• 10,412,978 Posts
• 411,530 Topics
• 23,510 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Southwest Classic  (Read 3478 times)

Occams Razorback

• Varsity
  • Pluralitas non est ponenda swine necessitate
Southwest Classic
« on: June 29, 2019, 11:40:24 am »

Does anyone know when the Southwest Classic contract expires with Jerry World?

When it does, would you be in favor of finding another opponent (non-conference) and moving the A&M series to home and home?

What do you think of the name “Southwest Classic?” To me it made some sense in that that the UA and A&M were in the old SWC but now both are in the SEC and we are more “midsouth” than anything. When I think of “southwest,” visions of New Mexico, Arizona and Nevada come to mind.

ricepig

Re: Southwest Classic
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2019, 11:45:14 am »

2024, and yes, play the games at home. We can play in Dallas every few years, it’s lost some of its sparkle, and it isn’t all due to losing 7 in a row, 5 at AT+T.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Pudgepork

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Horse Racings most unlikely champ
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2019, 12:03:40 pm »

I don't have a problem with the name although I don't think of any of those games as classics.

Switch to home and home and play an out of conference game against texass every few yrs at Jerry's House

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Nadine Coyle shakin it for the Hogs!!!!
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2019, 01:14:34 pm »

When it does, would you be in favor of finding another opponent (non-conference) and moving the A&M series to home and home?

What do you think of the name “Southwest Classic?” To me it made some sense in that that the UA and A&M were in the old SWC but now both are in the SEC and we are more “midsouth” than anything. When I think of “southwest,” visions of New Mexico, Arizona and Nevada come to mind.

I think (and that is all it is...opinion) that with Morris' ties to Texas and the re-emphasis on recruiting in that state, that Morris will vote to keep it in Dallas for the time being. Now if Morris is gone by the time the contract expires I suppose anything could happen. But as long as he is around I think he'll try to keep it in place. I get the value of the home-and-home to the fans but this may be viewed as more of a recruiting tool by the staff, especially if we get over the hump and start winning some of those games.

hogfan064

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2019, 01:38:54 pm »

Play on on campus vs A&M.  I am good playing TTU, TCU, Houston, and Texas on a rotating basis there.  The Jones family will likely always want us there.

Tejano Jawg

• Ram Jam!
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2019, 02:21:45 pm »

I think (and that is all it is...opinion) that with Morris' ties to Texas and the re-emphasis on recruiting in that state, that Morris will vote to keep it in Dallas for the time being. Now if Morris is gone by the time the contract expires I suppose anything could happen. But as long as he is around I think he'll try to keep it in place. I get the value of the home-and-home to the fans but this may be viewed as more of a recruiting tool by the staff, especially if we get over the hump and start winning some of those games.

That makes sense. And the ONLY reason I'd want that game to stay there (and I live 20 minutes from the stadium). Morris has already opened roads to some solid programs in Texas—the Mansfield schools, Tyler, McKinney, Houston North Shore, and the DFW 'burbs. So that game would keep us in view to future recruits. But I do like the idea of it going to a non-conference game.

As many times as Highland Park High School has played there in state playoff games the past few years—and will most likely be there again this year—Morris is certainly familiar with the building!

jhogg

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2019, 02:52:47 pm »

I hope the A&M game goes to home and home

ifghog

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2019, 03:48:50 pm »

I dont care...I just want to beat them....good lord.....

rogersvillemohog

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Thank you for 25 years, Mike and Marcheita!
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2019, 03:53:39 pm »

I would certainly like to see the game stay in Arlington. Maybe I'm cutting off my nose to spite my face, but that was Aggy's concession to get the LSU game on Thanksgiving weekend. One of the many fantastic deals made by the great negotiator Jeffery P. Long.  ::) At any rate, Aggy's wanted the game to go back to home-and-home from the very beginning and just letting them walk out of the deal in Arlington and letting them have the LSU game too wouldn't sit well with me at all.

If they do decide to pull up and haul out of Arlington, Yurachek needs to set up a conference call with Chris Del Conte, Bob Bowlsby, and Greg Sankey and set up a long-term deal that allows us to play UT on Thanksgiving in Austin, Black Friday in Fayetteville, and the Saturday after Thanksgiving in Arlington every three years. That would be a win for everybody. Aggy gets to play their precious game against LSU, Arkansas and Texas are reunited on a yearly basis, it bolsters the image of both the SEC and Big 12 on Thanksgiving weekend, and most importantly it would probably really piss Aggy off which is something that Arkansas and Texas fans can get behind.

I know it's a tough pill to swallow, but right now, Texas is our ally. Doesn't mean I still don't hate the rat faced bastages, but every good recruit that goes to UT isn't going to Aggy, and I think I'm okay with that. If the toy soldier institute down in College Station is the "sleeping giant" that everybody in the national media is making them out to be then Arkansas is going to need to try to find every advantage that they can over them and helping Texas to become "Texas" again is probably a step in the right direction in that department. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Regardless,  ::hornsdown:: 4 life!

Hogs-n-Roses

• Coming to a Stadium Near You!
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2019, 05:35:35 pm »

Its an incredible recruiting tool there in central Tejas. How many kids areall in for playing in that stadium . I know some play state championships there but the next level is a different ballgame. Plus Jerruh has a new boat to pay for. Just kidding. I'm sure its about getting the ala mater in town also. I am all for the A$M game being home and home though.

checkraiser88

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2019, 05:41:30 pm »

Get rid of either the southwest classic/or LR sec game. We are losing visits because of our schedule.

twistitup

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2019, 05:44:42 pm »

Just Win

Iwastherein1969

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Dude I was the cool guy back in 76 look at me now
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2019, 06:33:53 pm »

Ever since Big Dan decided to leg whip an Aggy linebacker(at least 15 yards behind and to the left of the play) when Jonathan Williams (#32) took flight to the Aggy end zone to put the game firmly on the Arkansas side of the W ledger, we have had every piece of rotten luck one can have. We have to break out of this slump and soon or we'll risk becoming the new Aggy of the SWC/Big 12/SEC. Heaven help us if we fall in that bottomless pit and we are a step or so from the edge of taking the fatal plunge. Please. God. Anything. But. That.

twistitup

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2019, 06:35:34 pm »

Ever since Big Dan decided to leg whip an Aggy linebacker(at least 15 yards behind and to the left of the play) when Jonathan Williams (#32) took flight to the Aggy end zone to put the game firmly on the Arkansas side of the W ledger, we have had every piece of rotten luck one can have. We have to break out of this slump and soon or we'll risk becoming the new Aggy of the SWC/Big 12/SEC. Heaven help us if we fall in that bottomless pit and we are a step or so from the edge and taking the fatal plunge. Please. God. Anything. But. That.

....then we hired an aggy

Iwastherein1969

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2019, 06:41:34 pm »

I forgot about that. Well, it's over for Arkansas and relevancy as Barrett Sallee said on the PAWWWL FINEBURN show the other day.

DLUXHOG

• It'll feel better when it quits hurtin'
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2019, 07:29:35 pm »

2024, and yes, play the games at home. We can play in Dallas every few years, it’s lost some of its sparkle, and it isn’t all due to losing 7 in a row, 5 at AT+T.

FYI,  When Petrino was coaching our Hogs were 3-0 at jerryworld....

Iwastherein1969

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2019, 09:48:41 pm »

FYI,  When Petrino was coaching our Hogs were 3-0 at jerryworld....
I remember it well...I also remember a 10-0 #2 ranked Aggy team roll into Little Rock in late November of 1975(I was 16 and on a double date with pop's 4 tickets). Aggy supposedly had the greatest defense in the country. Until.  Scott Bull (#19) to Teddy Barnes (#35) late in the 2nd quarter led to a blow out of Aggy then stomped a mudhole in UGA in the Cotton Bowl. Now we are satisfied with a 4-8 season. Times have changed.

Hawg_E_Style

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2019, 09:54:47 pm »

I really want to attend a game in Jerrrah World, but I cant muster the will to buy a ticket and spend all that money going to a game that I know we are going to lose. Maybe in a year or two if the Hogs are improved.

Hog are ya

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2019, 01:57:50 am »

After the contract runs out in 24 with A&M, go to home and home.  We should then play one non-conference game yearly there.  HY should be on the phone now to line it up with the AD's of P5 schools scheduling games beginning in 25 thru 30 at a minimum.  It doesn't HAVE to be the Texas Tech Tcu"s of the world.  Oregon and a few others have already shown they will travel there.  Keep a presence there, but have it be a non-conference game...

HogBreath

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2019, 08:32:03 am »

I dont care...I just want to beat them....good lord.....

Exactly..it was CBB's continuing to find ways to lose this game that spelled the death knell for his tenure here.

Dark Helmet Hog

• Now let's see how well you handle it...
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2019, 08:43:39 am »

I hired one too. He'll be bringing me coffee twice a day for that week. The next week too if we lose.

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2019, 11:17:47 am »

Not just any ole aggy, an aggy who is seriously ticked off at A&M for not even considering him for their football head coach position and who wants to lay some serious payback on them.

Sed76

• Hogvillian
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2019, 11:57:38 am »

I love the trip to Arlington but watching the team find different ways to lose every years is way past old. I would be in favor of keeping the Southwest Classic game but rotating games against all the other former SWC schools. But before that hopefully laying a beatdown on the Aggies unleashing all the pent up frustration over the past few years.

HenduHog

• Razorbacks: Hostile and mobile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2019, 03:20:41 pm »

TAMU home and home

Set up another game with someone in Jerra's World. Baylor, TCU, UT. Someone from the old SWC

twistitup

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2019, 03:31:12 pm »

Not just any ole aggy, an aggy who is seriously ticked off at A&M for not even considering him for their football head coach position and who wants to lay some serious payback on them.

They are waiting for him to prove himself

Hogtimes

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2019, 03:56:59 pm »

I would certainly like to see the game stay in Arlington. Maybe I'm cutting off my nose to spite my face, but that was Aggy's concession to get the LSU game on Thanksgiving weekend. One of the many fantastic deals made by the great negotiator Jeffery P. Long.  ::) At any rate, Aggy's wanted the game to go back to home-and-home from the very beginning and just letting them walk out of the deal in Arlington and letting them have the LSU game too wouldn't sit well with me at all.

If they do decide to pull up and haul out of Arlington, Yurachek needs to set up a conference call with Chris Del Conte, Bob Bowlsby, and Greg Sankey and set up a long-term deal that allows us to play UT on Thanksgiving in Austin, Black Friday in Fayetteville, and the Saturday after Thanksgiving in Arlington every three years. That would be a win for everybody. Aggy gets to play their precious game against LSU, Arkansas and Texas are reunited on a yearly basis, it bolsters the image of both the SEC and Big 12 on Thanksgiving weekend, and most importantly it would probably really piss Aggy off which is something that Arkansas and Texas fans can get behind.

I know it's a tough pill to swallow, but right now, Texas is our ally. Doesn't mean I still don't hate the rat faced bastages, but every good recruit that goes to UT isn't going to Aggy, and I think I'm okay with that. If the toy soldier institute down in College Station is the "sleeping giant" that everybody in the national media is making them out to be then Arkansas is going to need to try to find every advantage that they can over them and helping Texas to become "Texas" again is probably a step in the right direction in that department. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Regardless,  ::hornsdown:: 4 life!

Win for Arkansas, but no way will  Texas consider it a win for them.   Their biggest game of the year is in Dallas every year against OU.   They will not play two neutral sight games in the same year and certainly not in the same metro area. Texas also likes to play national teams in out of conference.  Texas has demonstrated by postponing our next game for years that they have no interest in playing us.   They left the SWC for a reason.  Why call Bowlsby and Sankey,  they will not  have any power over Texas.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 04:08:25 pm by Hogtimes »

rogersvillemohog

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2019, 04:17:40 pm »

Win for Arkansas, but no way will  Texas considering it a win for them.   Their biggest game of the year is in Dallas every year against OU.   They will not play two neutral sight games in DFW r wo l

Why? In the last 5 years they've played 7 regular season neutral site games. 5 of those were the annual Red River Rivalry game, one was against Maryland last year at FedEx Field, and one was *get this* 5 years ago when they played UCLA in Jerry World. Not sure how playing a game in Jerry World every three years against us would be a bad thing for them and it's certainly not unprecedented. They also played Rice at Reliant in 2010, at UTEP in 2008, Rice in Reliant again in 2006, Rice in Reliant in 2003, @ Houston in 2001, and @ Rice in 1997. In fact, that's an even better idea. Have the game rotate every four year. Austin on Thanksgiving night, Fayetteville on Black Friday, Jerry World on Saturday, and Reliant on a Saturday. I solely want a game with UT in Houston now simply because it's right in Aggy's backyard. Thanks for the inspiration, Hogtimes. I'm going to write an email to HY right now.  ;D

Hogtimes

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2019, 04:37:53 pm »

Why? In the last 5 years they've played 7 regular season neutral site games. 5 of those were the annual Red River Rivalry game, one was against Maryland last year at FedEx Field, and one was *get this* 5 years ago when they played UCLA in Jerry World. Not sure how playing a game in Jerry World every three years against us would be a bad thing for them and it's certainly not unprecedented. They also played Rice at Reliant in 2010, at UTEP in 2008, Rice in Reliant again in 2006, Rice in Reliant in 2003, @ Houston in 2001, and @ Rice in 1997. In fact, that's an even better idea. Have the game rotate every four year. Austin on Thanksgiving night, Fayetteville on Black Friday, Jerry World on Saturday, and Reliant on a Saturday. I solely want a game with UT in Houston now simply because it's right in Aggy's backyard. Thanks for the inspiration, Hogtimes. I'm going to write an email to HY right now.  ;D

That game against Maryland was not a neutral sight game, that was a Maryland home game.  Same thing for Rice and UTEP. 

Your are welcome,  I am sure HY will be responsive to your inspiration and Texas will do likewise.

PS-  You left out the quote about Texas not wanting to play us, but I guess that is not important.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 08:48:41 pm by Hogtimes »

hawginTN

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2019, 05:10:32 pm »

Take the LR game , make it a non conference game and play it in Dallas. All conference games should be home and home. Then Fayetteville gets a game back and we no longer play in LR.

Play Texas in Jerry's world. Or Oklahoma. Beat either and that helps take some recruits from them in North Texas.

Hogtimes

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2019, 05:54:26 pm »

Take the LR game , make it a non conference game and play it in Dallas. All conference games should be home and home. Then Fayetteville gets a game back and we no longer play in LR.

Play Texas in Jerry's world. Or Oklahoma. Beat either and that helps take some recruits from them in North Texas.

So why would they want to play us?  What is in it for them?   Scheduling is a two way street.  Each team must see a benefit for playing.

UnknownNobody

« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2019, 05:58:25 pm »

So why would they want to play us?  What is in it for them?   Scheduling is a two way street.  Each team must see a benefit for them.

Those two teams most likely wouldn't want to play us, nothing in it for them. We could get Florida State or Ohio State or USC or Notre Dame to play us there.

Porked Tongue

• Global Moderator
  • Senior
  • Formerly posting as Snout Says
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2019, 06:02:40 pm »

End this one too. 

Can't screw the home crowd at DWR with crap SEC schedules like this one because of this handicap.

Sorry Jare, it served it's purpose but lets go home and home with A&M and you take a marquee n/c game.

3Scoreand10

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2019, 07:07:01 pm »

So why would they want to play us?  What is in it for them?   

Sadly, the way we have played the last few years, a certain win.

Hogs-n-Roses

• Coming to a Stadium Near You!
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2019, 09:56:00 pm »

Doesn't Texas owe us a game?

Cotton

• Formerly of ESPN 8 "The Ocho"
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2019, 08:46:14 am »

I'd rather play in Arlington than LR.

ricepig

« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2019, 10:22:12 am »

Doesn't Texas owe us a game?
9/11/2021

HogPharmer

« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2019, 12:40:47 pm »

I really want to attend a game in Jerrrah World, but I cant muster the will to buy a ticket and spend all that money going to a game that I know we are going to lose. Maybe in a year or two if the Hogs are improved.

If that scares you, just wait until you see how expensive the beer is!

Hogtimes

« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2019, 05:16:35 pm »

9/11/2021

Unless they postpone it again......for the umpteenth time.

ricepig

« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2019, 05:22:46 pm »

Unless they postpone it again......for the umpteenth time.

“They” being the University of Arkansas? We moved it last time due to starting the SWC with aTm.

rogersvillemohog

« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2019, 08:23:59 pm »

That game against Maryland was not a neutral sight game, that was a Maryland home game.  Same thing for Rice and UTEP. 

Your are welcome,  I am sure HY will be responsive to your inspiration and Texas will do likewise.

PS-  You left out the quote about Texas not wanting to play us, but I guess that is not important.

The Maryland game was at FedEx Field. While the University of Maryland is certainly closer and likely had a home field advantage in terms of fans, it was not a "home game." Same thing goes for Rice. Yes, UT played UTEP at the Sun Bowl but the entire point of my post was that it's not unheard of for UT to play non-conference games (whether they be neutral site or not) within the state of Texas even though they already play a neutral-site game in DFW.

If you really took me seriously when I said I was going to email HY, you might want to go get a new sarcasm detector. As far as Texas not wanting to play us, I can flip the question right back around. And don't act like I purposefully didn't include your post. Obviously you edited your post while I was making my response and didn't see that you had edited it. Why wouldn't they want to play us? As a matter of fact, why would any P5 program want to play any P5 program? Come on. They've been more than welcome to buyout the return trip to Fayetteville ever since it was moved back a number of years ago. That's a weak argument.

I'm also not sure what you mean by pointing out that Texas "left the SWC for a reason." We left the Southwest Conference well before UT. Lastly, to address your confusion as to why Bowlsby and Sankey would need to be involved in the argument, neither the University or Arkansas or the University of Texas has the power to change conference schedules on their own. UT might have that kind of power in the Big 12, but the conference commissioners would need to be involved in any discussion regarding scheduling an OOC game on a traditionally conference scheduled weekend.

Hogtimes

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2019, 01:28:55 pm »

“They” being the University of Arkansas? We moved it last time due to starting the SWC with aTm.

How many times have they moved it?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 04:26:29 pm by Hogtimes »

ricepig

« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2019, 01:31:00 pm »

How many time have they moved it?

Twice?

redleg

• Hogvillian
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2019, 01:38:29 pm »

I don't care where the Hogs play A&M as long as we win! If they do move the games back to home and home, Arkansas could play other Power 5 teams from Texas in Arlington (TCU, Texas, TTU, Baylor), but they could also play teams from other states. 2-4 year contracts with schools like Arizona, Kansas St, Iowa, or Miami would be excellent draws, and the other teams would love having a chance to play in Texas. If the Hogs were going to lose a recruit, I would much rather they lost that player to a non-SEC school than to A&M, or another West rival. Plus, scheduling to play schools like Arizona and Miami could be made to include home games as well.....1 or 2 games in Dallas, 1 in Fayetteville, 1 in Miami, etc.

Hogtimes

« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2019, 04:06:58 pm »

The Maryland game was at FedEx Field. While the University of Maryland is certainly closer and likely had a home field advantage in terms of fans, it was not a "home game." Same thing goes for Rice. Yes, UT played UTEP at the Sun Bowl but the entire point of my post was that it's not unheard of for UT to play non-conference games (whether they be neutral site or not) within the state of Texas even though they already play a neutral-site game in DFW.

If you really took me seriously when I said I was going to email HY, you might want to go get a new sarcasm detector. As far as Texas not wanting to play us, I can flip the question right back around. And don't act like I purposefully didn't include your post. Obviously you edited your post while I was making my response and didn't see that you had edited it. Why wouldn't they want to play us? As a matter of fact, why would any P5 program want to play any P5 program? Come on. They've been more than welcome to buyout the return trip to Fayetteville ever since it was moved back a number of years ago. That's a weak argument.

I'm also not sure what you mean by pointing out that Texas "left the SWC for a reason." We left the Southwest Conference well before UT. Lastly, to address your confusion as to why Bowlsby and Sankey would need to be involved in the argument, neither the University or Arkansas or the University of Texas has the power to change conference schedules on their own. UT might have that kind of power in the Big 12, but the conference commissioners would need to be involved in any discussion regarding scheduling an OOC game on a traditionally conference scheduled weekend.
[/quote

For clarification,  a neutral sight game is described as a one game series played at a neutral sight, or like the annual OU-Texas game.  The Maryland game was not a one and done neutral sight game.  It was basically  a home and home series.  Maryland played the game at FedEx field because their home stadium is too small.  (FYI in most nonconference game contracts  the home team keeps all of the receipts.)   Thus Maryland made more money playing  the game at FedEx.  The game in Austin was UT's home game, the game at FedEx was Maryland's home game in a two game series in which one team is designated the home team for various reasons such as colored shirts,  and officials.   Same thing goes for Rice vs UT.   Also, UTEP plays all of their home games at the Sun Bowl. 

Large schools schools like UT get political pressure to play in state schools.  They do not get political pressure to play Arkansas.

If you think I actually took you seriously about emailing HY, you need the sarcasm detector.

Arkansas vs Texas is not a conference game and Bowlsby sure as heck has no control over Texas scheduling nonconference games.  Some  people  think Texas dictates  their  conference schedule.  In case you have not heard Texas rules the roost in the Big12 just like they did in the SWC....remember

Scheduling is a two way street.  Each team must believe the game provides their school the most benefit they can possibly schedule.   We all see a great benefit in us playing Texas.  I am not sure  it is equal for Texas with all of the other options available.   Texas left the SWC because they wanted to  expand their geographic playing area. 
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 04:33:53 pm by Hogtimes »

beardedgeego

• Bench Warmer
  • I Called That Play Brotha!
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2019, 01:23:03 pm »

I don't like it in Dallas, and have no desire to attend it.  Much rather attend Fayetteville games

Cotton

« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2019, 01:23:52 pm »

I don't like it in Dallas, and have no desire to attend it.  Much rather attend Fayetteville games
You should try going to Arlington instead  ;)

beardedgeego

• Bench Warmer
  • I Called That Play Brotha!
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2019, 01:28:16 pm »

Twas a reference to the entire DFW area.  I apologize for my offensive gaffe...

Cotton

« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2019, 01:36:19 pm »

Twas a reference to the entire DFW area.  I apologize for my offensive gaffe...
Have you ever been to a game in Arlington? Just curious where you formed your opinion.

little pigee

• I'll get back to you on that...
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2019, 09:03:15 pm »

Have you ever been to a game in Arlington? Just curious where you formed your opinion.
Don't be a DWE.

tusked

• Clapton is god....but SRV was the big bang!
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2019, 10:21:21 pm »

After it goes back to home and home then all the hogs need is a game in Jerry World every other year.

Play in Arlington when the Aggies play in Fay.  That way the hogs are playing at least one game in the state of Texas every season.

Every other year might get some better opponents than old SWC buddies.  Maybe a Arizona or AZ state or Nebraska or a Oklahoma state.  Texas and OU aren't playing the hogs in dallas anytime soon.

If they already didn't have the Aggies down there, BYU game might have been a possibility for Arlington.

But as long as you're playing at least one game a season down there in that state I think that sufficient.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas