• 10,331,290 Posts
• 408,963 Topics
• 23,360 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Southwest Classic  (Read 3234 times)

younghog

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Keep em coming
Re: Southwest Classic
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2019, 10:18:36 pm »

2024, and yes, play the games at home. We can play in Dallas every few years, it’s lost some of its sparkle, and it isn’t all due to losing 7 in a row, 5 at AT+T.

Keep the game in Dallas.. Us Texans who go yearly love it.. So do alumni that travel here..

Cotton

• Hogvillian
  • Formerly of ESPN 8 "The Ocho"
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2019, 08:15:06 am »

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

AlmaHog2011

• Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2019, 09:53:02 am »

Keep the game in Dallas.. Us Texans who go yearly love it.. So do alumni that travel here..

Went to two of them when we curb stomped them. I might go this year. It's an awesome experience and you will meet so many Hogfans you won't believe it.

I hope we win this year and get back to filling our half of the stadium. It's a great time especially if we win. Keep it there!

AlmaHog2011

• Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2019, 10:03:41 am »

FYI,  When Petrino was coaching our Hogs were 3-0 at jerryworld....

Sure was and I was at two of those games. Great fun!
We hired a goober for a coach and had a goober as AD and we went off the rails and into the canyon under them. I love the new AD and think that Morris has us on the way back.

This is a huge year.

NoogaHog

• Senior
  • WPS from Southern Appalachia
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2019, 10:29:20 am »

9/11/2021

Just a reminder that that will be our next chance to beat a P5/Major College nonconference opponent in Fayetteville for the first time since 1971.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2019, 10:35:58 am »

Just a reminder that that will be our next chance to beat a P5/Major College nonconference opponent in Fayetteville for the first time since 1971.

We haven’t played many.

NoogaHog

• Senior
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2019, 10:39:59 am »

I guess I dreamed going there to watch the Hogs play USCw, Texas, Texas Tech.

Arkansas has not DEFEATED a major NONCONFERENCE opponent in Fayetteville since Iowa State in 1971. They have won conference games in Fayetteville and noncons in Little Rock. Look it up.

NoogaHog

• Senior
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2019, 10:59:55 am »

We haven’t played many.

About 8 or 9, I believe.

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2019, 05:55:11 pm »

Take the LR game , make it a non conference game and play it in Dallas. All conference games should be home and home. Then Fayetteville gets a game back and we no longer play in LR.

Play Texas in Jerry's world. Or Oklahoma. Beat either and that helps take some recruits from them in North Texas.

Any chance that the last game would be pulled from WMS pretty much ceased to exist when the U of A signed the current contract to play one SEC game there (Missouri) every other year. In years when there is no regular season game in WMS, the Spring game will be played there. I support moving all games to DWRRS but one game every other year against an SEC opponent is better than a game there every year. Be thankful that all of the home games will be in DWRRS every other year. It's better than going back to playing twice a year in WMS.

Tylerhog

« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2019, 07:27:20 am »

Y’all gotta toughen up!

ricepig

« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2019, 07:43:37 am »

Any chance that the last game would be pulled from WMS pretty much ceased to exist when the U of A signed the current contract to play one SEC game there (Missouri) every other year. In years when there is no regular season game in WMS, the Spring game will be played there. I support moving all games to DWRRS but one game every other year against an SEC opponent is better than a game there every year. Be thankful that all of the home games will be in DWRRS every other year. It's better than going back to playing twice a year in WMS.

The WMS and AT+T contracts can both be canceled, so don’t act like either has more of a shelf life than their current contracts.

(notOM)Rebel123

« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2019, 09:56:19 am »

Arkansas has not DEFEATED a major NONCONFERENCE opponent in Fayetteville since Iowa State in 1971. They have won conference games in Fayetteville and noncons in Little Rock. Look it up.

I did.
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/arkansas/1971-schedule.html

Since 1971....That can be a bit misleading. It depends on what you consider “Major”. From 1971 thru 1990, Tulsa was basically the only non-conference game played at Fayetteville because we played from 3-4 games per year in Little Rock. That being said, from 1971-2003, we didn’t play a non-conference team from a now “Power 5” conference in Fayetteville at all. Texas in 2004 was the first since Iowa St.
If you mean “Power 5”, we have played four since 1971:
Texas 2004
USC 2006
Texas Tech 2015
TCU 2017

About 8 or 9, I believe.

Maybe I overlooked some years, but if there were 8-9 during those years, I missed them.

But the Hogs have defeated teams such as UCF, Boise State, Southern Miss, Tulsa, La Tech, etc. Non-con. P5 wins in LR have come against, Cal, Southern Cal, Okie State, Ole Miss, Vandy, and Northwestern.

While your point that we haven’t beaten a “major” (assuming you meant P5), is correct. Keep in mind we’ve only played four P5 teams. We should be 3-1, at
best. But certainly no worse than 2-2 in those four games.

Update:

I overlooked your post from above that stated “P5/Major.” My apologies.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 10:31:10 am by (notOM)Rebel123 »

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2019, 12:08:55 pm »

The WMS and AT+T contracts can both be canceled, so don’t act like either has more of a shelf life than their current contracts.

The chances of either happening are slim and none, most likely closer to none. I wouldn't mind it at all if it happened but I just don't see it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas