Wed, Jul 17, 2019, 9:00 AM –
Fri, Jul 19, 2019, 2:00 PM CDT

Bentoville High School
1901 Southeast J Street
Bentonville, AR 72712
View Map
Event description 
Malik Monk 5 Star Development Camp with NBA friends

Malik Monk 5 Star Development Camp with NBA friends (D’Aron Fox)
Date: July 17th-19th
Price: $300
Bentonville High School
Ages: 6-17
Time: 9am-2pm
Below you will find details about what each day of camp will consist of. We ask that each child bring a packed lunch each day as it will no be provided.
Stretching 9:00am-9:15am
Stations
6 stations focusing on fundamentals
Passing
Shooting

I can’t believe this carpet bagger from Lepanto and his brother are still coming to our state to try to make money. $300 for this camp! If there is anyone in the NBA whose game I want my child to emulate it’s certainly not Monk. I just watched channel 5 News and they were talking about how great it is he came back to Bentonville to “give back”. He’s not giving back if he’s making a profit. For someone who couldn’t wait to get out of here for college, he sure comes back a lot.

widespreadsooie:

That's blatant profit motive and the News should find something else to talk about, unless they aren't providing free advertisement. Saw something for this some time back and almost lost my britches after reading the price.

hoglady:

Those news people need to learn the meaning of "giving back".

He's selling a service.

A "free" camp, forming a non-profit that does something worthwhile - that's giving back.

IronMountainHog:

Malik Monk Gives Back To Bentonville Community With Basketball Camp
Andrew Scaglione
8 hours ago

BENTONVILLE (KFSM) – Malik Monk returned to his alma mater on Wednesday morning to host a 5 Star Developmental Camp. Monk and college teammate De’Aaron Fox, a current Sacramento King, instructed about 50 kids between the ages of 6-17.

LOL at a “NBA Star” getting 50 kids to come to his camp at his old high school two years removed.

hogwood:

--- Quote from: IronMountainHog on July 17, 2019, 10:48:09 pm ---Share this event 
Date And Time

Bentoville High School
1901 Southeast J Street
Bentonville, AR 72712
View Map
Event description 

Bentonville High School
Below you will find details about what each day of camp will consist of. We ask that each child bring a packed lunch each day as it will no be provided.
Stations
Passing
Shooting

I can’t believe this carpet bagger from Lepanto and his brother are still coming to our state to try to make money. $300 for this camp! If there is anyone in the NBA whose game I want my child to emulate it’s certainly not Monk. I just watched channel 5 News and they were talking about how great it is he came back to Bentonville to “give back”. He’s not giving back if he’s making a profit. For someone who couldn’t wait to get out of here for college, he sure comes back a lot.

--- End quote ---

- "with NBA friends" ... LOL!

- $300 and no lunch... LOL!

What on earth do Monk and Fox want with that $15,000 they just had to split? Get out of here.

widespreadsooie:

--- Quote from: IronMountainHog on July 17, 2019, 11:10:35 pm ---Malik Monk Gives Back To Bentonville Community With Basketball Camp
Andrew Scaglione
8 hours ago

BENTONVILLE (KFSM) – Malik Monk returned to his alma mater on Wednesday morning to host a 5 Star Developmental Camp. Monk and college teammate De’Aaron Fox, a current Sacramento King, instructed about 50 kids between the ages of 6-17.

LOL at a “NBA Star” getting 50 kids to come to his camp at his old high school two years removed.

--- End quote ---

50 kids sounds about right at $300 a head. Would make more if the price was lower.

UnknownNobody:

Well it was Marcus that said “It’s a business decision” when Malik spurned Arkansas.

As far as I’m concerned they both can take their “business decisions” back to Kentucky.

Sivad:

--- Quote from: UnknownNobody on July 17, 2019, 11:58:21 pm ---Well it was Marcus that said “It’s a business decision” when Malik spurned Arkansas.

As far as I’m concerned they both can take their “business decisions” back to Kentucky.

--- End quote ---
#SendHimBack

HardingHog:

On a positive note, check out what Bobby Portis is up to:

https://www.bobbyportis.com/the-foundation

He is putting on a basketball camp that only costs $20

Also, he's hosting a "celebrity All Star game" as well that has been announced as having Qualls and Hannahs playing along with Zach Lavine

UnknownNobody:

--- Quote from: HardingHog on July 18, 2019, 03:38:34 am ---On a positive note, check out what Bobby Portis is up to:

Also, he's hosting a "celebrity All Star game" as well that has been announced as having Qualls and Hannahs playing along with Zach Lavine

--- End quote ---

And that’s how it should be done. The Monk boys can rot.

Youngsta71701:

--- Quote from: IronMountainHog on July 17, 2019, 10:48:09 pm ---Share this event 
Date And Time

Bentoville High School
1901 Southeast J Street
Bentonville, AR 72712
View Map
Event description 

Bentonville High School
Stations
Passing
Shooting

--- End quote ---
Malik F*c*i*g Monk???!!! Blasphemy!

King Kong:

I’d be fine with nobody showing up

hogwood:

--- Quote from: HardingHog on July 18, 2019, 03:38:34 am ---On a positive note, check out what Bobby Portis is up to:

--- End quote ---

Amen Bobby.

PonderinHog:

The first thing I did when I saw this thread was to look up Bentonville, Kentucky.  There isn't one.

nwahogfan1:

Malik Who??????    Who is this guy?    Why would you throw your money away kids on this nobody?

hoglady:

--- End quote ---

Thanks for posting.
I will most definitely buy some tickets to that basketball game.

(notOM)Rebel123:

“I feel good. I just want to see them happy and they want to see my face”....Malik Monk to KFSM.

Inhogswetrust:

--- Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on July 18, 2019, 09:26:08 am ---“I feel good. I just want to see them happy and they want to see my face”....Malik Monk to KFSM.

--- End quote ---

That statement is bull and egotistical. IF he really wanted to see them happy by letting them see his face then he wouldn't charge at all or very, very little. After all it's for the kids right. Bull.

hoglady:

Give me someone like Portis - all day, everyday.

Monk seems to only care about adding some change to his pocket.

tophawg19:

Portis has class . it Appears Monk has to cash in on Kids to make a living . Monk can go home to Kentucky where he belongs

1highhog:

--- Quote from: UnknownNobody on July 18, 2019, 03:43:53 am ---And that’s how it should be done. The Monk boys can rot.

--- End quote ---

You didn't complete your sentence UnknownNobody.  It's supposed to be, the Monk boys can rot in hell.

1highhog:

--- Quote from: King Kong on July 18, 2019, 06:37:09 am ---I’d be fine with nobody showing up

--- End quote ---

That's the thing about it being up in NWA though.  He can get away with doing this up in Bentonville because there are so many yankees up there, or should I say, people not from Arkansas, that they are not fans of the Razorbacks.  When some piece of crap like Malik comes to town offering to teach kids some basketball skills and some of these rich parents hear he's some NBA player they just jump on board.  They're not aware he's just a fringe NBA player.

UnknownNobody:

--- Quote from: 1highhog on July 19, 2019, 08:56:13 am ---You didn't complete your sentence UnknownNobody.  It's supposed to be, the Monk boys can rot in hell.

--- End quote ---

I was trying not to be a big meanie.  :)

Pages: (1/1)

Go to full version