• 10,348,307 Posts
• 409,495 Topics
• 23,408 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Quade Mosier Thread  (Read 9958 times)

hawg IQ

Quade Mosier Thread
« on: June 17, 2019, 10:45:19 pm »

Richard Jibunor is a 4 star LB  that played for Auburn.  Enters the portal.

How badly do we need this guy, since our LB is looking pretty thin?

I think we make it a priority getting him.
sounds good, I Ďm telling you hogs needs Mosier kid out of Fayetteville, real deal and Bulldogs turns out linebackers. Big strong, runs about 4.65, hope l spelled  his name right ?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 07:55:34 am by hawg IQ »

aloha_kid

Re: Quade Mosier Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 03:07:53 am »

sounds good, I Ďm telling you hogs needs Mosieur kid out of Fayetteville, real deal and Bulldogs turns out linebackers. Big strong, runs about 4.65, hope l spelled  his name right ?

https://247sports.com/Player/Quade-Mosier-46082581/

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

OneTuskOverTheLineô

• Gold Hogvillian
  • One tusk over the line sweet Jesus...
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 09:35:00 am »

presidenthog

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2019, 10:16:25 pm »

Think there was a thread on the Auburn LB and it was pointed out that he had issues off the field. Probably not a risk worth taking.

He was mentioned that we needed him. The off the field stuff WAS the Auburn lb.

Hawg2afault

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 06:51:39 am »

https://247sports.com/Player/Quade-Mosier-46082581/
He couldn't run a 4.67 if they shot him out of  a cannon.  All these times need to be done by track people that know what they are doing.

RaisinHog

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 07:47:40 am »

He couldn't run a 4.67 if they shot him out of  a cannon.  All these times need to be done by track people that know what they are doing.

Well his time at that link is a 4.77

OneTuskOverTheLineô

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2019, 08:04:21 am »

Track people don't play football, and the 40 yd dash doesn't mean squat unless you're running down RB's. LB's just need to get in their way. If you're chasing as a LB you've already lost. Forget your 40 time fascination bro, and quit reading those stupid recruiting experts. Except for Otis of course......  ;)

JackJohnson

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2019, 08:37:35 am »

Looks like a great PWO candidate at LB...hope we can get him

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
    • Missing your favorite thread?  It's probably in Vents and Rumors
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2019, 08:38:31 am »

Track people don't play football, and the 40 yd dash doesn't mean squat unless you're running down RB's. LB's just need to get in their way. If you're chasing as a LB you've already lost. Forget your 40 time fascination bro, and quit reading those stupid recruiting experts. Except for Otis of course......  ;)

Truth

hawg IQ

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2019, 03:26:03 pm »

Truth
well he was hand timed at 4.6, but laser time was 4.77 , all in all not bad for inside linebacker.  I think he could play here however and we need linebackers. Like I said  big and strong young man. Fayetteville does turn out good players. He did well on recent camp in Texas also. Those wondering just do research and see.

RaisinHog

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2019, 05:12:24 pm »

well he was hand timed at 4.6, but laser time was 4.77 , all in all not bad for inside linebacker.  I think he could play here however and we need linebackers. Like I said  big and strong young man. Fayetteville does turn out good players. He did well on recent camp in Texas also. Those wondering just do research and see.

My only gripe about the 40 time Is that he runs that at 200 lbs it's probably not gona get better when he weighs 240 .. plenty of good inside backers are probably comparable in speed they are just larger and run that fast

red_beard_82

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2019, 09:14:14 pm »

So youíre saying that you think we have had plenty of speed on defense the past few years? Team speed, especially in the middle of the field hasnít hurt us at all?

Rock City Razorback

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2019, 10:00:26 pm »

He wonít turn down scholarships to schools like UCF to be a walk-on. Could see him having a good Sr year, maybe getting an offer later. But if we land the duo from Memphis, may not have room. They need LBs bad though

hawg IQ

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2019, 09:47:19 am »

He wonít turn down scholarships to schools like UCF to be a walk-on. Could see him having a good Sr year, maybe getting an offer later. But if we land the duo from Memphis, may not have room. They need LBs bad though
yeah I get that speed is important, yet there is more to the game  than doing 4.5 in football. Being able to read, study film on plays . You can run  4.5 to the wrong spot too ! Any way we have to trust the coaches on recruiting the right guys. But this guy like Greenlaw is playing in the back yard.

Rzrbk63

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2019, 10:24:48 am »

Quade Mosier is a very good player.  His father played offensive line here in the late 80's and also was a very good player.  The Hogs need to get on him as he is getting a lot of attention from OU and other programs.  Has a huge upside. 

hawgmasta

• I have to return some videotapes.
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2019, 04:28:26 pm »

Size and speed wise very similar to Brooks, no?

Rukidding1

• Band Nerd
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2019, 01:29:54 pm »

My only gripe about the 40 time Is that he runs that at 200 lbs it's probably not gona get better when he weighs 240 .. plenty of good inside backers are probably comparable in speed they are just larger and run that fast

6í2 220
4.61-40yd
4.28-5-10-5
This was OU camp 2weeks ago, not too shabby.

Rukidding1

• Band Nerd
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2019, 01:36:54 pm »

Since he already has offers from current top 20 D1 programs, Iím guessing thatís very doubtful.

ricepig

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2019, 01:46:34 pm »

Since he already has offers from current top 20 D1 programs, Iím guessing thatís very doubtful.

Whoís offered? This doesnít show one, but they arenít always up to date, has he acknowledged it on twitter?

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Quade-Mosier-128220/RecruitInterests/

Rukidding1

• Band Nerd
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2019, 02:08:39 pm »

Whoís offered? This doesnít show one, but they arenít always up to date, has he acknowledged it on twitter?

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Quade-Mosier-128220/RecruitInterests/
Itís in the link you posted.
Click on link and scroll down.

ricepig

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2019, 02:33:37 pm »

Itís in the link you posted.
Click on link and scroll down.

Ah, I guess UCF is the offer, gotcha. Still donít recognize them as top 20, just old school.

Rukidding1

• Band Nerd
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2019, 02:45:16 pm »

Ah, I guess UCF is the offer, gotcha. Still donít recognize them as top 20, just old school.
UCF and Army finished in ap top 20 last year.
Pretty sure they are both picked pre season top 20 this year.
Where can I find your old school rankings, and where do they rank Arkansas?

ricepig

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2019, 02:47:39 pm »

UCF and Army finished in ap top 20 last year.
Pretty sure they are both picked pre season top 20 this year.
Where can I find your old school rankings, and where do they rank Arkansas?

Try Google, you can find anything there.

hawg IQ

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2019, 02:56:10 pm »

he wonít do a player walk on when there is full rides out there. Sure to be more too ! I prob know more about this young man than Iím saying, itís all good too . If OU is thinking, should the hogs?

ricepig

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2019, 03:02:31 pm »

he wonít do a player walk on when there is full rides out there. Sure to be more too ! I prob know more about this young man than Iím saying, itís all good too . If OU is thinking, should the hogs?

Did he camp at the UofA last week?

OneTuskOverTheLineô

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2019, 03:27:18 pm »

So youíre saying that you think we have had plenty of speed on defense the past few years? Team speed, especially in the middle of the field hasnít hurt us at all?

No... What I'm saying is your opinion on the 40 yd dash is flawed.
 Jeb Huckeba's ran a 4.62 in the NFL combine. He did OK in the SEC...

presidenthog

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2019, 03:28:42 pm »

Considering that OU was worse than us on defense last year. I don't think I care too much about an offer from them for a defensive player.

hawg IQ

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2019, 05:20:55 pm »

Quote from: ricepig link=topic=685674.msg12168992#msg12168992 the date=1561492951
Did he camp at the UofA last week?
no, Fayetteville was doing 7 on 7 at Alma. But heís been down to see the hogs several times.

ricepig

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2019, 05:25:32 pm »

no, Fayetteville was doing 7 on 7 at Alma. But heís been down to see the hogs several times.

Down to see doesnít let them see him in drills. Usually those on the cusp of offers find attending camp helps. Good luck to the young man, getting to play football in college and getting your school paid for is nice.

hawg IQ

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2019, 05:42:02 pm »

Down to see doesnít let them see him in drills. Usually those on the cusp of offers find attending camp helps. Good luck to the young man, getting to play football in college and getting your school paid for is nice.
heís no stranger ability wise to the hogs. They are looking for the best available, I understand. I do think he would be starting in a couple years here however, If they pass, they pass. Heís just better than PWO IMO. Weíll see what happens. One has to see all the misses shooting at stars teams like ol miss can buy in 11 th hour too.

ricepig

« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2019, 05:48:56 pm »

heís no stranger ability wise to the hogs. They are looking for the best available, I understand. I do think he would be starting in a couple years here however, If they pass, they pass. Heís just better than PWO IMO. Weíll see what happens. One has to see all the misses shooting at stars teams like ol miss can buy in 11 th hour too.

Well, tell him not to sign in the early period then, lol.

UnknownNobody

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2019, 05:55:35 pm »

It would seem Morris and Co have other LB's (probably 3-4) higher on the board than Mosier. Considering they plan to take 3-4 this year, he has a chance if one of the other LB's goes elsewhere.

Otis Kirk

• Global Moderator

Otis Kirk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2019, 01:17:33 pm »

sounds good, I Ďm telling you hogs needs Mosier kid out of Fayetteville, real deal and Bulldogs turns out linebackers. Big strong, runs about 4.65, hope l spelled  his name right ?

And Mosier's dad was a Hog too. Cody Mosier who was at Hope.

hawg IQ

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2019, 08:49:45 am »

Well, tell him not to sign in the early period then, lol.
I donít have any influence when he signs.

ricepig

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2019, 09:37:23 am »

I donít have any influence when he signs.

I wasnít being serious.......

hawg IQ

« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2019, 10:44:20 am »

I wasnít being serious.......
but itís a good point, if he did sign early , it would be the hogs. I do expect him to have a good season with Fayetteville, barring injury. Like Isaid we will see how it goes. Hogs do need more linebackers however.

ricepig

« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2019, 11:16:48 am »

but itís a good point, if he did sign early , it would be the hogs. I do expect him to have a good season with Fayetteville, barring injury. Like Isaid we will see how it goes. Hogs do need more linebackers however.

True, and they are on several higher on their board, itís a numbers game if you are willing to wait.

Rock City Razorback

« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2019, 11:21:57 am »

Honestly, I like him better than Moore, and especially the Francis kid from Knoxville. And if we don't get one of the Memphis cats, why the heck not?

hawg IQ

« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2019, 01:35:31 pm »

Honestly, I like him better than Moore, and especially the Francis kid from Knoxville. And if we don't get one of the Memphis cats, why the heck not?
really like Fayetteville kids with Greenlaw, Oígrady, they play hard always and they buy in it seems.

ricepig

« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2019, 01:42:39 pm »

really like Fayetteville kids with Greenlaw, Oígrady, they play hard always and they buy in it seems.

It took awhile for OíGrady........

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2019/jun/24/growing-pains-tough-situations-help-ogrady-develop/

hawg IQ

« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2019, 07:47:31 pm »

It took awhile for OíGrady........

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2019/jun/24/growing-pains-tough-situations-help-ogrady-develop/
watched Quade Mosier cover backs and receivers in 7 on 7 today. Looks fast ,  he looked good.

exit followed by a boar

• Senior
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2019, 08:37:24 pm »

Brooks Ellis had measurables and work ethic that showed him to be a prototypical LB. He ran around a 4.8 40. Although he was quite good especially against the run, he was really a LB for another age. The spread offenses we were and still are going against required him to play a lot of pass coverage, a role for which he was just a tad slow.  That's the kind of dilemma our coaches need to solve when they recruit linebackers.

EFBAB

hawg IQ

« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2019, 08:58:12 pm »

Brooks Ellis had measurables and work ethic that showed him to be a prototypical LB. He ran around a 4.8 40. Although he was quite good especially against the run, he was really a LB for another age. The spread offenses we were and still are going against required him to play a lot of pass coverage, a role for which he was just a tad slow.  That's the kind of dilemma our coaches need to solve when they recruit linebackers.

EFBAB
  Quade runs 4.6 according to his coach hand timed. Better than Brooks Ellis folks. Hey nobody is saying we had speed at linebacke these past few years, but there was poor coaching, poor recruiting at every position.  Gosh why is a simple suggestions or comment always slammed. If there a world class linebacker, by all means get him to u of a asap. The guy can play, itís one person opine is all. Think about 2-10 folks, he can make us better.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 07:45:27 am by hawg IQ »

Porkys Revenge

« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2019, 09:23:37 pm »

EFBAB
he was probably the last LB we had that returned an interception for a TD. So thereís that..

ricepig

« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2019, 07:50:56 am »

Quade runs 4.6 according to his coach hand timed. Better than Brooks Ellis folks. Hey nobody is saying we had speed at linebacke these past few years, but there was poor coaching, poor recruiting at every position.  Gosh why is a simple suggestions or comment always slammed. If there a world class linebacker, by all means get him to u of a asap. The guy can play, itís one person opine is all. Think about 2-10 folks, he can make us better.

Hand timed doesnít mean anything, lol. If Chavis hasnít offered sitting in his back door, then thatís all you need to know. Iím sure heís in the pecking order, but theyíll see how it plays out with others. He may have to wait until NSD, or even GT season, or take a blue shirt for 2021.

hawg IQ

« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2019, 01:18:55 pm »

Hand timed doesnít mean anything, lol. If Chavis hasnít offered sitting in his back door, then thatís all you need to know. Iím sure heís in the pecking order, but theyíll see how it plays out with others. He may have to wait until NSD, or even GT season, or take a blue shirt for 2021.
dont know if he would suit Mr.Chavis or not, if not, he will make somebody a good player. I like seeing local kids get a fair shot, sometimes they donít. It was more just my own opinion. That doesnít matter in the long run. If C Morris/Chavis donít make the right choices, they get fired, not me. I hope Quade goes where ever he is happy. He does have an offer from central florida, if it were me, Iíde take that.

ricepig

« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2019, 01:33:29 pm »

dont know if he would suit Mr.Chavis or not, if not, he will make somebody a good player. I like seeing local kids get a fair shot, sometimes they donít. It was more just my own opinion. That doesnít matter in the long run. If C Morris/Chavis donít make the right choices, they get fired, not me. I hope Quade goes where ever he is happy. He does have an offer from central florida, if it were me, Iíde take that.

If he gets his college paid for, good for him. I trust those who do it for a living, do they miss on some, you bet. I donít get hung up on where the players are from, just get good ones, lol.

Rukidding1

• Band Nerd
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2019, 01:36:36 pm »

Itís interesting how UofA seems scared of local talent.
3 players at Mizzou from Fayetteville High that helped embarrass the Hogs last year. 😳

ricepig

« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2019, 02:03:58 pm »

Itís interesting how UofA seems scared of local talent.
3 players at Mizzou from Fayetteville High that helped embarrass the Hogs last year. 😳

Itís funny, when they had the Allen brothers and Ellis, HV said they needed to venture further out.  ???
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas