• 10,349,796 Posts
• 409,548 Topics
• 23,410 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Richard Jibunor, Soph LB Enters Transfer Portal  (Read 2830 times)

PetrinoFan

Richard Jibunor, Soph LB Enters Transfer Portal
« on: June 17, 2019, 12:13:45 pm »

Richard Jibunor is a 4 star LB  that played for Auburn.  Enters the portal.

How badly do we need this guy, since our LB is looking pretty thin?

I think we make it a priority getting him.

ricepig

Re: Richard Jibunor, Soph LB Enters Transfer Portal
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 12:26:25 pm »

Heíll have to sit out a year, Iím not sure what any connections the staff has with him.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Poppa Tart

• Hogvillian
  • Calling the Hogs with my sis.
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 12:40:55 pm »

Not so sure about this one. From 247:

"Jibunor had much to improve upon during spring practices in March and April, teammates said.
"He showed us speed, but he has to get better with hands and heís got to be coachable," Moultry said at the time... Because [defensive line coach] (Rodney Garner) canít keep saying the same thing, and once he keeps saying the same thing, heís going to give up on him...
Jibunor was arrested and charged on New Year's Eve 2017 with a DUI, failure to maintain lane and improper driving..."

Full article: https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Auburn-pass-rusher-Richard-Jibunor-hits-transfer-portal-132896118/

He's an athletic specimen and was expected to compete for the starting job, so the transfer alone raises red flags. Overall, I'm not sure he's a good fit for a team in the process of rebuilding.

PetrinoFan

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 12:52:39 pm »

Thanks for sharing!!  Didnít know all that.

Hawgphat

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2019, 11:55:55 am »

"Jibunor had much to improve upon during spring practices in March and April, teammates said."He showed us speed, but he has to get better with hands and heís got to be coachable," Moultry said at the time... Because [defensive line coach] (Rodney Garner) canít keep saying the same thing, and once he keeps saying the same thing, heís going to give up on him...

Jibunor was arrested and charged on New Year's Eve 2017 with a DUI, failure to maintain lane and improper driving..."

He's an athletic specimen and was expected to compete for the starting job, so the transfer alone raises red flags. Overall, I'm not sure he's a good fit for a team in the process of rebuilding.

I don't like the sound of that assessment even one little bit.  I am adamantly opposed to bringing reportedly problematic kids on board.  They may have an admirable amount of athletic potential; - - but their apparent potential for engendering thoroughly negative episodes on more than a single front outweighs any potential overall benefit in my book.  I'd pass on him.  Too risky.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 12:33:31 pm by Hawgphat »

King Kong

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2019, 03:12:01 pm »

Heíll have to sit out a year, Iím not sure what any connections the staff has with him.

Well, he could count toward next years class like Jones and Smith. Itís not like we wonít have a LB need this time next year.

Of course CCM will have to determine culture fit vs glaring need with Harris not returning

ricepig

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2019, 03:19:44 pm »

Well, he could count toward next years class like Jones and Smith. Itís not like we wonít have a LB need this time next year.

Of course CCM will have to determine culture fit vs glaring need with Harris not returning

True, but he is from Athens, GA and didnít have a GA offer, just one of the many things that makes one pause.

hobhog

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2019, 04:04:04 pm »

Getting out before Gus gets fired. Ought to wait and see who next coach is....

Porkerpower

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2019, 08:00:00 pm »

Depends on a kids makeup. Sometimes when a kid runs into adversity slash trouble he kind of wakes up. Not saying but this guy would or would not learn from his mistakes, but sometimes people turn their lives around when they realize they are about to throw a huge opportunity away.

OneTuskOverTheLineô

• Gold Hogvillian
  • One tusk over the line sweet Jesus...
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2019, 08:50:42 am »

Depends on a kids makeup. Sometimes when a kid runs into adversity slash trouble he kind of wakes up. Not saying but this guy would or would not learn from his mistakes, but sometimes people turn their lives around when they realize they are about to throw a huge opportunity away.
  /
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas