• 10,750,143 Posts
• 420,099 Topics
• 24,694 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creative offense and scheme vs.....  (Read 412 times)

Big Boi

• Senior
  • The Rodney Dangerfield of Razorbacks
Creative offense and scheme vs.....
« on: September 08, 2019, 07:19:24 am »

Trick plays. I'd love to see some creative formations to get our guys in favorable matchups but trick plays are sign of desperation.

UnknownNobody

Re: Creative offense and scheme vs.....
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 09:30:16 am »

Meh, trick plays are part of the game. When it works, its loved. When its blown up, its hated

Exactly, the Philly Special (which was a Chad Morris play) won a Super Bowl.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2019, 09:44:07 am »

only thing I would like to see is a short yardage package put in for a bigger bodied guy.... Burks, Jefferson, or even Ogrady. Let them catch the snap with a lead blocker and pick up the short yards to extend drives.

High On Swine

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2019, 10:21:41 am »

only thing I would like to see is a short yardage package put in for a bigger bodied guy.... Burks, Jefferson, or even Ogrady. Let them catch the snap with a lead blocker and pick up the short yards to extend drives.

They need to do something creative to help the OL pick up a 3rd or 4th and 1. After questioning the run scheme like I have for 16 games, why did it take 16 games to start doing a little quick toss off tackle? We did not run one play to the edge against SJS. Then, they finally show some run plays where the RB gets the ball before 3 seconds has passed since the ball was snapped. Guess what, we ran the ball a little more effective when the RB has the ball quickly instead of on delay.

At least the coaches tried to show a little something we have not seen before. Still Jeckyl and Hyde, no consistency in what they are doing and no identity to hang a helmet on. Last play call was terrible and so was the play call Starkel threw the INT on. Rest of the game was not so bad. However, we need good play calls in crunch time, when it is the most important and in the red zone when TD are needed and not FG. Still think Craddock is in over his head right now. Hopefully he will get better as the players and system grow together. All we can do is hope.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2019, 10:31:03 am »

hell line the line up... Ogrady at TE... Johnson or someone that wants to smash someone at H-Backs... Burks and Boyd at QB/RB.... Woods and Knox out wide... and tell everyone to go smash someone....

OkieBack

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Everybody Love Everybody
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2019, 12:23:07 pm »

I believe the coaches and players are finally coming together, at least 80% of the time.  If we can get one or two more drives in a game that result in points (primarily TD's) then I think we will be on a good path toward winning more games. 

I think it would be hard to find anyone on HV who flat out thinks the team is a train wreck.  It is far from that.  This team is playing with purpose and passion and is doing some things pretty well.  That is so very important. 

There were games before where Craddock was blamed for offensive inadequacy, which may or may not be correct.  I think since the CSU game the offense has found its groove (aside from poor QB play) and just needs to improve execution and efficiency.  The defense is more of a concern as anything now, however I think they played just well enough to beat aTm.  The offense had their shot and just fell a couple plays short of taking the lead once and for all for the win.  Pure and simple.   

havok

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2019, 12:35:54 pm »

hell line the line up... Ogrady at TE... Johnson or someone that wants to smash someone at H-Backs... Burks and Boyd at QB/RB.... Woods and Knox out wide... and tell everyone to go smash someone....

I just want us to set up big plays.. but consistently lining up and having success in one formation package then countering off of it.  We have too many "Tells" that the defense is keying off. 

We appear to have fixed the RB (Where he lines up) to show if run/pass.  But when Johnson is in the line up.. is is pretty much a key that we will assuredly run and it being a power play.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2019, 12:39:28 pm »

I just want us to set up big plays.. but consistently lining up and having success in one formation package then countering off of it.  We have too many "Tells" that the defense is keying off. 

We appear to have fixed the RB (Where he lines up) to show if run/pass.  But when Johnson is in the line up.. is is pretty much a key that we will assuredly run and it being a power play.
When we have one yard to get... run the ball.. who cares.. big boys do a damn job... who cares if they know its coming.. nutt up, tell them its coming and get it!!!

oldhog63

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2019, 12:57:16 pm »

When we have one yard to get... run the ball.. who cares.. big boys do a damn job... who cares if they know its coming.. nutt up, tell them its coming and get it!!!
Easier said than done when we are light in the shorts and evidently not very strong.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2019, 12:59:49 pm »

Easier said than done when we are light in the shorts and evidently not very strong.
add more blockers... give it to someone bigger.. direct snap.. less time than a qb taking snap and then handing it off..
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas