• 10,349,939 Posts
• 409,553 Topics
• 23,410 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mitch Petrus  (Read 4470 times)

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
  • RIP LILY, WE MISS YOU DEARLY
Re: Mitch Petrus
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2019, 06:27:46 pm »

Rip Mitch

Prayers for the family.

psychhog

« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2019, 06:42:27 pm »

Wow this is so sad to hear! As many others have said he was a great Razorback and a great story going from walk on to being drafted and getting a super bowl ring. I didn’t know him but played against him in high school when he was a sophomore. He was already a big kid then. Prayers to his family and those close with him. RIP Mitch, gone too soon.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

kennypig

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2019, 06:55:29 pm »

prayers to his family.

hoglady

« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2019, 06:55:56 pm »

Has the University sent out any sort of statement about this today?
(never mind)
I just saw a statement on Twitter from Razorback Football.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 07:24:13 pm by hoglady »

hoglady

« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2019, 07:07:04 pm »

Mitch's Dad did an interview on Channel 7 - said all he was drinking was water to stay hydrated.
He kept getting sicker, ambulance was called - he started having concussion issues before getting to Baptist NLR.
His sodium had bottomed out - thought they might could save him because his oxygen content was normal but sodium content was
just too low to recover.

His Dad warned everyone to stay hydrated in this heat.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 07:30:15 pm by hoglady »

hogninja

« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2019, 07:27:29 pm »

Just a big happy man with a Booming laugh! Way too soon for such a good person. RIP Mitch. Prayers and condolences to the Petrus Family.

WorfHog

• All-American Hogvillian
  • jagh bI'
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2019, 08:13:28 pm »

As someone who is turning 32 on Monday I had the chance to meet Mitch several times while on campus.  He was a really cool dude.

RIP Mitch, gone way too soon, but 32 years lived well. Keeping the family in my thoughts.

LZH

« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2019, 08:31:34 pm »

God bless him and his family.  I met his dad once and honestly don't remember where.  But will I pray for him and them all.

We all take the heat, but if you feel dizzy and out of breath, my doc sez 'you're already too late...cool off ASAP'.  We think we're tough guys, and no doubt Mitch was one ridiculously tough SOB.  But frankly, you never know.  RIP Mitch, when we're all dust and few remember our lives, your name will live on, deservedly and proudly so....a Razorback forever.

Prayers to his family.

247Hog

« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2019, 08:51:36 pm »

So sad. Seemed like a great guy. Prayers to the family and hopefully this will get someones attention out there that hasn't been taking the heat seriously.

EastexHawg

« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2019, 10:35:57 pm »

I don't know if this is similar, but a few years ago a guy who was canoeing down a river in Texas drank and sweated out so much water that he depleted all his sodium and died.  We probably need to drink something with electrolytes when we're sweating that much.

I'm old enough to remember when our coaches were passing out salt tablets to us during workouts in the heat.

This is terrible and I can hardly imagine what his family is going through.  RIP, Mitch.  What a tragic loss.

hawgon

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2019, 10:53:05 pm »

I don't know if this is similar, but a few years ago a guy who was canoeing down a river in Texas drank and sweated out so much water that he depleted all his sodium and died.  We probably need to drink something with electrolytes when we're sweating that much.

I'm old enough to remember when our coaches were passing out salt tablets to us during workouts in the heat.

This is terrible and I can hardly imagine what his family is going through.  RIP, Mitch.  What a tragic loss.

From what I read, that sounds like what happened to him.

LZH

« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2019, 11:18:22 pm »

This is about Mitch and his family, so I really wanna keep it there.  But there is no doubt that heat stress can hit you immediately and by the time you know it....bang, you're only steps from being in trouble.  I got too hot a couple of months ago and that caused one helluva recovery time....I still can lose my breath on a roof in minutes - doing nothing.  I know I'm 51, but I've been fine 'til this just happened all of a sudden and I can't shake it.

Point is I guess, if anyone knew how to hydrate and take care of himself....he did.  Ya just never know.

I am so sorry for the entire incident.  Prayers to you all.

BigoBoys

« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2019, 11:36:40 pm »

Couldn't find the KO against Ole Miss but found this.  At :49 number #46 RIP great block!  RIP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHQBtBobi3o
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 12:02:10 am by BigoBoys »

snoblind

« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2019, 01:14:24 am »

RIP Mitch.  So sad to hear.

Prayers to his family.

hoggusamoungus

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2019, 07:18:33 am »

Per Channel 4, public memorial to be held in the Carlisle High gymnasium at 3:00 Sunday afternoon.  Beth Hunt will serve as MC and speakers will include Bazzell and Wess Moore.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 07:44:22 pm by hoggusamoungus »

texasdvm

« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2019, 07:17:24 pm »

Mitch was a beast when he pulled for the sweep.  He was so fast and he always found someone to hit.  Just a fantastic kid from our small towns in Arkansas living the dream of being a Razorback.  Two of our better O lineman from the state have been lost young in life.  Very sad. Love to the family.

99toLife

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Crazy Times Make Crazy people Crazier!!!!
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2019, 08:18:49 pm »

Heat can be a killer.... sounds simple..   but it can sneak up on you, no matter how tough you think you are or how tough you were in the past in hot weather...

God bless, and prayers to all close to Mitch.   

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Nadine Coyle shakin it for the Hogs!!!!
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2019, 08:21:50 pm »

sorry it’s true

Prayers for him and his family. How terrible.

TXHog30

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2019, 02:48:03 pm »

I was tied in with some of his family for a little while. Had the pleasure of watching a few games with Mitch over a beer.

What a great guy he was, beyond just football. I was very saddened to hear about this the other day.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas