July 26, 2020 at 8:00 PM, the second annual Eureka Springs Historic District Suicide Run will take place.  You are welcme to join us.  ;) We will start at HWY 62 and run the length of town down HWY 23, only this time, me and my dirties will be sporting Power Ranger outfits and riding 12 inch bikes similar to the one you see below.  The speed limit is 25 mph through the historic district.  Our goal to to break the speed limit law through town on 12 inch wheels.  We hope to catch 30 mph, anything more is adrenaline gravy.  ;D The guy that sold us the Power Ranger uniforms guaranteed us that the uniforms would make us non-destructable, so we're going for it.

Bro, I can take a suicide run on a lot of trails all day long in Eureka. It is rated as the second best mountain biking town in the nation. We ride them. If you're out to have fun of another sport sort on a bike, take off your helmet and knee pads, put on some flip flops, and take the Eureka Springs Historic District Suicide Run.  There is the only place on earth that you can attempt the Eureka Springs Historic District Suicide Run.

I think you may have missed the whole point.
Guaranteed great memory.  ;) 

« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 09:27:24 pm by Sockeye Salmon »

Thunderhog Jr

• Chief Potentate of Pork
  • Global Moderator
  • All-American Hogvillian

Welcome to Hogville.............

twistitup

• Gold Hogvillian
  • #gigantedormido

I'll be there

Sockeye Salmon

• Band Nerd

Welcome to Hogville.............

Thank you sir.

Sockeye Salmon

• Band Nerd

I'll be there

Bet!!!  It is actually Sunday, July 26, 2020 at 8pm.  I think I had July 30th written above. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas