• 10,546,400 Posts
• 415,597 Topics
• 23,821 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Marisnick collision  (Read 266 times)

HenduHog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Razorbacks: Hostile and mobile
Marisnick collision
« on: July 11, 2019, 09:38:02 pm »

Here is the video of the collision.

I think it's pretty clear Marisnick made it a point to run over the catcher. The catcher was well inside the baseline, Marisnick goes out of his way to run him down. 

Two days wasn't enough. He could have broken his neck.

clutch

Re: Marisnick collision
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 10:12:41 am »

Definitely looked intentional. He took a hard step inside to get on line with the catcher. He could have easily slid to the back side of the plate and avoided a tag. No place in Baseball for that in my opinion. The catcher wasn't blocking the plate, he wasn't in the basepath. That's a vicious hit that he took that could have ended his career. Two games is way to soft of a suspension.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

GolfNut57

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 03:58:44 pm »

Definitely looked intentional. He took a hard step inside to get on line with the catcher. He could have easily slid to the back side of the plate and avoided a tag. No place in Baseball for that in my opinion. The catcher wasn't blocking the plate, he wasn't in the basepath. That's a vicious hit that he took that could have ended his career. Two games is way to soft of a suspension.

Yep.......and then the lying pusbag Marisnick had the audacity to claim he was trying to slide in head first to the plate. Nevermind that he actually lowered his shoulder leading into the contact. That play would have gotten him kicked out of a college football game and likely suspended for the next one. JMO but he should have gotten ten games off.

I might add that the Astros announcers were full of homer shinola as they said it was a "bad" call to call him out on the play. I lost a lot of respect for that team on that play.

HenduHog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Razorbacks: Hostile and mobile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 06:56:50 pm »

Definitely a vicious play. And no way was he trying to go in head first. As you said he veered to the inside of the foul line to make contact.

Yes, in college he would have ejected.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas