• 10,679,272 Posts
• 418,418 Topics
• 24,560 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone think this is a scam?  (Read 1103 times)

sooie dog

• Hogvillian
Anyone think this is a scam?
« on: July 23, 2019, 02:59:11 pm »

I'm searching for a camper and we live in KC.  I was checking out different craigslists for the region.  I notice this really nice 2015 Cougar camper for $7k in Des Moines and also listed in Shreveport. I check blue book and it is listed as 15k+.  They text me back today and ask me to send an email for more information. Below is the email.

Thank you for contacting me about my 2015 Cougar X-LITE 21 RBS travel trailer. The trailer is in great shape, one owner, 21 length, Weight 5238, Heater (BTUs) 30000, sleeping capacity 4. it was never been involved in accidents and has clear title.I am selling it for $7000 because my husband died 1 month ago (he had a heart attack) and brings me bad memories. Along with my daughter we decided to sell the house and moved to my brother in (Lawrence, KS) trying to start a new life.l want to use eBay services, so if you're interested in purchasing the trailer just reply me your full name, full address (city, state and zip code) and phone number, so I can notify eBay. Once that is done, they will contact you in the next 24 hours to explain the entire procedure. Thanks

It is to good to be true it must be a scam right? Thanks in advance to anyone that has had a similar experience.

rzrbkman

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: Anyone think this is a scam?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 04:29:46 pm »

If it is that great of a deal why is she having to advertise this online? Local people would have bought that in a heartbeat.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Cleve Dean

• Bench Warmer

kingofdequeen

• Gold Hogvillian
  • CJK5H
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019, 07:56:16 pm »

run, don't walk.   

if they wanted to sell it, the first msg would've been "here's my contact info to send me money". 

not the rigmarole you got.  ebay doesn't allow you to sell stuff on ebay on other sites. 

1highhog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat.
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2019, 08:42:17 pm »

I'm searching for a camper and we live in KC.  I was checking out different craigslists for the region.  I notice this really nice 2015 Cougar camper for $7k in Des Moines and also listed in Shreveport. I check blue book and it is listed as 15k+.  They text me back today and ask me to send an email for more information. Below is the email.

Thank you for contacting me about my 2015 Cougar X-LITE 21 RBS travel trailer. The trailer is in great shape, one owner, 21 length, Weight 5238, Heater (BTUs) 30000, sleeping capacity 4. it was never been involved in accidents and has clear title.I am selling it for $7000 because my husband died 1 month ago (he had a heart attack) and brings me bad memories. Along with my daughter we decided to sell the house and moved to my brother in (Lawrence, KS) trying to start a new life.l want to use eBay services, so if you're interested in purchasing the trailer just reply me your full name, full address (city, state and zip code) and phone number, so I can notify eBay. Once that is done, they will contact you in the next 24 hours to explain the entire procedure. Thanks

It is to good to be true it must be a scam right? Thanks in advance to anyone that has had a similar experience.

Dude that is the biggest SCAM there is.  They have been using that SCAM for years.  Never ever correspond with anyone through the email they provide instead of the Craigslist response system.  They are phishing for your information. 

sowmonella

• You know I'm right.
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2019, 10:38:42 am »

:o

thebignasty

• This one goes to 11.
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2019, 05:42:43 pm »

Made a similar deal with a very nice Nigerian Prince not too far back.

woodrow hog call

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2019, 08:11:54 am »

This girl really gets around, now she is in North Dakota on a military base about to get shipped out for a year, (with her medical team) so she needs to sell another trailer.

Her email to me;

"Thank you very much for getting back to me but I would like to clarify
some things first.I have the clear title and the bill of sale.
All the paperwork notarized by a legal attorney are ready to be transferred under new owner's name.
I also want to let you know that the price is firm, non negotiable $800.00.
I am selling the trailer at this price because my
husband passed away not long ago (he was very sick) and this trailer
brings me bad memories and that's the reason why I want to sell it
asap. Another reason for selling it is because I work in military and
right now I'm on a military base on Bismarck,ND.

We are training and getting ready to leave the country.
The trailer is already at the shipping company Fargo, ND
ready for delivery because someone agreed to buy it, but in the end he
never got the loan. For this reason, the shipping is already paid for.
I will use e bay in this transaction for our protection. If you are
not aware of this program, you should know that it will allow you to
test and inspect the trailer before paying me.The inspection period
will be set to 5 days and I think that is enough time for you to make
a decision about the trailer . If you won`t like my trailer you notify
e bay and you send it back at my expense. But I assure you that won't
be the case.

If you want to continue the purchase, please reply with your full
name, delivery address and phone number so I can start the transaction
with e bay and ask them to send you the terms of this transaction. (
with no further obligation or fees).Thank you"

Oklahoma Diamond Hog

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2019, 12:23:47 pm »

Yes, it is. Too good to be true and I have read about some of these with what looks like a bit of broken english. I was looking at Land Rover once and it was very similar and said they worked on a millitary base too. They are phishing for your information...

Tai_Mai_Shu

• Senior
  • Gina Carano - these hands aren't made for texting
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2019, 10:20:01 am »

Yep it's a scam. I actually reply with a made up name, address, city and phone number.

I used

Johnny B. Good
1234 Neverland
Disney, AR 12345

little pigee

• All-American Hogvillian
  • I'll get back to you on that...
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2019, 08:31:47 am »

Yep it's a scam. I actually reply with a made up name, address, city and phone number.

I used

Johnny B. Good
1234 Neverland
Disney, AR 12345
I used to live there, before they took my drugs away.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas