• 10,955,742 Posts
• 425,723 Topics
• 24,874 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any softball news  (Read 2296 times)

Scott7703

Any softball news
« on: July 23, 2019, 10:19:43 pm »

Does anyone have any softball news? Transfers in/out? Anything?

psycHOGlogist

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Skepticism is a virtue.
Re: Any softball news
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 10:46:07 pm »

Malkin is in the portal, but it is not clear at this point what is happening. She certainly seems to be keeping low profile on social media - she is not following any new programs, and no new programs, coaches, or other players seem to be following her (at least on twitter). Maybe she will stay? No idea.

Similarly, there doesnít seem to be any noise around transfers in, either. There are still a lot of players (like Malkin) in the portal without a destination, but itís not clear whether our staff is recruiting any of them. There is still a lot of time, though ó IIRC, Gibsonís transfer was announced in November.

Otherwise, Iím not hearing or seeing a lot. The staff ó which is unchanged, despite some postersí predictions that there would be turnover in the assistants ó has been busy recruiting youth players. Business as usual, as far as I can tell.

I was really hoping to see an infielder transfer in, but so far, nothing to report.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Scott7703

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2019, 08:55:23 pm »

Thanks for the response. I was thinking it had been to quite.

RedGLo

• Walk-On
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 03:37:22 pm »

With Tournaments like IDT and PGF over and Coaches scouting players. We are only 33 days away from Sept 1st what's the word on offering player or players to join the  2021 recruiting class ?   With the new rule will schools offer over the phone or invite players out for a visit ?   I'm guessing the top 2021 player still available will get offers via phone calls.

2022 recruits now a year away

2023 Still have a few years wait..

psycHOGlogist

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2019, 10:01:49 pm »

I am pretty sure we are close to done with the 2021 class. We have commits from the following 2021 players:

Ally Sockey, IF - Greenwood, AR/Tulsa Elite
Madi Conklin, C - Ft. Smith-Southside, AR/Tulsa Elite
Sadie Saul, OF - Pottsville, AR/TN Mojo
Tori Hedgecock, UT - Valdosta, GA/Gainesville Gold
Spencer Prigge, IF - Scottsdale, AZ/Firecrackers-Arizona

Those are all the commits I know about, but I have also seen that we seem to be looking closely at Emerson Aiken, a P for TN Mojo who lives near Richmond, VA. I donít think she has committed yet ó Iím not even sure she has an offer ó but she seems to have a lot of social media contact with AR staff and AR commits.

Softball recruiting ó especially for the 2021 and prior classes ó happened so early in the past. What will be very interesting to see is what happens with the 2022 class, since they are probably the first class to feel the full impact of the rule change.

The 2020 class seemed so far off not that long ago ... and they are set to sign this fall! They include Cally Kildow (P/UT, Gravette/DeMarini Aces), Lauren Howell (P, Jefferson City, MO/DeMarini Aces), Marlene Friedman (IF, Santa Ana, CA/Explosion), Kaitlyn Howard (OF/LHP, Sheridan/Texas Glory), and Hannah Gammill (Beebe/Choppers-Renteria).

Both the 2020 and 2021 classes are very strong, but I am keeping an eye out for 2022. I think that could ó on paper anyway ó end up being the best class ever. We only have one official commit right now - Kiana Estrada, who is a stud - but we are on several other very strong, nationally ranked players who may, when they are allowed to communicate with coaches later this fall, pull the trigger and commit. Stay tuned.

RedGLo

• Walk-On
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2020, 05:09:38 pm »

So our only 2022 Softball commit gets ranked 18th by Extra Innings Softball second year in a row in top 20s.

Found a few Videos of her hitting looks like she can smash... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctq7JMq_4Ac

Here is the write up on her,

T-18óKiana Estrada, 1B/P, So Cal Athletics Ė Richardson (Arkansas)
Kiana has moved up to play for Bruce Richardsonís always competitive 18U team where sheíll bring her power bat and sweet lefty swing that helps her hit for a high average, drive in a lot of runs and also get her share of homers. As a freshman for Chino Hills (California) High in 2019, Kiana hit .470 with nine home runs, 14 doubles and an impressive 47 RBIs; this spring she went 15-for-30 (.500) in 11 games with four home runs including a grand slam and had 19 RBIs. Last winter, Kiana showed that she has SEC power already as she went to an Arkansas Camp and in a live batting practice in the stadium crushed 10 home runs over the fence.

psycHOGlogist

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2020, 08:36:44 am »

Aly Manzo and Autumn Storms have both announced on their Instagram accounts that they are returning for their "super senior" seasons! Haven't yet seen announcements from Jackson, Parr, Huffhine, or Graves.

psycHOGlogist

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2020, 01:09:55 pm »

Sydney Parr has announced that she'll be coming back for 2021, as well.

MrKlem10

• Varsity
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2020, 08:08:34 pm »

I know the 5th year is affecting 2021 commits.  I know of at least one, possibly two that are not on the commit list anymore. 

psycHOGlogist

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2020, 12:33:21 pm »

I know the 5th year is affecting 2021 commits.  I know of at least one, possibly two that are not on the commit list anymore. 

Really? Which ones? I did a quick scan of the twitter accounts of most of our 2021s, and they still all had some variation of ďArkansas softball commitĒ in their bios. I checked on Howell, Prigge, Hoffman, Kildow, Saul, Gammill, and Hedgecock - all still there. (Of course itís possible they havenít updated their bios, but most of them have been committed for quite a while.)

Scott7703

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2020, 05:49:20 pm »

Really? Which ones? I did a quick scan of the twitter accounts of most of our 2021s, and they still all had some variation of ďArkansas softball commitĒ in their bios. I checked on Howell, Prigge, Hoffman, Kildow, Saul, Gammill, and Hedgecock - all still there. (Of course itís possible they havenít updated their bios, but most of them have been committed for quite a while.)

I would venture its 2-3 that live in a similar area.

psycHOGlogist

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2020, 11:26:31 pm »

Well, I forgot to mention that I checked on Sockey and Conklin, too (and I forgot that Gammill was a 2020 who had already signed). Both Sockey and Conklin still had Arkansas commit in their profiles, too.

Iím really at a loss at who you might be referring to. And what commit list are you looking at? The one on Flo does not, and never has, had all the names correct.

psycHOGlogist

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2020, 12:18:25 pm »

Coach Deifel indicates in this interview that she's expecting the entire senior class back. Wow. https://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2020/may/12/deifel-big-step-in-lost-season-20200512/

psycHOGlogist

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2020, 09:50:42 am »

Updating this - as I'd been told in a PM, Sadie Saul has now updated her twitter profile to say "uncommitted." Not sure if there is someone else I have missed yet, but will keep looking around.

psycHOGlogist

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2020, 12:54:02 pm »

There have been a couple nice stories about incoming (2020) Hog softball players from in-state recently.

Today, WholeHogSports profiled Beebe all-star Hannah Gammill:
https://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2020/may/26/only-virus-can-stop-gammill-s-hit-parad/

And last week they did a nice piece on Cally Kildow:
https://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2020/may/21/kildow-fully-recovered-from-horrific-in/

Thought people would enjoy. Really looking forward to what these young women can do as Hogs!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas