• 10,650,873 Posts
• 417,579 Topics
• 24,467 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Isiah Moss to Kansas  (Read 3197 times)

Catholic High Hog

Isiah Moss to Kansas
« on: June 10, 2019, 02:51:43 pm »

I very much believe what Mike Erwin said about there may have been trouble with him getting grad school. I donít think it was anything to do with our coaching staff or something fell through. The fact he was going to have finish everything during the summer makes me think that was most likely the issue.

Hampagne Life

Re: Isiah Moss to Kansas
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 03:07:17 pm »

As expected. Good luck to him. Wish we could have kept him especially with the 3 point line moving back.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

PetrinoFan

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 03:21:22 pm »

Difficult losing him but weíve got an outstanding staff. 

Smithian

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 04:56:07 pm »

Good luck to him.

Razorbacks need a wing or for Khalil Garland to get healthy. Joe and Jones are good starters but no depth.

cardinalhawg

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 05:24:59 pm »

The thing that bites on this one is that I think we would have had the wing spot filled with another player had Moss not committed.  Maybe it was the grad school issues or a spot and opportunity to play being available now that Hampton decided to be pro ball overseas and Grimes decided to transfer as one person mentioned on Twitter, or perhaps a combination of both.

I haven't found much regarding Donte-Fitzpatrick-Dorsey from Memphis and his interest in schools or being pursued by schools, but he has been out there since late March on the grad transfer list.  Perhaps there is a reason, but he had a good year for Tennessee State last year after not playing much at Ole Miss his first two seasons.  He shot well from three point land, was decent from two point land, and shot decent at the free throw line on a good number of attempts.  He also rebounded fairly well.  He is 6-4, so he would be just a little shorter than Moss, so he could play the 2 and 3 positions.  I have not seen or heard anything regarding any interest by Arkansas though.

lookawayquick

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 12:19:59 pm »

Screw Kansas!  Bagman to the rescue!

STLhawg

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2019, 01:01:06 pm »

No doubt about that!

Ray Piggers

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • I'm in a Natural state right now, man...
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2019, 01:09:43 pm »

I like how it was major news too. I kept seeing it on the ESPN bottom line. Donít remember that when he committed to us!

Been10Hog

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2019, 02:06:18 pm »

I like how it was major news too. I kept seeing it on the ESPN bottom line. Donít remember that when he committed to us!
Exactly what I was thinking as it scrolled during us stomping Ole Piss

Lud42

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2019, 06:20:29 pm »

In all likelihood, Kansas was probably the young man's first choice, but they didn't have a spot for him. Grimes transfers and Hampton goes overseas and now he has his spot. The fact that we couldn't get him into school here at the start of the summer is why he was still technically available to de-commit and sign with Kansas. If he had been ready to go and already here, Kansas would have had to move on down their list.

bkjbearcat

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2019, 08:53:19 am »

It's 2019... why don't we have a bagman to the rescue?

Smithian

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2019, 09:48:38 am »

Sour grapes.

Everyone here heralds Musselman chasing 5*s as some amazing feat of charisma, but Bill Self picking up a transfer over Arkansas when he is a championship winning coach, heads a premiere program, and is offering more playing time must be a bag man.

There have been some strange moments on the recruiting trail, like Reggie Perry, but overall most of these decisions are pretty easy to understand.

Smithian

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2019, 09:49:08 am »

In all likelihood, Kansas was probably the young man's first choice, but they didn't have a spot for him. Grimes transfers and Hampton goes overseas and now he has his spot. The fact that we couldn't get him into school here at the start of the summer is why he was still technically available to de-commit and sign with Kansas. If he had been ready to go and already here, Kansas would have had to move on down their list.
I think this is right.

HF#1

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2019, 01:48:11 pm »

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Dantztime

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2019, 09:02:51 pm »

NCAA to announce level 1 violations against 6 schools, likely by the end of summer according to NCAA official - which hopefully means they're doing something about all the cheating. The schools havent been named, but it's safe to say Kansas may be one of them. If so, I wonder if any commits start second guessing their choices.

I cant seem to share the article on my phone

pignatious

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2019, 12:32:50 am »

I hope Kansas gets what it has deserved for years, a long and painful probation. For those delusional Kansas fans who think itís all about their ďtraditionĒ sorry to break your bubble. Your team has been cheating for years. They just have more resources and more cover in the media than most other schools. The NCAA is a joke. 

UnknownNobody

• Youíre not worthy!!!
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2019, 01:18:38 am »

I hope Kansas gets what it has deserved for years, a long and painful probation. For those delusional Kansas fans who think itís all about their ďtraditionĒ sorry to break your bubble. Your team has been cheating for years. They just have more resources and more cover in the media than most other schools. The NCAA is a joke.

"The NCAA is so mad at Kentucky they're going to give Cleveland State another year of probation."
                             Jerry Tarkanian

kuhog

• Senior
  • Your site for Razorback news.
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2019, 10:39:05 pm »

A little bitter, are we?

hawgmasta

• All-American Hogvillian
  • I have to return some videotapes.
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2019, 01:05:16 am »

Sour grapes.

Everyone here heralds Musselman chasing 5*s as some amazing feat of charisma, but Bill Self picking up a transfer over Arkansas when he is a championship winning coach, heads a premiere program, and is offering more playing time must be a bag man.

There have been some strange moments on the recruiting trail, like Reggie Perry, but overall most of these decisions are pretty easy to understand.

Yep. If anyone here is honest with themselves they know that if a kid has no ties to the greatest state in the union but Kansas came calling their basketball tradition and exposure is much more pronounced. It is what it is, I really wish we kept Moss but I choose to look at the positive that we originally got him committed. Musselman has never even coached a game and is competing with the big dawgs. Canít wait to see what happens when we start winning.  8)

Hogmatic

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2019, 09:08:34 am »

Yep. If anyone here is honest with themselves they know that if a kid has no ties to the greatest state in the union but Kansas came calling their basketball tradition and exposure is much more pronounced. It is what it is, I really wish we kept Moss but I choose to look at the positive that we originally got him committed. Musselman has never even coached a game and is competing with the big dawgs. Canít wait to see what happens when we start winning.  8)

I am very impressed with Muss.  3 years from now should be very rewarding.

Kevin McPherson

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2019, 05:18:38 pm »

Getting Moss and Blackshear on campus was huge. Could have had Villanova transfer / former McD AA Quinerly on campus, too. There were a couple of secret visitors that if those names got out would blow some minds. Muss ain't playin'!

cardinalhawg

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2019, 09:01:21 pm »

Getting Moss and Blackshear on campus was huge. Could have had Villanova transfer / former McD AA Quinerly on campus, too. There were a couple of secret visitors that if those names got out would blow some minds. Muss ain't playin'!

Grad Transfers?
Regular Transfers?
Class of 2019?
Class of 2020?
Class of 2021?
Players committed elsewhere?
Players we are still in the running for?

I will not go any further, but I was curious as to what you could share without mentioning names lol.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 09:15:56 pm by cardinalhawg »

Kevin McPherson

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2019, 09:25:47 pm »

Grad Transfers?
Regular Transfers?
Class of 2019?
Class of 2020?
Class of 2021?
Players committed elsewhere?
Players we are still in the running for?

I will not go any further, but I was curious as to what you could share without mentioning names lol.

Can't say more -- I know, doosh-bag move to bring it up in the first place -- but the parade of visitors has been impressive.

Smithian

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2019, 09:59:42 pm »

You dirty tease

batmanfan

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2019, 10:14:10 pm »

Aw man lol. KM if you canít say what class this guys are in can you at least say they are a possibility or not? Lol

realistichog

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2019, 11:32:55 am »

Kansas is about to take a hit from the NCAA along with a half dozen others.

UnknownNobody

• Youíre not worthy!!!
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2019, 11:41:32 am »

Kansas is about to take a hit from the NCAA along with a half dozen others.

I'll believe that when it happens and even if it does happen what are they going to do? Tell em they can't go to the NCAAT one year? Take a scholarship away for a year?

Ole Miss was "hit" with NCAA sanctions and scholarship reductions only to be allowed to sign 35 prospects the next year.

It's all a joke.

liljo

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2019, 10:35:45 am »

I'll believe that when it happens and even if it does happen what are they going to do? Tell em they can't go to the NCAAT one year? Take a scholarship away for a year?

Ole Miss was "hit" with NCAA sanctions and scholarship reductions only to be allowed to sign 35 prospects the next year.

It's all a joke.
I agree, man, it is just a big joke. Talk, talk, talk.

FineAsSwine

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2019, 10:40:06 am »

Can't say more -- I know, doosh-bag move to bring it up in the first place -- but the parade of visitors has been impressive.

Kids tweet out the most minute and boring details of their life and a kid is making a secret trip to visit a school? Who does that?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas